Thanks for making this mod. While I'm a fan of DCL too, that mod became way too big, trying to do many things at the same time. This one concentrates on the essence of the dangers of looting.

While I'm missing some of the DCL quests (like Courier in CHains), alltogether it is a much more clean experience and takes significantly less tiem to set it up.

Thank you and please continue to develop it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can this mod be used to trigger only Estrus events?

I tested it with Worn restraints threshold set to 0, all chances set to 1000/1000, and everything under Devices and Misc unchecked. My character wore no devious items initially.

The first container was skipped with a message "Initializing libraries." Fair enough.

On the second, my character was equipped with a leather collar, plus arms and legs cuffs. Granted, there's no option under Devices and misc for these restraints. But doesn't Worn restraints threshold block all devious devices? That's what I had understood from the tooltip.

This is why I abandoned DCL: I could not get it to work in such a way that only Estrus events occur either. Can it be done with this mod?

Can this mod be used to trigger only Estrus events?

I tested it with Worn restraints threshold set to 0, all chances set to 1000/1000, and everything under Devices and Misc unchecked. My character wore no devious items initially.

The first container was skipped with a message "Initializing libraries." Fair enough.

On the second, my character was equipped with a leather collar, plus arms and legs cuffs. Granted, there's no option under Devices and misc for these restraints. But doesn't Worn restraints threshold block all devious devices? That's what I had understood from the tooltip.

This is why I abandoned DCL: I could not get it to work in such a way that only Estrus events occur either. Can it be done with this mod?

Yep - it can be done. :)

On the General tab under Optional Enchantments set "Overall Estrus Trap Occurrence to 100%". All container traps will then be Estrus traps.

If you also want only Estrus Tentacles (and therefore pregnancy) also set both "% of Estrus that are Slimes/Oozes" and "Dwemer Trap Chance" to 0%. 

I did some more testing. When the following conditions are fulfilled...

1. Overall Estrus Trap Occurrence = 100%

2. Estrus traps in cities = not allowed (unchecked)

3. Worn restrains threshold = 0

... then looting a container in a city triggers a devious device event.

What I would expect with these settings, is that in cities, nothing is ever triggered...

I did some more testing. When the following conditions are fulfilled...

1. Overall Estrus Trap Occurrence = 100%

2. Estrus traps in cities = not allowed (unchecked)

3. Worn restrains threshold = 0

... then looting a container in a city triggers a devious device event.

What I would expect with these settings, is that in cities, nothing is ever triggered...

The City check is specific to estrus traps only not dD traps - but you can still get your desired result. Either set city occurrence to 0 in 1000 and  no traps will occur in cities or alternatively if you want estrus in cities (but not dD) then set estrus in cities to allowed, keep estrus chance at 100% and set city chance to whatever you want....

The City check is specific to estrus traps only not dD traps - but you can still get your desired result. Either set city occurrence to 0 in 1000 and  no traps will occur in cities or alternatively if you want estrus in cities (but not dD) then set estrus in cities to allowed, keep estrus chance at 100% and set city chance to whatever you want....

I didn't realise the city check was just for Estrus. But as you say, I can still manipulate the settings to get what I want. Thanks for the feedback!

• 4 weeks later...

I just downloaded the mod and have been trying to see how everything works so far. I've noticed that the tentacles appear to work perfectly fine, but the dwemer machine won't animate. It will strip the character, play through the sounds, just no animation. It also seems to randomly freeze after playing a dwemer event with a windows error ding upon doing so.

I just downloaded the mod and have been trying to see how everything works so far. I've noticed that the tentacles appear to work perfectly fine, but the dwemer machine won't animate. It will strip the character, play through the sounds, just no animation. It also seems to randomly freeze after playing a dwemer event with a windows error ding upon doing so.

If anything, this is an error with your installation of Estrus, and not a problem with this mod. All this does is tell Estrus to do the animation. Estrus itself handles what happens after that. Did you run FNIS after installing Estrus? Mods that add animations almost always require that to be done.

I did.

If anything, this is an error with your installation of Estrus, and not a problem with this mod. All this does is tell Estrus to do the animation. Estrus itself handles what happens after that. Did you run FNIS after installing Estrus? Mods that add animations almost always require that to be done.

I did.

I honestly have no idea then. Could it be that Estrus is simply too old to work properly at this point? That would rather suck.

