I'm trying to get some help on this mod and I'm on the verge of giving up.

The dollmaker shop characters are bald, floating heads.  I cant start any of the quests. None of the dialog works for the characters added. All of the males want sex(no audio for this though) and they just walk away and they don't actually do anything but you also cant use their shops for anything(that part may be intentional, I dont know)

My gut feeling is that somewhere there is a set of files in Folder A but they need to be in Folder B for everything to work. I may have to run Bodyslide but I can't even get it to work properly.  There is a missing link here and I just dont have the modding experience to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated

1 hour ago, MoralVirgin said:

I'm trying to get some help on this mod and I'm on the verge of giving up.

The dollmaker shop characters are bald, floating heads.  I cant start any of the quests. None of the dialog works for the characters added. All of the males want sex(no audio for this though) and they just walk away and they don't actually do anything but you also cant use their shops for anything(that part may be intentional, I dont know)

My gut feeling is that somewhere there is a set of files in Folder A but they need to be in Folder B for everything to work. I may have to run Bodyslide but I can't even get it to work properly.  There is a missing link here and I just dont have the modding experience to figure it out.

Any help is appreciated

Yes you have to run Bodyslide.  If you want Sex then you also have to have the Sexlab Framework installed and functioning AND you have to go into it and tell it to "Install" once you've installed it.  The Sexlab Framework of course also requires other items like you running the FNIS User Generator program in order to install the animations but of course so does this mod and the three other Devious Devices mods that are also required.

What is wrong with your system is that you're trying to see the content before you met the requirements.  Kind of hard to tell what else you might be missing but try starting with just getting the Sexlab Framework functioning.

Bodyslide has a forum on the Nexus, and many tutorial videos on the net, but DCL is often the first time people run into problems with it.

They install BS, select CBBE body and their game looks better, they think they have Bodyslide working.

Then they install DD + DCL and they see entire bodies disappearing and don't know why.

Eventually, they hear they have to run Bodyslide, but when they open it up, it doesn't seem to solve their problems.

Oddly, they imagine their problem is uncommon, and don't expect to find a ton of tutorials online, and don't even look.

It might not be such a crazy idea to create optional download files for DD and DCL that have all the meshes pre-generated for default settings CBBE and UUNP Special.

It does add some more busywork, but a lot of new users would download those files and have their stuff just work, and because they don't ever run Bodyslide, their bodies are at default anyway, so it's all fine for them.

Seriously, think of all the times people have posted a question on here, where the answer was run Bodyslide...

Those posts might never have happened.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Seriously, think of all the times people have posted a question on here, where the answer was run Bodyslide...

that might sensibly be added to the download filename and the topic name - something like (You MUST run Bodyslide before playing)

just a quick question how to turn of these " come here woman " dialoque ...

and how do i get matchinng items like gold bra  and gold belt.. etc i used random items put constentet or what it was called :D below it.. i just dont wanna have everything in a different color :(

3rd thing is how to deactivate chastity bra over an hobbled skirt or straight jacket ?

and its always armbinder chastity bra corset hobble dress blindfold etc... nearly the same items in different colors

hope someone can answer me thank u :

20180531014704_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jimi123 said:

and how do i get matchinng items like gold bra  and gold belt.. etc i used random items put constentet or what it was called :D below it.. i just dont wanna have everything in a different color :(

1 -  Misogyny feature (forgot exactly where it is in MCM at) turn off (or set slider to 0)

2 - randoms items and consistent themes should give you matching set, but only for a single event.  so if you have items added by 1 event they should match 

if possible,  but if you get items in 2 events they are unlikely to match (that is the random part).

14 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

How are the D.A.M.N surprise boxes supposed to work? I got 3 when I robbed a bound girl, but no matter what I do (left-click, right-click, check powers/...), I can't find any way to open them, they simply get "equipped" :/

They should "pop open" when you "equip" them, and give you the loot.

