• 2 weeks later...

@Maddac

Can you test this version to see if those approaches with heavily bound player are properly stopped early?

Deviously Enslaved Continued(v13.23.0 Testing).7z

On 8/27/2019 at 2:46 AM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

recently DDI and DDX were both updated with new items. there are 2 collars that, if possible, maybe you could add as unique collars, those are the bell collar and bone collar.

I can look into it

8 hours ago, Maddac said:

just finished work, will have a play and let you know

ok so i had a play with the test version and i was not approached by npc's for sex by this mod, but I was by FOTD so I uninstalled it and played without FOTD and no NPC's approached me for sex with the combination of items from DCL. I am also running DDI/DDE4.3 now.

Good news, you have managed to block npc's asking for sex with the combination of DD i was wearing from DCL8.3 LAL captured princess start quest. I will have a bit more of a play with regular DD's in similar combo and see if they work as well.

happy to have assisted as a test guinea pig.

@Verstort

i was reading on laura's bondage shop mod's support page and saw that there was a person who had a sex approach, while wearing the locked away quest belt. the npc was able to remove the belt. i do know that a quest is running when the belt is worn. does DEC check to see if a belt is worn during when an approach is being setup? if it does is there a check to see if it is tied to a quest or not?

i would also like to mention that a follower can remove the slave belt (DCL) with a regular key, while the player has to find several high security keys to unlock it. im not sure where i should post the possible bug. but the line that is use is, come here i found this key for your belt.... which i would assume is meant for regular belt removal am guessing that the script checks both the player and the followers inventory for a chastity key.

11 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

@Verstort

i was reading on laura's bondage shop mod's support page and saw that there was a person who had a sex approach, while wearing the locked away quest belt. the npc was able to remove the belt. i do know that a quest is running when the belt is worn. does DEC check to see if a belt is worn during when an approach is being setup? if it does is there a check to see if it is tied to a quest or not?

i would also like to mention that a follower can remove the slave belt (DCL) with a regular key, while the player has to find several high security keys to unlock it. im not sure where i should post the possible bug. but the line that is use is, come here i found this key for your belt.... which i would assume is meant for regular belt removal am guessing that the script checks both the player and the followers inventory for a chastity key.

I admit I didn't test every item when I set up the function to check what key was required to remove any item.

I assumed, because some items I tested did, that all special items that needed special key situations (quest not key, and mutiple keys) would return NONE when asked "what key is required to open this device", but it is possible some devices return incorrect keys or just the one type of key that is needed in plural... hope I don't have to make special code for items like that...

Off my head, there is an option in the MCM to allow (default off) for DEC to remove DCL items that have a blocking keyword but are in DCL's special list of items that are safe to remove... and I thought I added some MCM option that was a bit dangerous recently, like allowing devices with quest tags to be removeable if the key is found... You can turn that off in the mean time (if I'm remembering correctly, cannot check now).

Edit: Laura's belt has no key, DEC should not open it, unless there's a different bug I haven't found yet.

Edit2: DCL slave belt has no key either... hmm, maybe there part of DEC's code that ignores keys still.

Edit3: Got it, screwed up, fixing.

Hmm.. one minor bug remains, DCUR slave belt counts as a belt that only requires one body restraints key.. Was hoping I wouldn't have to detect multi-key items by hand, but that's the only bug left...

On 8/23/2018 at 12:19 PM, Verstort said:

In the past, if I had no interest in making content for this mod I still had energy to fix bugs, but I haven't had energy or interest in that for over a month now.

A month? That's just a regular holiday. Not even a long one. I haven't done anything apart from "real work", play Skyrim and read books for a month, but I guess the difference is that I intend to do something as soon as I can stop procrastinating. Currently too tired from real work to write code at home, but that will pass once the current crunch period is over.

If it's just bug fixes. I can probably do it. If you're really fed up of DEC and there isn't somebody with serious time to devote to it who wants the job. I'm not sure about new features. I have other priorities right now ... but DEC would definitely fit in with my larger plans ... and I think I have ways to get some performance improvements ... done a bunch of work on worn item issues for SLD and SLAX.

I wouldn't be surprised if Monoman would also do it, as he already patches *everything*.

On 9/9/2019 at 1:51 AM, Lupine00 said:

A month? That's just a regular holiday. Not even a long one. I haven't done anything apart from "real work", play Skyrim and read books for a month, but I guess the difference is that I intend to do something as soon as I can stop procrastinating.

That post was over a year ago, Let me rewrite for clarity.

During the last year I have added no real features or content to DEC, only some compatibility and bug fixing. Before the post was written, there was not one but close to a dozen months when no new content was added to DEC, only bug fixes and compatibility.

I have a hard time finding any real energy to make content for this mod. Dialogue, new items, new quests, new follower interactions, all of it is out of my interest zone and has been for awhile. At that specific post time I had no interest in fixing bugs, which was my clue that I was out of steam and I should offer it up to someone else before I disappear entirely and couldn't offer help anymore. Better to shop for a headstone before the funeral, they say.

