I'm having problems getting the mod to work. when I go into the game it will say "Mod active" then "Go fix missing dependencies" then "mod inactive". I'm pretty sure I have all the programs required to run this mod, but as it stands I can't leave my player home without a game crash while this mod is on. I'm using the 206 version and ran Fnis after installing, so I'm not sure what else I'd need to do. Any help?

15 hours ago, kimmy1235 said:

I'm having problems getting the mod to work. when I go into the game it will say "Mod active" then "Go fix missing dependencies" then "mod inactive". I'm pretty sure I have all the programs required to run this mod, but as it stands I can't leave my player home without a game crash while this mod is on. I'm using the 206 version and ran Fnis after installing, so I'm not sure what else I'd need to do. Any help?

I'm currently having this exact same issue

On 4/22/2019 at 8:59 AM, kimmy1235 said:

So I seemed to have fixed the issue, a standard ID10T Error.  When I first installed the mod, I added and activated it from NMM and ran the game without first running FNIS.  Those same messages then popped up, and i was able to access MCM for the mod. Realizing my mistake, I then quit, and ran FNIS without a reinstall of the mod.  Any save I made after that point would CTD on load, and any save before that point still loaded fine.

I was able to get the mod to load without the "missing dependencies" message by first Uninstalling/Deleting it from the load order completely, then reinstalling it, running FNIS, and booting the game from a save before the mod was installed.  It seems to be stable now, but I will report back if anything happens.

• 1 month later...

I have spent a lot of time getting this mod working with the suggested addons and I can't get I'll Take The Display Model 206 working at all no matter what I try.  I have the following mods installed:
EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon v1.3.7z
pahe_lives_on-7.3.0-no addons_install.7z
Fuz Ro Doh 61-14884-6-1.7z
PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.20.7z
UIExtensions v1-2-0-57046-1-2-0.7z
display-model-v206.zip

I also have all the other ones installed like SkyUI, SKSE, FNIS 7.4.5, RaceMenu, SexLab162, ZaZ CBBE HDTV8.0+ etc.

All the mods work perfectly as far as I can tell except for I'll take the display model 206.  I have the same issue of crafting the amulet of control and when I put it in my inventory everybody has the "[DM2] Come with me..." dialog option, but it does nothing and talking to the slave again after choosing this option also doesn't give any more dialog options.

I tried moving around the dcc-dm2.esp file as well as the other paradise halls esps and they still don't make the dialog work.  I tried moving the UIExtensions.esp as well (as it needs to be above dcc-dm2.esp) and nothing works.

I also have an issue where 99% of the time my followers, when they get into the bdsm equipment by them just wandering around randomly (sandboxing feature I think it's called) from hearthfire dungeon addon mod (the ones you can choose from the walls like the X) they are usually to the left of it, to the right of it, or their arms are embedded within it.  So my follower can randomly use the equipment but my slaves never do.

I have the dungeon set up with a home cell from home sweet home mod.  When they are under PAH control or HSH control, they never get into the equipment part of this mod, they just ignore it.

All I need is to be able to easily put the slaves into whatever devices are part of this mod and make them stay there and also be properly positioned on the equipment.  Right now I get them to follow me using a non DM2 option but they stay far back from where I am so it's a lot of work to try and get them near a device but when I do, every time I tell them to get on the nearest TOY with the dialog they always go to the wall and make a chain appear or if they are near the middle of the room will tie themselves up on the floor but they never use the equipment spawned in using the wall icons.

Can someone please help me, I have read the support forums for all these mods, red their main pages, changed loading order, followed what others posted and nothing works.  All these mods look amazing especially this one but if I can't reliably get the slaves to use them and stay in them it's not worth it.  I can see the great care and love that went into this mod and it looks so amazing.

I also found a post saying to get this to work all you need is the following 3 mods which I have and it's not working even when I move the display model before the 2 esps from pahe_lives_on.
pahe_lives_on-7.3.0-no addons_install.7z
PAH_HomeSweetHome_1.20.7z
display-model-v206.zip

Also I'm using Mod Organizer.

Can someone also provide me with their mod organizer mod list order and the esp, esm etc load order as well.

