What really pisses you off? please no posts about nexus lol

Well...

• No Avatar sequel (next Live Action on Netflix soon will use the retcons apllied in TLOK).
  • No animation series (anime or cartoon) with Ryu Ga Gotoku effects/story/filler (the movie is nice though).
  • Every forum i use actually is always USA-centered, not globally.
  • No brunette, nice eyes & dominant girlfriend.
Spoiler

At least i can put sexual filler in my novels with a plot point.

23 hours ago, Hiderius said:

what I hate right now the most is the stupid and silly controversy that some people are trying to claim with Cyberpunk 2077 saying that its racist and sexist. Thankfully the creator of the cyberpunk world of 2020 is working really close with Cd projekt Red and both are ignoring the people saying other wise

The more long lasting thing to do would be to directly address the exactly three people acting like this is literally the social media apocalypse.

7 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

and rightfully so. However, there are many ways info can slip into the public or others can obtain it outside of wrong doings from the phone company or "operator" as you called them.  It could be innocent on their part. Something to consider. perhaps there was some other way this info got out and those indiviudals got the info. There have been people claiming many things when they contact me and more than once it was with the false info I have leaked out not the real info that the companies I deal with have. This is the reason I state this. I am sure Prince doesn't want to blame an innocent person or company for something someone else is doing wrong or even perhaps illegally. Just a thought.

Very good reasoning, but my phone number was available only to those whom I gave it. None of those people will give my number to anyone without my permission. TELE 2 is one of the most aggressive provider in advertisement in our country and the use every trick to get more members. I don't like them. Anyway, I'm not angry at any particularly because I don't know how my number ended in their hands.  I'm angry at the attitude and the mentality of the people who are doing such things. If you will say something confidential to me I assure you nobody will ever know what did you say to me even if we become enemies. Betraying the confidentiality would be low.

I'm bored of the gaming "community". Seems like all anyone wants to talk about is how disappointed they were by a new game or everything that games are missing or doing wrong. It often sounds like these people can never be satisfied, and I think that's true for some of them. They're searching for a perfect game to fill some sort of massive void in their life, but I'm willing to bet what they're missing can't be replaced by "Skyrim but better". Sure, I've been disappointed and I've come across a few games that felt lacking, but it's just another form of entertainment. I'd rather move on and play a game that I actually enjoy than dwell on all of the ways that a let-down could have been better. I just wish I could find someone else like that. I want to talk about great character design, cute monsters, and how much I love the Lisa series.

I don't know if that really counts as something that pisses me off because it's more of a mild annoyance than anything, but it's been on my mind. I can't seem to come up with anything that actually pisses me off right now.

11 hours ago, LoveLeech said:

I'm bored of the gaming "community". Seems like all anyone wants to talk about is how disappointed they were by a new game or everything that games are missing or doing wrong. It often sounds like these people can never be satisfied, and I think that's true for some of them. They're searching for a perfect game to fill some sort of massive void in their life, but I'm willing to bet what they're missing can't be replaced by "Skyrim but better". Sure, I've been disappointed and I've come across a few games that felt lacking, but it's just another form of entertainment. I'd rather move on and play a game that I actually enjoy than dwell on all of the ways that a let-down could have been better. I just wish I could find someone else like that. I want to talk about great character design, cute monsters, and how much I love the Lisa series.

I don't know if that really counts as something that pisses me off because it's more of a mild annoyance than anything, but it's been on my mind. I can't seem to come up with anything that actually pisses me off right now.

I am not disappointed in the releases of current games.. many downright piss me off. There is a reason why there is so much press even from major gaming publishing sites and governments getting involved. They are abusing the system, committing fraud (or trying to .. in the case of the "Canvas bags" for Fallout 76. Releasing games that are barely playable and still major issues up to a year afterwards...  This isn't the way things were. It isn't something that is happening because the technology is new and nobody has done better. Historically there are many games (from the same company) in the past that were much better designed than what they are doing now. They aren't even close to the quality of what was not even taking into account possible advancements. At least if they were reliable with what they had before I'd be on the same though as you are.

