Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

if at least they changed core things that mods usually dont edit like make the animations as fluid as fallout 4, all the "new features" you can get from a enb or texture pack lol... good thing beth is not mercenary and it will be free for those who already have the game

oh, and if they /force/ you to get the new version, you'll have to upgrade your (and mine) potato computers to play a game we were playing fine yesterday. there is a little hope against this though, since you only get the free upgrade if you own all dlc or legendary, that means they are leaving the old version in for the people who weren't loyal enough. so we may get to keep our existing installs.

and if they don't, there is a chance steam will white knight it.

do not get excited about this.

if they change anything in the papyrus engine, all mods will break.

dont forget, skse and f4se team is kinda MIA, and without skse i estimate ~70% of the mods that are possible now wont be after they free upgrade you.

i mean shit, fallout 4 has functions AddMod and RemoveMod but no HasMod. we were relying on the f4se team to add that.

skse, fnis, iirc fore is retired.

this is literally the worst thing possible for our community since they failed at paid modding.

Oh boy, they're going to get A LOT of hatred for this if its true.

oh, and if they /force/ you to get the new version, you'll have to upgrade your (and mine) potato computers to play a game we were playing fine yesterday.

Oh shit! I'm going to get this forced up my bum?! Great, just freaking great there goes the majority of mods. So many installs, so much bloodshed, so much hair torn off my scalp all for nothing but to repeat it all to get Skyrim modded once more. :'(

Looks like modders are about to get spammed with "Why haven't you updated this for Skyrim Remastered?" all over the place in addition to the usual "you're just an elitist who doesn't want consoles to have mods!"  I do not see a happy ending since most of the mainstream Skyrim modders have moved over to FO4, and a lot of them have pulled down their mods in protest.  Gotta give Bethesda credit for timing.

Honestly don't really see the point of it. I mean there is no way Bethesda can produce anything of worth that the modders haven't done already. Most people who are interested in Skyrim have a copy already and makeing any "enhanced" re-release with higher spec requirements useless, especially since theres 8k mods.

I think its just going to be something along the lines of the High texture pack, that no one ever really uses since they suck by comparison to anything on nexus and eat up way too much computing power to be worth it.

dont forget, skse and f4se team is kinda MIA, and without skse i estimate ~70% of the mods that are possible now wont be after they free upgrade you.

i mean shit, fallout 4 has functions AddMod and RemoveMod but no HasMod. we were relying on the f4se team to add that.

this is literally the worst thing possible for our community since they failed at paid modding.

oh, and if they /force/ you to get the new version, you'll have to upgrade your (and mine) potato computers to play a game we were playing fine yesterday.

Oh shit! I'm going to get this forced up my bum?! Great, just freaking great there goes the majority of mods. So many installs, so much bloodshed, so much hair torn off my scalp all for nothing but to repeat it all to get Skyrim modded once more. :'(

This is not being forced over our existing installs. According to Pete Hine's twitter: https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/742200753520050176, this will be a separate steam listing.

Fuck. This. Shit.

Seriously? That's all they can do? A Skyrim with in-built ENB plus no 64-bit and DX11 support?

Actually they must have 64 bit / DX11 support. Since they managed to update the game to be playable on current gen *64bit* consoles, they version we'll have should be 64bit as well.

I honestly think they won't touch the game code, they want maximum compatibility with the current roster of mods available on the nexus, if they did fuck up with the game code, they'll be breaking many AAA mods currently available, as a business, it must be something they thought about. HOWEVER, SKSE dependent mods WILL be broken, along with ENBs, patchers, HDT unless they get updated accordingly... I want a 64bit game... but I want my HDT more tbh, lol.

'IF they force you"

keyword 'IF'

Bethesda......Ummm, how bout you take the man hours used for this remaster, and somehow go back in time and re-quire all the man hours used on the TES online, and just work on TESVI.  You make a bazillion dollars, everyone gets a much awaited game, its a win-win.  The longer it takes, the more people fall off the band wagon.  I think if it wasn't for Skyrim modding, I would have moved on from TES long ago.  Most definitely after the TES-online disappointment.  You know what we all want, and we are just waiting to throw lots of  our money at you, and you keep dinking around with these useless projects instead. After reading darkconsole's reply, even if it is free, I am not touching the remaster.