Thanks

The only thing that ever works with this mod is seeing the "[DM2] Come with me..." when the amulet of control is in inventory but it never does anything on any NPC ever.  They don't follow and no new dialog options ever appear.  Can someone help with this?  The mod is the last one in the load order and I checked the instructions many times, tried many things and searched for answers and nothing works.  I really need a mod that can put unlimited numbers of NPCs on furniture permanently and easily.

I have been having an issue that at least appears to be between Display Model and Billyy's SLAL pack.  Down to almost no more mods than required, I can only get one to work at a time otherwise my game will CTD on a new game/using coc command, during the loading screen.  I've gone through the thread and can't find anything similar, so if there's any idea how to work around this I'd appreciate it.  Or just tell me where I'm making a mistake.

23 minutes ago, koishii said:

I have been having an issue that at least appears to be between Display Model and Billyy's SLAL pack.  Down to almost no more mods than required, I can only get one to work at a time otherwise my game will CTD on a new game/using coc command, during the loading screen.  I've gone through the thread and can't find anything similar, so if there's any idea how to work around this I'd appreciate it.  Or just tell me where I'm making a mistake.

Resources, evidently when both are loaded you run out.  You probably haven't installed Crash Fixes and/or an ENB or the ENBOOST code.

Using an ENB or ENBOOST allows all of the textures used by the game to be loaded into a 64bit ENB memory space greatly reducing the memory management use and overhead in the Skyrim.exe code which is much more limited by the 32bit memory space it has.

Crash fixes does just that, it provides fixes for several know crash causes but pay attention to the things it says there, it references other fixes you will find useful.

1 hour ago, koishii said:

New game/coc qasmoke crashing means you have too many animations installed and have overloaded the Skyrim engine.  FNIS XXL will allow you to install more animations than the game can handle - you need to reduce how many animations you have installed.

Display Model and Billyy's SLAL (if you install all the options) have a *lot* of animations.  You can check your FNIS log to see which of your mods are installing the most animations to help you decide.

2 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Can anybody help with getting this mod working?

Should work right away if you have the requirements installed.

So far I never saw it conflicting with other mods.

If you use it with PAHE HSH be sure you install the right patches during install for use with HSH.

Maybe you missed this too:

If you want to control NPCs with DM2 you need to wear the amulet of control (or have it in inventory)

If you want to get your PC into DM2 furniture you need to use the amulet of repose (forgot the right name?)

you can craft them or grab them with additemenu or console

15 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Should work right away if you have the requirements installed.

So far I never saw it conflicting with other mods.

If you use it with PAHE HSH be sure you install the right patches during install for use with HSH.

Maybe you missed this too:

If you want to control NPCs with DM2 you need to wear the amulet of control (or have it in inventory)

If you want to get your PC into DM2 furniture you need to use the amulet of repose (forgot the right name?)

you can craft them or grab them with additemenu or console

Thanks for the reply.  I have installed the correct patches I believe.  I also used the amulet of control if you look at the details in my previous posts.  Not sure what's going on.

Are you saying it works for you right now with the latest PAHE and HSH?

I don't need the original PAHE from nexus it seems as that's older, just the expanded version ( pahe_lives_on-7.3.0-no addons_install.7z ) is that correct?

If I'll take the display model works, does it work to pose an unlimited number of NPCs?

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

Are you saying it works for you right now with the latest PAHE and HSH?

yes ^^

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

I don't need the original PAHE from nexus it seems as that's older, just the expanded version ( pahe_lives_on-7.3.0-no addons_install.7z ) is that correct?

hell no, why would you even think that, don't use the Nexus version,

only use the the files from the LL PAHE page (same is true for ZAZ)

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

If I'll take the display model works, does it work to pose an unlimited number of NPCs?

I can't tell,

guess the more NPCs you put into DM2 furniture (or control via PAHE) the less stable it gets depending on your setup

my PAHE related mods look like this:

* 12  ZaZAnimationPack.esm => 8+

* 15  paradise_halls.esm => main file

* 16  Heretical Resources.esm => optional for HSH features, rather experimental

* 93  dcc-dm2.esp => you are here

* 98  SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp => optional for slave whores
* 99  TDF_AP_IndHookersPlug_In.esp => optional for TDF AP, not needed for PAHE related mods I guess
* 9A  paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp => what was that for again? ?
* 9B  pahe-tdf-patch.esp => PAHE patch for TDF AP
* 9C  Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp => optional PAHE patch for the devious dwarven suit and DDiax patch
* 9D  PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp => slave control at home, quest, more dialog options
* 9E  PAH_AndYouGetASlave.esp => sell your slaves to anyone or start a brothel (don't overdo it, runs many active scripts)

