I can't seem to fix the issue of this mod not showing up in MCM menu, the one time I did it seemed to not work. Never had an issue with this mod before on multiple new installs, any ideas?

Strange - nothing has changed as far as I know - anything from "dtraps" showing in your script log?

Yeah quite a lot lol, my game seems to run fine and I've never had an issue with many many hours of play, but my log is always very large!

So what does dtraps mean?

I can't seem to fix the issue of this mod not showing up in MCM menu, the one time I did it seemed to not work. Never had an issue with this mod before on multiple new installs, any ideas?

Strange - nothing has changed as far as I know - anything from "dtraps" showing in your script log?

Yeah quite a lot lol, my game seems to run fine and I've never had an issue with many many hours of play, but my log is always very large!

So what does dtraps mean?

All Deviously Enchanted Chests script names start with "dtraps_"  so if the mod is throwing script errors you will see messages about "dtraps" in your log.

How does this mod detect the presence of Estrus? After merging (using Merge Plugins), the Estrus options are greyed out.

Clicking Mod Enabled off and on doesn't help.

Estrus Chaurus+'s Animations do work in SexLab's Animation Editor.

A lot of mods don't merge properly. EDIT: While that statement is true, I reread your post after having sleep, and yeah, the problem is because you merged. EDIT END Personally I wouldn't merge Estrus or Estrus Chaurus, because then you have to merge every mod that wants to hook into them... mods can't detect the original ESP if it is in a merged ESP. General rule of thumb when merging: either merge mods that are completely unrelated to every mod in your list, or contain every mod that are going to work with each other.

EDIT: You probably didn't get a response until now because my recommendation is explained in the video guide for merging on the Merge Plugins Nexus page, which you would have known if you'd have watched it.

How does this mod detect the presence of Estrus? After merging (using Merge Plugins), the Estrus options are greyed out.

Clicking Mod Enabled off and on doesn't help.

Estrus Chaurus+'s Animations do work in SexLab's Animation Editor.

A lot of mods don't merge properly. Personally I wouldn't merge Estrus or Estrus Chaurus, because then you have to merge every mod that wants to hook into them... mods can't detect the original ESP if it is in a merged ESP. General rule of thumb when merging: either merge mods that are completely unrelated to every mod in your list, or contain every mod that are going to work with each other.

EDIT: You probably didn't get a response until now because my recommendation is explained in the video guide for merging on the Merge Plugins Nexus page, which you would have known if you'd have watched it.

DEC is indeed checking for esps so that will fail as described

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue.

The Mod worked always fine, until i did the following:

- updated DDa, DDx, DDi and added ZAZ Expansion

- added "Heretical Ressources"

- added "Helgen Reborn"

- updated a lot of Loverslab mods (like Sexlab Aroused, dripping when aroused)

i use Alternate Start - Live Another Life

i have about 200 mods in load order, 60% are loverslab mods

even after reloading saves and changing loadorder i could not get the MCM to show up

Today i did the following:

- played for a week ingame time

- started the helgen reborn quest (and finished the unbound live Quest from LAL)

and after that

- added Deviously Enchanted Chests again into the game (sorted the Masters of the Mod with TESVedit, added the mod at the end of the load order)

NOW it works! YEHAAA

my clueless guess is:

- i have to many script heavy mods and papyrus cant load them all at the start of a new game

- helgen reborn and LAL prevent some mods to work proper before you leave the start prison

- zaz expansion wants DDa before Zaz in load order (maybe that was fixed with TESVedit sort masters)

- too many mods wait for LAL Prison to finish and prevent each other from starting

- heretical ressources.esm was one esm too much

the two mods that stopped working properly after installing the updated DDa,DDx,DDi Mods, Zaz expanded and heretical

- Deviously Enchanted Chests

- Deviously Enslaved Continued

and both work now again after adding them later into the game

not sure if it will stay that way after some weeks of hardcore questing

(sorry that my first entry into Loverslab forum is a chaotic mess and hope it helps a bit^^)

• 2 weeks later...

hello bane master, thanks for this sweet mod. i have a question: is there anyway to get this mod to work with quickloot? i'm pretty sure quickloot passes the loot to me without actually opening the chests because when i have debug messages on in DEC, i don't see any messages for items i look via quickloot. if i use the Search function to actually open the item, then i can see the debug messages from DEC. 

hello bane master, thanks for this sweet mod. i have a question: is there anyway to get this mod to work with quickloot? i'm pretty sure quickloot passes the loot to me without actually opening the chests because when i have debug messages on in DEC, i don't see any messages for items i look via quickloot. if i use the Search function to actually open the item, then i can see the debug messages from DEC. 

