What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

13 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Trust me they do. If only they would stop arresting the victims.

It's funny.  I remember from my medical training: Being addicted to drugs is a medical issue, and isn't illegal.  Having drugs on you, and using drugs, however is illegal.  It's an odd world.

13 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Trump just proved he is no different than Obama, Bush, Clinton, Reagan, etc, all of them started wars or used military might. Somehow, I think there is something more here than just a president in power, but the underlying cause being the generals pushing our leaders to enter conflicts we shouldn't be in. If only we could elect the generals out of the military.

Tried that, it didn't work.  Remember Eisenhower?  He even said he didn't want to be president as he'd make a lousy one.  Thing is, when you start digging, you find two things.

1. The person in the oval office is like the captain of a ship, they get all kinds of information from many, many different sources.  However...

2. They don't necessarily make all the decisions themselves, or make the "right" decisions, even if that is their intent.  Why?  For the same reason why the average citizen often doesn't make good decisions: Decision making is based on the information you have available, and often the information that is made available to you is based on what your source wants you to know.  Of course, there are almost always preconceptions on the part of the information recipient as well, but one can NOT underestimate the sheer power of the information broker.

As for the power brokers, even people like the current occupant of the White House, who didn't "grow up" in the system often can get pulled in very, very quickly by the system whether they want to or not.  The governing (ruling?) class truly are a class all their own, regardless of where they stand politically, or what they want you to believe.

12 hours ago, Mr.Otaku said:

USA does need to pull out of the world police fuckery the previous war mongers have pushed us into, saves money and helps the foreign affairs anyway.

Iran just ...hilariously shot down one of it's own passenger planes because their anti-aircraft defenses caught a false flag or something, killing mostly iranians.

1. Being the world's policeman is just like being any other policeman, you're hated for what you do, and you'll be just as hated for what you don't do. 'Where was Daddy U.S.A. when X, Y, Z happened? They could have [they'll say] prevented it!' 

Remember the U.S. intervention in Rowanda?  No?  Hmmmm..., (Racial tensions due to Europeans drawing lines across tribal lines 100+ years ago, etc.)  Yeah, the U.S. stayed out of that one, and there's still gnashing of teeth, and pulling of hair about why they did, that they could have "done something".

I wonder why? (It's lose/lose.  Still, being isolationist would be a much cheaper way to lose in the short run.)

2.  Bare in mind that it WAS a Ukrainian aircraft, that was (supposedly) shot down shortly after departure from Tehran, the capital of Iran.  It's not like the 1988 U.S.S. Vincennes incident, where they mistook an Iranian airliner for an attacking aircraft, during times of high tension in a politically unstable region.

Been in a bad mood all day, and I'm pissed that I'm in a bad mood, and I'm pissed that I'm pissed about that too.

How can I be in a worse mood on a day I slept pretty well than on a day I didn't sleep at all?

I'm hypersensitive too, I'm itchy all the time, I'm overheating even though it's cold, ech.

Can't wait to get home. I can't be around people like this and part of my job is talking to people and asking things.

1 hour ago, AKM said:

1. Being the world's policeman is just like being any other policeman, you're hated for what you do, and you'll be just as hated for what you don't do. 'Where was Daddy U.S.A. when X, Y, Z happened? They could have [they'll say] prevented it!' 

Remember the U.S. intervention in Rowanda?  No?  Hmmmm..., (Racial tensions due to Europeans drawing lines across tribal lines 100+ years ago, etc.)  Yeah, the U.S. stayed out of that one, and there's still gnashing of teeth, and pulling of hair about why they did, that they could have "done something".

I wonder why? (It's lose/lose.  Still, being isolationist would be a much cheaper way to lose in the short run.)

But USA is not the world police, we don't have to be. Is it not better to just stay out of their bullshit rather than waste billions every day aiding systems that hate us anyway? I mean, if they gotta hate us then we'd rather be hated on for not intervening instead of intervening and being used as scapegoats often because we're there, a giant target to point fingers at. Let them handle their own shit, not our business.

And besides, we don't have to take a total isolationist stance, all we have to do is make sure they're not throttling the shipping lanes, continue trade lines.

1 hour ago, AKM said:

2.  Bare in mind that it WAS a Ukrainian aircraft, that was (supposedly) shot down shortly after departure from Tehran, the capital of Iran.  It's not like the 1988 U.S.S. Vincennes incident, where they mistook an Iranian airliner for an attacking aircraft, during times of high tension in a politically unstable region.