* B8  PetCollar.esp => optional, easy way to get your slaves busy if DDiax is installed

* DE  EtR_HearthfireDungeonAddon.esp => you know that one already

optional for furniture:

> zaz furniture helper (on LL)

> cell builder (on nexus) + jaxonz positioner (on nexus)

2 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

yes ^^

I can't tell,

guess the more NPCs you put into DM2 furniture (or control via PAHE) the less stable it gets depending on your setup

* 99  TDF_AP_IndHookersPlug_In.esp => optional for TDF AP, not needed for PAHE related mods I guess
* 9C  Pahe_Dwarven_Devious_suits.esp => optional PAHE patch for the devious dwarven suit and DDiax patch
* 9D  PAH_HomeSweetHome.esp => slave control at home, quest, more dialog options
* 9E  PAH_AndYouGetASlave.esp => sell your slaves to anyone or start a brothel (don't overdo it, runs many active scripts)

* B8  PetCollar.esp => optional, easy way to get your slaves busy if DDiax is installed

optional for furniture:

That is the same as what I have except I had Etr_HearthfireDungeonAddon.esp above paradise_halls_SLExtension.esp.  I will try moving below though I think that I tried that before but who knows.  In theory it shouldn't matter.

I also don't have a lot of the optional mods you have installed like:

SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp => optional for slave whores
99  TDF_AP_IndHookersPlug_In.esp => optional for TDF AP, not needed for PAHE related mods I guess

I also have a "paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp" which is provided by PAHE.  Any reason why you don't have it?

There is also an issue with the spit roast furniture in the dungeon addon mod (might be an issue with the original furniture or just the one in the dungeon addon mod not sure).  The issue is that when you tell get an nps to use it via ZAP 8 Helper Addon 1.0.2 (likely same issue with other ways of getting npcs to use it as well), they go on correctly but their invisible body is also on the floor to the left side of the furniture and if you point to it it will say the npc name and if you walk over it your character/followers will levitate into the air (presumably standing on the invisible body).

Do you know of a way to get NPCs to play any animation eg. dance animations?  Is there a good mod for this that adds a spell or something?

9 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

yes ^^

I can't tell,

optional for furniture:

Thanks for the help,  the  mod now seems to mostly work.  It seems like it was because dcc-dm2.esp had to be above pahe and hearthfiredungeon had to be below pahe (one or both of these seems to have fixed it).

HOWEVER many of the animations don't work.

most of Misc Dungeon doesn't work

Spit Roast doesn't work at all

Rope doesn't work at all

DM2 none of the poses/animations work

Can't get the NPCs onto some of the existing furniture in hearthfire dungeon addon with this.  Nothing in DM2 gets them on it, and if i bring them to it, and say get on the nearest toy, they don't do anything either for many of the furniture, but it does work for some.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

HOWEVER many of the animations don't work.

most of Misc Dungeon doesn't work

Spit Roast doesn't work at all

Rope doesn't work at all

DM2 none of the poses/animations work 

I never saw your LO or FNIS output

so I can only guess:

> FNIS not the right patches ticked

> not using the right skeleton (XPMSE)

> FNIS not run on your new LO

> not started a new game for a test

> FNIS error ignored

> conflicting zaz related mods installed, like multiple versions of zaz or zep with newer zap 8+

> mixing SE and LE animations

and make sure you have the requirements of your mods

DM2:

SKSE 1.7.3 or newer.

ZaZ Animation Pack 6.1 or newer.

UIExtensions (not, Extended UI).

SexLab 1.6 or newer.

FNIS 5.4 OR NEWER AND THEN RUN IT AFTER INSTALLING DM2.

