[FO4 CK] General Help Thread

7 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Open it in xEdit and you can see exactly what he changed. Since there's no scripts, he's using modified vanilla assets, like the molerat disease..

Yes, I did that already.  It makes finding everything much easier.  He did use three scripts from the base game.  One of them, PA_StealthScript, is how he was triggering the diseases, but I still have not figured out how he triggered the penalties for the most severe effects of dehydration (no using stimpacks or AP restore items) and starvation (no fast travel).  I think the starvation penalty (no fast travel) might just be a result of a constant health drain.  

I am also puzzled by his use of the NukaColaBottleCapAdderSCRIPT to add books (perk magazines) to the player's inventory.  The script is intended for adding one miscellaneous object (usually a bottle cap) but somehow the guy got the script to add books.  I don't know how he did that and I am not sure why he didn't just edit the script for books.  It took me two minutes to compile a new version for that purpose.

It's a new day with a new CK problem.  Maybe someone here has solved it before.

I am trying to overwrite the activate button text for a furniture item that is also a container.  It shows two activate buttons in game:  A: Enter and X: Transfer.  I want to overwrite the A: Enter so that it will be A: Feed.  I tried entering the text in CK for the furniture object and when that didn't work, I tried to script a solution using the command:

furnitureRef.SetActivateTextOverride(EatMessage)

EatMessage is a message in my ESP that has the word "Feed" in the title as well as in the message text. 

It is defined in my script as:

Message Property EatMessage Auto

and I filled the script properties in CK for this furniture object, but this scripting method didn't work either.  

Can anyone tell me where I went wrong?

**  South Boston military checkpoint

This is a crucial issue.

If you know the answer don't spare him!

What is the radio frequency code of the announcer?

I thought it would be time to put on a radio ... but unfortunately I can't find that particular transmitter code that would replace that raging guy voice ...

The game started to crash when saving the nature modifier is the weather modifier ... mode after great work, but a return to the previous save neither case is fully functional since the game ... haywire...?

**  dél-bostoni katonai ellenőrzőpont

Ez egy sarkalatos kérdés.

Ha tudod a választ ne kímélj meg tőle!

Mi a hangosbemondó rádiófrekvenciás kódja? 

Gondoltam, ideje lenne egy rádiót rátenni... de sajnos azt a bizonyos adó kódot nem találom ami azt az őrjöngő pasi hangot lecserélné...

Olyan sok dolgot változtattak... ennek a dolgát vajon miért nem tette senki?

A játék kezdett összeomlani a mentéskor az olyan remek munkák után, mint a természetmódosító az időjárás módosítója  ... de a visszatérés a korábbi mentéshez esete sem teljesen működő mivel a játék .... megkergült ...?!

I use a method to track what the player is wearing at various times and then subsequently un-equip and re-equip them. It works fine unless those clothing or armour items were given to the player via the console, or I guess, by mods where they are added directly to the player via papyrus command. If the item that was given to the player via papyrus or console is dropped and then picked back up (ie. it at some point exists within the world, is assigned a reference ID?), it will then be able to be tracked inside the players inventory, like a 'normal' item. Items created at a workbench work fine, without existing in the world at any point. As do items that existed in the world before the player ever interacted with them.

It reminds me a little of a problem I had in Bestial Essence where the work around when giving the player a bottle of animal semen (don't ask) was to drop it on the floor at the player, prior to moving it to the players inventory. The reason why I had to do that currently escapes me though,

What's happening here. Where or how is the information stored that the console added items are lacking until they exist at some point as an object within the world. Is it possible to detect items stored within a container that lack this information? I mean I can think of a way but its not pretty.

I've been playing around with rideable bots and SnapIntoInteraction. It works fine the first time, and then things get weird. I wonder if anyone can help me understand why.

Basically, I have a test cell with three miniature Handy bots following one another in a circular patrol.

Spoiler

If I activate that button in the foreground, then then a helpless Janey Warwick clone gets stripped naked and mounted on the a co-pilot slot I added to the handy model

Spoiler

The game plan here is that I get rid of the Handy and replace it with something a bit more interesting. I have a different animation for the riding pose and I'm planning a sort of glowy force field thing. I'm guessing you can all see where I'm going with this this.

Anyway. Ig you press the button again, June Warwick gets teleported in to join her daughter on the next bot in the chain. Press it again and Anne Hargreaves gets pulled in. And this is where it gets odd.

Spoiler

As far as I can tell, the girls get moved to the right point above the bots (or above where the bots where when the button is pushed. They just don't move. And odder still, they don't get stripped. (The weird angle is intentional,  sort of).