I am also not concerned with Indy or start up gaming companies that haven't had releases or only a few and are trying to do a great job or as good as they can at this moment. It is mostly against the major companies that are raking in millions and millions as a result of some predatory practices (see the government investigation comment)

I would love to see a day when game were released with reasonable quality and didn't try to use as many predatory practices as they do now.  Oh I would love to be looking at a game review and say to myself.. "well they could have fleshed out that quest a bit more" or something like that being my biggest complaint.

Also counter to your complaint is some companies and games are getting incredible praise like Cyberpunk 2077. That company has had issues. Lord don't get me started on Roach in Witcher popping up in the strange places.. even on top of roofs of barns and shit.. lol. but.. they were new, they tried and they improved their product each and every time the released a game. they listened to the consumer and did quality work. People are forking out tons of $$$ in pre-purchses and getting the better versions of there offers without even a game being able to be reviewed (live game play outside of the game studio clips) Three are a handful of other companies and games that have this result. just being drown out of the mainstream media due to the horrific actions of many companies.

Again, I would love to look at a game and go "boring" or shrug my shoulders at purchasing it and not be able to find serious issues with the game.

16 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

I am not disappointed in the releases of current games.. many downright piss me off. There is a reason why there is so much press even from major gaming publishing sites and governments getting involved. They are abusing the system, committing fraud (or trying to .. in the case of the "Canvas bags" for Fallout 76. Releasing games that are barely playable and still major issues up to a year afterwards...  This isn't the way things were. It isn't something that is happening because the technology is new and nobody has done better. Historically there are many games (from the same company) in the past that were much better designed than what they are doing now. They aren't even close to the quality of what was not even taking into account possible advancements. At least if they were reliable with what they had before I'd be on the same though as you are.

I am also not concerned with Indy or start up gaming companies that haven't had releases or only a few and are trying to do a great job or as good as they can at this moment. It is mostly against the major companies that are raking in millions and millions as a result of some predatory practices (see the government investigation comment)

I would love to see a day when game were released with reasonable quality and didn't try to use as many predatory practices as they do now.  Oh I would love to be looking at a game review and say to myself.. "well they could have fleshed out that quest a bit more" or something like that being my biggest complaint.

Also counter to your complaint is some companies and games are getting incredible praise like Cyberpunk 2077. That company has had issues. Lord don't get me started on Roach in Witcher popping up in the strange places.. even on top of roofs of barns and shit.. lol. but.. they were new, they tried and they improved their product each and every time the released a game. they listened to the consumer and did quality work. People are forking out tons of $$$ in pre-purchses and getting the better versions of there offers without even a game being able to be reviewed (live game play outside of the game studio clips) Three are a handful of other companies and games that have this result. just being drown out of the mainstream media due to the horrific actions of many companies.

Again, I would love to look at a game and go "boring" or shrug my shoulders at purchasing it and not be able to find serious issues with the game.

Most of the games I play are indie but I haven't noticed a major drop in quality among the popular titles I've played. Either way, to be perfectly honest I don't care. I'm the wrong person to complain to. I don't know about Cyberpunk and I haven't touched the Witcher, so it seems to me that we play completely different genres and your concerns don't apply to the developers I buy games from. Seriously though, try out games like Lisa the Painful. Take a break from the triple-A pre-orders and DLC nonsense. I assure you, it's just the mainstream shit that's giving you so many problems.

Anyway, why do my opinions need to be debated? I don't understand why my posts are attracting contention since I'm just responding to the topics like everyone else. x_x

I've never noticed a drop in quality of major titles like the witcher and other triple A titles etc and never had a problem with the likes of Roach either cause I never notice, course just all my opinion.  Can't wait for cyberpunk 2077 despite what the minority is trying to do creating a controversy about it being transphobic, racist and sexist and anything else their going to try next.

Though of course I'll never buy anything from EA and their whole lootbox thing and denying that they are at fault for failures of their games.

@Elf Prince

Hard to say how they got your number any site that you are a member of could of done it if they have any of your personal info on their site. I remember awhile back where facebook owner I believe was got caught selling peoples personal info to third parties as well as letting big companies access to your shit like Amazon, Netflix, and Microsoft.

4 hours ago, Hiderius said:

I've never noticed a drop in quality of major titles like the witcher and other triple A titles etc and never had a problem with the likes of Roach either cause I never notice, course just all my opinion.  Can't wait for cyberpunk 2077 despite what the minority is trying to do creating a controversy about it being transphobic, racist and sexist and anything else their going to try next.