Racemen 3.4 OR NiOverride 3.4

8 hours ago, llvv11 said:

I also have a "paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp" which is provided by PAHE.  Any reason why you don't have it?

it just adds collars, a spell, whip and ingredients to farengar's study

you can get all those via additem menu or crafting

to save an esp slot I deleted the esp

11 hours ago, llvv11 said:

unlimited number of NPC

not sure why you need unlimited numbers, get your game stable first

you can control about 70+ slaves with PAHE, that what I saw on the PAHE main page at least (highest number I ever had was about 50)

with DM2 I never had more than 10 slaves in furniture at a time

my issue was that my game became unstable quickly with too many slaves or DM2 controlled NPCs,

maybe I also used too many HDT devices on them

8 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Do you know of a way to get NPCs to play any animation eg. dance animations?  Is there a good mod for this that adds a spell or something?

for the dancing I use TDF A-Prostitution

some ZAZ8+ furniture offers dancing animation too

there is a dancing mod here on LL

3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

I never saw your LO or FNIS output

so I can only guess:

> FNIS not the right patches ticked

> not using the right skeleton (XPMSE)

> FNIS not run on your new LO

> not started a new game for a test

> FNIS error ignored

> conflicting zaz related mods installed, like multiple versions of zaz or zep with newer zap 8+

> mixing SE and LE animations

and make sure you have the requirements of your mods

DM2:

SKSE 1.7.3 or newer.

ZaZ Animation Pack 6.1 or newer.

UIExtensions (not, Extended UI).

SexLab 1.6 or newer.

FNIS 5.4 OR NEWER AND THEN RUN IT AFTER INSTALLING DM2.

Racemen 3.4 OR NiOverride 3.4

it just adds collars, a spell, whip and ingredients to farengar's study

you can get all those via additem menu or crafting

to save an esp slot I deleted the esp

not sure why you need unlimited numbers, get your game stable first

you can control about 70+ slaves with PAHE, that what I saw on the PAHE main page at least (highest number I ever had was about 50)

with DM2 I never had more than 10 slaves in furniture at a time

my issue was that my game became unstable quickly with too many slaves or DM2 controlled NPCs,

maybe I also used too many HDT devices on them

for the dancing I use TDF A-Prostitution

some ZAZ8+ furniture offers dancing animation too

there is a dancing mod here on LL

Thanks for the help.  I have double checked the requirements many times so I should be good on all those, right versions and all of the ones you listed (including XPMSE).  Though I did do a quick test and didn't run FNIS after enabling DM2.  Why would that break only some ZAZ/ZAP furniture though as I did run FNIS for those in the past before enabling DM2 now and I was testing ZAP/ZAZ furniture?  I will have try re-running FNIS though, that might fix it though it doesn't make complete sense as i ran FNIS before DM2 and I'm trying a ZAZ/ZAP furniture and animation.

Can you explain ZAZ and ZAP as it seems like ZAZ is an animation pack and ZAP is a type of furniture but it's included in ZAZ.

I have no errors in FNIS.

what do you mean by "conflicting zaz related mods installed, like multiple versions of zaz or zap with newer zap 8+ "?  I have ZAZ animation pack 8+ and ZAP 8 helper addon (to get NPC into furniture but it only works for 1 NPC) I used the addon as DM2 didn't work at the time.  I don't have duplicates of ZAZ or ZAP.

How many esp slots can you have?  You said you didn't include the "paradise_halls_farengars_study.esp" because of the limit.

How did you game become unstable with many npcs on furniture, what were the symptoms?

So TDF A-Prostitution lets you apply animations to NPCs via a spell?  I think that mod adds a lot more.  Is there a way to just apply an animation without all the other bloat if you don't want that functionality?  I'm mostly talking about poses and all animation from ZAZ, not just dancing.  Is there a way to just select them from a menu like add item or DM2 animations?

Thanks

9 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Thanks for the help.  I have double checked the requirements many times so I should be good on all those, right versions and all of the ones you listed (including XPMSE).  Though I did do a quick test and didn't run FNIS after enabling DM2.  Why would that break only some ZAZ/ZAP furniture though as I did run FNIS for those in the past before enabling DM2 now and I was testing ZAP/ZAZ furniture?  I will have try re-running FNIS though, that might fix it though it doesn't make complete sense as i ran FNIS before DM2 and I'm trying a ZAZ/ZAP furniture and animation.

Just run FNIS after every change of your LO (adding/removing/moving of mods (that add animations) or adding/modifying bodyslide).

If you want to learn how FNIS works, then start research/reading about the mechanics

for now: run FNIS after editing your LO, always

it will become routine and is a great way to check how many animations you have installed (most setups have a limit of 10k-15k animations before CTD)

also good way to check for errors if mod weren't installed right or if there are warnings

Can you explain ZAZ and ZAP as it seems like ZAZ is an animation pack and ZAP is a type of furniture but it's included in ZAZ.

