Sexlab Aroused Redux December 05 2016

so i been here bashing my head on trying to slowly lower Time Rates while in self bondage, and i was down to modifying my value by 0.000002 and having the result having changed by more like 2.7 before i finally saw what is going on.

UpdateActorTimeRate is using GetActorTimeRate. GetActorTimeRate returns the stored value /after/ a bunch of maths. UpdateActorTimeRate should be reading directly from the storage util value, me thinks. for the time being im hacking at it with StorageUtil.AdjustFloatValue to get more of a result i expected.

I have had a look at this and the code is correct except that:

akRef.SetFactionRank(slaTimeRate, res as Int)

should be moved out of GetActorTimeRate into SetActorTimeRate

The reason that there is some math after Float res = StorageUtil.GetFloatValue(akRef, "SLAroused.TimeRate", 10.0) is because it is returning the current TimeRate and not the TimeRate when setfloatvalue was called.

It is possible that an NPC might not be encountered for months after the last value was stored and this code insures that the TimeRate is up to date.

Do you agree?

Oddly enough, while v17 seems to be loading just fine, v27c keeps crashing upon startup. As in, it keeps crashing upon reaching the main screen - I can't even get into a save with v27c. Still working on the fuck is going on. Any clue what might be it, since the newer version is frying but the older one well, isn't?

Load order's attached but I wouldn't think it'd have made that much of a difference. Unless there's been an update in requirements...?

Papyrus logs are below but they aren't really particularly helpful.

loadorder.txt

Papyrus.0.log

Papyrus.1.log

Oddly enough, while v17 seems to be loading just fine, v27c keeps crashing upon startup. As in, it keeps crashing upon reaching the main screen - I can't even get into a save with v27c. Still working on the fuck is going on. Any clue what might be it, since the newer version is frying but the older one well, isn't?

Load order's attached but I wouldn't think it'd have made that much of a difference. Unless there's been an update in requirements...?

Never heard of this before.  Don't know about the load order.  Did you check it with TES5Edit to see if you are missing a master.   Did you fun FNIS after installing?  There are some new animations that did not exist in 17, but I don't think that should cause a crash.  Best thing is to check with TES5Edit.

The papyrus logs did not show the normal startup messages for aroused as well as your other mods, so something weird is happening.

Never heard of this before.  Don't know about the load order.  Did you check it with TES5Edit to see if you are missing a master.   Did you fun FNIS after installing?  There are some new animations that did not exist in 17, but I don't think that should cause a crash.  Best thing is to check with TES5Edit.

The papyrus logs did not show the normal startup messages for aroused as well as your other mods, so something weird is happening.

Ran FNIS again. Same issue. TES5Edit's not complaining about missing masters. Ugh. Come home from debugging all day just to keep debugging.

Definitely a conflict somewhere, since it doesn't break (immediately) on a mostly-vanilla loadup, and I have so many damn mods that I don't want to do the 'one-by-one' way of checking where it's breaking. Is there anything that it's explicitly incompatible with?

I'll keep smashing at it, but that'll have to wait for when I have more time unless there's something quicker than the one-by-one method.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Kinda wondering at this point if it would be a problem to change the esm to the older version since that loads fine... haven't actually tested a savegame with it and using the 27c data.  Also vaguely wondering if FNIS is failing to generate something for some reason.

Crashdump.txt

Ran FNIS again. Same issue. TES5Edit's not complaining about missing masters. Ugh. Come home from debugging all day just to keep debugging.

Definitely a conflict somewhere, since it doesn't break (immediately) on a mostly-vanilla loadup, and I have so many damn mods that I don't want to do the 'one-by-one' way of checking where it's breaking. Is there anything that it's explicitly incompatible with?

I'll keep smashing at it, but that'll have to wait for when I have more time unless there's something quicker than the one-by-one method.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Kinda wondering at this point if it would be a problem to change the esm to the older version since that loads fine... haven't actually tested a savegame with it and using the 27c data.  Also vaguely wondering if FNIS is failing to generate something for some reason.

Can you load a new game?

You have so many dlls loaded that your problem could just about be anything. 

There are no incompatibilities with any other mod that I am aware of.

My best guess is that your game is just taking up too memory and that the little bit added by the 27c version is enough to break the camels back.

There should not be any reason that 17 works and 27c does not as they both provide exactly the same functionality except that 27c adds additional animations in certain conditions.

