Tiefling

View File
T I E F L I N G   v3
A game playstyle overhaul
Can you beat Skyrim ...
...without using normal weapons or armor?

... without your health regenerating?
... while being "Kill on Sight" to almost everyone?

Download links (files too large for LL server)
Tiefling SE v3

Tiefling LE v3

Changes from version 2

• can play any standard or custom race (although Khajiit and Argonian are not recommended for visual considerations)
  • available on both SE and LE
  • you will be KOS everywhere when in full Tiefling appearance
  • Thalmor and Vigilants may still detect you when glamoured
  • stay glamoured or morphed indefinately if you want (no glamour sickness or stamina drain)
  • can use clothing, armour and weapons when morphed into full human form
  • can now fight using some limited daedric abilities when glamoured
  • more dragon skin coverage choices (full or half cover)
  • can remove KOS status in one hold if you become Thane
  • can remove KOS status to Orcs, Dawnguard, Imperials, and Stormcloaks by gaining their trust through specific quests
  • Mara's and Molag's path choice is now at the Temple of Decision, instead of Morvarth's Lair.

Back story

• Molag Bal is your father. So you are half daedric, half Human or Elven (depending on your Racemenu choices).
  • Mara has negotiated a way for you to escape Molag's clutches. Find seven of her Boons and the wrist and neck chains will be removed.
  • Molag wants to keep you for himself. He has placed "Temptations" throughout Skyrim. Collect those and you'll stay subjugated to him.
  • You start the game in your "Morphed" state (you look human/elven). Shortly, Molag Bal will catch up with you and you'll revert to your usual daedric appearance. (The Tiefling mod should handle most "Alternate Start" mods, so exactly when you morph back to your daedric appearance is dependent on that)

So, how does it make playing the game different?
You have three forms you can change into:

• 1 - Full Tiefling: this allows you all your daedric abilites to fight and defend yourself, but you'll be KOS almost everywhere.
    • Can't use normal weapons. You have Daedric pulse for ranged attack, and Claws for melee.
    • Can't wear any armor. Your skin hardens (daedraflesh) when you extend your claws, & you can emit a shield/ward for extra protection
  • 2 - Glamoured: cast a glamour on yourself so that others won't attack you. 
    • without your horns & tail you have no attack or defensive capabilities, but are safe to enter towns. 
    • if in danger you can toggle your tail back into view to gain some limited daedric abilities (claws, pulse and ward/shield), however you will be recognised as a corrupt daedra by Vigilants of Stendar & Thalmor, so if they are present you will be attacked.
  • 3 - Morphed: morphing into a human form means you are completely safe in towns 
    • you'll be able to buy and sell at better prices. 
    • you can also wear clothing and armor, and use standard weapons. 
    • however, you won't have any of your daedric abilities or bonus movement speed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Regeneration: you have a larger pool of health, magicka, and stamina, but it only regenerates once per day. If you choose ...
    • ... Mara, then you'll receive a lesser power called "Prayer". Use it once per day to fully regenerate.
    • ... Molag Bal, then you'll receive a lesser power called "Oblivion Teleport". Travel there once per day to regenerate at his Altar. But,  you are trapped in Oblivion for 24 hours (presumably for his pleasure) before you can teleport back out. (each Temptation you find reduces the time you have to wait in Oblivion by 1 hour)
  • No Weapons: Molag Bal has forbidden you to use anything other than your daedric abilities of ...
    • ... 'Claws' - either single handed or both. 'Dragon Claw' does most damage, but 'Venom Claw' can soul trap.
    • ... 'Corruption Pulses', one works on the living, the other on Undead. Corruption is fatal but may take time for the enemy to die
    • ... you can also create some "area of effect" blasts using either trapped souls or some of your own health.
    • ... 'Scent Spray'. Everybody who smells the scent will become frenzied or frightened. (Be careful not to use it with friends around)
  • No Armor: Your father has also stopped you wearing armor except in your weak human form. When in Tiefling form you'll have to use ...
    • ... Daedraflesh - your skin gets automatically hardened by daedric energy whenever you unsheath either of your Claws 
    • ... Daedric Shield - a fairly substantial force field can be generated by your left hand that helps protect you against physical and magic damage. Claws and Pulses can be used in your right hand while generating the shield with your left.
  • Stealth: your attack damage is fairly ordinary when fighting, but ...
    • ... you receive a large bonus to attack damage whilst sneaking
    • ... you'll get unlimited use invisibility once you have found either: 1x Temptation or 2x Boons
    • ... sneaking while daedraflesh is active (claws unsheathed) will also raise your stealth by 30 points
  • Temple of Decision: You have a lesser power called "Temple Teleport". Teleporting here allows you to ... 
    • ... choose to follow either Mara or Molag Bal by touching either the 'Blood Shrine' or the Statue
    • ... choose between 7 different colours of dragonskin and tail
    • ... change whether the dragonskin entirely covers your body, or just  a half coverage
    • ... choose between 12 different horn styles
    • ... swap between red or black wrist and neck chain colours
    • ... change 'hotkey' assignments
    • ... adjust the cost of a 'gamesave' or turn off that feature
    • ... adjust game time speed between 8x to 20x times. (set to 8x by default)
    • ... toggle combat damage bleedout on/off
    • ... see the picture of the Temple (in image section) to help you locate the various activation stones
  • Summon Servant: Mara has granted you some help. You have a lesser power that allows you to call a servant to ...
    • ... stop any combat bleedout you may have sustained in a fight
    • ... remove any arrows, bolts, or ice shards from you and your followers. (Arrows stay permanent unless you get them removed)
    • ... allow you to swap inventory items for safe keeping, if he's summoned when you're not injured
  • KOS Status: When you're in full Tiefling appearance, you'll be "Kill on Sight" almost everywhere, but ...
    • ... you can enter a town by either, casting a Glamour on yourself, or completely Morphing to human appearance
    • ... if you become Thane, then your KOS status will be revoked in that particular hold (still KOS elsewhere)
    • ... if you become Thane in a second hold, then you will immediately become KOS again in the first hold.
    • ... certain completed quests will allow you to stop being KOS to Orcs, Dawnguard, Imperials and Stormcloaks (no, I'm not telling which quests, lol)
  • Tail Twitch: You have a lesser power called "Tail Twitch" which will ...
    • ... realign your tail if it gets stuck out of shape
    • ... toggle your tail (visible/invisible) if you are Glamoured ('tail visible' gives you some daedric abilities)
    • ... notify you of which horns and tail style you have fitted
    • ... notify you of how full your 'Scent Bladder' is. (Your scent spray can only be used if the bladder is 100% full)
    • ... what Hold you are currently in and your KOS status to them. Plus, status with Orcs, Dawnguard, Stormcloaks, & Imperials

Adult Play Option

• Regen by Sex: Using a couple of sex mods can give you an alternate way of regenerating Tiefling's health, stamina and magicka...
    • ... this will allow you to top up your health, magicka and stamina whenever you find a "willing" partner
    • ... for SE: install SexLab, SexLab Triggers, and a mod that lets you ask for sex (eg. SL Eager NPCs, Amorous Adventures, SL Survival, etc.)
    • ... in-game, go into Trigger's MCM and edit "Slot 1" to the following settings:
      • ... in On Event select Orgasm, or Orgasm SLSO if you are also using the SLSO mod 
      • ... in Chance select 100%
      • ... in Command 1 select Heal (+100.json). You could do the same for Command 2 & 3, if you want quicker regen
    • ... for LE: install Sexlab, Sexlab UtilOne, & a mod that lets you ask for sex (eg. SL Eager NPCs, Amorous Adventures, SL Survival, etc.)
    • ... in-game, go into the SexLab UtilOne MCM and edit the following settings:
      • ... select the On Orgasm tab
      • ... change Effect to Heal (+100)
      • ... in Chance select 100%
      • ... in Options select 1 Sec/Once/Instant. Or select 10 sec if you want quicker regen (3x 100)

