Call me stupid, but what are the differences between this and Cursed Loot?

You can change the chance on Cursed loot can't you?

Here's the result of test run:

Main difference between them is ability of this mod to call up Estrus for some tentacle-fun.

Also this mod uses all harnesses from DDx and nipple piercings, which is good.

Otherwise Kimy's mod better developed, includes matching sets option and Aradia mod support.

Both mods work quite fine when enabled together, even when fired up on same chest :)

My suggestion would be Kimy to collaborate with Bane on including all those options into Cursed Loot, so we could use one mod only for all options.

Thanks for the feedback - I have no plans to support Aradia atm so if you want that DCL is definitely the mod to go with.

As far as sets are concerned they are available and (in my testing at least) work fine - if not please let me know the details and I will take a look.

One difference to note is that menu only shows the sets that are enabled - so if you don't have dDx or Captured dreams  (or if CD is installed but you disable CD support in the menu) you will only see the basic Leather and Metal sets.

I'm talking about matching items when set set to Random, DCL makes all items match randomly selected theme, if enabled in MCM menu. I've got impression your fork has it hardcoded in "on" position, without MCM togggle, so far all sets were matched.

I do suggest you to join efforts with Kimy to make loot mod of dreams together :)

If you select "Random Theme" in the menu you will get items matched to a randomly selected theme available in your install.

As Kimy points out it is likely the mods will diverge over time - the premise of DCL is that you are affected by a curse and equip the items on, with this action being supported by appropriate dialogue and it does that excellently.  The initial reason I started work on dtraps was that my personal preference for play style is to have a system that acted more like a trap had been triggered with no breaks for dialogue.  I also wanted to add the estrus effect and  see if other effects might possibly be included.

I love the idea of mixing DCL and estrus Mimics, but I would wish that more than just the tentacle version would be used. Estrus Mod has many, many more and equally awesome animations.

Edit:

Actually im having another issue:

Estrus option cant be activated, althoug I have estrus in skyrim installed and working.

Might it be incompatible with estrus mimics?

You know I like both Cursed Loot and this mod. I can see them eventually taking two separate paths eventually. I think my favorite part of this mod is the big boom that happens on a trapped chest and the way it makes my companion kneel. 

That said I ahve had some minor issues. First beign that havign enemies agro me while getting tenta fucked can be annoying. The second and most important is that I have found that sometimes when the trap equips you with items they don't show up on the character. You have to unequip the item and requip it it get it to show. This seems to be especially the case with pony boots and harnesses.

Ideas... Its called deviously enchanted chests, how about some devious enchantments.

1. How about instead of her putting it on herself, a ghost comes out of the chest and puts it on you. You wouldn't need any fancy animations, just altered text and a ghost appearing... the ghost would then would disappear after attaching the items...

2. Random negative enchantments that hit you when you open some chests.

3. Shout traps, that throw you across the room, maybe even to your death... could be fun, as all nearby enemies hear it...

4. Conjured animals, when some chests opened. Imagine opening a chest, and a chaurus appears...

5. Magic traps, a faceful of fire or ice spells.

I use your mod all the time now, and I reckon a few additions could set it apart from the competition...

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, this mod if I have estrus chaurus installed and chance for tenacles set to max will impregnate the character too or just playing the tenacle animation?

It was not clear for me.

Yes -  the EC impregnation system is supported :)

You know I like both Cursed Loot and this mod. I can see them eventually taking two separate paths eventually. I think my favorite part of this mod is the big boom that happens on a trapped chest and the way it makes my companion kneel. 

That said I ahve had some minor issues. First beign that havign enemies agro me while getting tenta fucked can be annoying. The second and most important is that I have found that sometimes when the trap equips you with items they don't show up on the character. You have to unequip the item and requip it it get it to show. This seems to be especially the case with pony boots and harnesses.

I am working on stopping attacks with tentacles and think I am making progress.

I thought I had harnesses fixed - but apparently not!  Can you let me know which harnesses you see this and if it is always the case or just occasionally - and if possible the same info .for the pony boots please...

