[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

Well ... that's 50%. UAP has been deleted and replaced with Patch for animation 9.5. According to this, something is still problematic ...

--------------------

Nos... ez 50%-kos. UAP törölve és a helyébe a Patch for animation 9.5 lett téve. Eszerint, valami még mindig problémás...

Spoiler

00.JPG.7f688d63ca500862615f4edab1a6e789.JPG

321022785_Fallout42021-07-2019-14-08-12.jpg.2fea59da860ca9ff0f28085144a93133.jpg

17 hours ago, kukoricamorzsa said:

Then ... now which one to put second the UAPv2.6.26 or AnimationsAddonsAndFixes9.5 application?

You are aware you're asking this in the help thread for the Fallout 4 Creation Kit, right? Hence the [FO4 CK] in the topic (see the first post for an explanation). You might get more responses asking in an appropriate mod support thread instead.

Hello everyone, I have a bit of an issue that I could really use some help with. It would seem that I either require a mod that I'm unsure of where to find it, or maybe something didn't go right during the vortex installation. The text shown only goes away when I have a firearm pulled out, and seems to pop up when examining walls, chairs, and other furniture. Any suggestions are greatly welcome as I would like to play this game without a wall of text in my way lol.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/673178178642116608/867913438318460958/IMG_20210722_193720.jpg

Edited by ThogShoggoth
27 minutes ago, ThogShoggoth said:

I just realized that I may be in the wrong thread, my apologies.

You are, but if it helps, it looks like when you installed AAF you checked the checkbox in its FOMOD installer menu to turn on debug logging to the screen, I think that's on the last or maybe second-to-last page of options. Reinstall AAF and don't enable that this time.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

You are, but if it helps, it looks like when you installed AAF you checked the checkbox in its FOMOD installer menu to turn on debug logging to the screen, I think that's on the last or maybe second-to-last page of options. Reinstall AAF and don't enable that this time.

You should also be able to go into the Plug-In list and uncheck the debug plugin - it gets listed as a separate line from AAF (at least it does in NMM - I can turn it on and off whenever I choose)

On 7/22/2021 at 1:37 AM, vaultbait said:

mod support thread

Well ... my search engine doesn't give mod mod support. That's why for me that, no.

On the start page I see such cannot be read and therefore ... I don't have one.

Because the closest it is to any case  so here I write the problems. Trouble? Too bad.

Then I'll create a thread .... where mod tech support can run.

----------------

Nos... az én keresőm nem ad olyat, hogy mod support. Ezért nekem olyan, nincs. 

Az én általam látható induló oldalon ilyen nem olvasható és ezért... nekem nincs.

Mivel a legközelebb ez áll bármiféle esethez, ezért ide írom a gondokat. Baj? Kár.

***  majd adminisztrátorként építek egy olyan szálat... ahol a "mód technikai támogatás" futhat és érdemileg senkinek sem szúrja a szemét!

1356833352_Fallout42021-07-2220-54-25-46.jpg.0f93131e50e49951e03c4df8e470ee8f.jpg

10 hours ago, kukoricamorzsa said:

Well ... my search engine doesn't give mod mod support. That's why for me that, no.

On the start page I see such cannot be read and therefore ... I don't have one.

Because the closest it is to any case  so here I write the problems. Trouble? Too bad.

Then I'll create a thread .... where mod tech support can run.

You were asking questions about UAP and Animation Add-Ons and Fixes, so I was suggesting you ask in their respective support topics. Every mod with a download page on LL has an associated support topic in the forum accessed from the Get Support button immediately below the Download This File button.

I've just downloaded FO4 CK and seem to be having a slight problem with textures not showing. For example, in the attached screenie the floor just shows as a black square and is a flat green if highlighted. I see that the game textures are archived so does all the texture ba2's need to be unpacked?