Though skyrim being remastered to look like a mid-ranged modded game (more stability & 64-bit I guess?), the questions with everyone that mods the game and modders alike is wether if the remastered version will be compatible with all the current mods now, or do every single mod need to be redone or at least patched. Yep, I'll guess I might just stick with the default skyrim and wait to see if the remastered version is gonna be good or bad........... AND WHERE THE FUCK IS ELDER SCROLLS 6 BETHESDA, HAVE U RUN OUT OF IDEAS? (most probably since they gonna remaster skyrim -.- )

Am I the only person here that think that they simply updated the graphics engine, updated their 3rd party libraries to 64-bit versions, and left all of the internal game logic the same? It makes no sense for Bethesda to lock out 95% of the previous mods. A Skyrim re-release isn't going to produce some second renaissance of Skyrim mods. They have to leverage the existing mods. Not to mention, I doubt that they want to roll out a special version of the Creation Kit just for Skyrim: Special Edition and console mods. Waaay too much work for all parties.

Moving to DX11 and updating to a 64-bit EXE should only break SKSE, ENB, and SKSE plugins. Hopefully for SKSE and its plugins, that'll only take some small tweaks (retarget libraries / Windows APIs) and a recompile to fix. Updating Skyrim to use the full game engine from FO4 is way more work than I think Bethesda would really want to put into a 5 year old game. That would be similar to Skywind, Skyblivion, or Morroblivion. 

It's a free, optional update for most PC players. If you don't like it, don't use it. Even in the worst case scenario, no one is taking your current Skyrim away.

EDIT:

Somewhat of a confirmation from Pete that old mods will work.

it looks like its going to be a "new" game

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/742200753520050176

so all our existing installs and saves and mods are safe. but unless fore and skse come out of retirement, it will never get the same level of modding as current skyrim.

seriously cant they just go make the next elder not online scrolls already? they are just milking existing success for the new consoles. kinda like for fo4 they are going to require you have a pc licence via steam to upload xbox mods, meaning you have to buy the game twice if you want to mod xbox after that point.

It's a free, optional update for most PC players. If you don't like it, don't use it. Even in the worst case scenario, no one is taking your current Skyrim away.

Pretty much. I doubt there'll be a demand for mods for SKSPE. We can still use the old Skyrim, with all the support we already have, with better graphics. If they're updating the engine, which i'm sure they are considering it's going to have console mod support, a lot of the core mods for Skyrim will need to be 'updated'.

Hopefully Bethesda hasn't changed too much, non-core mod compatibility could be little to none, which if the case, expect SKSPE to have a very small mod selection.

Why spend time creating/updating core mods like SKSE for SKSPE, when we already have a better looking and well-modded Skyrim.

Pretty much. I doubt there'll be a demand for mods for SKSPE. We can still use the old Skyrim, with all the support we already have, with better graphics. If they're updating the engine, which i'm sure they are considering it's going to have console mod support, a lot of the core mods for Skyrim will need to be 'updated'.

Hopefully Bethesda hasn't changed too much, non-core mod compatibility could be little to none, which if the case, expect SKSPE to have a very small mod selection.

FYI, console mod support has nothing to do with the engine itself. I hacked regular PC mods onto the Xbox 360 version off Fallout 3 using a JTAG'd Xbox. Worked nearly identical to PC modding, just without FOSE. The limitation has never been the engine, but rather Microsoft and Sony not wanting user-generated content.

it looks like its going to be a "new" game

https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/742200753520050176

so all our existing installs and saves and mods are safe. but unless fore and skse come out of retirement, it will never get the same level of modding as current skyrim.

seriously cant they just go make the next elder not online scrolls already? they are just milking existing success for the new consoles. kinda like for fo4 they are going to require you have a pc licence via steam to upload xbox mods, meaning you have to buy the game twice if you want to mod xbox after that point.

They're apparently giving out the SKSPE free to those who currently have all the DLC or Legendary Edition, and why the shit haven't you bought all the DLC yet as a modder? Legendary Edition has been like $20 throughout Steam Sales. It's also going to be a separate listing in Steam. The entire License thing to upload console mods is a very nice change from what it was.

I don't see how this is so bad for modders.. basically anyone who mods Skyrim already knows they can get a better looking game than SKSPE will have, there's literally no reason to use SKSPE on PC. We'll always have access to our old Skyrim, our saves, our mod setups, etc..

Archived