This is the function that does the mount-and-strip operation:

Spoiler

function assign_girl(actor g, actor h)
        string name = g.GetDisplayName()
;
;       do the snap
;
        debug.trace("snapping " + name + " to " + h)
        g.SnapIntoInteraction(h)
        utility.wait(0.2)
;
;       take her clothes off
;
        debug.trace("stripping " + name)
        g.unequipall()
;
;       give it a tick to settle
;
        utility.wait(0.2)
        debug.trace("done with " + name)
endfunction

We don't really need the final wait - that was from when I was assigning them in quick succession in case this was a timing issue. But it's not, because now they assign on separate button presses with whole seconds between them, so any potential race conditions should be cleared up well beforehand.

Anyway, this is the log file

Spoiler

[04/03/2021 - 10:29:45AM] snapping Janey Warwick to [Actor < (08004CB3)>]
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:45AM] stripping Janey Warwick
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:45AM] done with Janey Warwick
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:46AM] snapping June Warwick to [Actor < (0801E79C)>]
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:47AM] stripping June Warwick
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:47AM] done with June Warwick
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:48AM] snapping Anne Hargraves to [Actor < (0801E79D)>]
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:49AM] stripping Anne Hargraves
[04/03/2021 - 10:29:49AM] done with Anne Hargraves

As you can see, the girls are all being called, they're being assigned to different bots, and they'll all being stripped - except it's not happening.

Weird, right?

[edit]

But if I stop the bots' patrol package first, and then assign copilots, the strip-naked part works. Still only the first girl actually moves with her bot though...

On 3/31/2021 at 3:17 AM, Carabosse said:

It reminds me a little of a problem I had in Bestial Essence where the work around when giving the player a bottle of animal semen (don't ask) was to drop it on the floor at the player, prior to moving it to the players inventory. The reason why I had to do that currently escapes me though,

I seem to recall reading a note in the CK wiki to the effect that this would happen.  No hint as to why, or how to work around it. It may just be an engine limitation.

It would go a long way to explain why with things like the Courier quests in Skyrim, they create the note on the ground somewhere and then move it to the Courier's inventory. I always wondered about that.

Anyone tried using SetRestrained with furniture? It stops your captives from wandering off for lunch breaks whenever you're out of town, but it means they don't respond when you try and reassign them.

Anyone found an entry point where I can remove the restraint? I can probably add a perk with an entry point to remove the restraint status, but I'd like something more seamless.

• 1 month later...

I have DLed quite a few mods from here, some have a perm spot in my LO as a result.

But, today is different; I wanted to upload a Preset of mine that is presently on nexus to here... but have not the foggiest where / how or how many Gnomes I gotta grope to get that done.

*Post Edit*: Here's the link. https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/51741?tab=images&BH=1

see pic for quik reff

Booby Yaga 2.jpg

Edited by Aleksi
adding the link to afore mentioned character preset that I forgot earlier
4 hours ago, Aleksi said:

I have DLed quite a few mods from here, some have a perm spot in my LO as a result.

But, today is different; I wanted to upload a Preset of mine that is presently on nexus to here... but have not the foggiest where / how or how many Gnomes I gotta grope to get that done.

see pic for quik reff

console SLM 14

Save looksmenu preset will create a .json file to upload here. Path is \F4SE\plugins\F4EE\Presets

Will need to list links to all mods used to make character appear as pictured. (face skin texture, makeup used, eyebrows, eyes, head mesh edits, etc. etc)

Body type and bodyslide if desired.

54 minutes ago, Aleksi said:

I was more asking if there was a specific location Here to post em, or just to post em on my page here

Probably non adult mods section it's just a preset anyway.

• 1 month later...

Hi...

It would be nice if someone would be able to help with an idea. Since I have read the page in question and did not find anything useful,

Maybe an experience is worth more.

LOOT - the source of trouble. For me, it hasn't done anything since ... update 15.

So useless.

How to get him to work?

The question is: which file are you reading?

What should you see that you don’t see and that is verifiable?

There was a problem when something knocked out the contents of the ... AppData \ Local \ Fallout4 \ directory and deleted all backups stored in it.

Now the order is wrong. The game crashes and there are also problems (missing or multiple textures)...

The game can't be restarted ... because the baby can't get out of the basement. The screen stays black ... it only runs with official accessories and everything is off.

I thought this might help with a maybe sequence ... but it doesn't work either.

902163405_.JPG.668827e70563b5f311302fd1411b71fd.JPG

------------------------------------------------

Üdv...

Jó lenne, ha képes volna segíteni valaki egy ötlettel. Mivel elolvastam a kérdéses oldalt és nem találtam semmi érdemben hasznost,

Talán egy tapasztalat többet ér. 

LOOT - a bajok forrása. Nekem, semmit nem csinál a... 15-ös frissítés óta.

Tehát haszontalan. 

Hogyan lehet rávenni a fordítottra?