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.f4eb5a11235f0dda20b7f4f1dfec65fd.jpg

Ignore, I'm a dumb arse. The lights needed to be toggled on

I'll leave this here in case anyone else has the same problem

Edited by Slorm
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Carabosse said:

Where can I find the full list of official form type abbreviations for Fallout 4? I've only managed to find partial or F3 lists so far.

For example QUST for quests, SPEL for spells and so on. 

You can look up abbreviations directly in the CK. 
Select *All in the Object window (At the bottom of the tree) and then filter for some form(s) you are interested in.
The result list will contain a column (Form Type) with the corresponding abbreviation.

Spoiler

image.png.6ac73a69c7968988bcbe56fecf73537b.png

53 minutes ago, Akor said:

You can look up abbreviations directly in the CK. 
Select *All in the Object window (At the bottom of the tree) and then filter for some form(s) you are interested in.
The result list will contain a column (Form Type) with the corresponding abbreviation.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.6ac73a69c7968988bcbe56fecf73537b.png

Perfect, thank you!

(can't believe I missed that)

Is it possible to add a keyword to a  furniture, via script? 

Like: 

Scriptname _NR_BlockActivation extends ObjectReference Const

Workbench.AddKeyword(BlockPlayerActivation)

Furniture Property Workbench Auto Const
Keyword Property BlockPlayerActivation Auto Const

This does not compile. I want to block the use of a furniture.

Neither this.

Scriptname _testtest extends ObjectReference Const

WorkBenchArmorA.BlockActivation()

Furniture Property WorkbenchArmorA Auto Const

Edited by JB.
12 hours ago, JB. said:

Is it possible to add a keyword to a  furniture, via script? 

Like: 

Scriptname _NR_BlockActivation extends ObjectReference Const

Workbench.AddKeyword(BlockPlayerActivation)

Furniture Property Workbench Auto Const
Keyword Property BlockPlayerActivation Auto Const

This does not compile. I want to block the use of a furniture.

Neither this.

Scriptname _testtest extends ObjectReference Const

WorkBenchArmorA.BlockActivation()

Furniture Property WorkbenchArmorA Auto Const

AddKeywordToForm

You can find it in

but looks like it will affect all furniture of this type,  not single reference placed somewhere

Edited by Indarello
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 3:35 PM, gammons123 said:

Apologies if this has been answered before but I didn't see.

does anyone know if there a limit/recommended limit to script length for a quest script in terms of characters/lines?

Thanks!

I don't think so (someone will pop up to say but ah no! technically!). I asked the question myself when I was first making Skyrim LE mods years ago and I was writing scripts in the ck editor. That had a definite character limit, I'm not sure if that limit carried over to SE or Fallout 4 because I'd moved to using external editors at that point.

Only use the built in CK editor for fragments etc, anything very short. Otherwise write them in an external editor. I use MS code, with an extension it has code completion and all of that. And use the script manager to compile them (or the integrated features with your chosen external editor). Script manager is the simplest and it has the use info function which is beyond helpful.

For reference in Fallout 4, I think Bethesda's biggest script by line is CompanionAffinityEventQuestScript, which is 14615 lines.

HC_ManagerScript is 3364 and is probably the most active script in the base game.

My own personal record was a 5554 line script in Zodiac.

5 hours ago, Carabosse said:

I don't think so (someone will pop up to say but ah no! technically!). I asked the question myself when I was first making Skyrim LE mods years ago and I was writing scripts in the ck editor. That had a definite character limit, I'm not sure if that limit carried over to SE or Fallout 4 because I'd moved to using external editors at that point.

Only use the built in CK editor for fragments etc, anything very short. Otherwise write them in an external editor. I use MS code, with an extension it has code completion and all of that. And use the script manager to compile them (or the integrated features with your chosen external editor). Script manager is the simplest and it has the use info function which is beyond helpful.

For reference in Fallout 4, I think Bethesda's biggest script by line is CompanionAffinityEventQuestScript, which is 14615 lines.