2 hours ago, Jimi123 said:

3rd thing is how to deactivate chastity bra over an hobbled skirt or straight jacket ?

and its always armbinder chastity bra corset hobble dress blindfold etc... nearly the same items in different colors

hope someone can answer me thank u :

20180531014704_1.jpg

quick answer :that is mysognity option, demand sex

and you can ony choose one color+material, if you choose random but constet or what it was called, you'll get for every trap all items in one random colour.. that means you get again another random coloour for all items in next trap... if you dont like it like this, have to choose colour.

turd thing is in devios devices - devices underneath (1) and (2). have to work with it... exampole :(1) Body - full > hide niple piercings, chastity bra... A robe(or whatever clothing) will hide these devices
or
(2) harness / corset > chastity bra... harness and corset will hide chastity bra.
now just to find out what happy dress and jacket count as and make it hide what you want.

i believe i have all working and i have nothing set in devices underneath (2), so you should find it under (1)

30 minutes ago, Phelan42 said:

How are the D.A.M.N surprise boxes supposed to work? I got 3 when I robbed a bound girl, but no matter what I do (left-click, right-click, check powers/...), I can't find any way to open them, they simply get "equipped" :/

Equipping them and leaving the inventory menu is supposed to "open" them - they should disappear and you will get a bunch of loot added to your inventory.

26 minutes ago, A Little Kitten said:

quick answer :that is mysognity option, demand sex

and you can ony choose one color+material, if you choose random but constet or what it was called, you'll get for every trap all items in one random colour.. that means you get again another random coloour for all items in next trap... if you dont like it like this, have to choose colour.

turd thing is in devios devices - devices underneath (1) and (2). have to work with it... exampole :(1) Body - full > hide niple piercings, chastity bra... A robe(or whatever clothing) will hide these devices
or
(2) harness / corset > chastity bra... harness and corset will hide chastity bra.
now just to find out what happy dress and jacket count as and make it hide what you want.

i believe i have all working and i have nothing set in devices underneath (2), so you should find it under (1)

Thank you how to find these id ? via console ?

still dont get it with underneath:  example  if modify HEAD and add 4 possible items , so these 4 items wont be shown if the slot 31 head is placed ?

13 minutes ago, DionisioVega said:

looking for a little help with the rubber suits, I am unable to find them in the Bodyslide Studio, I can find the zipsuit and catsuit, but not the rubber suits, so my character looks like a standard NPC. Any idea which item controls the shape for them?

disregard my question, I figured out the problem... apparently the install didn't copy all the bodyslide files over.

2 hours ago, Jimi123 said:

Thank you how to find these id ? via console ?

still dont get it with underneath:  example  if modify HEAD and add 4 possible items , so these 4 items wont be shown if the slot 31 head is placed ?

you wont use console, nor any id. It works like if you modify head - select possible item like blindfold, your blindfold will not be visible if you are wearing a helmet.
as simple as that, it can only get complicated if you figure out you can hide blindfold if you wear a ring.. just dont do stuff that dont make any sense, unless you need it for whatever reason i cant think of..
what about we make it even easier and i tell you what i have where and you jsut do the same heh ?

UN(1) body-full nipple piercings, chastity bra, harnesses/corsets,chastity belts.
and that's it.. all works (even tested your combination bra corset dress)

and at the top is device hider.. that can be at any slot that will never be used, default  should be "device hider + long hair 41", even the descrioption of this says "dont touch it" so i believe you won have to mess with this one :D

15 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

It might not be such a crazy idea to create optional download files for DD and DCL that have all the meshes pre-generated for default settings CBBE and UUNP Special.

It does add some more busywork, but a lot of new users would download those files and have their stuff just work, and because they don't ever run Bodyslide, their bodies are at default anyway, so it's all fine for them.

It sure would benefit me if someone did. lol. Sorry if I'm being a bother about this.

2 hours ago, Destroyah340 said:

So who are valid NPCs that can be sold to the slave trader in Whiterun & how do I give them to him? Obviously Defeat's capture/sell function doesn't work with this & there's no description of him in the mod page or MCM

Only those captured via DCL's Combat Surrender will be recognized by the Slave Trader in Whiterun.

5 hours ago, MoralVirgin said:

It sure would benefit me if someone did. lol. Sorry if I'm being a bother about this. 

But getting people used to using body slide is probably a good thing, especially if they want to use adult mods (everyone's taste is different).

Trying to play though the "cursed collar" quest.

It wants me to put on the "Cursed Chastity Belt" but when I click it in the inventory, the only option I am given is "Carry On".  

The plugs and piercing go on just fine, just the belt wont give the "put it on" option.