Though of course I'll never buy anything from EA and their whole lootbox thing and denying that they are at fault for failures of their games.

Exactly.. that comment I made about Roach was something that was mentioned on the webs and by users. I experienced weird effects but .. it is a game. they (CDPR) patched and patched it until it was as good as I guess it could be and I am confident that if they figured out a fix they'd update the game ;) Also, most actual players had no complaints about it. The reviewers. It didn't effect their massive amount of awards..

EA is one of the worse gaming companies in the business and they have acquired so many other gaming studios that many miss that the game they are purchasing is indirectly coming from EA. :(

5 hours ago, LoveLeech said:

Most of the games I play are indie but I haven't noticed a major drop in quality among the popular titles I've played. Either way, to be perfectly honest I don't care. I'm the wrong person to complain to. I don't know about Cyberpunk and I haven't touched the Witcher, so it seems to me that we play completely different genres and your concerns don't apply to the developers I buy games from. Seriously though, try out games like Lisa the Painful. Take a break from the triple-A pre-orders and DLC nonsense. I assure you, it's just the mainstream shit that's giving you so many problems.

Anyway, why do my opinions need to be debated? I don't understand why my posts are attracting contention since I'm just responding to the topics like everyone else. x_x

You have a different opinion, an opinion that is contrary to what most people believe and posting it on a gaming site.  Why wouldn't your counterpoints be debated (discussed) ? 

We do seem to play different games. Indy games are perhaps very great but I havne't seen any I thought I'd be interested in. Perhaps you have some suggestions?  Some high quality fun games that might change my mind?  (other than Lisa the Painful)  It might just be the main stream Triple A games and all that those entail that are giving me (and likely others like me such grief...)  I believe in supporting companies that create quality products that I can enjoy. If they be Indy games that are creating these then they deserve to be supported and talked about.

Debate and discussions if civil can have the opportunity to expand someones awareness, correct miss conceptions and give ideas to the group that is willing to be open and honest with the info being discussed ( debated if you will)  For anyone that is interested... Lisa The Painful video below.

Spoiler

@LoveLeech is the following the Steam link? I can't find the actual game
https://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/LISA/

Ubisoft Graphical Downgrades, Seriously they are one of the biggest cock teases in gaming, Showing stunning graphics in a demo build only to give us stuff like this. 

And not just graphics sometimes, sometimes even the physics are how the gameplay works or just the details are completely downgraded or changed. Like the lighting and the fluidity from the coat physics and rain effects for example in Watch Dogs e3 preview compared to the actual thing.

Image result for ubisoft downgrades

Image result for ubisoft downgrades 2018

And if we want to get into some bullshit over on social media how about that shit with people ranting about the skin color that artists draw of a pokemon character just why...

OH SHE IS SLIGHTLY LIGHTER IN COLOR YOU ARE WHITE WASHING

Also this post by one of the artists that was harassed is pretty funny 

Image result for nessa whitewashing

Anyways people piss me off sometimes.

13 hours ago, LoveLeech said:

I dunno, randomly jumping in maybe, But this forum is heavily Bethesda game oriented, as it's mostly a modding platform, but that is far from what we all play.

Don't be confused by the heavy emphasis on Bethesda. We take them to task here. 50% of Bethesda game modding is correction of their fuckups.

I play West of Loathing, Binding of Isaac, old school shit, emulated titles. All sorts of things non-Bethesda. In fact, I've been gaming since roughly 1978.

I don't really see a drop-off in indie quality either. Triple A is a bunch of unadventurous, unimaginative garbage, same as tripe A cinema. (sic)

You seem a little bit too familiar with our shit for a newbie. Are you a reboot?

8 hours ago, LinksSword said:

And if we want to get into some bullshit over on social media how about that shit with people ranting about the skin color that artists draw of a pokemon character just why...

OH SHE IS SLIGHTLY LIGHTER IN COLOR YOU ARE WHITE WASHING

Also this post by one of the artists that was harassed is pretty funny 

Anyways people piss me off sometimes.

Social media activists don't know what they're doing, they're doing it simply because everyone else is doing it, without understanding why and what exactly it is they're upset about. The identity politics game recently bit John Walker from RPS in the ass because he, as a white male wanted to explain to Mike Pondsmith, a black male, what racism is. Note that I personally don't think that your skin color necessarily means your arguments are more valid or invalid, but if you want to play that game, you have to follow the rules or else you burn yourself.