A kérdés: melyik fájlt olvassa?

Mit kellene látnia amit nem lát és hogy ellenőrizhető? 

Volt egy probléma, amikor valami kiütötte a ...AppData\Local\Fallout4\  könyvtár tartalmat és minden abban tárolt mentést is törölt.

Most a sorrend... hibás. A játék leomlik és problémák is vannak (hiányzó textúrák).

A játék nem indítható ismét... mivel a pincéből nem tud kijönni a baba. A képernyő fekete marad... összeomlik a csak hivatalos kiegészítőkkel és minden + kikapcsolva. 

1 hour ago, kukoricamorzsa said:

LOOT - the source of trouble. For me, it hasn't done anything since ... update 15.

So useless.

How to get him to work?

The error message in your image says that LOOT cannot find the folder where Fallout 4 is installed.  LOOT looks for the Fallout 4 installation folder in the Windows Registry.  Try running the game from Steam instead of using the F4SE loader.  That may update the registry setting and allow LOOT to find the game.

If that does not fix it, you may have to edit the game path manually in the LOOT settings.  Open LOOT, click the three dots in the upper right, open "Settings", then click on Fallout 4.  Paste the correct path to your Fallout 4 installation the "Install Path Registry Key" field:

image.png

19 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

Install Path Registry Key

I have already tried these based on the description ...

thanks for the answer ... i did. nothing. identically empty ...

One thing, however, is happening. When the perks table is called up, the game immediately crashes.

---------------

Ezekkel a leírás alapján már próbálkoztam... üres. Semmit sem csinál.

Egy dolog viszont történik. A jutalomtábla előhívásakor a játék azonnal összeomlik.

7 minutes ago, kukoricamorzsa said:

When the perks table is called up, the game immediately crashes.

That will happen if you have UI mods and AAF installed.  They both use HUD and cause it to run out of memory.  Install Buffout 4 and it will prevent that crash.

Buffout was added ... then down since the game crashed at the beginning.

An idea came up and LOOT was added to the main folder of the game. And ... he set off ... I never would have thought.

------------

Felkerült a Buffout... aztán le mivel a játék az elején összeomlott.

Közbe jött egy ötlet és a LOOT bekerült a játék főmappába. És... elindult... soha nem hittem volna.

I can't believe it .. I succeeded!

I found of fhe good. It seems that a bargain is also necessary... or not.

Intruder! Don't damage the furniture, I shot it in the head outside. 

1322636597_Fallout42021-07-0611-35-13-44.jpg.940cf4dc3f25f12c5f38503f6ad3b39b.jpg

Még félszáz indítás sem kellett csak a szerencse, hogy ismét rátaláljak a jó betöltési sorrendre. Hihetetlen, de most (...) minden rész funkcionál... némelyik még túl jól is. 

Eszembe jutott, ebben a világban bármi megtörténhet. És tényleg... Egy betolakodó a saját birtokomon háborgat és követel. Vajon ez a dolog hányszor fog visszatérni?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi... Anyone know a program that shows which programs are present in a particular backup?  

---------------

Üdv

Bárki tud olyan programot amelyik megmutatja egy adott mentésben melyik programok vannak jelen?

Volt egy súlyos üzemzavar... és úgy tűnik, rengeteg a sérült dolog. A fő gond, hogy több dolog törlődött a... biztosító mentés viszont csak részleges anyagokat adott vissza.

2055710510_Fallout42021-07-1801-27-22-47.jpg.c62bf305049eb8199265ca7fc5e18f20.jpg

Why exactly a mutant frost? Why don't the others freeze?  :dissapointed_relieved::rage:

The mutants freeze. Somewhere better, somewhere just ... somewhat. The head flies away and the ... "body" is motionless or the whole body is motionless.

They can't be cut up lately ... there's no point of collision.

Certainly, a great deal of essential intelligence has been written in many places ...

However, what I read did not solve the problem.

The little add-on doesn't seem to be ... I put it everywhere. After the anime and the end of the loads ... but nothing changed. Or maybe ... sometimes in a minus direction.

Ever since the new system is ... it's all just bad and very uncomfortably annoying!

The biggest question ... which anime package has the bug? I want to lock it out of my game forever and --- the roughest because of its usability --- delete it forever with the programs that want to use it ... waiting! To put it mildly, I was a little tired of it!

There are certainly connections ... I missed this and that ... but the thing was there and the problem seems to be an inherited effect.

I don't know ... for others, isn't this a problem? Resignation? I have been suffering from this problem for quite some time now and the last moment has come ...

I spent days changing programs and making changes but the problem remained ... Why shouldn't I be angry?

-----------------

A mutánsok fagynak. Hol jobban, hol csak ... némileg. A feje az elszáll és a... "test" meg mozdulatlan vagy az egész test mozdulatlan.