The trigger system catches the activation of the container (using a hidden perk)  - so anything that bypasses activating the container will bypass Dev. Enc. Chests I'm afraid.

The trigger system catches the activation of the container (using a hidden perk) - so anything that bypasses activating the container will bypass Dev. Enc. Chests I'm afraid.

I see thanks, I had a feeling it was set to trigger on an event when a chest is opened. are the conditions for the hidden perk controlled by the esp (ie: can edit in CK/tesvedit) or are the conditions part of the script itself? I wonder if it's possible to set it to activate on when loot is obtained? I like the idea of it activating on getting loot from corpses and picking up random stuff on the floor. This makes it really random which is what I'd want. I use this mod primarily as a trigger for the estrus animations since there really isn't another way for me to trigger them to happen automatically instead of having to use a power to trigger them myself

The trigger system catches the activation of the container (using a hidden perk) - so anything that bypasses activating the container will bypass Dev. Enc. Chests I'm afraid.
I see thanks, I had a feeling it was set to trigger on an event when a chest is opened. are the conditions for the hidden perk controlled by the esp (ie: can edit in CK/tesvedit) or are the conditions part of the script itself? I wonder if it's possible to set it to activate on when loot is obtained? I like the idea of it activating on getting loot from corpses and picking up random stuff on the floor. This makes it really random which is what I'd want. I use this mod primarily as a trigger for the estrus animations since there really isn't another way for me to trigger them to happen automatically instead of having to use a power to trigger them myself

The perk fires a script - the outcome is evaluated & handled by the script

It might be possible to implement trigger on loot but I think it would be a fairly major rewrite

The perk fires a script - the outcome is evaluated & handled by the script

It might be possible to implement trigger on loot but I think it would be a fairly major rewrite

thanks again. I was just wondering if it's possible to change anything with tesvedit without having to get into recompiling scripts. I took a look at the source for the container script and it looks like it does check for whether or not a container was activated. that's going to be out of my scope so I guess I'll leave it as is for now. At this point I think it's probably easier for quickloot to send an activate event to set off activation triggers on use, than it is to try to rewrite this mod. it seems like devious cursed loot also has the same issue with hooking to quickloot, and unfortunately right now quickloot is too useful for me to disable, for the ability to check the contents of a box without having to open it more than anything else

• 4 months later...

The latest version of Devious Devices has added a number of new items to its library. I was wondering if this mod would automatically equip those new items onto my character or is it restricted to items that only fall under the categories that are in the DEC MCM? If it is restricted, is there any chance of an update that incorporates the new items?

The latest version of Devious Devices has added a number of new items to its library. I was wondering if this mod would automatically equip those new items onto my character or is it restricted to items that only fall under the categories that are in the DEC MCM? If it is restricted, is there any chance of an update that incorporates the new items?

I might take a look at an update - although the methods I used to make DEC pick devices are probably now so out of date I should probably just create a new DEC entirely. No promises but I'll give it some thought... ;)

I might take a look at an update - although the methods I used to make DEC pick devices are probably now so out of date I should probably just create a new DEC entirely. No promises but I'll give it some thought... ;)

Sweet! A new version would be awesome.

dang, it stopped working :(

MCM still works fine, but no keys or tentacle attacks ingame

i have the trubble only with the this mod since the great dda,x,i updates

maybe its related

testing around a bit more

would be good if more ppl post if they have the same issue after updating

well, i will be damned!

months later i installed DevEC again,

and it works now like a charm.

The Dwemer stike back!

EDIT:

for all that have trouble getting DEChests running (MCM,Trap events), try this load order:

zzEstrus.esp

dD Enchanted Chests.esp

EstrusChaurus.esp

EstrusSpider.esp

since i load the newer estrus mods after dDEC i have no issues with the mod anymore, even in different loadorders

• 3 months later...

first off, love the mod. secondly tho it be really cool if you could add support for some of komotors animations, I think one or two of them would fit this mod quite nicely.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2897-slal-komotors-animations-the-future-is-compromised/

Thanks - I appreciate the feedback  :)