Pre-Requisites

• Slavetats (make sure you download the correct version as both the LE file and SE file are in the list)
  • LE users only
    • if your Tiefling doesn't get head skin coverage, then ...
    • ... find SKSE\Plugins\nioverride.ini
    • ... if bEnableFaceOverlays=0 , then change it to bEnableFaceOverlays=1
    • ... if you don't have nioverride then download it from here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37481

Installation

• Basic mod manager installation
  • Load order - Tiefling overhauls many aspects of the game so it is best to have it very close to the bottom of your mod list

Compatibility

• Should work with all main "Alternate Start" mods ("Live Another Life", "Realms of Lorkhan", "Unbound", "Alternate Perspective", & "Dimes Quickstart" )
  • It may have "issues" with any other mods that try to control Health, Stamina, or Magicka regeneration. For example ...
    • ... I turn off health and stamina debuffs in Wildcat's MCM
    • ... I turn off the 'Misogyny' health debuffs in SL Survival's MCM

Feedback
Please advise me if you experience any glitches with Tiefling. The development team (me) has spent about a hundred hours playtesting this upgrade to v3, but there are so many changes its impossible to have experienced every combination of events. Please try and be nice and constructive with the criticisms, lol

Book of Tiefling
For more detail on what the Tiefling mod does, please download the "Book of Tiefling".

Credits
The following people have had input into this mod over the years of its development. They have either contributed assets or invaluable assistance and my thanks is deep and genuine.

• gatti for Gatti 14 Yumiko Suits for CBBEv3
  • jacques00 for HDT Dragon Tails (extreme grovelling)
  • Nightshade for TDN Equipable Horns
  • humannature66 for HN66s Mage nails
  • Arrythmia91 and MurdermiesteR for Throwing Dart
  • Taliesin Ward for Unarmed Sounds and Animations for Vampires
  • HydrogensaysHDT for HDT Physics Extensions
  • Scrivener07 for level up scripting
  • Eyeonus for Acquisitive Soul Gems and scripting assistance
  • Bethesda for making a modifiable world and the beastly Creation Kit
  • and a host of other people who created mods that are not incorporated into this Tiefling mod, but I investigated their work and learned from their implementations and ingenuity.
  • (PS: If you think I have inadvertently missed an obvious credit please advise so I can amend the list with copious apologies)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/08/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
    See description for pre-requistite mods
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

Tiefling Version 1.6.7

- Two new spells powered by captured souls within Tiefling's womb.

* Black soul powers a limited radius AOE blast that kills all living creatures within 50ft. Does not effect undead.

* White soul (only available to Mara's path) powers a large radius (200ft) shockwave that Turns Undead, Daedra, Vampires, etc. Turning lasts for 30 seconds

- Melee damage bleedout was not registering more than one hit. Now fixed

If you are upgrading from a previous version make sure you go to the Temple of Decision and activate the 'Upgrade Stone'. Because some spells are handed out only at game start you won't get them automatically if you're using an existing savegame. So the Upgrade Stone will give you any spells you are missing. Obviously, if it does nothing, then you are up to date, lol.

Getting Womb Blast to work

(If you are starting a new character with version 1.6.7, then there is no problem and you can stop reading this notice.)

I have had to make changes to the Black Womb item in order to make the spell work correctly. So if you have upgraded to 1.6.7 with an existing character she will have the old womb. If you see the name as

Womb - Black - Empty (Grand)

then the Womb Blast spell will not work. It will only work with

Womb - Black - Filled (Grand)

To fix this you need to use the Grand soul for something else (not the blast). For example, try recharging your venom claws with the Black Womb. Then you should see the name as

'Womb - Black - Empty

Next time you capture a black soul the name should appear correctly and the blast will work as intended. Just to be clear, to make the blast work you need to have

in your inventory.

Getting Womb Shock to work

The Womb Shock spell only works if there is a white Grand soul in Tief's womb. So your inventory needs to have an item in it that looks like this:

Womb - White - Filled (Grand)

If you capture any other white soul (petty, common, etc.) inside her womb then the Womb Shock spell will not work. So be careful what souls you capture inside the White Womb. There is a list of what creatures give grand white souls on this webpage http://elderscrolls....ul_Gem_(Skyrim)

It's becoming hard to keep up with you, thanks for all the work :)

One question: are the chances to find a mara's boon lower than finding a temptation ?

