Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

fishburger67 can you help me this is my papyrus log: Key N dont work and npcs dont boner

You have a shit load of stuff like this:

Error: Cannot call ... on a None object, aborting function call

including aroused code.  You have something (actually several somethings) totally screwed up.

Remember that Skyrim does not support removing a mod and continuing to play with a save.

My recommendation is to identify the mods you cannot live without and remove all the rest then start a new game.

If you want to experiment, remove Sexlab aroused (including all its .psc/pex files as listed on the home page), run SaveTool (find it with google on nexus) on your save following the instructions there, then re-install a fresh copy of aroused.  Then, load the cleaned save, save again and exit, load the new save and post the papyrus log.

This has a small chance of working for aroused, but will not likely fix all the other hundred or so errors you are getting.

I recently reinstalled sexlab aroused 27c, but for some reason my arousal isnt increasing anymore like before. It often stays static or actually decreases. I tried reinstalling and resetting to the default settings in MCM, but i dont see any change.

I also just started the devious devices integration quest where you get a chastity belt, and i think thats supposed to increase your arousal, but my arousal is actually decreasing.

Any ideas whats going on?

Also, the mod wont add the desire spell to me even when i have the desire spell option checked. Does it not work in sex lab 1.62 or something?

Papyrus : http://pastebin.com/iim4jQtn

I have no experience with DD.

so i been here bashing my head on trying to slowly lower Time Rates while in self bondage, and i was down to modifying my value by 0.000002 and having the result having changed by more like 2.7 before i finally saw what is going on.

UpdateActorTimeRate is using GetActorTimeRate. GetActorTimeRate returns the stored value /after/ a bunch of maths. UpdateActorTimeRate should be reading directly from the storage util value, me thinks. for the time being im hacking at it with StorageUtil.AdjustFloatValue to get more of a result i expected.

The code you are looking at has been in used for many years.

It's not a DD specific problem. I just mentioned it because the arousal still isnt rising even with the DD modifiers. Arousal is either remaining static or decreasing, that's a aroused redux specific issue...

so i been here bashing my head on trying to slowly lower Time Rates while in self bondage, and i was down to modifying my value by 0.000002 and having the result having changed by more like 2.7 before i finally saw what is going on.

UpdateActorTimeRate is using GetActorTimeRate. GetActorTimeRate returns the stored value /after/ a bunch of maths. UpdateActorTimeRate should be reading directly from the storage util value, me thinks. for the time being im hacking at it with StorageUtil.AdjustFloatValue to get more of a result i expected.

that doesn't make it any less wrong, lol.

the end game is, GetActorTimeRate returns a value that is absolutely nothing like the value that is stored by SetActorTimeRate, its not even on the same 1-100 scale. it cannot be used for UpdateActorTimeRate to have any sort of sane results. there is nothing wrong if UpdateActorTimeRate calls GetACtorTimeRate /after/ it modifies the storage util data to proc the calculations and faction updates, but it cannot use the value from GetACtorTimeRate to be dumped right back into SetActorTimeRate. its just mathematically, pardon, fucked. ^_^

i mean, if you don't want to fix it, thats fine, i got what i need already just by editing the value directly in storageutil.

Look at this, for some reason my arousal keeps dropping? This doesnt make any sense.

Also the mod never adds the desire spell to my character even though i have that option ticked...

All of this was with default settings but it looks like time rate keeps decreasing for some reason?

Edit : If i set decar rate to 0, the stats change to what i would expect. But the default time rate is 2 and that completely breaks the stats since arousal keeps dropping infinitely.

post-24451-0-78623100-1473399182_thumb.jpg

that doesn't make it any less wrong, lol.

the end game is, GetActorTimeRate returns a value that is absolutely nothing like the value that is stored by SetActorTimeRate, its not even on the same 1-100 scale. it cannot be used for UpdateActorTimeRate to have any sort of sane results. there is nothing wrong if UpdateActorTimeRate calls GetACtorTimeRate /after/ it modifies the storage util data to proc the calculations and faction updates, but it cannot use the value from GetACtorTimeRate to be dumped right back into SetActorTimeRate. its just mathematically, pardon, fucked. ^_^

i mean, if you don't want to fix it, thats fine, i got what i need already just by editing the value directly in storageutil.

"mathematically, pardon, fucked."  LOL

I'll have a look soon.  Note that lots and lots of mod authors use this exactly as it is and that is why I am reluctant to make changes to the core code.  But, if the values really are fucked, I'll fix it.