You can use 17 in place of 27c.  Remove Aroused completely.  Run your save through save tool to remove orphaned scripts and then re-install 17 to get it running.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

My best guess is that your game is just taking up too memory and that the little bit added by the 27c version is enough to break the camels back.

There should not be any reason that 17 works and 27c does not as they both provide exactly the same functionality except that 27c adds additional animations in certain conditions.

You can use 17 in place of 27c.  Remove Aroused completely.  Run your save through save tool to remove orphaned scripts and then re-install 17 to get it running.

I can't load a new game. I can't even get to the main screen, let alone click "New Game" with 27c. If I could, I'd probably have more to work with. I'm not familiar enough with Skyrim's inner workings to know what it loads before the main menu, so I'm probably going to stick with 17 until I have the time to remerge mods and see what fixes it. 

Probably is a memory issue considering the dump error looks like it's trying to write out of bounds, although I'm a bit puzzled - my hardware's not quite top of the line but it should be more than capable of running that load. There's also that Raptr dll, which looks suspicious... I recall Raptr having issues with Skyrim and I just spotted that in the lineup. Probably came with the new driver install.

I'm going to check and see if de-installing and reinstalling FNIS and Creatures will help as well, but at this point I'm ready to give up until a more opportune time.

Thanks for the help, though. Will update if I either give up or find the issue.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

I can't load a new game. I can't even get to the main screen, let alone click "New Game" with 27c. If I could, I'd probably have more to work with. I'm not familiar enough with Skyrim's inner workings to know what it loads before the main menu, so I'm probably going to stick with 17 until I have the time to remerge mods and see what fixes it. 

Probably is a memory issue considering the dump error looks like it's trying to write out of bounds, although I'm a bit puzzled - my hardware's not quite top of the line but it should be more than capable of running that load. There's also that Raptr dll, which looks suspicious... I recall Raptr having issues with Skyrim and I just spotted that in the lineup. Probably came with the new driver install.

I'm going to check and see if de-installing and reinstalling FNIS and Creatures will help as well, but at this point I'm ready to give up until a more opportune time.

If you can't get to the main screen, you have bigger problems.  That is usually indicative of a missing master.  I know you ran that through Tes5edit, so we need to find an alternate source for your problem.  I did a quick google search using:

skyrim crashes before

Got tons of responses.  Maybe one of them will give you a clue.  Most have to do with video and sound drivers.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

If you can't get to the main screen, you have bigger problems.  That is usually indicative of a missing master.  I know you ran that through Tes5edit, so we need to find an alternate source for your problem.  I did a quick google search using:

skyrim crashes before

Got tons of responses.  Maybe one of them will give you a clue.  Most have to do with video and sound drivers.

Looking at http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44960-hdt-skinned-mesh-physics-tutorial/page-2, and a couple others, it might be my CPU that's the issue instead of the video driver... although that is also the likely culprit. On the other hand, both are so shiny and new off the development table that I'm not sure I'll get a fix right now or an answer to whether or not that's the problem. 

i7 Skylakes supposedly have had issues with GTA5 and hyperthreading - and that's probably my next step. Video driver fixes are pretty much "rollback / update / reinstall" and hope it fixes the problem, all of which I've done.

For now, I'm going to give up and label this tentatively as a hardware issue that can't be solved quite yet bar reducing the stress I put on the hardware. At least, if the hyperthreading disable doesn't work.

Thanks for all the help.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

skyrim crashes before

Looking at http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44960-hdt-skinned-mesh-physics-tutorial/page-2, and a couple others, it might be my CPU that's the issue instead of the video driver... although that is also the likely culprit. On the other hand, both are so shiny and new off the development table that I'm not sure I'll get a fix right now or an answer to whether or not that's the problem. 

i7 Skylakes supposedly have had issues with GTA5 and hyperthreading - and that's probably my next step. Video driver fixes are pretty much "rollback / update / reinstall" and hope it fixes the problem, all of which I've done.

For now, I'm going to give up and label this tentatively as a hardware issue that can't be solved quite yet bar reducing the stress I put on the hardware. At least, if the hyperthreading disable doesn't work.

Thanks for all the help.

If you are crashing before the main menu, I kinda doubt that it is the CPU.  All it is doing is initializing all the dlls and loading the mods (but not the save file). 

But, good luck

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

skyrim crashes before

Thanks for all the help.