I found 6 temptations before my first boon, it was really... tempting.

After testing the womb blast, it doesn't seem to work as intended: it doesn't use the soul in the black womb, and it doesn't kill anyone.... But Tief get detected by everyone nearby.

Didn't get the chance to test the white one though...

It's becoming hard to keep up with you, thanks for all the work :)

One question: are the chances to find a mara's boon lower than finding a temptation ?

I found 6 temptations before my first boon, it was really... tempting.

After testing the womb blast, it doesn't seem to work as intended: it doesn't use the soul in the black womb, and it doesn't kill anyone.... But Tief get detected by everyone nearby.

Didn't get the chance to test the white one though...

It is 50% easier to find a tempting Temptation than a Mara's Boon. However, I started a character a couple of days ago and decided to go along Molag's path and have found no Temptations at all, but discovered 4 Boons. So, its all random chance.

I have had to make changes to the Black Womb item in order to make the spell work correctly. So if you have upgraded to 1.6.7 with an existing character she will have the old womb (that sounds really funny, lol). If you see the name as

Womb - Black - Empty (Grand)

then the Womb Blast spell will not work. It will only work with

To fix this you need to use the Grand soul for something else (not the blast). For example, try recharging your venom claws with the Black Womb. Then you should see the name as

'Womb - Black - Empty

Next time you capture a black soul the name should appear correctly and the blast will work as intended. Just to be clear, to make the blast work you need to have

in your inventory.

Sorry about all the messing around. Hope that helps.

Cheers,

dePog

PS. The Womb Shock spell only works if there is a Grand soul in Tief's womb

Womb - White - Filled (Grand)

If you capture any other white soul (petty, common, etc.) inside her womb then the Womb Shock spell will not work. So be careful what souls you capture inside the White Womb. There is a list of what creatures give grand souls on this webpage

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Gem_%28Skyrim%29

Been a while since I've been able to play much.  My Dragon Claws are draining their magic after very few hits after some of the updates- did you post an update solution to this that was lost with the other forum?

Heh, might want to handle followers somehow when teleporting to the Temple of Decision.  They seem to be running off to find the place when you teleport- they make it back to you, eventually, in my experience.

Been a while since I've been able to play much.  My Dragon Claws are draining their magic after very few hits after some of the updates- did you post an update solution to this that was lost with the other forum?

Heh, might want to handle followers somehow when teleporting to the Temple of Decision.  They seem to be running off to find the place when you teleport- they make it back to you, eventually, in my experience.

Yes, I have noticed they were draining quicker, but not sure why. I have now scripted them to fully recharge whenever you equip them, but that may not work on existing savegames. Have you tried the Claw Reset stone in the Temple of Decision. Also try the Upgrade stone to make sure you have the latest spells. But the Claw reset stone will refit new claws to Tief when you run low on charge.

However, the only thing that the charge empowers is extra damage to dragons, so if you're fighting any other creature the uncharged claws are just as good.

Followers running off? Hmmmm.... they usually teleport to the Temple with Tief in my games. I will investigate.

You always come up with tricky problems, lol.

Cheers,

dePog

I hit the upgrade stone for the womb but I missed the Claw sharpening stone last night.  I was thinking you made it a single stone.  The claws weren't originally recharging when requiping them but started after my last post- after reloading the game I'm guessing.

On another note about the claws.  What's the reason for the right claw being at least twice as fast as the left claw?  I noticed this back at 1.6.1 and it's still true in 1.6.7.

I hit the upgrade stone for the womb but I missed the Claw sharpening stone last night.  I was thinking you made it a single stone.  The claws weren't originally recharging when requiping them but started after my last post- after reloading the game I'm guessing.

On another note about the claws.  What's the reason for the right claw being at least twice as fast as the left claw?  I noticed this back at 1.6.1 and it's still true in 1.6.7.

I don't see any difference in attack speed between left and right. Do you have any mods running that give bonuses via perks to left or right attacks?

