Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

Here we go guys, the source : http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-07-skyrim-remaster-prey-2-wolfenstein-2-evil-within-2-rumoured-for-e3

Of course its a rumor but do not surprise me anyway, its an easy cash grab for them, and almost all mods user nowadays will buy it AGAIN just to reduce the amount of mods used in their list. And maybe more.

My bets are :

- Skyrim Base (vanilla)

- All Dlc

- Re-patched game (fix for all 3 dlcs and main game)

- Re-texture pack

- Fallout 4 engine asset (lightning, shadow, texture, Vram support etc)

- Weather 100% re-done

- Lanterns game mechanic

Neogaf topic : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1229361

Monsieur Dragon Punch went on to add that the Skyrim remaster will contain "mods, all DLC [and] improved visuals". Mod support is the key inclusion there - it being the thing that makes Skyrim so enduringly popular on PC. Remember, console mod support is something Bethesda now has up and running in Fallout 4 on Xbox One, and will bring to PS4 later this month.

What do you think ?

So what's the point of it? Mods have already achieved all this is supposed to do. We have better graphics, we have a lot of gameplay mods, we have weather mods and so on. I don't see any reason to buy this.

The Bethesda engine is bad and I don't think that they will make a new one just for a remastered/remaked game.

Also, there's no guarantee that mods from the original Skyrim will be compatible.

Besides that, it's mentioned as a remastered version. Doesn't remastered mean just better graphics and nothing else? As far as I know, remastered games are the same with new graphics and remade games have better graphics AND more content. Better graphics for Skyrim? Not needed. We have quite a lot of mods for that, including ENB for effects that the default Skyrim doesn't even have.

I think this article is simply wrong. A remastered version of Skyrim would surprise me. Morrowind with better graphics would seem more believable, but Skyrim?

But there's already mods that make it pretty much remastered already. Why bother? Why not spend that time making a new, better TES game?

at Bethesda is the Shit at dampen!  :lol:  :lol:

but it would be a huge period between Skyrim 2011 and TES VI approximately 2018 = more than 7 years!

Morrowind was released in 2002

Oblivion was released in 2006 = 4 years

Skyrim was released in 2011 = 5 years

the periods between games become of game to game ever increasing!

either Bethesda rest on its laurels or they do not need more money.

I'm done with Bethesda!  :P

But there's already mods that make it pretty much remastered already. Why bother? Why not spend that time making a new, better TES game?

at Bethesda is the Shit at dampen!  :lol:  :lol:

but it would be a huge period between Skyrim 2011 and TES VI approximately 2018 = more than 7 years!

Morrowind was released in 2002

Oblivion was released in 2006 = 4 years

Skyrim was released in 2011 = 5 years

the periods between games become of game to game ever increasing!

either Bethesda rest on its laurels or they do not need more money.

Well, they did just release FO4, and these days it takes longer to put out a big open world game with modern graphics, so I can understand the delay. And really, I want a game they worked hard on and took their time with, not a rush job. I'm willing to wait as long as the wait is worth it.

---snip---

Well, they did just release FO4, and these days it takes longer to put out a big open world game with modern graphics, so I can understand the delay. And really, I want a game they worked hard on and took their time with, not a rush job. I'm willing to wait as long as the wait is worth it.

I'm almost 60 years old, and for me there's no Bethesda game more!

well if they fixes the 4gb memory thing and is a free update to all skyrim users then i will welcome it otherwise not interested. my game is already remastered with lots of visual mods including ENB.

Sigh and the general community will respond like this:

Derp.jpg

i think mostly console community and they actually deserve it as skyrim on consoles was just pathetic.

I just want my goddamn The Elder Scrolls 6

After Fallout 4? Do you really wish TES series that bad? Leave it be for now, until they come up to their senses and realize whats wrong.

Anyways esss please Todd. I will definitely buy it . Not digging really into the Fallout4 modding duh

Skyrim on 64bit with Fallout4 engine, that would be amazing.

We can easily remaster it with mods. For free.

Personally, I really don't care about the visuals if there is no massive gameplay improvement and extended content. Sure, it can look absolutely amazing but vanilla Skyrim is crap. I wouldn't buy it. I'd have to download hundreds of mods again just to make this "stunningly beautiful" game enjoyable.

I'd rather have dlc(s). Why would I pay for a possibly inferior version of the same game? Remaking Skyrim with fallout engine is pointless. I have yet to see a "pretty" character in Fo4. If visuals is not an issue to begin with, then there's no reason to buy the more demanding version of the same game.

Personally, I really don't care about the visuals if there is no massive gameplay improvement and extended content. Sure, it can look absolutely amazing but vanilla Skyrim is crap. I wouldn't buy it. I'd have to download hundreds of mods again just to make this "stunningly beautiful" game enjoyable.

While i do agree this game keeps up thanks to mods the problem is that is working on blunt force and its incredible limited

Having a new master engine (dx11 / dx12) and no memory allocation issues will make possible for better and improved mods and improved performance

Why do you think many ppl have the same frames in the latest batman and skyrim when they are two games 6 years appart?

- The engine!

Personally if they were going to re-master something I would like it to be Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire in that order of priority.

I do not know them, but may be they are going for their "elite sale" product (i am guessing that was skyrim)

This.

I'm not happy or upset in any way.  I really hope their E3 is about future content, not past.  There was a rumor, long ago, that E3 would be presenting F04 DLCs even after Far Harbor.  If so, I'm happy with that.  Perhaps some surprise info on ES6.  Why not?  Plenty of companies show off teasers way in advance.

If not these two franchises which take care of them, something altogether new isn't bad either.  Only way I could see a remaster for Skyrim would be if they tried to take onto the next generation consoles which will probably be out after ES6.  Like Queen Bee said, why bother?

While i do agree this game keeps up thanks to mods the problem is that is working on blunt force and its incredible limited

Having a new master engine (dx11 / dx12) and no memory allocation issues will make possible for better and improved mods and improved performance

Why do you think many ppl have the same frames in the latest batman and skyrim when they are two games 6 years appart?

- The engine!

I have Skyrim since appearing on 11. 11. 2011 Daily in between 10 and 14 hours played.

but now the air is out, I have quite simple the snout full. a remake for a 5 year old game is the joke of the century.

Bethesda plays on time, so hold they their community of fans back.

it would be better to make a new TES, as old rubbish spice up.  :P

Personally if they were going to re-master something I would like it to be Arena, Daggerfall, or Battlespire in that order of priority.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/61890-the-elder-scrolls-vi/?p=1562998

Archived