If you are crashing before the main menu, I kinda doubt that it is the CPU.  All it is doing is initializing all the dlls and loading the mods (but not the save file). 

But, good luck

Nope. Didn't work. Oh well, wasn't really expecting it to. Was hoping for it to work, but the likelihood was quite small. My hunch is that it's a combination of the really shiny new hardware and the too-many-mods issue. More the latter than the former. Skyrim does have a bit of a hard limit on the engine.

So v17 is just missing some animations? I can live without it for now. Was considering just removing it altogether until I stopped playing with my shiny new hardware and started playing with a more reasonable Skyrim mod-load, but great.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

skyrim crashes before

Thanks for all the help.

But, good luck

Nope. Didn't work. Oh well, wasn't really expecting it to. Was hoping for it to work, but the likelihood was quite small. My hunch is that it's a combination of the really shiny new hardware and the too-many-mods issue. More the latter than the former. Skyrim does have a bit of a hard limit on the engine.

So v17 is just missing some animations? I can live without it for now. Was considering just removing it altogether until I stopped playing with my shiny new hardware and started playing with a more reasonable Skyrim mod-load, but great.

It doesn't make sense that your shiny hardware conflicts with a specific version of this mod. This mod doesn't even have a dll file.

Crashdump, if it helps.

Can you load a new game?

skyrim crashes before

Thanks for all the help.

But, good luck

Actually, if you are going to play with a big mod load, you usually cannot play with Sexlab mods.  Those mods like Wet and Cold and blood mods and needs mods and the like are so script intensive that it makes Sexlab mods mostly unplayable.  As you mentioned, Skyrim has a hard limit on the number of mods that it can run at one time (scripting mods that is) and those that put a cloaking spell like creature framework, SOS full and the like really have a big impact. 

If I were you, I'd make a list of the mods I cannot live without and dump ALL the rest.   If they do not have a significant impact on your game, it makes no sense to have them.  I play the game with about 30 mods and it is a blast and that includes an ENB and the like and I never have a CTD.

Actually, if you are going to play with a big mod load, you usually cannot play with Sexlab mods.  Those mods like Wet and Cold and blood mods and needs mods and the like are so script intensive that it makes Sexlab mods mostly unplayable.  As you mentioned, Skyrim has a hard limit on the number of mods that it can run at one time (scripting mods that is) and those that put a cloaking spell like creature framework, SOS full and the like really have a big impact. 

If I were you, I'd make a list of the mods I cannot live without and dump ALL the rest.   If they do not have a significant impact on your game, it makes no sense to have them.  I play the game with about 30 mods and it is a blast and that includes an ENB and the like and I never have a CTD.

It's working on v17 with no issues related to it whatsoever. I'm still not sure why 27c causing the crash, but whatever.

The textures are causing crashes within the game every so often anyway. I've been running close to the Skyrim limit on textures before v27c. I did load up a modlist without those textures (and flora overhaul) and it's working just fine.

I'll probably switch over within the month - I honestly just wanted those just to see if I could get it working; first time I've had the hardware to run Ultra let alone something like this.

So no worries. Honestly was more concerned about tracking down why it went wrong than fixing it, but I don't really feel like putting in the effort anymore. Got a bit burnt out on debugging at work.

It doesn't make sense that your shiny hardware conflicts with a specific version of this mod. This mod doesn't even have a dll file.

It probably doesn't conflict with the mod precisely. Looking at the dump, my amateur guess without using specialized tools is that Skyrim's getting an error when it tries to allocate more space for the extra animations in v27c vs v17 because my hardware drivers have a conflict with it doing it that early somewhere. I have the space (8 GB VRAM, 16 GB RAM), Skyrim has the space (Skyrim has 4GB) - but it's not doing it right. Shiny new hardware with old engines... not surprised.

It's working on v17 with no issues related to it whatsoever. I'm still not sure why 27c causing the crash, but whatever.

The textures are causing crashes within the game every so often anyway. I've been running close to the Skyrim limit on textures before v27c. I did load up a modlist without those textures (and flora overhaul) and it's working just fine.

I'll probably switch over within the month - I honestly just wanted those for running around and looking at the pretty landscape for a while; it's the first time I've had a graphics card capable of running on Ultra, let alone having texture mods. And decided to slap on everything else because well, why not have a pretty landscape while actually playing? 

So no worries. Honestly was more concerned about tracking down why it went wrong than fixing it, but I don't really feel like putting in the effort anymore. Got a bit burnt out on debugging at work.

