What message are you seeing exactly? - if an Estrus trap has been triggered then you should not be seeing a dD error message as dEC will not be trying to equip any devious devices...

I've removed and reinstalled Estrus and Estrus Chaurus multiple times, but I still get the messages that there is an error with devious devices no valid animations are found (for when a tentacle should spawn)

Deviously Enchanted Chests V1.01
A minor update with some fixes!
Many thanks to Xaz for letting me use his Crowd AI Packages to handle attacks on tentacle victims.  :)

What's New in Version V1.01 (See full changelog)

• Enemies will stop attacking Tentacle victims until the tentacle attack is over - NPCs will watch & cheer, creatures and others will lose interest and wander off
  • Keys will not be added to empty containers/bodies
  • Keys will be removed from trapped containers when the trap is triggered if the player loses their keys
  • Numerous minor bug fixes

So I'm confused which of you two are correct when I read this thread. Is EstrusChaurus.esp (mod) required for the estrus traps to be triggered with Dev Ench Chests mod? yes, no, maybe  I already have estrus installed.  If estrus chaurus mod is required then the previous post to Bane was wrong, not inaccurate

Estrus for Skyrim on its own doesnt do anything but give you the animations.

Chaurus adds the Animation to the chaurus attacks + pregnant animations.

So for all events to be possible. Could i use just estrus for skyrim or do i need chaurus +?

Chaurus+ is required for tentacle traps to be enabled

----------------
to get estrus traps to work I guess I have to have estruschaurus installed and if that's true than I'll just try estrus mimic mod with my cursed loot I guess. You can set DevEnchChests to just estrus attack your character but if you have it set to attack everyone, then you're followers are likely to leave afterwards being upset so that's not too cool (blame estrus). it would be nice like someone said if more than just the tentacle estrus animation were used.

I tried your mod and encountered a problem with my first trap i've seen. I deactivated equiping chastity bras, because of personal preference, but I still got one equipped.

Thanks for the heads up... It would help to know if you can reproduce this problem multiple times.

I will have  a look at the code and see if I can spot a problem.

So I'm confused which of you two are correct when I read this thread. Is EstrusChaurus.esp (mod) required for the estrus traps to be triggered with Dev Ench Chests mod? yes, no, maybe  I already have estrus installed.  If estrus chaurus mod is required then the previous post to Bane was wrong, not inaccurate

Estrus for Skyrim on its own doesnt do anything but give you the animations.

Chaurus adds the Animation to the chaurus attacks + pregnant animations.

So for all events to be possible. Could i use just estrus for skyrim or do i need chaurus +?

Chaurus+ is required for tentacle traps to be enabled

----------------

to get estrus traps to work I guess I have to have estruschaurus installed and if that's true than I'll just try estrus mimic mod with my cursed loot I guess. You can set DevEnchChests to just estrus attack your character but if you have it set to attack everyone, then you're followers are likely to leave afterwards being upset so that's not too cool (blame estrus). it would be nice like someone said if more than just the tentacle estrus animation were used.

Indeed it would -  and I think I may have something that will interest you but I'm still working on it atm ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I would love this mod especially because of estrus, but actor events is a crime against a stable game, and for me it is a no go.I always install it and couple of days later my game hanging itself.

I would love to use your mod, but until actor events will be sorted or re-done it is not to touch..:s

You can switch actor events off (set to false) in the EC menu and DEC will still work!  The only issue you may have is that EC will sometimes forget that followers are pregnant with Chaurus eggs. :)

I would love this mod especially because of estrus, but actor events is a crime against a stable game, and for me it is a no go.I always install it and couple of days later my game hanging itself.

I would love to use your mod, but until actor events will be sorted or re-done it is not to touch.. :s

Seems great and all

Using it right now with cursed loot

Essentially... i think cursed loot goes first, then if cursed loot doesn't go off, dEC gives it a shot

Which i like

only problem is that for the dwemer traps, i noticed you're using the DD vibration sounds

it doesn't stop....

it keeps GOING AND GOING AND GOING even after animations are done and everything...

just making note of a potential issue

Seems great and all

Essentially... i think cursed loot goes first, then if cursed loot doesn't go off, dEC gives it a shot

Which i like

only problem is that for the dwemer traps, i noticed you're using the DD vibration sounds

it doesn't stop....

it keeps GOING AND GOING AND GOING even after animations are done and everything...

That is strange - the sound stop should happen at the end of the machine animation as the victim falls to the floor - at least it does in all my testing :blush:

Anyone else seeing this issue?

Would it be possible for this mod, not to use to sexlab voices but the EstrusforSkyrim ones instead?

Since there are (way more realistic IMHO and ) better voices for Estrus on Nexus than Sexlab has to offer, I would love to use them instead.

This is currently the only issue for me for not using this awesome mod.

I can't turn on the option for dwemer traps in the MCM menu. Does this have anything to do with my not having Estrus Chaurus+ installed?

Yes - Dwemer  traps use the same assets from EC so are not available unless EC is...

Thanks! I should check that out. 

YES!!!  Logged on today just to see if anyone had a fix for this, had it happen today.  First time getting a dwemer trap, happened in a mine and the sound continued even after I had exited the mine, traveled for an hour or so and entered Solitude.  I don't run any other mods that affect chests, barrels or sacks, only DEC.  

Seems great and all

Which i like

it doesn't stop....

That is strange - the sound stop should happen at the end of the machine animation as the victim falls to the floor - at least it does in all my testing :blush:

Anyone else seeing this issue?

The Estrus animations won't trigger for some reason, it just appears to kick up a lot of dust with no after effect and all  the enemies in the game won't attack after because broken trigger.

The EC tentacles don't trigger either and i'm trying to see if actually using the ZaZ animation patch file will help, because it's the only file I seem to have missed

edit: how long does the estrus chaurus take to register animations, because this option doesn't seem to work

Edited by erza321