Sexlab Position Selector By Nen - Control Yourself

Came back to endorse after testing it last night, works like a charm, as advertised mod its simple, and that's awesome, can easily ask lover for say Anal and swap to Oral to cum on her mouth. Hell its great ask for some kind of sex and just swap to another kind of positions or even to kiss animations.

The only bad thing for me about the mod ( more like an inconvinience... ) its the trigger key being U, there is very few keys left unused from A to Z ( at least for me ), can you change it or make it possible to change it ?

I'll be checking this mod out for updates :lol:

I like the idea, hopefully you can rebind the keys in the future, though.

And hopefully those "Future Plans" are for separate mods. This mod should be fine sticking out on its own without other stuff people might not like.

Yep definitely optional, my next step immediately is to add the changes Ashal himself directed me to, and then start on MCM config. Any features added I want to be optional and as compatible with other mods as possible, always taking ideas, hints, code examples etc. And wouldn't be offended in the slightest if someone takes upon themselves to add some features or rework it with all the options and compatibility it deserves. I just wanted to draw attention to this idea even if I had to make my own crude version of it.

Neat and simple idea, a couple scripting suggestions though.

Also doing SexLab.HookController("0") means the mod will only ever work if the player is the first active sexlab scene.

Thank you again for the help Ashal, My issue Sir, is I Just didn't know what argument should I use instead of 0, I was mainly clinging to examples, this is my second ever Skyrim code and although very simple, took me a full day to figure out the sexlab system, I wont even pretend for a second that I wasnt lost a couple times x_x, heck the code shows it = P

Someone did thought of it sooner but no one was interested in making it... http://www.loverslab.com/topic/28594-idea-sexlab-selfie/

This mod is pretty much what i had in mind back then except its focused only on sexlab.

Nenilai first thanks for making this mod. I do have a problem with it and it will probably be solved when you do what Ashal said to do.

At the moment i cant start it by pressing U key. The idea i had back then was to include expressions and poses as well but it can work for animations only. Basicaly what i would like to see is:

- Vertical menu instead of curent horizontal one that works during sexlab loop.

- Menu that works outside of sexlab but started by same hotkey. This could include 2 choices only.

- Self (for start sex - masturbation)

- Others (for start sex with NPC selected by Sexlab N key - and then switch to your original menu if called with U key again or   agressive menu if pressing Shift + U)

I like your Idea of having configurable expressions and initializing everything as well with a key press, exactly the type of Ideas and growth I was hoping for. More options the better.

Are you considering some of my suggestions or is it left for me to do?

Feel free if you'd like, just toss some credit my way if you would.. I threw the source out for that reason, I know what its like to send out an idea and it not be done, some don't know how, and others are too busy to do it. Just like me you had some cool ideas but they weren't happening, so I gave it a shot, want to help them get out there.

I would prefer it though if you and others start to work on it, you guys keep to adding it to one file, not make multiple different mods with clashing options or ideas, just one mod with a huge ton of options available at one simple menu.

As for my considerations:

I'm Currently bashing my head against the MCM menu system for configurable keys, Also want to look into all the custom animation packs out there after thats done, and still need to finish releasing my Beta Version of the Skyrim Coop Mod on the Nexus, Its completely revamped vs the Alpha and has a ton of new features. My g/f is just being shy to make a tutorial video with me so I can explain all the changes.

How exactly are you compiling scripts? i tried to set up sublime text 3 with Mod Organizer and no matter what i do i cant compile them that way or with creation kit that i run through MO. I pretty much gave up after losing a day on trying to setup things.

First off, great start to the mod. I was thinking about a mod like this then I realized that I am terrible at papyrus and the CK. I wish I currently had the technical skill to help you.

That said, I have a suggestion/request. Once you get an MCM menu up and running, how about the option to select animation preferences? As an example, say you're RP'ing a character that absolutely hates anal (because they're weird or something- it's only an example) you could toggle off all consensual  anal animations. Or maybe you're RP'ing a character that is super into anal (because they're boring and hate variety), you could toggle off all but the anal animations. If this is possible, then maybe expanding it to a priority option where you can set the animation types to have a certain percentage chance, roll a die, then play. This would allow the mod to actively support other mods without being something you have to constantly remember to set.

I'll admit, there are some potential problems with this as, once you leave humanoids and head into monsters and other creatures, there may not be every type of animation. This could maybe be solved with a "default to whatever" option or maybe a "they don't seem that interested- try something else?" option.

Guest Jenova23

It would be cool if the positions where saved, I have a lot of different races in my game, all with custom skeletons, so npc never match up perfectly.

Hm I have actually included something like this in my mod recently.

It uses the underused UiExtensions mod, what is cool with this mod is that you can add a very high number of options in one menu.

Hotkey press - Opens a dynamic menu of the current animation array so you change animation without going through all of them:

post-175859-0-07891000-1422723642_thumb.jpg

Shift + hotkey press - I've also added a change animations by tag like you did, other option can be added easily.

post-175859-0-26973100-1422723690_thumb.jpg

When you are targetting somebody having sex you can also open the menu to change their animations and all of this with one hotkey.

If you are interested I can send you a standalone mod for people who are not using Defeat.

Future Plans

Opinions and Suggestions or flat out adding them if you want, definitely welcome. 

If possible (for consensual sex options) I'd like to see a dialogue based initiation.

Meaning after selecting some kind of "consensual sex" option from an NPCs main dialogue list, then the U menu pops up automatically to select the starting position,...rather than have to press U while sexlab is initially undressing/aligning actors.

For Rape actions you could just make the U menu auto-pop up before the animations begin.

If this was added,...I think this mod would become the default sexlab mod,...like matchmaker is now,....except,...now its all fluid in the dialogue,...and allows you to select the positions yourself.

Great work

It uses the underused UiExtensions mod, what is cool with this mod is that you can add a very high number of options in one menu.

Hotkey press - Opens a dynamic menu of the current animation array so you change animation without going through all of them:

Shift + hotkey press - I've also added a change animations by tag like you did, other option can be added easily.

When you are targetting somebody having sex you can also open the menu to change their animations and all of this with one hotkey.

If you are interested I can send you a standalone mod for people who are not using Defeat.

thats exacly what i think is missing.

it would be nice to first choose a Tag, and then get a list of animations with that tag to choose from

This mod has never worked once for me. I play with a controller, so maybe that might have something to do with it, but I have never bee able to get the menu to come up.

It was a little funky for me, but I THINK it works better now that I have re-binded some other mod keys from 'U' (which conflicts with this mod) to something else. Also, SexLab default settings have 'U' set to Rotate Scene, so you might, like me, try changing it to something else. Either that, or wait for Position Selector to be updated to include an MCM menu, then we can change its 'U' function to something else.

Right now, I still have to hold to 'U' for a second or more for the menu to pop up, but it works better the last I tried.

• 2 weeks later...

that's pretty cool!