Rumor: Skyrim remaster at E3 2016 !

nunu87

This is for real?

Dam...

Just think of all the major current mods but adult and non adult that will have to be redone from scratch, mods like maria eden v2 have any of you looked in the CK at that mod? There are a LOT of records there like thousand? All kinds of mods that would have to be redone from scratch and then the big one, USLEEP because they will have to just watch and play the game for months and months to find all the new bugs and see if the old bugs were fixed.

If this is true that a rehash is what they will be selling then it tells me they did not want to spend any money on making another game like TES6 or F5 or whatever. They made doom thats it now time to do quick refresh and rake in some small money enough to keep devs workin but nothing significant for a while. Probably playing it safe because next year and after that til 2020 is supposed to be worse and worse no matter who is elected anywhere in this world not just one country blah blah. Interest rates and zero percent for a long time will do that to anyone.

mod support for consoles now would be a complete waste of time and effort, there is only quantity nowadays not quality of mods and quite a good number of modders have called it quit they aren't modding skyrim anymore so who's gonna provide mods for consoles ? all thats left todays are boobs mods and more follower boobs mods. 

My guess is that bedesda doesn't want to abandon the idea to make mods buyable for real money. And thats why adding mods for consoles is a "good" way to follow this path. Im against the idea of course, but even if some modder say the opposite if the option to make money by doing mods is there, people will do mods for whatever support / game.

Only will be good if:

• They "remastered" the game using the FO4 engine (or improved the skyrim engine)
  • Added better animations (even PS2 games have better animations than what bethesda does)
  • Got rid of the POS papyrus or at least improved it speed
  • Fixed the bugs with the CK
  • Removed the plugin limit
  • Improved the Console (made it easier to search for things)
  • Had the decency to fix those bugs that the USKP team fixed
  • Made Skyrim 64bit and use more than 4gb RAM/VRAM
  • Added REAL Physics (Hair move, doesn't clip in the characters body, animations are affected by physics)

But everyone know that this is a delusion and they will not make any of this.
They will only release a 2014 version of the HD Texture Pack and say that they made a new game. Just take a look at FO4. Those hairs look like they're made of pasteboard. Can anyone believe this s***?

*shrugs*

If it's compatible with all the mods we have now and I can get it on sale for <$25 at some point, I might pick it up.  'til then I'm happy with what I've got.  Mostly, though, I want to see what improvements it offers over the original release before I decide for sure if I'll wait for a sale or just pass, to see if it includes anything worthwhile.

My bet is it won't be for PC and it'll stay on the 32-bit engine. It'll probably be more like a port to current gen consoles to bring the older console versions more up-to-spec with the existing PC version.

I honestly don't see Bethesda dedicating much investment into this. I see it more as an easy way for them to make more money on consoles with minimal effort.

Guest tempname123

Supposedly they already ported Skyrim to the Xbone to work on the engine or something for FO4. They already have a port so they may as well release it and throw in mod support for the consoles. I assume it'll be a separate team working on the remaster and not the same team working on TESVI so I doubt it'll impact the next TES game. 

Personally I would've preferred an Oblivion or Morrowind remaster, Skyrim is only 5 years old.

Remaster of Skyrim doesnt make as much sense to me as a remaster of Oblivion or Morrowind. Skyrim can be made to be very pretty with the right mods, whereas there is only so much you can do with the older ES games.

It's probably mostly to appeal to console gamers since they can't mod their games with epic mods. I, being a console gamer myself, don't have a problem with it. Consoles always get the short end of the stick when it comes to games that allow free expansions, retextures, etc.

mod support for consoles now would be a complete waste of time and effort, there is only quantity nowadays not quality of mods and quite a good number of modders have called it quit they aren't modding skyrim anymore so who's gonna provide mods for consoles ? all thats left todays are boobs mods and more follower boobs mods. 