ZAZ = ZAP

ZaZ & XaZ started the madness I guess and ZAP just means ZAZ animation pack

there is a ZEP around too (it was awesome, but didn't get updated)

gives zaz furniture more effects/animations, but isn't realy compatible with zaz 8+, also confusing file names in download)

I have no errors in FNIS.

if you don't run FNIS you won't see any errors ;D

what do you mean by "conflicting zaz related mods installed, like multiple versions of zaz or zap with newer zap 8+ "?  I have ZAZ animation pack 8+ and ZAP 8 helper addon (to get NPC into furniture but it only works for 1 NPC) I used the addon as DM2 didn't work at the time.  I don't have duplicates of ZAZ or ZAP.

then you understood my question right

needed to be sure that you don't have multiple versions of zaz installed

=> because I can't see your LO I can only guess

How many esp slots can you have?

255 esp/esm (plugins) can be installed max, better stay below 254

creating a batch patch (for patches) or merging mods can reduce the number of plugins

How did you game become unstable with many npcs on furniture, what were the symptoms?

mostly just CTD,

more related to the managed NPCs (and the different mods I have installed that run on them)

not related to the number of NPCs on furniture (I hope)

So TDF A-Prostitution lets you apply animations to NPCs via a spell?  I think that mod adds a lot more.  Is there a way to just apply an animation without all the other bloat if you don't want that functionality?  I'm mostly talking about poses and all animation from ZAZ, not just dancing.  Is there a way to just select them from a menu like add item or DM2 animations?

TDF Prostitution adds the dancing via dialog if the NPC is a TDF whore

Sure, TDF adds more than just dancing ^^

Try SUM (Skyrim Utility mod) on LL for triggering zaz animations on PC/NPCs, it adds menus like DM2

or the mod "poser hotkeys" on nexus to play any animations you have installed (but is has not the fancy SUM menu)

Running FNIS fixed all the animations, DM2 and the other ones that weren't working.

There is still a problem of the npc not getting on some furniture in hearthfire dungeon addon like the spit roast.  I get them to move there (teleport them though MCM menus or using DM2) but then when I tell them I'm going to tie you up then let's get you onto one of these toys they just stand there or walk away.  Any fix for this?  The only way I was able to get them to use some of the furniture in dungeon added was using the ZAP 8 Helper Addon 1.0.2 but that only works for 1 npc at a time so is not a good solution now.  Are you able to get them to use the spit roast that's already in the dungeon addon, as well as the mount on the back wall and the area with the spikes coming up and down on both sides of the room beside the chairs/bed?

as always, no errors in FNIS, about 3k animations total.

can you try using the whip on an NPC managed by HSH without telling them they will be whipped and then doing it for about 30 seconds - 1 minute clicking continuously really fast?  Even with breaks from clicking the game just CTD after about 30 seconds - 1 minute.  If you tell them they will be whipped first I think it's more stable or maybe there are no issues at all, if you don't you get CTD.

The load order fix that got DM2 to work was changing the load order so dcc-dm2.esp had to be above pahe and hearthfiredungeon had to be below pahe.  This was not listed on any of the mod pages and the hearthfire dungeon addon developer said that where their mod is should not matter.  Is there any logical reason how one can figure this out or is it pure trial and error?

can you try using the whip on an NPC managed by HSH without telling them they will be whipped and then doing it for about 30 seconds - 1 minute clicking continuously really fast?  Even with breaks from clicking the game just CTD after about 30 seconds - 1 minute.  If you tell them they will be whipped first I think it's more stable or maybe there are no issues at all, if you don't you get CTD.

never tried that and I don't see much sense in it, especially doing it for over 30 sec. ^^

If you whip the slave without using the punishment dialog it won't registered as punishment by pahe, it will only a regular attack aginst a friendly NPC.

Because the slave is forced by PAHE to be friendly you might get a conflict.

If it's a bug you could report that on the PAHE topic.

The load order fix that got DM2 to work was changing the load order so dcc-dm2.esp had to be above pahe and hearthfiredungeon had to be below pahe.  This was not listed on any of the mod pages and the hearthfire dungeon addon developer said that where their mod is should not matter.  Is there any logical reason how one can figure this out or is it pure trial and error?

As far as I understood it you moved dcc-dm2.esp, ETR dungeon and forgot to run FNIS again.

