this is the 1 with the estrus septim in the chest isnt it ? its the estrus septim that causes the containers to disapear if this int the mod that puts a fake 1 septim in the containers to trigger estrus then im in the wrong topic

No estrus septim here - wrong topic I'm afraid...

Greetings. I just found this mod today and am eager to give it a try. I would, however, like to clarify a thing (cause I am often mistaken) and thought I may as well ask here as on the EC+ page:

I will only need the Estrus for Skyrim esm activated, not the esp? This is what I think/hope is the case but... scatterbrained and a little pressed for time.

Thanks!

To run EC+ you need Estrus for Skyrim V120 - it does not have an esm only an esp.  You don't need  to actvate the zzestrus.esp  from Estrus.

this is the 1 with the estrus septim in the chest isnt it ? its the estrus septim that causes the containers to disapear if this int the mod that puts a fake 1 septim in the containers to trigger estrus then im in the wrong topic

No estrus septim here - wrong topic I'm afraid...

Greetings. I just found this mod today and am eager to give it a try. I would, however, like to clarify a thing (cause I am often mistaken) and thought I may as well ask here as on the EC+ page:

I will only need the Estrus for Skyrim esm activated, not the esp? This is what I think/hope is the case but... scatterbrained and a little pressed for time.

Thanks!

To run EC+ you need Estrus for Skyrim V120 - it does not have an esm only an esp.  You don't need  to actvate the zzestrus.esp  from Estrus.

ok thanks i thought the estrus septim was from this mod

• 2 weeks later...

Just a question regarding load order with DEC and cursed loot...

Which should come first? Does it matter to both functioning properly?

Wanted to give this a try but I like Kimy's CL.

I just let LOOT sort out the load order and I don't get any issues with both mods working - obviously you have to be sure that you set the mods up so the events they are handling for you won't trigger both mods at the same time!

They are showing up because you have Estrus for Skyrim activated not dEC.

dEC doesn't add any spells/shouts

AM having fun with this so far but is there any way to remove the Estrus spells/shouts from your character as they just clutter up the spell menu?

I've been using this mod for quite some time now, and I just want to say thanks for providing a minimalist alternative to Deviously Cursed Loot. The cross-compatibility with other mods work as intended, the MCM options provided are broad and not cluttered, there's no extra items that will barely get used, and overall the mod is only as complicated as it needs to be.

I strongly suggest the Animations mod for users of DEC or DCL to add much more suspense when opening containers, since a rigged container will go off in the middle of or after the opening animation rather than instantly.

Just a question regarding load order with DEC and cursed loot...

Which should come first? Does it matter to both functioning properly?

Wanted to give this a try but I like Kimy's CL.

The two mods essentially overlap each other in functionality, Cursed Loot just has a whole heap of more punishing extras on top and is more dependent on player arousal.

• 2 weeks later...

Yep that is a bug, the first container after a load currently doesn't trigger the event unless you loot it twice - is fixed in the next update

If SSL is finding no valid animations then your Estrus setup is almost certainly the problem. The mod doesn't handle or change animations at all - it just calls the anims installed by EC.

Has this been fixed? I just tried this mod out and I have the same problem. With debug menu up it shows "initializing libraries." for the first container I open after load or after the animation has played (ie trap was just triggered). The next time I interact with a container (any container) debug shows proper "Looting Container (ID)" message.

Great mod btw I think estrus has the best aligned animations even back in oblivion but the problem was getting it to fire up automatically to actually integrate it into the gameplay

Yep that is a bug, the first container after a load currently doesn't trigger the event unless you loot it twice - is fixed in the next update

If SSL is finding no valid animations then your Estrus setup is almost certainly the problem. The mod doesn't handle or change animations at all - it just calls the anims installed by EC.

Has this been fixed? I just tried this mod out and I have the same problem. With debug menu up it shows "initializing libraries." for the first container I open after load or after the animation has played (ie trap was just triggered). The next time I interact with a container (any container) debug shows proper "Looting Container (ID)" message.

Great mod btw I think estrus has the best aligned animations even back in oblivion but the problem was getting it to fire up automatically to actually integrate it into the gameplay

It wasn't possible to change this unfortunately but it shouldn't really be an issue - it just means that on installation and each time you change an dEC MCM setting the next container you loot won't trigger an effect unless you loot it twice.

Once you have your dEC MCM the way you want it and have looted the first container afterwards everything will work as expected. 

I think my instance was a fluke because it works as intended now. For some reason when I tested this yesterday with 1000/1000 values, every other chest I opened gave me an initializing libraries message (ie: message, trap, message, trap, message, trap etc). That doesn't seem to happen anymore and I'm not exactly sure what caused or fixed it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

im playing as a female orc this keeps saying I'm playing as a male or child character and not letting me override it

Strange - I've not seen this occur before,  you can't be the 1st person to ever play as a female Orc.  Have you changed race or got any custom race mods running?

... I've got a problem, I tried deactivating the esp, making a new save, and enabling it again but didnt work

basically, the traps activate, everything seems to be working fine, along with the debug messages, however, nothing is equipped when triggered...

halp!

... I've got a problem, I tried deactivating the esp, making a new save, and enabling it again but didnt work

basically, the traps activate, everything seems to be working fine, along with the debug messages, however, nothing is equipped when triggered...

halp!

Remove the mod completely - clean your save then once you have cleaned all traces of the mod and loaded and saved the clean version you can try reinstalling.

halp!

Remove the mod completely - clean your save then once you have cleaned all traces of the mod and loaded and saved the clean version you can try reinstalling.

thanks for the answer! will report if it works

how do I "clean" a save though?

im playing as a female orc this keeps saying I'm playing as a male or child character and not letting me override it

Strange - I've not seen this occur before,  you can't be the 1st person to ever play as a female Orc.  Have you changed race or got any custom race mods running?

just a mod i had working with it before the latest skyrim update it just overhauls the female orcs looks

just a mod i had working with it before the latest skyrim update it just overhauls the female orcs looks

Does it overhaul them to look like children? :P

Does it overhaul them to look like children? :P

nope just not udderly hideous just affects the face

halp!

So I did this in order to clean the save for this mod:

Went to coc qasmoke, saved, "qqq", removed, loaded, waited 31 days, saved, "qqq", loaded, coc back to wherever I want, game is working, save, "qqq", installed mod again, loaded, waited for MCM notification of "menu" detected, configure mod for testing

Cleaning the save seems to have helped, as in less CTDs, which I was now getting too often and couldn't load one save or another, all solved now it seems. The mod still doesn't work though, as in nothing gets equipped at all

any Ideas?

• 2 weeks later...