My guess is that bedesda doesn't want to abandon the idea to make mods buyable for real money. And thats why adding mods for consoles is a "good" way to follow this path. Im against the idea of course, but even if some modder say the opposite if the option to make money by doing mods is there, people will do mods for whatever support / game.

yup this is exactly my fear.. they brought mods to consoles for this specific reason so that it opens a way for them to monetize mods at a later stage in some other game maybe those peasants will gladly pay for mods and look whats currently happening with F4 peasants are stealing mods.

pass, dont really see the point of buying skyrim again with a better engine, yeah its gonna be beautiful to the eye but all anyone is really gonna do is make better screenshots

now if it had some additions besides what we already have, lore wise, quest wise, or gameplay wise, hell yeah fking take my money.

otherwise, nah you already kinda scammed me with fallout4, new dlc is good but why isnt vanilla like that?

So what's the point of it? Mods have already achieved all this is supposed to do. We have better graphics, we have a lot of gameplay mods, we have weather mods and so on. I don't see any reason to buy this.

If true, then it's not for you. It's for console players. Skyrim is still hugely popular and one of their best selling games. Issuing a remaster will put it on (slightly) better hardware and allow them to hook BethesdaNet into it for mod support. Enjoy having all your Skyrim mods stolen and then breaking consoles because idiots download them without knowing all the other extra shit you need to run them (like HDT, SKSE, CBBE/UNP, FINS, etc).

Ultimately, I think Bethesda is looking at the long game of paid modding. Injecting paid modding into the PC community was a disaster, but there's none of that negative backlash from console users who are just hungry for content. They figure they can get a few prolific modders over, fuck the rest, and cultivate a new crop of modders who are more open to the idea of having an actual paying market for their product. They don't seem to be willing to do much to foster a good relationship with their modders, so the potential is there for them to just steamroll the community and repave it for future development.

Remaster, remaster, remaster,

this generation of game are pathetic. if the console players want mods, they have has a buy one PC.

Fucking consoles.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remaster, remaster, remaster,

Cette génération de jeux et pathétique. Si les consoleux veulent des mods, ils n'ont qu'a acheter un PC.

Consoles de merde.

So what's the point of it? Mods have already achieved all this is supposed to do. We have better graphics, we have a lot of gameplay mods, we have weather mods and so on. I don't see any reason to buy this.

If true, then it's not for you. It's for console players. Skyrim is still hugely popular and one of their best selling games. Issuing a remaster will put it on (slightly) better hardware and allow them to hook BethesdaNet into it for mod support. Enjoy having all your Skyrim mods stolen and then breaking consoles because idiots download them without knowing all the other extra shit you need to run them (like HDT, SKSE, CBBE/UNP, FINS, etc).

Ultimately, I think Bethesda is looking at the long game of paid modding. Injecting paid modding into the PC community was a disaster, but there's none of that negative backlash from console users who are just hungry for content. They figure they can get a few prolific modders over, fuck the rest, and cultivate a new crop of modders who are more open to the idea of having an actual paying market for their product. They don't seem to be willing to do much to foster a good relationship with their modders, so the potential is there for them to just steamroll the community and repave it for future development.

If that's what going to happen, then Bethesda will either get hated or still loved. Bethesda will become very similar to one of those publishers which sell their games with missing content which ends up as DLCs. But instead of cutting something out and selling it as DLCs, Bethesda would let the modders do work for them. Bethesda would simply get money for allowing the mod to exist, nothing else. They would pretty much get money for doing nothing.

And that's the point where the people could start hating them for doing it. Bethesda having something similar like all those DLCs that some other games have.

But I'm not sure how this will end. Look at Sims 3. There are many DLCs and even an ingame shop and still it's a well-known game with a lot of players who don't even use any mods or DLCs. The Sims series is popular but still known for having tons of (sometimes really unnecessary) DLCs. Will Bethesda end up like that? I hope not.

I just hope that paid modding will be stopped. Remembering how much those paid mods for Skyrim costed, I imagine it to be much cheaper to simply buy a computer with Fallout 4 and use free mods instead of paid mods. Besides that, what happens if someone buys a mod which doesn't work at all simply because the mod author did something wrong? Or what happens if you find out that you don't like a certain mod at all because it doesn't fit your game? I don't think that there will be any refunds. You buy it, you have it, no matter if you like it or not. And what happens if a mod gets deleted? Can you keep it and, more importantly, will you get your money back?