My recommendation is to avoid twitter as much as possible. It's just an endless shitflinging fest that never ends and people love to take things out of context, which is very easy given twitter limits the possible length of messages quite drastically.

6 hours ago, Pork Type said:

I don't really see a drop-off in indie quality either. Triple A is a bunch of unadventurous, unimaginative garbage, same as tripe A cinema. (sic)

90% of it has always been shit. But once in a while a real gem comes along. Latests i've come accross being Void Bastards and Bloodstained.

For AAA the current buzzword is GaaS (Games as a service). In other words, they're hard at work trying to figure out how to make you rent your games :classic_laugh:

Alas i fear AAA industry has become too big to fail. A reset would be sorely needed to get rid of all the "surprise mechanics".

2 hours ago, bumzel said:

I mean its a bit weird dont you think. "This is my art style" on the light version and drawing the 3rd one unnecessarly pitch black where it almost looks like black face which is used to make fun of black people minus the big red lips. Not saying its racist but i can see why some people would get mad since it can be perceived as subtle dog whistling. I think the artist made it purposefully controversial/edgy cause it would get more attention. Also 90% comments are positive.

widehard.png.0914c5744caf6f95cbc9402dccb0ef35.png

Well this post was in response to people attacking her prior to her uploading the post.

3 hours ago, bumzel said:

I mean its a bit weird dont you think. "This is my art style" on the light version and drawing the 3rd one unnecessarly pitch black where it almost looks like black face which is used to make fun of black people minus the big red lips. Not saying its racist but i can see why some people would get mad since it can be perceived as subtle dog whistling. I think the artist made it purposefully controversial/edgy cause it would get more attention. Also 90% comments are positive.

widehard.png.0914c5744caf6f95cbc9402dccb0ef35.png

People started harassing some japanese artist for drawing that character with a lighter skin tone. Some of the harassers later apologized, this was just to troll the whole movement.

On 4/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, EvalovesEP said:

We are living in very stupid world. While waiting for my husband to come home I was reading news on the Internet. First shock : Kylian Mbappe, the soccer player worth more than 180 million of Euros. There are dozens of others whose value is over 100 million of Euros. I checked how much mine digger worth in our country. Second shock: less than 1000 Euros. Now, where is justice in this? Those soccer players mostly run or walk 90 minutes once a week and they are paid insane sum of money, while the mine digger works more than 8 hours a day, every day and his life is always in the great risk and they do not live long because of the working conditions and the gasses they are breathing regardless gas masks the wear. Totally unfair. I understand now why my Prince is angry and do not care about soccer and similar games.

Eva, when I see this picture, then I could puke!