Any ideas on why it wont let me wear it?  I cant continue the quest without putting it on, and I cant wear armor without finishing the quest... though I could always 'safe word'  still annoying. 

20 hours ago, donkeywho said:

that might sensibly be added to the download filename and the topic name - something like (You MUST run Bodyslide before playing)

You'd be amazed at what people fail to read.

For example, text files with download info in.

The number of mods on LL, and the number of people that said, "Mod download is broken, it's only 194 bytes" and never opened a file called Download-info.txt ... I've seen it on forums over and over.

The fact is, the Bodyslide issue can simply be fixed by distributing meshes. The meshes aren't even that big, the textures are bigger, and they don't have to be duplicated.

But I proposed putting them in a separate download file, which seems to have worked out OK for CD. You could go either way.

2 hours ago, Internet User said:

But getting people used to using body slide is probably a good thing, especially if they want to use adult mods (everyone's taste is different).

If I was Kimy, I wouldn't want to make it my job to train everyone in using Bodyslide. Let them deal with learning that if they want. They don't actually need to know it to use DD or DCL ... or they wouldn't, if there was a pairs of mesh downloads.

9 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

If I was Kimy, I wouldn't want to make it my job to train everyone in using Bodyslide. Let them deal with learning that if they want. They don't actually need to know it to use DD or DCL ... or they wouldn't, if there was a pairs of mesh downloads.

And she don't has to. There are many guides all over the internet incl. LL itself.
So if users fail to use a search, we can always point them there or place a link to one in a mods description.

The point I'm making is that the repetitive Bodyslide questions are a disproportionate amount of the technical problems raised on the forum, and always have been.

Stating the obvious - that people can get help with Bodyslide elsewhere, or that members can simply answer the questions - doesn't address the issue at all.

• The issue is that the majority of those questions were avoidable.
  • Not only that, but the actual problems those people had were avoidable.
  • And that means the apparent failures of DD/DCL they experienced after first installing and using them were also avoidable.

Do you really want people experiencing failures and asking questions for no real reason?

Saying that "People should learn to use Bodyslide" is a utopian position, detached from reality.

Simply wanting them to know better will never stop the problems these people have or the questions they ask.

Or... maybe people love answering these questions so much, they want people to keep asking them?

So people asking questions are a problem now? i've not encountered many asking the same question twice, if they understood the answer the first time.
We all started somewhere and we shouldn't project our expectations onto others. BodySlide and the mods that use it became rather complex so for people who are new to this, most of this stuff will sound like rocket science and be pretty overwhelming. Expecting them to understand it just by following a random guide is wishfull thinking.

So either one is willing to answer such questions or not. Whoever is not up to this task is free to ignore such questions and move on.

if noone steps in, then so be it but the person might loose any interesst in persuing the topic any further and we might loose someone who had the potential to become a modder once this person understood most if not everything.

Aside from that, i received quiet alot of help too and i was always happy to get an answer even though sometimes it turned out i just made a mistake, but error is human and i usually know what i'm doing. Still someone put up with it and answered the questions i had. So if i can help i'll simply do the same. if you can't be arsed anymore, skip over them and move on.

12 minutes ago, CGi said:

So people asking questions are a problem now? i've not encountered many asking the same question twice, if they understood the answer the first time.
We all started somewhere and we shouldn't project our expectatains onto others. BodySlide and the mods that use it became rather complex so for people who are new to this, most of this stuff will sound like rocket science and be pretty overwhelming. Expecting them to understand it just by following a random guide is wishfull thinking.

So either one is willing to answer such questions or not. Whoever is not up to this task is free to ignore such questions and move on.

if noone steps in, then so be it but the person might loose any interesst in persuing the topic any further and we might loose someone who had the potential to become a modder once this person understood most if not everything.

Aside from that, i received quiet alot of help too and i was always happy to get an answer even though sometimes it turned out i just made a mistake, but error is human and i usually know what i'm doing. Still someone put up with it and answered the questions i had. So if i can help i'll simply do the same. if you can't be arsed anymore, skip over them and move on.

Too bad, that I can not put more likes under this. Even if I have to admid, that I'm not better sometimes. And sometimes its just that ppl follow the guides, but sadly follow the wrong one.