Look at this, for some reason my arousal keeps dropping? This doesnt make any sense.

Also the mod never adds the desire spell to my character even though i have that option ticked...

All of this was with default settings but it looks like time rate keeps decreasing for some reason?

Edit : If i set decar rate to 0, the stats change to what i would expect. But the default time rate is 2 and that completely breaks the stats since arousal keeps dropping infinitely.

Arousal should drop over time if you don't see anything to arouse you (sex or nakedness).   That is how it works and I cannot change it without pissing off a lot of mod authors.

Is there a way to disable NPC arousal, make it player only? I really don't need NPC's to have arousal levels for my style of gameplay.

Oh, and great work on fixing all the issues from the previous versions.

I'll have a look soon.  Note that lots and lots of mod authors use this exactly as it is and that is why I am reluctant to make changes to the core code.  But, if the values really are fucked, I'll fix it.

alternately i guess could add a UpdateActorTimeRateBetter function, but really because the way it is, fixing it would probably fix a lot of mods that don't even know they are broken, since they are basically going to all end up accidentally removing all arousal (well, the time based portion of it) instantly. or maxing it instantly.

saw the notes about the UpdateActorExposure function, adding an UpdateActorExposureFloat may be kinda nice, it does seem odd being flipped back and forth to an int all the time.

Arousal should drop over time if you don't see anything to arouse you (sex or nakedness).   That is how it works and I cannot change it without pissing off a lot of mod authors.

But...the less sex you have, the more arousal you are supposed to have. Because you haven't had sex in ages.

Why would that somehow piss off mod authors? Would it be possible to add a MCM option to increase arousal based on how long it has been since your last orgasm?

But...the less sex you have, the more arousal you are supposed to have. Because you haven't had sex in ages.

Why would that somehow piss off mod authors? Would it be possible to add a MCM option to increase arousal based on how long it has been since your last orgasm?

It works how it does and beyond any possible bug fixes, it will not be changed.  Sorry if I am sounding pissy, but I don't know how else to respond.

It works how it does and beyond any possible bug fixes, it will not be changed.  Sorry if I am sounding pissy, but I don't know how else to respond.

i was actually thinking about this all this past week as i was trying to understand how the values work to know how i want to modify them. the end result was that i agree with the way the calculations are generally handled and how the effect generally works. i based it on my own real life experience. lets talk about fapping.

• fapping once a day. whatever.
  • fapping thrice a day. way to go champ.
  • then lets say you cant for a day because you're at some work thing or whatever.
  • day two i'd be going a little stir crazy going from 3 faps a day to none, i'd probaby go find a conference bathroom and rub one out anyway.
  • now i end up stuck at my grandmothers house and she thinks jerking it is a sin so now im going to have no good way to drop it like its hot.
  • the first day will suck. the third day will suck the most. but by the end of the week, its not going to be that big of a deal anymore. probably still be horny but probably not so horny that you cant even see straight as you're starting to come down from your hormone high. its called withdrawl, its a technical drug term i think.

and that is what the math emulates. and therefore is correct. if you tell me other wise im going to say you're probably not old enough to know, or some sort of super nympho. which is ok, but still an outlier. timerate goes up, timerate goes down. never a miscommunication. unless you use UpdateActorTimeRate.

alternately i guess could add a UpdateActorTimeRateBetter function, but really because the way it is, fixing it would probably fix a lot of mods that don't even know they are broken, since they are basically going to all end up accidentally removing all arousal (well, the time based portion of it) instantly. or maxing it instantly.

saw the notes about the UpdateActorExposure function, adding an UpdateActorExposureFloat may be kinda nice, it does seem odd being flipped back and forth to an int all the time.

Actually this may explain why it sometimes jumps to the max unexpectedly.

Could you add a function to stop the arousal from falling to 0 once the character finishes masturbating ?  It would be more immersive if only 1/3 of the arousal was removed and masturbating again would be uneffective.  That way, you would have to have sex for the arousal to completelly drop.

i was actually thinking about this all this past week as i was trying to understand how the values work to know how i want to modify them. the end result was that i agree with the way the calculations are generally handled and how the effect generally works. i based it on my own real life experience. lets talk about fapping.