die-reichsten-menschen-der-welt.jpg

Fortune (EUR)  2019

Spoiler

# Name     Fortune (EUR)         Country
1 Jeff Bezo's 137.77 billion United States
2 Bill Gates 90.33 Billion United States
3 Bernard Arnault 87.65 billion France
4 Warren Buffett 74.59 billion United States
5 Mark Zuckerberg 62.31 billion United States
6 Larry Ellison 59.64 billion United States
7 Amancio Ortega 57.33 billion Spain
8 Carlos Slim Helu 54.76 billion Mexico
9 Francoise Bettencourt Meyers & family 49.81 billion France
10 Michael Bloomberg 48.18 billion United States
11 Larry Page 45.5 billion United States
12 Mukesh Ambani 45.17 billion India
13 Jim Walton 44.8 billion United States
14 Sergey Brin 44.56 billion United States
15 Steve Ballmer 44.29 billion United States
16 Alice Walton 44.01 billion United States
17 S. Robson Walton 43.83 billion United States
18 Charles Koch 37.68 billion United States
19 David Koch 37.68 billion United States
20 Ma Huateng 34.97 billion China
21 Jack Ma 32.71 billion China
22 David Thomson 32.59 billion Canada
23 Sheldon Adelson 31.36 billion United States
24 Michael Dell 30.98 billion United States
25 Phil Knight 30.71 billion United States
26 Beate Heister & Karl Albrecht Jr. 30.63 billion Germany
27 Francois Pinault 29.85 billion France
28 Hui Ka Yan 29.32 billion China
29 Tadashi Yanai 27.14 billion Japan
30 Lee Shau Kee 27.08 billion Hong Kong
31 Li Ka-shing 26.82 billion Hong Kong
32 Jacqueline Mars 24.51 billion United States
33 John Mars 24.51 billion United States
34 Leonid Mikhelson 23.92 billion Russia
35 Brothers Chearavanont 22.69 billion Thailand
36 Joseph Safra 22.02 billion Brazil
37 Jorge Paulo Lemann 21.37 billion Brazil
38 Yang Huiyan 20.88 billion China
39 Gennady Timchenko 20.18 billion Russia
40 Vladimir Lisin 20.15 billion Russia
41 Dieter Schwarz 19.96 billion Germany
42 He Xiangjian 19.88 billion China
43 Masayoshi Son 19.76 billion Japan
44 Giovanni Ferrero 19.59 billion Italy
45 Wang Jianlin 19.2 billion China
46 James Simon's 18.85 billion United States
47 Rupert Murdoch 18.79 billion United States
48 Alexey Mordashov 18.72 billion Russia
49 Vagit Alekperov 18.65 billion Russia
50 Laurene Powell Jobs 18.62 Billion United States
51 Leonardo Del Vecchio 18.16 billion Italy
52 Susanne Klatten 17.36 billion Germany
53 Dietrich Mateschitz 17,3 billion Austria
54 Jim Simon's 16.89 billion United States
55 Chirathivat family 16.94 billion Thailand
56 Elon Musk 16.82 billion United States
57 Vladimir Potanin 16.64 billion Russia
58 Thomas Peterffy 16.47 billion United States
59 R. Budi Hartono 16.3 billion Indonesia
60 Michael Hartono 16.18 billion Indonesia
61 Ray Dalio 16.15 billion United States
62 Takemitsu Takizaki 15.51 billion Japan
63 Carl Icahn 15.49 billion United States
64 Dhanin Chearavanont 15.42 billion Thailand
65 Luke Walton 15.31 billion United States
66 Hinduja family 15.23 billion United Kingdom
67 Len Blavatnik 15.22 billion United States
68 Lee Man did 15.03 billion Hong Kong
69 Chalerm Yoovidhya & family 14.97 billion Thailand
70 Charlene de Carvalho-Heineken 14.94 billion Netherlands
71 Lee Kun-Hee 14.8 billion South Korea
72 Pallonji Mistry 14.79 billion Ireland
73 Theo Albrecht, Jr. 14.74 billion Germany
74 Leonard Lauder 14.73 billion United States
75 Stefan Quandt 14.59 billion Germany
76 Joseph Lau 14.5 billion Hong Kong
77 Donald Bren 14.37 billion United States
78 Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi 14.28 billion Thailand
79 Zhang Yiming 14.22 billion China
80 Stefan Persson 14,16 billion Swedes
81 William Ding 14.03 billion China
82 Mikhail Fridman 13.99 billion Russia
83 Hasso Plattner 13.91 billion Germany
84 Stephen Schwarzman 13.9 billion United States
85 Dietmar Hopp 13.84 billion Germany
86 Gina Rinehart 13.83 billion Australia
87 Pierre Castel & family 13.8 billion France
88 Gerard Wertheimer 13.69 billion France
89 Alain Wertheimer 13.69 billion France
90 Petr Kellner 13.49 billion Czech Republic
91 Kwong Siu-hung 13.47 billion Hong Kong
92 Iris Fontbona 13.23 billion Chile
93 Abigail Johnson 13.23 billion United States
94 Shiv Nadar 13.16 billion India
95 Heinz Hermann Thiele 13.11 billion Germany
96 German Larrea Mota Velasco 13.04 billion Mexico
97 Klaus-Michael Kuehne 12.43 billion Germany
98 Lui Che Woo 12.31 billion Hong Kong
99 Emmanuel Besnier 12.21 billion France
100 Uday Kotak 12.03 billion India

They should suffocate on the money :classic_wink:

Put-Your-Money-Where-Your-Mouth-Is.jpg

1 hour ago, bumzel said:

Yeah okay but the skin tone changing and "black face" has been a very sensitive theme lately

For example this streamer got banned for a month for painting her skin while trying to cosplay an african american character from Apex

keks.png.f56f6a9cad787549f88e4eb517604c1b.png

lol, she is a black heroine in Germany, But America has a few problems with the color black. 