I love the idea of mixing DCL and estrus Mimics, but I would wish that more than just the tentacle version would be used. Estrus Mod has many, many more and equally awesome animations.

Edit:

Actually im having another issue:

Estrus option cant be activated, althoug I have estrus in skyrim installed and working.

Might it be incompatible with estrus mimics?

Haven't tested with Estrus Mimics - best suggestion is to uninstall both Mimics and dEC, clean save and then reinstall dEC - if it detects your Estrus installation and is happy you will get a "estrus traps added" message on install. 

I'm getting an issue where when it triggers and pulls one of my followers to enjoy the tentacles at the same time, when they finish with us the follower is completley locked.  She won't follow me and I can't talk to her.  It's happened with 2 followers now.  Anyone have any ideas?

I'm getting an issue where when it triggers and pulls one of my followers to enjoy the tentacles at the same time, when they finish with us the follower is completley locked.  She won't follow me and I can't talk to her.  It's happened with 2 followers now.  Anyone have any ideas?

I have only seen this once during testing and haven't been able to reproduce it.

When it happened in my test I used the console move the follower a short distance from where she was standing and then reset her AI and she started talking to me and acting normally again.

If anyone else has seen this issue or can shed any light on what causes it please let me know

So for the record:

This mod is NOT compatible with "Estrus Mimics". No big deal, just worth mentioning. If used together, enchanted Chest will not recognize Estrus being installed.

That said, I have another bug:

Even though Estrus is recognize by the mod, I set the chance for traps to 1000 in 1000 (I really would wish for a % based option, how amny in 1000 seems like.. really a stupid idea) and set the chance for estrus to 100% no chest will ever do anything.

Just a few things i've encountered in testing:

Even with settings at 1000 in 1000, sometimes the event won't fire.  However if I check that container again, it will.  The debug option seems to indicate that the container was never flagged as searched.

As for estrus, it works fine when I get hit by a chaurus, but I cant get it to work with this mod.  I just get a message that DD can't find any valid animations and will abort.

Just a few things i've encountered in testing:

Even with settings at 1000 in 1000, sometimes the event won't fire.  However if I check that container again, it will.  The debug option seems to indicate that the container was never flagged as searched.

As for estrus, it works fine when I get hit by a chaurus, but I cant get it to work with this mod.  I just get a message that DD can't find any valid animations and will abort.

Yep that is a bug, the first container after a load currently doesn't trigger the event unless you loot it twice - is fixed in the next update

If SSL is finding no valid animations then your Estrus setup is almost certainly the problem.  The mod doesn't handle or change animations at all - it just calls the anims installed by EC.

So for the record:

This mod is NOT compatible with "Estrus Mimics". No big deal, just worth mentioning. If used together, enchanted Chest will not recognize Estrus being installed.

That said, I have another bug:

Even though Estrus is recognize by the mod, I set the chance for traps to 1000 in 1000 (I really would wish for a % based option, how amny in 1000 seems like.. really a stupid idea) and set the chance for estrus to 100% no chest will ever do anything.

Set the debug option to on and see what the mod is doing when you loot the container - that might give us a clue.

1 in 1000 - 99 in 1000 is only a really stupid idea if you are happy with traps going of at a rate of 100 in 1000 or more!  ;)

So for all events to be possible. Could i use just estrus for skyrim or do i need chaurus +?

Chaurus+ is required for tentacle traps to be enabled

no its not.

"Estrusforskyrim" is required for the traps.

Chaurus+ is solely for the pregnancy and tentacles for chaurus creatures.

Chaurus+ also requires "EstrusForSkyrim" to work ;)

So for all events to be possible. Could i use just estrus for skyrim or do i need chaurus +?

Chaurus+ is required for tentacle traps to be enabled

no its not.

"Estrusforskyrim" is required for the traps.

Chaurus+ is solely for the pregnancy and tentacles for chaurus creatures.

Chaurus+ also requires "EstrusForSkyrim" to work ;)

I should of course be more precise...

Chaurus+ is required for tentacle traps to be function in the manner intended... :shy:

If DEC doesn't find EstrusChaurus.esp when installed then its Estrus trap option will be disabled.