Sexlab Position Selector By Nen - Control Yourself

Um I don't want to sound like an ass but doesn't Sexlab have a position selector already?  Last time I checked O button usually changes animations and the home row keys near the enter button plus shift can change the position.

Not trying to be a jerk just saying I thought the mod already had this by default

Nope. Base SexLab you have to cycle through ALL the animation til you get to the ones you want.

Hate to break it to you, but it doesn't seem to work with 1.6x. The box still appears but they don't do anything (if I select cowgirl when it's dead set on doing anal anims, it'll stil do doggystyle anal anims)

Can anyone confirm this?

It doesn't work with the latest SexLab(1.62).

• 6 months later...

If this works with custom animations loaded through SLAL I will kiss you. Have all these animations I can't even use! Getting ready to give this a whirl! 

SexLab Tools should work with all animations, SLAL included. Unless the mod triggering the animation restricts what animation can play (through the use of tag filters I believe).

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/47721-sexlab-tools-v30/

Yeah, mias lair is very infamous for this. I had most of thedefault sexlab animations disabled (especially AP) sine there are a lot of better ones out there now. But it's still dead set on using those animations, no matter how many times you press O. (yes sexlab 1.6 seems to have some sort of feature like this already). Since this mod basically "forces" (by lack of a better word since i don't know what exactly it does) the mod to change to another one of the same tag, it would a very welcome mod 

• 10 months later...

So I just downloaded this mod, but for some reason I can't get it work.

The menu pops up just fine, both the U and the Shift+U menus, and I can select an animation no problem. But after that, it immediately decides to play some random animation from SexLab instead of one of the ones I just selected. I've been trying to get the "Anal" option to work on several occasions now, but all I've gotten is oral and breastfeeding.

For clarification, I am using this mod with Defeat and am using it with a female character who prefers going for the fairer sex in regards to intimacy. I'd like to be able to choose what animations play, but it doesn't seem to register my choices and as a result is practically useless. I've even put it furthest in my load order, but nothing has changed.

Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...
On 1/7/2018 at 9:36 AM, Aizen525 said:

So I just downloaded this mod, but for some reason I can't get it work.

The menu pops up just fine, both the U and the Shift+U menus, and I can select an animation no problem. But after that, it immediately decides to play some random animation from SexLab instead of one of the ones I just selected. I've been trying to get the "Anal" option to work on several occasions now, but all I've gotten is oral and breastfeeding.

For clarification, I am using this mod with Defeat and am using it with a female character who prefers going for the fairer sex in regards to intimacy. I'd like to be able to choose what animations play, but it doesn't seem to register my choices and as a result is practically useless. I've even put it furthest in my load order, but nothing has changed.

Any suggestions?

Doesn't work with 1.62 Sexlab.

• 10 months later...

Still works fine with Special Edition! When you get the "doggy bug" just press the 'O' key a few times repeadetly very fast. It'll fix it eventually. (And you can go back with Shift+O)

Remember to unbind the default 'U' hotkey in SexLab (it rotates by default) otherwise the Position Selector menu won't popup.

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

A couple of things to say.

1. There are much more possible animations than those listed in the windows at the description page. for example footjob, cunnilingus, threesome, foursome etc, spanking, fisting, masturbation,...

2. Sexlab reacts on tags. and that is the trouble. Animations have far too many tags. i dont need to describe this further. you say i want an oral and you get a cowgirl with a bit oral  in first step. you say you want kissing and get a lesbian scene. you say you want a blowjob and get a cunnilingus. you can never sort consensual and agrssive, because they both have the same tag

3. Sexlab Adventures has a nearly perfect tag sorting in mcm, but it works only for that mod.  Sexlab Tool does nearly the same as yours except it does not start before the animation.  Slate can delete and add tags, but some it does not have. You can delete and add tags in SLAnims Jason, but MF is added by sexlab and cant be deleted with anything and that is enough to get lesbians instead of normal and opposite. Maria Eden had the sorting before animation starts, even with tags, but Maria Eden was very buggy.

4. If you want to work it right, then you need this with foreplay too ! in one step setting foreplay and main scene. 

5. Adding animations ? Loop ?

Good Luck !

Nice one for this mod. It fills what I have wanted for a while that SL tools and SL Defeat did not provide. It ONLY provides options to change animation style, without all the other features. I don't want to be able to choose stage etc so I really like this.

On 8/28/2020 at 12:39 PM, shiagwen said:

A couple of things to say.

1. There are much more possible animations than those listed in the windows at the description page. for example footjob, cunnilingus, threesome, foursome etc, spanking, fisting, masturbation,...

4. If you want to work it right, then you need this with foreplay too ! in one step setting foreplay and main scene. 

I mostly agree with these points, though the group sex point may be difficult to implement or not make sense for the mod.

Best would be an editable list loaded from JSON or MCM where you can setup tag sets. So the player can set the options and which tags they use.

MCM option to disable during rape would make sense.

Option for automatic change on stage change chance to any of the options you set in MCM.

On 1/24/2015 at 8:36 AM, Nenilai said:

HELP

Still new here, my first mod ever added, making new features wont be easy, please vote, rate, endorse, whatever, and I will continue to keep trying to update this, to add a bunch of new features, when I'm not working on other projects.

Also looking to add MCM options to this mod, if you know how or have directions to a tutorial of some kind please link me or send me a message.

IDK whether you wrote this recently or years ago.. I've been messing around with mods recently but not written one myself from scratch. I suggest reverse engineering features you need from existing mods that have what or nearly what you want to do. SexLab Skill Loss I changed around a bunch without issue, has an MCM you can see how it all works really easily.

On 1/24/2015 at 9:04 AM, cornbreadtm said:

You can change them but you can't select them. It's like flipping a coin... with 255 coins.

You CAN select specific animations with sexlab defeat installed. set the hotkey and a dropdown list appears. I think the only thing this doesn't do is allow you to change between types of anims like aggressive/foreplay etc

• 2 weeks later...

There are two possible windows , one for consensual and one for aggrssive ?  What makes the one or the other appear ?  Isnt it the same puke as if directly an agressive animation comes in a  consensual mod and situation ?  Really that sucks me enough. and one other thing in sexlab, since 2012 ! The pair is 180 degrees wrong in the bed ! Since 8 years and no mod  repairs that ? In earlier versions of sexlab 4 times the hotkey had to be pressed for 180 degree. in actual version 12 !! times.  What a progress !

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I really like simplicity and straightforwardness of this mod. Since the author no longer seems to be active, can anyone help with advice on how this can be expanded ( only for personal use, ofc)?

I'm looking for two things:

- To be able to start animations

- adding more position tags 

Is this possible with some basic script files editing?