Spoiler

Kayybearxo-Apex-Legends-Cosplay.jpgApex-LEgends-Cosplay-Karu.jpg

26 minutes ago, winny257 said:

lol, she is a black heroine in Germany, But America has a few problems with the color black. 

Reveal hidden contents

Kayybearxo-Apex-Legends-Cosplay.jpgApex-LEgends-Cosplay-Karu.jpg

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to sheer stupidity.   I wish I can disagree with you but.......... <seq way into my rant>  I hate that colleges have ceased teaching people to be "cosmopolitan" (exposed to so many different ideologies and social norms that they can become wise when they lead) and is now just a continuation of high school.    Not everyone needs a college education, especially if you are just going to be an independent coder, modder, game maker, etc.    People who went to college in years past make more money that is true, but.........I believe those people would have made more money anyway IF they were able to open the same doors without a college degree knocking it open.   

<edited my next paragraph into what it really translates to> "Blah blah blah,  my opinion should matter to you, don't you wish you could work where I work" blah blah blah "insert some clever joke that I heard a while ago and am hoping most readers won't remember it from the Benny Hill show that I am ripping off" blah blah blah  "please post a reply since I respect people who share my preferences in game modding and who feel the same way as I do" blah blah blah.

Hey.....is that what is meant by  "keeping it real" that all the kids are saying now a days?

18 minutes ago, steelpanther24 said:

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to sheer stupidity.   I wish I can disagree with you but.......... <seq way into my rant>  I hate that colleges have ceased teaching people to be "cosmopolitan" (exposed to so many different ideologies and social norms that they can become wise when they lead) and is now just a continuation of high school.    Not everyone needs a college education, especially if you are just going to be an independent coder, modder, game maker, etc.    People who went to college in years past make more money that is true, but.........I believe those people would have made more money anyway IF they were able to open the same doors without a college degree knocking it open.   

<edited my next paragraph into what it really translates to> "Blah blah blah,  my opinion should matter to you, don't you wish you could work where I work" blah blah blah "insert some clever joke that I heard a while ago and am hoping most readers won't remember it from the Benny Hill show that I am ripping off" blah blah blah  "please post a reply since I respect people who share my preferences in game modding and who feel the same way as I do" blah blah blah.

Hey.....is that what is meant by  "keeping it real" that all the kids are saying now a days?

I think you answered the wrong post, what has all this to do with black skin?
I think it's all about the rich sacks, of all this money could million people live in Africa.
but every day thousands of children die, because they just starve to death. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

2,w=756,q=high,c=0.bild.jpg

22 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

You have a different opinion, an opinion that is contrary to what most people believe and posting it on a gaming site.  Why wouldn't your counterpoints be debated (discussed) ? 

We do seem to play different games. Indy games are perhaps very great but I havne't seen any I thought I'd be interested in. Perhaps you have some suggestions?  Some high quality fun games that might change my mind?  (other than Lisa the Painful)  It might just be the main stream Triple A games and all that those entail that are giving me (and likely others like me such grief...)  I believe in supporting companies that create quality products that I can enjoy. If they be Indy games that are creating these then they deserve to be supported and talked about.

Debate and discussions if civil can have the opportunity to expand someones awareness, correct miss conceptions and give ideas to the group that is willing to be open and honest with the info being discussed ( debated if you will)  For anyone that is interested... Lisa The Painful video below.

Reveal hidden contents

@LoveLeech is the following the Steam link? I can't find the actual game
https://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/LISA/

I suppose that makes sense, it just caught me off guard. After all, I'm a nooby-nobody on this site, I didn't think my opinions would make much of a difference to you guys.  :P Plus I wasn't sure if I was coming across as bitter and attracting negative attention or something. I hope not, but it's hard to convey the tone I want through text.

Anyway, that's the right game. There's also a third game called Lisa the First which is technically the first in the series (hence the name). It's not listed on Steam but it's free to play. It's dramatically different from Lisa the Painful and Joyful, but I think it's probably too weird and unsettling for most people. Hell, that whole series is probably too weird for most people. I love it, but I know not everyone shares my taste.