I don't see any difference in attack speed between left and right. Do you have any mods running that give bonuses via perks to left or right attacks?

Only thing I'm aware of I'm using that does is perk overhaul Ordinator.  And the only thing I'm using in it that I was hoping was affecting it was a dual wield speed perk.  However I'm fairly certain I experienced the speed difference before I even had ANY perks.  It's not like it's a huge problem I just thought it was awkward.  Especially since apparently I preferred to use my left hand till I noticed the insane speed difference.

Only thing I'm aware of I'm using that does is perk overhaul Ordinator.  And the only thing I'm using in it that I was hoping was affecting it was a dual wield speed perk.  However I'm fairly certain I experienced the speed difference before I even had ANY perks.  It's not like it's a huge problem I just thought it was awkward.  Especially since apparently I preferred to use my left hand till I noticed the insane speed difference.

Hmm....... its going to be hard for me to fix if i can't get my Tiefling to replicate the problem. Does it only occur on one claw type or both Venom and Dragon?

I might have found a problem with 1.6.7 UNP version. 

I started a new game and I found that the Black Womb was empty, yet had something in it as you had described for an upgrade. I was able to clear it by charging the claws. I was able to fill it with a convenient Bandit successfully however when I again tried to charge the claws I immediately CTD.

The venom claws also are not filling regular soul gems.

At least that's how it is working in my game.  :D

Hmm....... its going to be hard for me to fix if i can't get my Tiefling to replicate the problem. Does it only occur on one claw type or both Venom and Dragon?

Confirmed I'm getting the speed differences with both claw types and without any perks- also with no claws equipped my hand swings are similar.  Speed difference is 2-2.5 times faster for right claw- these are rapid attacks not power attacks.  I'm honestly not too worried about it and if nobody else is getting it even less so.  Not like you can do simultaneous rapid attacks with both hands without them affecting one another anyway...right? (paranoia sets in)

Well, on this topic, i noticed that it was like the claw was equiped only on the right hand.

No enchant on the left hand, far less damages (barely make a dent at a regular bandit on normal with 3 boons - right hand is instakill), but still good for sneak attacks.

That may be the cause of it ?

Well, on this topic, i noticed that it was like the claw was equiped only on the right hand.

No enchant on the left hand, far less damages (barely make a dent at a regular bandit on normal with 3 boons - right hand is instakill), but still good for sneak attacks.

That may be the cause of it ?

Confirmed I'm getting the speed differences with both claw types and without any perks- also with no claws equipped my hand swings are similar.  Speed difference is 2-2.5 times faster for right claw- these are rapid attacks not power attacks.  I'm honestly not too worried about it and if nobody else is getting it even less so.  Not like you can do simultaneous rapid attacks with both hands without them affecting one another anyway...right? (paranoia sets in)

OK, I will investigate further and see if I can replicate the problem. (nothing worse than left handed paranoia)  :)

Cheers,

dePog

A good looking mod but I can't use it because when I have it installed all of my characters have the horns and tails. And when I morph to human form, I don't see how to change back.

If you want to play a non-Tiefling character just untick the Tiefling mod in your load order before starting the game. You don't have to un-install it, just untick it.

The same spell that you used to appear human will change you back to Tiefling.

So, there is a conflict with Improved Dragon Shouts (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14353/?), can be fixed by having Tiefeling lower in the mod order. Guess that goes for any mod changing Unrelenting Force.

By the way, LOOT puts it very high....

Yes, Tiefling is a game overhaul mod and needs to be as close to the bottom of your load order as possible. Ignore LOOT.

Is QuickStart3_NoHelmet.esp necessary?  Or the .esp's for the required mods?  I was just noticing it looks like your final step before uploading it is to merge.

I have tried running it without the Quickstart esp, but my game just hangs at startup if I do. In order to use resources from other mods I have to merge them into Tiefling to gain access.

I was asking because I run at or close to the mod limit.  I deactivated all esp's from requirements and Quickstart3_NoHelmet and I didn't have problems.  Other than maybe it caused my horns to be missing- though that might have been from something else.  I'll investigate further.  Ok so maybe I should look into that chain physics...