Hard to tell what exactly solved your issue now.

Theoretical it should not matter where your ETR dungeon is in your LO, because it adds furniture and more rooms to HF homes.

That means also moving it down in your LO lets ETR dungeons overwrite modifications of any other mods that modify HF homes.

In my case it is last, because I moved it below bash patch to prevent bash patch errors.

To sort my load order I do:

> remember the last mod wins and does the modification you see later in game  (that's even true inside merges and can be circumvented for LVL lists by bash patch)

> check how modders sorted the masters in their mods via wrye bash

> sort them depending on what they do or what they relay on (just logical thinking as far as that helps with skyrim):

for example:

DM2 is not related to something else, can be high in LO

HSH is realted to PAHE so I move it below any PAHE related mod (esm, patches for example)

HSH also can use DM2 so I move DM2 above HSH so it will be loaded before HSH and can be found by HSH

than I add AYGAS below HSH and PAHE because it's related to both

if you have two mods that modify the same I move the mod I want to win lower in LO

Schema 1:

mod 1

patch for 1

patch for 1

mod 2 that needs or relays on mod 1

patch for mod 2

mod 3 that needs or relays on mod 1 & 2

patch for mod 3

patch for mod 2 & 3

Schema 2:

mod 1 modifies all plate armor

patch 1

mod 2 modifies all plate armor

patch 2

to let mod 1 win the conflict, because both do the same:

mod 2

patch 2

mod 1

patch 1

> loooots of try and error

Alternatives:

> you can check with TESVEdit (xEdit) for conflicts and choose what mod should win a conflict by moving it down in the load order, below the conflicting mod

> if your new to modding and you can't get your LO stable, then use LOOT to sort your LO to get a basic stability

after that sort the LO manually for those mods LOOT can sort right, because it doesn't know what your goal is ingame with those added mods

it just sorts the mods so you don't get a conflicts that create CTD ingame

37 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

never tried that and I don't see much sense in it, especially doing it for over 30 sec. ^^

If you whip the slave without using the punishment dialog it won't registered as punishment by pahe, it will only a regular attack aginst a friendly NPC.

Because the slave is forced by PAHE to be friendly you might get a conflict.

If it's a bug you could report that on the PAHE topic.

As far as I understood it you moved dcc-dm2.esp, ETR dungeon and forgot to run FNIS again.

Hard to tell what exactly solved your issue now.

Theoretical it should not matter where your ETR dungeon is in your LO, because it adds furniture and more rooms to HF homes.

That means also moving it down in your LO lets ETR dungeons overwrite modifications of any other mods that modify HF homes.

In my case it is last, because I moved it below bash patch to prevent bash patch errors.

> remember the last mod wins and does the modification you see later in game  (that's even true inside merges and can be circumvented for LVL lists by bash patch)

> sort them depending on what they do or what they relay on (just logical thinking as far as that helps with skyrim):

for example:

HSH is realted to PAHE so I move it below any PAHE related mod (esm, patches for example)

HSH also can use DM2 so I move DM2 above HSH so it will be loaded before HSH and can be found by HSH

if you have two mods that modify the same I move the mod I want to win lower in LO

Schema 1:

mod 1

patch for 1

patch for 1

mod 2 that needs or relays on mod 1

patch for mod 2

mod 3 that needs or relays on mod 1 & 2

patch for mod 3

patch for mod 2 & 3

Schema 2:

mod 1 modifies all plate armor

patch 1

mod 2 modifies all plate armor

patch 2

to let mod 1 win the conflict, because both do the same:

mod 2

patch 2

mod 1

patch 1

> loooots of try and error

Alternatives:

> you can check with TESVEdit (xEdit) for conflicts and choose what mod should win a conflict by moving it down in the load order, below the conflicting mod

> if your new to modding and you can't get your LO stable, then use LOOT to sort your LO to get a basic stability

after that sort the LO manually for those mods LOOT can sort right, because it doesn't know what your goal is ingame with those added mods

it just sorts the mods so you don't get a conflicts that create CTD ingame

The 30 seconds was just a suggestion to make sure the test is proper.  The CTD happened probably after less time but I didn't time it.  The idea was to try it for at least 30 seconds to see if the issue can be reproduced.