There are countless indie games that I love but I'm not sure what is and isn't worth mentioning. I feel like when people talk about "gaming" they only mean games like Dark Souls and Overwatch, not games such as Ori and the Blind Forest or Don't Starve Together - which are both fantastic and quite well known, but never brought into consideration when people are discussing the quality and economics of modern gaming. On top of that, almost everyone disregards party games like Overcooked and Ultimate Chicken Horse. I get it, they're not serious games, but they serve their purpose don't they?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that only certain games by certain developers crop up in these kind of discussions, and only certain genres are taken seriously. That's part of why these discussions have grown so tiresome to me. It's like trying to talk about a cult that I'm not part of. I've dabbled in some games involved in this "cult", Oblivion was my favorite game for way longer than it had any right to be, but that's about it.

3 hours ago, LoveLeech said:

I suppose that makes sense, it just caught me off guard. After all, I'm a nooby-nobody on this site, I didn't think my opinions would make much of a difference to you guys.  :P Plus I wasn't sure if I was coming across as bitter and attracting negative attention or something. I hope not, but it's hard to convey the tone I want through text.

Anyway, that's the right game. There's also a third game called Lisa the First which is technically the first in the series (hence the name). It's not listed on Steam but it's free to play. It's dramatically different from Lisa the Painful and Joyful, but I think it's probably too weird and unsettling for most people. Hell, that whole series is probably too weird for most people. I love it, but I know not everyone shares my taste.

There are countless indie games that I love but I'm not sure what is and isn't worth mentioning. I feel like when people talk about "gaming" they only mean games like Dark Souls and Overwatch, not games such as Ori and the Blind Forest or Don't Starve Together - which are both fantastic and quite well known, but never brought into consideration when people are discussing the quality and economics of modern gaming. On top of that, almost everyone disregards party games like Overcooked and Ultimate Chicken Horse. I get it, they're not serious games, but they serve their purpose don't they?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that only certain games by certain developers crop up in these kind of discussions, and only certain genres are taken seriously. That's part of why these discussions have grown so tiresome to me. It's like trying to talk about a cult that I'm not part of. I've dabbled in some games involved in this "cult", Oblivion was my favorite game for way longer than it had any right to be, but that's about it.

You will find this site is different than many.  You happened to make a comment that was structured in a way that I felt that I could respond. It wasn't my intention to come across as hostile or offending as I hope you realize now.  Written word is hard to convey the tone that is desired, at least you were willing to give the benefit of the doubt, many newer members (and some that has been here for some time) don't. which is sad.

Perhaps try posting some comments and discussions for Indy games here on the site? There might be some interested in your opinion. You have an insight to these games and some others might have some experiences (very likely) and could share.  There isn't anything wrong with not being part of the mainstream Triple A gaming scene.  If someone has a problem with it.. it is THEIR problem, not yours.  I have known some indie gamer fans in the past in RL but no longer have contact with them anymore.  they also greatly enjoyed Oblivion.  Anyway, I will look over the games suggested. It is possible it is like you said a bit too weird but that is ok. I can still be objective and appreciate the quality of the game even if I don't personally like a game. After being part of this site for many years.. I have learned how much work goes into simple mods much less the amount of effort goes into a complete game. Making a decent game from indie, new content creators is really quite an achievement and should be recognized as such even if the actual game isn't quite up a persons alley so to say.

Yes, I checked the forums and perhaps a post in General Gaming.. on this. Might be able to convince one of the moderators to pin it ;D  After a day or so, I honestly do think a discussion on these often overlooked games is something worthy of a thread and content and shame that many times they are overlooked.

7 hours ago, bumzel said:

Yeah okay but the skin tone changing and "black face" has been a very sensitive theme lately

For example this streamer got banned for a month for painting her skin while trying to cosplay an african american character from Apex

Blackface is mostly an american taboo, though. Twitch/Amazon is an american company so it makes sense they enforce what they perceive as culturally necessary. Besides, what that artist did wasn't blackface, if anything, it was whitewashing. At least if you want to bring politics into it, others may simply call it artistic freedom. However, harassing artists over their choices isn't anything new and can quickly spiral out of control to the point where even Vice published an article about it:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3da838/an-attempted-suicide-forced-a-tumblr-community-to-open-its-eyes-about-bullying

Keep in mind the artist is asian, so the accusation of whitewashing doesn't really work in this case.