Újabban már felvágni sem lehet őket... nincs ütközési pont.  

Minden bizonnyal sokfelé esszenciális okosságokat írtak hatalmas mennyiségben...

Azonban amiket olvastam nem oldotta meg a gondot. 

A kis programkiegészítő mintha nem is lenne... tettem mindenhova. Az anime után és a terhelések végére... de semmi sem változott. Vagy talán... néha mínusz irányba.

Amióta az új rendszer van... ez az egész csak rossz és nagyon kényelmetlenül idegesítő!

A legnagyobb kérdés... melyik anime csomagban van a hiba? Azt örökre kiakarom  zárni a játékomból és --- a használhatatlansága miatt a legdurvábban --- örökre kitörölni azokkal a programokkal, amik annak a használatát akarják... várják! Enyhén szólva kissé elegem volt belőle! Miért pont a mutáns fagy? Miért nem fagy a többi?

Minden bizonnyal vannak összefüggések... kihagytam ezt és azt... de a dolog fennállt és a probléma örökölt hatásnak tűnik.

Nem tudom... másoknak ez a dolog nem probléma? Beletörődés? Most már eléggé régóta szenvedek ezzel a gonddal és eljött az utolsó utáni pillanat... 

Napokat töltöttem a programok cseréjével és módosításokkal de a gond maradt... Miért ne legyek dühös? // Ó... tudom.  Mivel ez... ingyen van...? //

És a robotok...

Hát ... ez szintén csak egy fölösleges munka volt. Többnyire kikapcsolt állapotúak és amelyik üzemel az is eléggé érdemtelen. Az anime teljesen rossz... ezt is kiveszem.

720927238_Fallout42021-07-1222-22-39-37.jpg.2b954fada6e4672adf98accc3f241c4d.jpg

3 hours ago, kukoricamorzsa said:

The mutants freeze. Somewhere better, somewhere just ... somewhat. The head flies away and the ... "body" is motionless or the whole body is motionless.

They can't be cut up lately ... there's no point of collision.

It is caused by the Super Mutant skeleton in UAP or AAF Creature Resources (same skeleton is in both mods).  Both mods have an option not to install that skeleton.

quick question about MCM

is there a way to display a Global Variable. (that I want to be read-only)

I had a brief look at the MCM demo and couldn't find anything

one of the latest changes to Family Planning Enhanced Redux is a Pregnancy Limit.

and I want to easily display two bits of information without changing it

FPFP_Global_Current_Births

FPFP_Global_Current_Births_Player

The actor falls off the moving meshes at the border of the regions. I want to make flying / floating platforms to quickly move around the map, but for some reason, when loading locations, the moving meshes disappear for a second, the actor falls and after a moment the meshes reappear, continuing to fly / swim without the actor. I do not know the reason for this phenomenon, but I want to get around it somehow. Perhaps this is due to the precombination meshes and the boundaries of such precombination areas? Is it possible to fix the situation by disabling precombinations, and how to disable them?

4 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

UAP vagy az AAF Creature Resources

Thank's...

There is UAP ... there is no other. (After all, it’s just because of my laziness... I did not download.) Then you need something else to replace the UAP.  In any case, this ... now, I'll delete it.

Either way, this is an ugly point for the maker. I simply find it impossible for a major to be able to fix this! The biggest fall ... no older version available! Amazing...

One or rather two years there has been nothing wrong with these vegetables yet, Since then the development ... fall !?

------------

Köszönet... 

UAP van... másik nincs. (végtére is csak a lustaságom miatt nincs mivel nem töltöttem le) Akkor valami más kell az UAP helyére. Mindenesetre ezt... most, letörlöm. Akárhogyan is ez a készítőnek egy csúnya pont. Egyszerűen képtelenségnek tartom, hogy valami szakos ne lenne ezt képes kijavítani! A legnagyobb hullás... nincs elérhető régebbi változat! Elképesztő...

Egy vagy inkább két éve még semmi baja nem volt ezeknek a zöldségeknek, Azóta a fejlődés... hullás!?

50 minutes ago, kukoricamorzsa said:

There is UAP ... there is no other. (After all, it’s just because of my laziness... I did not download.) Then you need something else to replace the UAP.  In any case, this ... now, I'll delete it.

Either way, this is an ugly point for the maker. I simply find it impossible for a major to be able to fix this! The biggest fall ... no older version available! Amazing...

You don't have to completely delete UAP.

The UAP installer has two options for Super Mutants.  The "Required" option gives them a body that works with the normal skeleton.  The "Extended" option gives them a new skeleton.  This new skeleton allows better animation of the penis, but causes them to sometimes freeze on death.  So, just reinstall UAP and select only the "Required" option for mutants.