I'm gonna have to test some more after I get dug out from this blizzard. I've noticed Estrus does not like to work properly for me right off the bat. The shouts that the mod has added tends to get me stuck in first person view.

When using Enchanted Chests, like I said, it seems to only be the dwemer that refuses to animate so there may be a conflict with that particular animation somewhere.

Hi Bane_Master, 

the item limiter funtion does not work correctly - or rather not at all. If it is based on an older version of Kimys mod, the same error was there too and was fixed some time ago. Is there a chance you could update this with the fixed limiter function?

Thanks.

Do you mean the maximum number of items that can be equipped?

Hi Bane_Master, 

the item limiter funtion does not work correctly - or rather not at all. If it is based on an older version of Kimys mod, the same error was there too and was fixed some time ago. Is there a chance you could update this with the fixed limiter function?

Thanks.

Do you mean the maximum number of items that can be equipped?

Yes. There is a slider to limit the maximum number of items, after which no further even can be triggered. Its defaulted to 5. But events trigger even with 5+ equipped items.

I'll take a look

• 1 month later...

Hi there, thanks for the mod!

Adding DD items works great, but I'm also having some issues with getting Estrus effects to work right.  After looting the chest, a puff of dust appears under my PC and it SEEMS like the trap has triggered, but no animation plays at all and nothing else happens.

Log:

Papyrus.0.log

Does this seem like a problem with my Estrus mod itself?  Or is there something else preventing it from working?

Thanks!

Hi there, thanks for the mod!

Adding DD items works great, but I'm also having some issues with getting Estrus effects to work right.  After looting the chest, a puff of dust appears under my PC and it SEEMS like the trap has triggered, but no animation plays at all and nothing else happens.

Log:

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Does this seem like a problem with my Estrus mod itself?  Or is there something else preventing it from working?

Thanks!

Your log indicates that DE Chests is calling animation via sexlab OK and then Sexlab encounters an error "Unable to find valid default animations".

Check you have registered the animations via the EC+ MCM. Also check that ypou jave not marked them as aggressive in sexlab and then selected "restrict aggressive animations" as this will cause them not to start"

If the above doesn't help then see if you can get any assistance from the Sexlab support thread on what the error means and how to fix it 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Bane_Master,

Let me first tell that this is a great mod and works (almost) flawlessly for me.

I have one issue though - I have set the dungeons chance to 1000/1000 so that the traps trigger for all chests. However, I noted that even when I loot dead draugers or spider egg containers (like in Bleak Falls Barrow), the estrus traps trigger as well.

Is this by design? Is there any way to make the traps trigger only for the chests in the dungeons?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Bane_Master,

Let me first tell that this is a great mod and works (almost) flawlessly for me.

I have one issue though - I have set the dungeons chance to 1000/1000 so that the traps trigger for all chests. However, I noted that even when I loot dead draugers or spider egg containers (like in Bleak Falls Barrow), the estrus traps trigger as well.

Is this by design? Is there any way to make the traps trigger only for the chests in the dungeons?

Thanks in advance.

It's not by design - if I get a chance I'll take a look and try to work out why

I really like the mod, but I can't move or do anything at all really after triggering it and the estrus scene doesn't trigger. :/

I've had this, a good workaround is to get estrus for skyrim of nexus install it but DO NOT check the estrus esp in your mod manager then you may need to register the animations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really like the mod, but I can't move or do anything at all really after triggering it and the estrus scene doesn't trigger. :/

While using Estrus Mimics I noticed that I had this same issue, the cause was the inherently toggled free-camera option. If possible try to adjust your settings to toggle free-camera off (I'm still working with the mod and my large load order at the moment and haven't actually had much experience with its' MCM features). 

• 1 month later...

I can't seem to fix the issue of this mod not showing up in MCM menu, the one time I did it seemed to not work. Never had an issue with this mod before on multiple new installs, any ideas?

Strange - nothing has changed as far as I know - anything from "dtraps" showing in your script log?

I can't seem to fix the issue of this mod not showing up in MCM menu, the one time I did it seemed to not work. Never had an issue with this mod before on multiple new installs, any ideas?

Strange - nothing has changed as far as I know - anything from "dtraps" showing in your script log?

Yeah quite a lot lol, my game seems to run fine and I've never had an issue with many many hours of play, but my log is always very large!