What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

1 hour ago, stingray1995 said:

The new regime on the fucking Nexus has made the site so bad that it has extended to MO - I can't even check for updates anymore.  That site was always bad on bogged down weekends, but now?

Am I the only one being bothered by this?  There has to be some complaints out there; Nexus has truly gone to the dogs.  Why can't we just go back to how it was in 2014?

Fucking "progression" at its finest.

There are multiple threads dedicated to complaining about it, including one which was titled 'R.I.P. Nexus'. 

4 hours ago, FauxFurry said:

There are multiple threads dedicated to complaining about it, including one which was titled 'R.I.P. Nexus'. 

5 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Thing is complaining about the Nexus won't change anything, they do what they wanna and even staunch followers of the site know this.

Best you can hope for is they notice earnings going down and decide to not be shit for a few days tbh.

I'm certain you're not the only one bothered by it but most people are just used to it.

I very rarely go on there, like once every few weeks I grab mod updates for games that don't get MO support and fuck off.

Edit: More on topic, and a bit of an echo of something I said a while ago...

Men(and women with penises that shoot goo properly), please warn your partner when you're about to cum.

It's not an exact science to feel it out with just body language.

Do you have ANY idea how hard it is to clean cum off your hair!?

Fuck.

So much for "Forever Free."

They currently make the bug-spray I can afford, last around five minutes.

It works, bugs die, but their progeny lives on (and on)

and on.

It's not as though other places don't have better tasting food than "ashtray" and "wall".

You'd think they'd get a clue, but no, generations follow the shit left by previous regimes.

I spray random areas of my mostly-clean desk and the tiny ones still come at me.

I keep thinking of a game I used to play ("bioshock infinite"?) that has an npc saying "You got to pick them by the roots" just before she's killed.

Bah.

Squish, destroy, spray, they always come back, and with my soundbar here and my new keyboard coming, I worry they'll eat it like all the other electronics I've had in the past.

They ate a microwave, a laser printer.

They only damaged my TV.

But you don't believe that, do you?

Professional bug killers don't do diddly except cull a few doddering ones.

*nothing* works (for longer than a few minutes.)

Bait, you say?

They turn those things into condos.

When/if my keyboard gets here, the new-smell will attract them and when I start missing letters, you'll know why.

PS I've heard of "bug bombs" destroying houses, but I wonder if they kill bugs?

1 hour ago, megamantaray said:

This upsets me greatly.

Reveal hidden contents

FB_IMG_1578421810936.jpg

I don't give a shit about it having a rainbow on it, that's hilariously irrelevant.

I hate that cities contract people specifically to inconvenience homeless people this way and other really dumb ways.

What in fuck's name is "neo-liberalism"?  As if being a Liberal isn't irritatingly progressive enough, they have to add a 'neo' and an 'ism' to it?  Is this supposed to make 'being a frail and sensitive sheep who takes everything in this country for granted' sound more sophisticated?

I wonder, are these people aware of how even more pathetic this stuff makes them?  We're already all embodied with the same weakness and decay underneath it all; why add to that fact?

I say to people in America:  be thankful you can simply wake up in the morning without the fear of disembowelment or decapitation, or both! 

The power grid in this country is so flimsy and inadequately maintained, it will definitely be the thing that gets us.  I'm just trying to picture what happens when it all goes offline here:  The disarray - the dangerous onset of boredom from lack of constructive thought - the stampedes.  People aren't capable of surviving without their faces buried in electronic devices anymore.

"Uh-oh, no more social media... no more texting and placating the sorry excuses that I feel compelled by society's great standards to call "friends"... no more glorifying myself to appeal to the base ego that I'm too oblivious to even recognize... panic time!"

From a Darwinian perspective, our entire spinal structure will eventually reflect this; we'll all be hunched over, dimwitted and decrepit again, just as our ancestors were.

51 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

As per the thread title:

Rebels without a clue.

Papers without words, butterflies without wings, flying saucers tinted yellow, brick houses with broken dreams.?

I like making vague statements to assert my intellectual dominance, it makes me seem pretty smart but also it helps with my stutter.

Side note: My stupid cyclops ass ramming my toe into the same corner of the coffee table twice within the space of an hour.

21 minutes ago, megamantaray said:

Side note: My stupid cyclops ass ramming my toe into the same corner of the coffee table twice within the space of an hour.

Ironically, I did the same thing to the bony top of my hand on the kitchen counter corner last night - solid granite.

Spoiler

Not long after hearing that song, 18 seconds into it was just about the same noise I made - and that comment was ironically mentioned in the video at least 18 times (stepping on a Lego, etc.).  

25 minutes ago, stingray1995 said:

Ironically, I did the same thing to the bony top of my hand on the kitchen counter corner last night - solid granite.

Hide contents

Not long after hearing that song, 18 seconds into it was just about the same noise I made - and that comment was ironically mentioned in the video at least 18 times (stepping on a Lego, etc.).  

Ah yes, the majestic warcry of a broken soul.

I know this pain, and this noise.

11 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

There're "rebels without a clue,"  and then there're "imbeciles without a clue."

10 hours ago, megamantaray said:

I like making vague statements to assert my intellectual dominance, it makes me seem pretty smart but also it helps with my stutter.

Touched a nerve did I?

6 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Touched a nerve did I?

Since we're making baseless assertions I'll just say you're mad and joke about how you get angry and call people trolls because they don't validate your intellectual elitism.