(also I wanted to spend more time on projects that wouldn't be taboo to put on a resume)

7 hours ago, Verstort said:

During the last year I have added no real features or content to DEC, only some compatibility and bug fixing. Before the post was written, there was not one but close to a dozen months when no new content was added to DEC, only bug fixes and compatibility.

Is there a bug list or wish list?

For me, it's just "weird performance issues that have made me disable DEC on several occasions", also configuration options in the MCM.

From a usability standpoint, being able to have more controls around who can assault and when assaults happen.

The performance thing seems related to DCL solicitation. Don't know if I can fix it, but I haven't tried yet.

From a new features position, having some built-in enslavement capability seems like something DEC could use, even if it was fairly basic. There hasn't been a genuine new slavery mod in a long time and SS is a terrible gateway that mostly does dumb stuff when it's not doing completely broken stuff.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Is there a bug list or wish list?

There is a file called dec_plans.txt in the base dir, which is a disorganized catch-all, where I store ideas/plans/bugs for the mod. Most of it is old and possibly out of date, where the only new content being added to the todo list (ascending order), containing quick idea write downs and bugs found. The file was made by me for me, so it might be hard for others to read.

For me, it's just "weird performance issues that have made me disable DEC on several occasions", ...

The performance thing seems related to DCL solicitation. Don't know if I can fix it, but I haven't tried yet.

Not sure what this means, do you mean you get framerate drops when DCUR solicitation is active? I haven't used that feature in a long time since DEC's NPC approach is basically the same but with dialogue instead of weird sudden strip+sex.

also configuration options in the MCM.

From a usability standpoint, being able to have more controls around who can assault and when assaults happen.

I'm all for it, but it seems DEC's MCM has already reached a tipping point where there are more users complaining about the MCM being "daunting" or "bloated" than limiting, I prefer more options to fewer so totally fine with adding more.

From a new features position, having some built-in enslavement capability seems like something DEC could use, even if it was fairly basic. There hasn't been a genuine new slavery mod in a long time and SS is a terrible gateway that mostly does dumb stuff when it's not doing completely broken stuff.

A large undertaking, might be bigger than you are expecting, but no issues here.

16 hours ago, Verstort said:

I'm all for it, but it seems DEC's MCM has already reached a tipping point where there are more users complaining about the MCM being "daunting" or "bloated" than limiting, I prefer more options to fewer so totally fine with adding more.

Redesign can fix most of that I think. I was able to remove menus from SLA(R) and add functionality.

A large undertaking, might be bigger than you are expecting, but no issues here.

I'm not underestimating it, that's for sure. See some posts I made on SLS forum, trying to get leads on what people are interested in. I started a slavery mod before, but it got stopped because SLD took priority. Any work along those lines would be a long term project, with small incremental feature delivery.

do you mean you get framerate drops when DCUR solicitation is active?

Absolutely horrendous drops, when DCL and DEC are together in one game. I may have some other mod in there that's catalysing it.

But I can use HH(R) and SL Approach together with DCL and it's fine, even though they are not lightweight mods.

As is, without DEC, I can sometimes detect a small drop as I draw close to NPCs, and then it goes away as I move away from them.

Normally, I get 60, so I'm quite sensitised to drops.

However, with DEC, there is a permanent, accumulating drop after each DCL solicitation sex event. After a few DCL solicits, my game is a slide-show. If I don't use DCL solicitation, it doesn't happen and DEC can work fine. It only happens with DEC in together with DCL.

Presumably, many people have DEC and use DCL solicitation and don't get this. It's not my ENB, I get it without any ENB at all.

I get it with almost no mods installed except the culprits.

There is a file called dec_plans.txt

Ah yes, I remember that now. It's massive.

This one caught my eye...

"^- gah, he actually did insert assmebler into the esp, fucking hell I'm not messing with that"

Is that relating to ME?

Was that in the main ESP, or an add-on?

What sort of resource was used to hold it?

Or are you describing Papyrus VM code rather than x86?

I guess CD support is no longer a thing ... :( 

Observations on how Papyrus has no optimisation whatsoever ... agrees with research by others I believe ... much more was written by the Caprica author I think?
Oddly, nobody seems to use Caprica, despite assertions that its actually more correct than Beth's compiler.

Amazing how much follower code there is, but I never seemed to notice any of it when I played with DEC installed.

28 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Absolutely horrendous drops, when DCL and DEC are together in one game

Can confirm that on my setups.

DCL causes a lot of strain to the game with the "rape" feature alone.

I have DEC running in a crowed game and it doesn't slows my setup down, even if I think about how many things DEC is doing/checking all the time.

Odd issue here, because never had that issue with DEC before:

DEC is not able to find any SLanimations to play, if PC is wearing straitjacket.

All Animation filters are offline (ZAZ, DDi, SLF, DCL)

This is happening during DH bondage playtime.

I remember this:

"Added: Devious helpers restraints game detection "

Could that be the cause?