I'm aware, their ground to air anti-aircraft systems caught a false flag and blasted the plane. The real funny part is that some shithead over at iranian ATC thought it was a good idea to greenlit the flight in the midst of all of that tension.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Politics aside, what pisses me off is when my body doesn't want to work when I needed it to.  My feet and ankles were so sore that I couldn't get out of bed until the next morning.  *sigh* PITA.

What'd you do to get 'em that sore?

Also is it weird that I'm always curious about other people's complaints about pain?

2 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

My job in the hotel industry requires me to be constantly moving on my feet all day.  And I'm also flat-footed with weak ankles.  Combine that with some unhealthy lifestyle choices...well, there you go.

And the pain is always the worst on the first back on the job, after a long hiatus.

I see, that makes sense and it sounds really rough.

There are some suggestions a page or two ago nice people gave me for my back but I doubt those would help with your ankles as much.

Hopefully getting back into the rhythm won't take too long.

Have you tried wearing some shoes to help your ankles? There's a variety of shoes with special soles to aid with ankle pains, some made specifically for flat feet in fact.

I'm sure you're aware of that too though, I'm the worst with advice :L

On 1/9/2020 at 7:16 PM, Alkpaz said:

Micro-transactions don't bother me unless they are needed to further the single player game progression, since I can simply ignore them. What does tend to bother me is having to open products up to fix defects. This presents a problem for me since micro-technology (I've seen videos of DIY fixes to Joycons) is not easy for me to "fix" given my essential tremor (Thanks Spanish genes). 

The problem with microtransactions is that you're still paying for the inclusion even if you don't buy them yourself. To use a shitty food analogy: Imagine ordering a plate at a restaurant and there's a big turd in the middle of it. If you go 'well I don't have to eat it, I'll just eat around it' you're effectively still paying for the turd, so they'll keep shitting on your plate because you'll take it one way or the other.

People that don't buy microtransactions are not the target audience, but publishers are also not losing money for putting them in. People will either buy the game and ignore the MTX or they'll buy the game as well as the MTX. Win-win for the publisher. The only thing that would hurt them is if enough people stopped buying the game altogether, since the inclusion of microtransactions doesn't cost anything.

3 minutes ago, AKM said:

Is that not the "American Dream"?

Well... minus the picket fences, cozy little house, a car for the nuclear family, i guess? But liberty comes with a price and sometimes the price is not all rainbows. You can't be hyper safe and completely free at the same time, the sweet spot is hard to maintain and exploitable in the form of ideologies that rob society blind and makes it feel grateful for it in the process. That's one bumpy dream.

33 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

Iran is "safer" than the EU.

EU is literal gutter trash, but iran is only safe if you submit to islam as well as the government, if you don't then it's all kinds of nightmares. We're talking accidentally being slaughtered by the the government nightmares, a fun pastime in dirt eating holes of shit. Book your tickets now to the an extremely safe country! Watch those missiles on the way out though, no refunds on that one! Call 1800-I-Wanna-Die to get started!

7 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

EU is literal gutter trash

Excuse me? Do you really want to take the EU vs. US meme seriously? It's not like the US is a paradise on earth, with whole cities being essentially warzones or being swarmed by homeless people literally shitting on the street so much it's become a real health hazard. It would be silly to assume that this is all the US has to offer, but you can cherry pick the worst places from every country and build a strawman out of that.

6 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Thanks. :)

And yes, I'm aware that there are shoes specifically tailored for people with orthopedic problems.  But thing is they're usually pretty expensive.  And as a guy with a size 14, my options are a bit limited.  I do get by with Sketchers, but I have to replace them after about 6 months because of my job.

Yeah it always comes down to how expensive things like that you'd need for health become.

I feel like that kinda thing should be covered in some insurance plans but they'll actively refuse to help you unless you have a full leg brace, it's BS.

Good luck with your bones, Bones. :T

6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Do you really want to take the EU vs. US meme seriously?

I think you're misunderstanding what i said, but that was inevitable i guess since i didn't explain things properly. I'm not talking about cities and infrastructures, i'm talking about the political climate and it's relation to rights. I'm well aware of the fact that US has a LOT of shit as well, in some ways even more so perhaps.

Just wanted to clear that up. And what even is that meme? Lol how come i've never heard of it before? Or maybe i have but have since forgotten.

24 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

I think you're misunderstanding what i said, but that was inevitable i guess since i didn't explain things properly. I'm not talking about cities and infrastructures, i'm talking about the political climate and it's relation to rights. I'm well aware of the fact that US has a LOT of shit as well, in some ways even more so perhaps.