"gosh i wish mow peepow wead Pwato UwU"

Bitch please. Don't toot your horn too hard, you'll never reproduce but it's an expensive repair.  :wink:

Rebel Without A Clue

You're a tough tail-gunner in a pitch black Chevy
Cruising in the moonlight
Ooh your aim is steady
Your eyes are hungry and your hands are ready
You shot me where you wanted
You put me in a daze

No matter where you go, you'll always be a stranger
Getting into trouble, getting off on danger
Riding out of town like a cool lone ranger
When there's nothing to lose, you gotta call your own plays
Did anybody say something incredibly stupid
Like there isn't any paradise
But I remember the songs and I remember the story
I remember the thrills and I remember the glory

So hold me - hold me in your arms
Deliver me from growing old
Hold me - hold me in your arms
Shelter me from going cold
I'm a shot in the dark without you
A rebel without a clue

Rebel without a clue
I don't know what to say and I don't know what to do
Standing on the corner in my boots and my leather
A little over the edge, a little under the weather
Just a rebel without a clue
I'm tired an lonely and crying for you
I know just when to sulk and I know just how to pose
Dirty Harry to Madonna
I've been learning all the roles

So hold me baby, hold me a little longer
Need me baby just a little stronger tonight
Move it darling move a little quicker
Prove it darling blood is really thicker tonight
Drive on darling drive a little farther
Dream on darling dream a little harder tonight
Teach me baby teach me how to love you
Without me you're just another rebel without a clue

It's been a long hot summer an it's just the beginning
So keep our motor running and your tires spinning
So many places that I've wanted to be in
Take me where you're going - away beyond above -
We'll see a little action, relieve a little tension
Stuff I'd like to try that I shouldn't even mention
I've gone so far already c- I'm way beyond redemption
There's nothing to it really - I think they call it love

Did anybody say something incredibly stupid
Like there isn't any paradise
But I remember the songs and I remember the story
I remember the thrills and I remember the glory

So hold me - hold me in your arms
Deliver me from growing old
Hold me - hold me in your arms
Shelter me from going cold
I'm a shot in the dark without you
A rebel without a clue

Rebel without a clue
I don't know what to say and I don't know what to do
Standing on the corner in my boots and my leather
A little over the edge, a little under the weather
Just a rebel without a clue
I'm tired and lonely and crying for you
I know just when to sulk and I know just how to pose
Dirty Harry to Madonna
I've been learning all the roles

So hold me baby, hold me a little longer
Need me baby just a little stronger tonight
Move it darling move a little quicker
Prove it darling blood is really thicker tonight
Drive on darling drive a little farther
Dream on darling dream a little harder tonight
Teach me baby teach me how to love you
Without me you're just another rebel without a clue

Jim Steinman

On 1/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, megamantaray said:

This upsets me greatly.

Hide contents

FB_IMG_1578421810936.jpg

I don't give a shit about it having a rainbow on it, that's hilariously irrelevant.

I hate that cities contract people specifically to inconvenience homeless people this way and other really dumb ways.

A couple of scrap pieces of wood to create a platform for the homeless to sleep off the ground and above the rock. Wait until late when the business owner has left for the night then place it there. Wait and watch the fall out.

2 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

I don't know, did you?

I do know one thing though:  ever since I arrived on Loverslab, it's looking more and more as though you've been wanting to touch something on me, that's for sure.

1 hour ago, stingray1995 said:

All it did in my case was make me think of this clip:

All that made me think of is this :P

On 1/7/2020 at 9:23 PM, Alkpaz said:

Neo-Liberalism is supposed to draw a line between liberals (meaning liberty ie moderates) like myself and Leftists (crazy wack jobs like Antifa/PETA/etc) I would not even call them "liberal" anymore since they want to censor a ton of crap, what is so "liberal" about that? Nothing. In the 90s a liberal was fighting for free speech in music/gaming/politics, the freedom to express oneself, to wear what you want to wear (yes, even something like a MAGA hat). Thus, the difference between a "liberal" and a "neo-liberal" (or what I would call Lefty). One only need to see this graph to see how far "The Left" has gone: 

Neo-liberalism is just an economic theory.

14 minutes ago, megamantaray said:
48 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Neo-liberalism is just an economic theory.

That was back in the 1930s. More recently it's been revived to describe leftist politics, and since the 2010s specifically SJW politics.

It gets dusted off and repurposed periodically. In the 90s it was used to describe the modern, Clinton era liberals of the time.

1 hour ago, megamantaray said:

That was back in the 1930s. More recently it's been revived to describe leftist politics, and since the 2010s specifically SJW politics.

You can read a lot of things on the internet, doesn't mean they're true. Iirc the term gained popularity doing the Reagan/Thatcher era, i.e. late 1970's through the 1980's. It's just about freeing the market from regulation. The idea was that a free market would foster competition and thus deliver the best results, the reality was that as always, power and money accumulated and consolidated at a few select points. Which means that mega corporations like google, facebook, disney and amazon either directly or indirectly control pretty much everything.

When big corporations play the progressive card, they're doing it either to pander to a new market or to improve their PR. The Gillette ad from P&G was one such example. Anti-SJWs will tell you all about 'get woke, go broke' but the reality is that Gillette was struggling on the market as is, one of the reasons being very simple: men growing their beards, which is what many men do nowadays since it's en vogue again. They were losing the target audience one way or the other, it was simply an attempt to increase sales by trying to find a new market, in this case progressive people who might not even want or need a razor, but wanted to support the message or whatever. Heck, the sales probably skyrocketed even amongst anti-SJWs simply because they went out of their way to buy a Gillette razor to throw it in the toilet and post pictures of it on social media for those precious likes.