Here the console feedback:

Spoiler

52447402_enb2019_09_1813_51_25_29.jpg.fc8a425e8c26cff3e904a8e649920b5f.jpg

DEC makes a force greet => SL scene should start => no animation, but SL animation gets registered as successful finished (DEC rolls for items, Rape tattoos get added)

I made a counter test 01 and started a SLanimation with TDF-P => worked without issue

I made a counter test 02 with other restrains outside the DH bondage game => DEC works without issue, means find animations a lot

Also that means that newest DEC version can't detect the running DH bondage game?

> DEC starts approaches for sex

> DEC starts enslavement on PC

Alternative: I also have DFW+S 3.02 alpha installed and that might has an effect on DEC.

A DFW+S scene is not running in that situation, also DEC would go into idle if DFW+S quests are running

(tested already, if DFWS leash game or furniture game is running DEC will stop all checks)

In Addition: DFW-S MCM was broken at that moment again >.<

I will try this next LO without DFW+S installed

Spoiler

1812917351_enb2019_09_1814_07_13_20.jpg.cb9aa7f9ea3f91715e78a1d83e457b47.jpg

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

This one caught my eye...

"^- gah, he actually did insert assmebler into the esp, fucking hell I'm not messing with that"

Is that relating to ME?

Was that in the main ESP, or an add-on?

What sort of resource was used to hold it?

Or are you describing Papyrus VM code rather than x86?

Oh that, I was talking about the mod Better Stealing.

I wanted DEC to catch pickpocket and stealing attempts and lead to devious after effects. This proved to be harder than it looks because the vanilla event that fires that we could detect when the player gets caught has a ridiculously massive lag, close to 20 seconds. No way I could make an immersive catch to lead to something more interesting.

But wait... Better Stealing doesn't have this issue, what did he do to get around it? He injected code into Skyrim.esm to catch the event himself.

Verstort PM:

I'm having trouble reading your Better Stealing source code.

I want to add functionality to a mod that would catch pickpocket/theft and override the original crime system in place under certain circumstances. I can't seem to do this in skyrim with papyrus because OnStoryCrimeGold() takes so long to go off that the player will have gotten arrested and put in jail before it goes off.

I'm not sure I'm reading this right, are you completely overriding the original asm in the skyrim.esm in main.cpp? If so, me writing my own short SKSE plugin would just conflict with your mod wouldn't it, or am I misreading your code?

If it wouldn't conflict with your mod, can you point me at some resources to help understand your code?

meh231 reply:

Yes, my mod changes the .exe assembly code. I'm not sure how you can learn it, probably google "reverse engineering" or something.

It would conflict if you change the exe at same addresses.

Also it sounds like you want to do something a little bit different, my mod doesn't overwrite the default system, it only listens to see if player was caught stealing or not, if not caught then after the stealing is done it removes the stolen flag from items.

Better stealing is too popular to create a conflict of that scale, and that much work was trouble.

I guess CD support is no longer a thing ... :(

Holy fuck. I missed that it was removed.

Well, I'm not removing CD compatibility just yet, there are still users who have it installed and consider it playable enough, and removing the compatibility code is more work than leaving it in, not much extra code needs to run on a machine without CDx installed.

Observations on how Papyrus has no optimisation whatsoever ... agrees with research by others I believe ... much more was written by the Caprica author I think?
Oddly, nobody seems to use Caprica, despite assertions that its actually more correct than Beth's compiler.

Amazing how much follower code there is, but I never seemed to notice any of it when I played with DEC installed.

I didn't know someone attempted to make a better papyrus compiler, does it actually work for skyrim or just FO4?

If by "So much code" you mean so many dialogue fragments, it's because my install is borked and I cannot attach a previously made script to a dialogue (in CK), and therefor cannot group multiple fragments into one file and cannot reuse fragments. It's ugly, I know, but last time I tried to fix my skyrim install it took me 12 hours and I ended up reverting in failure. If I don't have the energy to play the game I really don't want to waste so much time trying to do something not technically necessary.

15 hours ago, Verstort said:

I didn't know someone attempted to make a better papyrus compiler, does it actually work for skyrim or just FO4?

If by "So much code" you mean so many dialogue fragments,

It claims to work for Skyrim and FO4, IIRC.

The Better Stealing guy is a class act "google reverse engineering or something" ... thanks for the help!

A nice way to say I'm not sharing my work with you...

I don't know if there's anything in SKSE that would help. Might be worth a look.

Sometimes surprising what SKSE doesn't do though.

i know its been a while, but i have a few suggestions for the follower interactions. some sliders such as one where the follower is more prone to approach for sex and one where the follower is more prone to approach for bondage.

i think this would allow us, the player, to chose how each follower will interact with the player, either binding them, or having sex with them.

On 9/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, shadowwolf2k7 said:

i know its been a while, but i have a few suggestions for the follower interactions. some sliders such as one where the follower is more prone to approach for sex and one where the follower is more prone to approach for bondage.

i think this would allow us, the player, to chose how each follower will interact with the player, either binding them, or having sex with them.

Hmm.. There are two sliders, but they are chance per check, both are rolled if both are available.

I could add such a slider, so that only one is ever checked per slider, sure.