It probably doesn't conflict with the mod precisely. Looking at the dump, my amateur guess without using specialized tools is that Skyrim's getting an error when it tries to allocate more space for the extra animations in v27c vs v17 because my hardware drivers have a conflict with it doing it that early somewhere. I have the space (8 GB VRAM, 16 GB RAM), Skyrim has the space (Skyrim has 4GB) - but it's not doing it right. Shiny new hardware with old engines... not surprised.

Take a look at this post, it might be helpful to you.

I'll probably switch over within the month - I honestly just wanted those for running around and looking at the pretty landscape for a while; it's the first time I've had a graphics card capable of running on Ultra, let alone having texture mods. And decided to slap on everything else because well, why not have a pretty landscape while actually playing? 

Take a look at this post, it might be helpful to you.

Thanks. That'll help next time I feel like putting together a massive merged modload.

Enough hogging your thread, though; I've got my fix(es) and will be merrily off to play Skyrim. Happy gaming and modding, everyone.

I've got a question, how does exposure rate work? I've noticed my PC's exposure rate is constantly rising even if I do nothing after setting it to the default value.

Exposure rises by seeing naked NPCs or you being an exhibitionist and being naked.  Also remember that Aroused is a framework used by many other mods that adjust exposure.

in 27c being "naked" or not has a major effect on aroused. i guess naked counts as such when in the mcm the armor is set as naked ? or does the armor only efffect the player and not the npcs around the player ?

edit: please explain what counts as naked. just the breast/legs part off ? boots on, gloves on ? invisible helmet on ?  ring, amulet, collar on ? collar on that covers the breast slot 32 ? please what is naked ?

in 27c being "naked" or not has a major effect on aroused. i guess naked counts as such when in the mcm the armor is set as naked ? or does the armor only efffect the player and not the npcs around the player ?

edit: please explain what counts as naked. just the breast/legs part off ? boots on, gloves on ? invisible helmet on ?  ring, amulet, collar on ? collar on that covers the breast slot 32 ? please what is naked ?

Naked is the chest not covered or wearing a chest piece marked by the developer as erotic.  This is exactly the same requirements for "nakedness" as all past versions including the original.

I think, specifically, you are considered naked if you're not wearing anything that has either the ArmorCuirass or ClothingBody keywords. I would assume that the option in the aroused MCM to mark an armour as revealing actually removes those keywords, though I might be wrong.

For vanilla armours and clothes only the pieces that occupy the body slot (32) have those keywords. For any mods that add armour and clothes it depends on whether the modder understood those keywords and decided to use them as they were intended. I've seen odd pieces of armour using those keywords in quite a few mods, so a character could be walking around in absolutely nothing but a belt, for example, and the game (and aroused) would consider them fully clothed. If you're using a mod like humorous naked comments - like I do - you quickly learn to use TES5Edit to seek and destroy those keywords everywhere they shouldn't be. It just isn't the same when khajiit traders don't comment on my girl's "twin moons."

Thanks for the answers. So what must i do to make erotic armour like Gatti, Merta, Tera, even devious devices, raise arousal ?

The simplest thing would probably be to equip the full outfit you want to wear, open the aroused MCM, and set anything that shows up in the list as revealing. Then also make sure your character is flagged as an exhibitionist.

Thats what i always do. does this work for humourous naked comments too ? because there the keyword armorcuirass or clothingbody =0 in ck .

As far as I can tell humorous naked comments only changes what npcs say when you walk within "comment" range naked, but whether your character is considered naked and a comment should trigger is unchanged from the way vanilla skyrim handles it. And that seems to be entirely down to those keywords. If you're wearing anything with one of those keywords skyrim considers you properly dressed and npcs won't comment on it. Yet you can be wearing a robe that covers you head to toe, and if it doesn't have one of the keywords you will be considered naked and draw attention.

I'm no expert, though. I've just fiddled around with a few mods in the creation kit and/or TES5Edit. For questions about the humorous mod specifically, asking on its nexus page would likely get you a better answer.

I've got a question, how does exposure rate work? I've noticed my PC's exposure rate is constantly rising even if I do nothing after setting it to the default value.

Exposure rises by seeing naked NPCs or you being an exhibitionist and being naked.  Also remember that Aroused is a framework used by many other mods that adjust exposure.

Thanks, found out that it was Sexlab Hormones that was messing with it.