I simply hope that the current mod problems will go away and that paid mods will stay a dead thing. I don't care if console mods will stay or get removed, but they need to have at least some better rules.

Im sure Bethesda will just add some mods from nexusmods into this remastered version and that's it...

so the console players can play Skyrim again with the new graphic.

Bethesda your time is coming! dont waste your time!

1994 The Elder Scrolls: Arena

1996 The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall

2002 The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

2006 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

2011 The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Avarage time for the new TES is 5 years... Thats mean 2016! Where's TES VI ?

I know, I know... TESO but come on... we want that amazing RPG Single Player!

Great, like we need another rehashed Skyrim with the same shitty engine. Pass, I'll just enjoy my old Skyrim and wait for an actual proper TES release.

I agree.

I really can't imagine that they rly get rid of all the annoying stuff and problems  and rebuild it from scratch...

Bethesda will become very similar to one of those publishers which sell their games with missing content which ends up as DLCs.

And that's the point where the people could start hating them for doing it. Bethesda having something similar like all those DLCs that some other games have.

But I'm not sure how this will end. Look at Sims 3. There are many DLCs and even an ingame shop and still it's a well-known game with a lot of players who don't even use any mods or DLCs. The Sims series is popular but still known for having tons of (sometimes really unnecessary) DLCs. Will Bethesda end up like that? I hope not.

I dunno, I'd say they're already well along that path. Look at Wasteland Workshop, and the likely 2-3 WW expansions coming if the gamefiles are to be trusted. Within a week of the game's launch, even without proper tools, people were already putting out substantial settlement building expansion mods. It couldn't have been too hard for Bethesda to dedicate handful of people to the task of filling up the workshop with tons of assets. Yet they, apparently purposefully, gave players next to no content for settlement building for the sake of selling it to them later as DLC. One could even say this is worse than cut content to be sold later, since the content is already in the game - they just decreed that you can't play with it until they say so and you pay the toll.

If they cut any content, it was unique settlements with their own diverse populations, quest lines, lore, and local flavor - in favor of empty sandboxes in which to build your own hollow generic settlements with nameless inconsequential settlers. They traded Arefu, the Republic of Dave, Primm, and Novac - and for what? For Minecraft. An incomplete Minecraft that you have to continually keep paying for to get access to all the pieces.

Im sure Bethesda will just add some mods from nexusmods into this remastered version and that's it...

2014 The Elder Scrolls online

so next elder scrolls game is some 2 years away from now. 2018-2019

its always the publisher that decides when the game will release so bethesda softworks would not want another elder scrolls now it would hurt ESO badly specially when ESO is still rolling out new contents.

2014 The Elder Scrolls online

so next elder scrolls game is some 2 years away from now. 2018-2019

its always the publisher that decides when the game will release so bethesda softworks would not want another elder scrolls now it would hurt ESO badly specially when ESO is still rolling out new contents.

you forget a VERY VERY SMALL POINT!!!

The Elder Scrolls Online is not from Bethesda, it was by ZeniMax developed.

after the TESO flopped, were 300 employees dismissed by ZeniMax!  ;)

So the rumor says Skyrim with console mod support. 

That means new and improved CK. Or maybe using the FO4CK for Skyrim also(problematic in some areas).

This is a good news as the FOCK is way faster and stable than the old Skyrim CK.

It is safe to assume that the current Skyrim mods will not be compatible (just like they are not compatible with FO4). But it is also safe to assume that the mods for the remastered Skyrim will be compatible with FO4. That would be a huge boost for the FO4 modding. This can be a bad or a good news depending on if you hate or like FO4 :-)

Guest endgameaddiction

Funny because I could of sworn Betehsda stated that the Creation Engine was going to be for one more game which is Fallout 4. So it's a rehash of the Creation Engine. Amazing... Oh! but they'll probably lie and say it's a brand new engine when it's another byro engine with more fins attached to it.

Bethewda, Bethesda never changes.

Archived