I didn't forget to run FNIS again.  this is what happened:

-did a lot of testing with mod order, esp order trying to get DM2 to work and ran FNIS when doing this testing but couldn't get DM2 to work aside from showing the first dialog option but nothing after that.  This didn't work so i disabled DM2 and ran FNIS again to get my game in a good state without this mod and loaded a save prior to enabling it in the first place.  So at this point my game is in a good state without DM2 and FNIS updated.

then I got some feedback from you and did the following

-enabled DM2

-changed my load order to match yours.  The only changes were to change the load order so dcc-dm2.esp had was above pahe and hearthfiredungeon was below pahe (didn't run FNIS because it was a quick test and I forgot DM2 adds animations and you only need to run FNIS if a mod adds or changes animations)

-loaded game, added amulet of control and dialog options worked past the first dialog, everything was good with DM2 from what I could tell except some animations didn't work

-you suggested running FNIS

-ran FNIS and all animations from DM2 dialog worked so DM2 is in a good state now as far as I can tell

There is no confusion on what got this working.

Just changing the load order of 2 mods got DM2 working, that's it.  That is why this is confusing, because nobody says that they have a dependency and that they should be in a particular order.  Just moving the LO of these two mods got it working.

The animations not all working was because FNIS was not run, forgot a step.  This however was NOT needed to fix the DM2 dialogs appearing in the first place, that was fixed by the above LO steps.

What is bash patch?

for example:

This is what I do as well and it's usually intuitive, but in this case it was not so intuitive.  It doesn't say anywhere on the main HSH page (and I checked again to make sure) that HSH uses DM2.  Just that it's an optional mod that works well with HSH.  If this was stated somewhere I would have put DM2 above HSH.  Same thing with the dungeon addon.  It's an independent mod form DM2, it's LO with respect to DM2 should not matter.  So in the end it's just trial and error?

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

So in the end it's just trial and error?

for me it was for sure at the beginning + LOOT to get my chaos stable

now it's still try and error for new mods, betas, or mod packets you can never be sure what's all in them, mods with chaotic file names, mods with chaotic main pages, hidden patches in topics...

after a while you know what the mods are doing in-game, that helps to decide where they should go into the load order or if they should be in your LO at all.

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

It doesn't say anywhere on the main HSH page (and I checked again to make sure) that HSH uses DM2.

this are the optional mods for HSH from the main page:

Optional / recommended:

• FNIS Spells (see the files section) - without this, slaves won't dance or pose => this might be of interest for you if you haven't installed FNIS spells already
  • SerialStrip - undress your slaves one garment at a time, animated
  • TDF Prostitution - pimp out your house slaves to visitors
  • And You Get a Slave! - sell your surplus slaves to townsfolk for fun and profit
  • Heretical Resources - Add HDT-enabled chains to the game, usable by HSH slaves
  • Flimsy Ragdolls - Improves the way slaves hang in their HDT chains. Recommended if you use Heretical Resources
  • I'll take the Display Model - Adds awesome new bondage equipment that can and will be used by HSH slaves
  • ZaZ Extension Pack - Additional nice torture equipment that you can place and your slave can use
  • Tara's Ultimate Furniture Pack - More excellent torture equipment for you to use.
  • SlaveLight - Have your slaves carry a (working) light for you.
  • Interactive BDSM - Makes Zaz Furnitures more interactive with animations

also you can see in-game via the HSH MCM to what mods HSH connects and during installation you have a FOMOD that show what patches are possible.

It takes a while to get used to requirements and optional mods.

Especially if optional requirements aren't compatible to each other anymore, means you get conflicts if you install them all at once, depending on your setup.

No one said it's easy^^

1 hour ago, llvv11 said:

Just changing the load order of 2 mods got DM2 working, that's it

yes, that means:

> it's working now because you moved DM2

> it's working now because you moved ETR dungeons

means there is a good chance that moving DM2 helped because it is related to HSH

means maybe moving ETR dungeons doesn't had an effect at all

ETR dungeon can conflict also with any mod that changes HF player homes, so moving it below those would help too (or above, depending what mod you want to win)

edit: while your LO grows you might want to check also if you have a good basic setup for modding, to prevent memory related CTDs

the more stable your game gets the easier it is to find real causes for lags and CTDs

Basically adding skse memory patch, crash fixes, ENBoost can help with that: a short overview

for me it was for sure at the beginning + LOOT to get my chaos stable

now it's still try and error for new mods, betas, or mod packets you can never be sure what's all in them, mods with chaotic file names, mods with chaotic main pages, hidden patches in topics...