Just wanted to clear that up. And what even is that meme? Lol how come i've never heard of it before? Or maybe i have but have since forgotten.

Well the EU isn't quite as monolithic as the US, who itself isn't very monolithic to begin with. People in the EU usually don't refer to themselves as europeans, for example, but many US citizens simply refer to themselves as americans. There's a lot of difference in politics within the different countries, you won't find many similarities between the UK and Poland.

As for the meme, there's a lot of banter between people from the US and the EU in certain big imageboards.

41 minutes ago, Mr.Otaku said:

a car for the nuclear family

Nuclear family?  Have you seen the U.S. lately?  Here's a fun little factoid that really does piss me off:

50%, roughly, of U.S. marriages end in divorce (I've heard it's getting much worse).  There are a number of reasons for it, but I plant a large chunk of the blame squarely at the foot of Hollywood, and how those idiots act.  Used to be marriage meant something.  Not anymore. and there are far too many people who do the whole 'Monkey see, monkey do' thing to think that those who KNOW that they are watched [Hollywood] don't think that their actions won't be copied by a large segment of this society.  Pitiful and utterly disgusting.

17 minutes ago, AKM said:

Nuclear family?  Have you seen the U.S. lately?

Well you asked "Is it not the american dream?" in regards to the concept of liberty, and i said minus all the stuff i mentioned plus the "nuclear family", maybe it is. I'm not sure why you felt the need to go on that little tangent. Wasn't the point of what i was discussing initially.

17 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Well the EU isn't quite as monolithic as the US, who itself isn't very monolithic to begin with. People in the EU usually don't refer to themselves as europeans, for example, but many US citizens simply refer to themselves as americans. There's a lot of difference in politics within the different countries, you won't find many similarities between the UK and Poland.

As for the meme, there's a lot of banter between people from the US and the EU in certain big imageboards.

The main problem within EU the way i see it is that it's not actually capable of anything drastic. I know it's just a collection of countries but don't they all pay into the EU in the form of taxes? Or am i getting something mixed here? But since it's a collection of different countries, it's also not capable of calling in a lot of resources freely because of political conflicts within different EU countries. Way too fragmented yet extorting too much money for too little. I just don't see the point of it beyond being a group meeting every now and then, as a governing body, it doesn't have any range as far as i know.

I looked up the meme and it's already gotten stale lol.

4 hours ago, stingray1995 said:

No, you all were fine just sitting around, waiting for what was eventually going to happen anyway.  Iran is a country filled with a bunch of radical maniacs, still living in the Middle Ages, and everyone's sick of their bullshit.  

Dems just want to cater to them, try to rationalize their mindset, and tell themselves there's hope for reasoning with them - because they have so much in common (ie 'radical maniacs').

If you're a person with an ounce of realistic common sense in this country, you know which side you're on.  And don't play the race card on this side either - just look at Miami!

Honestly this has turned from a thread of small world problems into big world problems.

One of the things I keep hearing about the US/EU difference is the lack of understanding of the difference in size. People from the US don't really understand the concept of going country to country like it isn't a huge deal (state to state is similar, but plenty of people don't even travel between states) whereas many people in the EU don't quite realize that the distance between New York City and Los Angeles (roughly 3900 kilometers) is greater than the distance between London and Moscow (2500 kilometers). 

My cousin works in higher ed and keeps passing on stuff about how the students don't really want to go very far for work (lives in a somewhat rural area), some of them aren't willing to drive even one or two towns over for work (about 30 minutes). Our other cousin will commute for 2+ hours for work, and that isn't even going through serious traffic, it is just that far (and he's a nutcase).  

18 hours ago, megamantaray said:

Best part is it doesn't matter if you're gay, openly married to a woman, are trans and going through transition, or any other thing you can't just show immediately on a passing glance. It's all superficial right? You gotta have a rainbow somewhere on you, you gotta dye your hair some colour, you gotta actively sneer at men as they cross nearby you. If you're not outspoken on twitter, loud or obnoxious you're just another asshole regardless of your reasonable disdain for virtue signalling or actively being an ally to these causes where possible.*

*- where it's not retarded children yelling without reason and it's actually trying to make something happen.

I actually know a gay woman that has a rainbow tatoo on her arm.. :D

1 hour ago, DoctaSax said:

At least try not to make us say 'no politics' on every single page in this thread.

OK.

We can say it...

"No politics"  

... for all our post.. :D

Spoiler

Then when you quote a post.. you will be having "no politics' on your post as well .. indirectly saying it.  ;)