The issue with komotor's anims is that they require massmatchmaker and I 'm not sure that all folks would necessarily want to add  it to their load order

first off, love the mod. secondly tho it be really cool if you could add support for some of komotors animations, I think one or two of them would fit this mod quite nicely.

http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2897-slal-komotors-animations-the-future-is-compromised/

The issue with komotor's anims is that they require massmatchmaker and I 'm not sure that all folks would necessarily want to add  it to their load order

I believe that Massmatchmaker is only required for the 3 person animations(which I don't think would fit with the theme of your mod at any rate).  The shout like a virgin mod implements it without having that as I requirement so it should work without. So long as only the single person animations are used.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/62210-shout-like-a-virgin/page-1

I believe that Massmatchmaker is only required for the 3 person animations(which I don't think would fit with the theme of your mod at any rate).  The shout like a virgin mod implements it without having that as I requirement so it should work without. So long as only the single person animations are used.

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/62210-shout-like-a-virgin/page-1

Massmatchmaker is 100% not required for Komotor's animations, I assume it's only listed there because he thought you needed it to trigger 3p animations.

His mod is simply a SLAL pack + animation object .esp, you can get the animations to work just fine with regular SL Match Maker casted on 3 targets or from any mod that triggers 3p animations with the right tags (at one time I had to disable one of his 3p animations because it was the only FFF tagged animation I had loaded and would always trigger for SL Eager NPC scenes with 3 females).

• 1 month later...

A update would be cool it make use of all the estrus animations dwemer and tentacles

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job with the mod. I am using this (and a few other mods) in place of Cursed Loot since I didn't use 90% of it.

Only thing I noticed is that the piercing tool drop is separate from the key drops, I didn't realize this and increased it so I tended to have far more piercing removal tools than keys. Other than that I don't have any issues with it.

• 1 month later...

from nexus estrus update :

I uploaded 2 new files.
One is a main file, which fixes a few bugs, and has expanded the IF that can be externally operated without changing Estrus itself.
(The quality which was originally prepared was very bad if you actually used it, I made a lot of modifications to these).

The other is Addon's file. I uploaded it to the Optional File section.
Using the IF above, I made it in the meaning of testing whether something can make games of this MOD possible.

At the moment, NPC using Estrus has appeared in towns and inns.
It is a simple content just to leave NPC with Estrus.
Since I am not good at game design, I think that someone can use this to make something secondary MOD.

Also, the escape function added in the previous version was made to work only for players.
The key can be set from the MCM. Regarding NPC, if the player performs Activate in a timely manner, Estrus can be released.

Added: Cooperation with Estrus Addon.
Fixed: Estrus Undress Animation (Fixed AnimObject disappearance)
Fixed: Minor bug fix (AI, Trace messages, logic, etc.)
Fixed: Fixed an issue in which letters at installation appear excessively.
Modded: You can set any key with escape button from Estrus with MCM.
And, only player can escape by this operation.
In the case of NPC, you can cancel Estrus by activating that NPC timely.
Modded: Estrus Flee Idle02 (rewrite).
Modded: Estrus APIs.

Estrus has been updated yet again would it help for this mod banemaster ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I'm having trouble getting the animations to play. it appears in MCM, I can tweak the settings, the text appears in the upper corner during the event ie "you are losing control", it even strips my clothes off but then nothing happens, the text continues but no animation. I have all the DD's installed, zaz 7.0, estrus charurs 4.33 and cursed loot. I tried doing a script cleaner and new save and nothing helped, the actual animation doesn't play. any thoughts?

9 hours ago, someoneguy said:

Hello all, I'm having trouble getting the animations to play. it appears in MCM, I can tweak the settings, the text appears in the upper corner during the event ie "you are losing control", it even strips my clothes off but then nothing happens, the text continues but no animation. I have all the DD's installed, zaz 7.0, estrus charurs 4.33 and cursed loot. I tried doing a script cleaner and new save and nothing helped, the actual animation doesn't play. any thoughts?

This is a problem with your EC install not DE Chests.

That being ssaid - have you installed the resources from the original estrus mod and run FNIS?

The zzestrus.esp doesn't need to be activated but the mod must be installed to make the animation resources available.

If this doesn't help then you need to ask in the EC+ support thread.

On 12/25/2017 at 6:04 PM, someoneguy said:

Look in Estrus Chaurus and it will tell you if the animations were loaded into SexLab, if not then disable the mod, make a clean save then enable it again and see if it registers them. When you make the clean save I suggest running FNIS again just to be sure.