HC_ManagerScript is 3364 and is probably the most active script in the base game.

My own personal record was a 5554 line script in Zodiac.

Thanks, great answer, very clear!

Ok, I'm really confused about skin usage. As far as I see there's a skin-selecting process in the Looksmenu. I got Looksmenu and customisation compendium, using cbbe for convenience (and with the right tweak via bodyslide it's bearable).

I just Downloaded a tattoo pack from Here. It works fine, but installs itself as my default skin in the looksmenu. So now I'm looking for more of those to fit with proper overlays...finding overlays is eazy, finding those is not. English and a new game (to me) to mod, what the hell is it actually categorized as what I'm looking for? What do I search specifically? Or: how do I find what I'm looking for and not a bunch of bodyslide and character presets? I can't seem to find any, but surely those must be around... or I have the choice pf playing looking like a synth or covered in ink...both have their uses (hence me installing them), but currently kill mental immersion. The yource, "Kala's Tattoo Shop" calls them "Skin overrides", but looking for that turns only up...that one mod. ..

520198d2c5fd57c81dfa2a5e066fb032.jpgAAAAGHHHH!

Edit: got it. Anyone else having such an odd old Problem - look here:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1608?tab=files

Looks great, works with every bullshit I can find and so on. :)

Edited by Cornoholio
10 hours ago, Cornoholio said:

Ok, I'm really confused about skin usage.

Just to be clear, this is the topic for questions about using the Fallout 4 Creation Kit (FO4 CK) to make mods, it's not a general help thread on using mods, and so you're unlikely to get much help with that in this thread.

On 9/11/2021 at 1:55 AM, vaultbait said:

Just to be clear, this is the topic for questions about using the Fallout 4 Creation Kit (FO4 CK) to make mods, it's not a general help thread on using mods, and so you're unlikely to get much help with that in this thread.

Aah, I was just looking for some general thread. Ck - creation kit - got it. Whatever that is. kthxbye.

Edit 2: deleted the rant, hehe

Anyone got a simple fucking way to re-pack a BSA archive the same way the Bethesda Archive Extractor unpacks them? CK is absolute overkill.

[/rant]

Edited by Cornoholio
creation kit is a clusterfuck
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, FO4Life said:

MOD ORGANIZER v2.4.2

Hey, re-installed game and mods yesterday and while every mod functions now "perfectly" I keep getting issues... I re-installed EVERYTHING the same EXCEPT I finally updated MO2 from v2.1 to v2.4.2

The latest bug is that I sometimes can no longer jump. I found that v2.4.2 wasn't loading some mods correctly... I reinstalled these mods once (or more) and they all work now. 

Is MO2 v2.4.2 known for issues or is it just me?

What does any of that have to do with using the Fallout 4 Creation Kit (what this help thread is about)?

• 4 weeks later...

I want to keep a log of any actor the player talks to, even outside my own quests and dialogues. I'm having a bit of trouble finding an event I can put on the player or a player reference that would pick that up and at the same time, allow grabbing the actor value of the speaker.

Does any one know a way to do this?

3 hours ago, Carabosse said:

I want to keep a log of any actor the player talks to, even outside my own quests and dialogues. I'm having a bit of trouble finding an event I can put on the player or a player reference that would pick that up and at the same time, allow grabbing the actor value of the speaker.

Off top of my head, use RegisterForMenuOpenCloseEvent("DialogueMenu") to trap when the player talks to an NPC.  Then, in the OnMenuOpenCloseEvent handler, use PlayerRef.GetDialogueTarget() to find the NPC the player is talking to.

18 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Off top of my head, use RegisterForMenuOpenCloseEvent("DialogueMenu") to trap when the player talks to an NPC.  Then, in the OnMenuOpenCloseEvent handler, use PlayerRef.GetDialogueTarget() to find the NPC the player is talking to.

Thanks! This does exactly what I wanted.