• fapping once a day. whatever.
  • fapping thrice a day. way to go champ.
  • then lets say you cant for a day because you're at some work thing or whatever.
  • day two i'd be going a little stir crazy going from 3 faps a day to none, i'd probaby go find a conference bathroom and rub one out anyway.
  • now i end up stuck at my grandmothers house and she thinks jerking it is a sin so now im going to have no good way to drop it like its hot.
  • the first day will suck. the third day will suck the most. but by the end of the week, its not going to be that big of a deal anymore. probably still be horny but probably not so horny that you cant even see straight as you're starting to come down from your hormone high. its called withdrawl, its a technical drug term i think.

and that is what the math emulates. and therefore is correct. if you tell me other wise im going to say you're probably not old enough to know, or some sort of super nympho. which is ok, but still an outlier. timerate goes up, timerate goes down. never a miscommunication. unless you use UpdateActorTimeRate.

But sex lab aroused doesnt emulate that. It just keeps falling forever which doesnt make sense. The less sex you have, the more aroused you are going to be in general (in real life).

From what i can tell sex lab aroused just increases your arousal the more sex you have which makes no sense whatsoever.

Why not? Because you can't be bothered to do so? Or ?

And you still havent explained why the desire spell option does not work. Please tell me why it does not work?

But sex lab aroused doesnt emulate that. It just keeps falling forever which doesnt make sense. The less sex you have, the more aroused you are going to be in general (in real life).

From what i can tell sex lab aroused just increases your arousal the more sex you have which makes no sense whatsoever.

no, it increases the time rate which is a multiplier of time since.

basically the more sex you have teh more addicted you become. over time the time rate falls. 

no, it increases the time rate which is a multiplier of time since.

basically the more sex you have teh more addicted you become. over time the time rate falls. 

Right, but my point is arousal shouldnt be decreasing by itself. That makes it impossible for your arousal to increase naturally.

Why not? Because you can't be bothered to do so? Or ?

And you still havent explained why the desire spell option does not work. Please tell me why it does not work?

The answers are here in the thread, it's up to you to look for them or not.

If you want the mod to work in a different way you are completely free to make the changes you want to the copy of the mod you use. Just don't expect any support for your changed version.

If you do not know how to make such changes then this might be a good time to learn how since it seems to be so important to you.

Hey

I was using this mod the other day and it was working fine and then I installed some more mods and ran FNIS again and now it comes up with SexLab Aroused V?.? do you know why it might be doing this? I then run Skyrim and I started a new game and it crashes once it loads. Is this due to FNIS not recognising the version number and installing it properly?

EDIT:

So it was crashing due to me being a dumb bum and not redoing a bash patch. Still the V?.? with FNIS though

Thanks

Hey

I was using this mod the other day and it was working fine and then I installed some more mods and ran FNIS again and now it comes up with SexLab Aroused V?.? do you know why it might be doing this? I then run Skyrim and I started a new game and it crashes once it loads. Is this due to FNIS not recognising the version number and installing it properly?

EDIT:

So it was crashing due to me being a dumb bum and not redoing a bash patch. Still the V?.? with FNIS though

Thanks

Version numbers in the FNIS file are optional and many authors wisely don't bother with them because it means yet one more place they have to alter version numbers when they make a release and it's already too easy for them to miss a place.

'''

Right, but my point is arousal shouldnt be decreasing by itself. That makes it impossible for your arousal to increase naturally.

"naturally" is a matter of opinion.  None of this is "natural", at least in my view.  To make is natural, you would get aroused when you see some nakedness and become unaroused the minute you start thinking about something besides sex. 

"naturally" is a matter of opinion.  None of this is "natural", at least in my view.  To make is natural, you would get aroused when you see some nakedness and become unaroused the minute you start thinking about something besides sex. 

Wait wait wait... hang on. You're saying that it is possible to think of something other than sex?

Mind: Blown.  :lol:

I recently updated SD mod and found out I had to install FNIS sexy moves mod because of an accident during scripting of the latest SD. After playing with the sexy moves mod for a while I got an idea... what if sexlab aroused could trigger increasingly sexy anims from this FNIS mod depending on arousal? So instead of seeing women grabbing their crotch we could see them swinging their butts while walking when horny.

Did anyone ever adapt this FNIS mod to work with sexlab aroused?

I recently updated SD mod and found out I had to install FNIS sexy moves mod because of an accident during scripting of the latest SD. After playing with the sexy moves mod for a while I got an idea... what if sexlab aroused could trigger increasingly sexy anims from this FNIS mod depending on arousal? So instead of seeing women grabbing their crotch we could see them swinging their butts while walking when horny.

Did anyone ever adapt this FNIS mod to work with sexlab aroused?

That is a task for an outside mod.  Aroused just provides the framework for that to happen.  Aroused itself can trigger sexy idles.