after a while you know what the mods are doing in-game, that helps to decide where they should go into the load order or if they should be in your LO at all.

this are the optional mods for HSH from the main page:

Optional / recommended:

• FNIS Spells (see the files section) - without this, slaves won't dance or pose => this might be of interest for you if you haven't installed FNIS spells already
  • SerialStrip - undress your slaves one garment at a time, animated
  • TDF Prostitution - pimp out your house slaves to visitors
  • And You Get a Slave! - sell your surplus slaves to townsfolk for fun and profit
  • Heretical Resources - Add HDT-enabled chains to the game, usable by HSH slaves
  • Flimsy Ragdolls - Improves the way slaves hang in their HDT chains. Recommended if you use Heretical Resources
  • I'll take the Display Model - Adds awesome new bondage equipment that can and will be used by HSH slaves
  • ZaZ Extension Pack - Additional nice torture equipment that you can place and your slave can use
  • Tara's Ultimate Furniture Pack - More excellent torture equipment for you to use.
  • SlaveLight - Have your slaves carry a (working) light for you.
  • Interactive BDSM - Makes Zaz Furnitures more interactive with animations

also you can see in-game via the HSH MCM to what mods HSH connects and during installation you have a FOMOD that show what patches are possible.

It takes a while to get used to requirements and optional mods.

Especially if optional requirements aren't compatible to each other anymore, means you get conflicts if you install them all at once, depending on your setup.

No one said it's easy^^

I did see it in the optional section as I mentioned in my original comment:

"This is what I do as well and it's usually intuitive, but in this case it was not so intuitive.  It doesn't say anywhere on the main HSH page (and I checked again to make sure) that HSH uses DM2.  Just that it's an optional mod that works well with HSH."

However it doesn't say that it needs to be in a certain order to work and it says the mod is optional.  Optional logically means install it after the other mod as it's not needed by the main mod so order shouldn't matter.  As you say, it's not easy lol.  I'm good at getting all this to work, but once in a while you hit a strange one and this was one of those lol.  Thanks for the help.

yes, that means:

> it's working now because you moved DM2

> it's working now because you moved ETR dungeons

means there is a good chance that moving DM2 helped because it is related to HSH

means maybe moving ETR dungeons doesn't had an effect at all

ETR dungeon can conflict also with any mod that changes HF player homes, so moving it below those would help too (or above, depending what mod you want to win)

Yes it would conflict with any mod that changes HF player homes, but I don't have any of those and I also only moved the mods around in load order between the ones we are talking about here.  Ie. I had HSH, DM2, PAHE, and DunegonAddon all loaded beside each other in the list of mods/esps so there were no other mods that had their load order changed, but you make a good point, that for other setups this could be a factor as well.

edit: while your LO grows you might want to check also if you have a good basic setup for modding, to prevent memory related CTDs

the more stable your game gets the easier it is to find real causes for lags and CTDs

Basically adding skse memory patch, crash fixes, ENBoost can help with that: a short overview

I came across these but aside from the normals SKSE, XPMS skeleton, ENB, FNIS, RACEMENU, SKY UI, Extended UI etc I haven't dabbled with the crash fixes aside from the unofficial patches.

Which ones do you recommend?

Getting back to something I asked a while ago, are you able to get the spit roast and wall mount working from dungeons addon?  I was not able to get those to work at all by using HSH, PAHE and DM2 functionality.  I had to resort to ZAP 8 helper addon but that has the limitation of only one NPC at a time.  Can you test this and let me know how you are able to get them to use those two furnitures?

21 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Which ones do you recommend? 

all of them!

If we still speak about the same: VRAM (ENBoost), RAM (SKSE or Crash Fixes) and String Count (Crash Fixes)

If you use already an ENB, then ENBoost isn't needed.

If you use SKSE, make sure you have a fitting SKSE.ini (doesn't get generated automatically)

But that hasn't anything to do with DM2 anymore.

21 hours ago, llvv11 said:

Optional logically means install it after the other mod as it's not needed by the main mod so order shouldn't matter.

You just made that definition up =D

And if it comes to FOMOD installers that automatically detect what you have installed it isn't even logical anymore.

Basically your optional mod becomes a requirement on your load order if the main mod connects to it.