47 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Word... especially because you can just not loot them if you don't want any more, or decrease the drop rate to 1%.  Or even better not chain equip them and instead save them for after a trap has gone off to keep the situation from getting any worse while you scrounge for keys.

There isn't a super easy way to directly increase the drop rate of a specific item AFAIK.  The "weights" for straitjacket/hobble dress/catsuits I believe only effect what type of suit you will get when DCUL picks a suit to be equipped (so if straitjacket was high and catsuit+hobble are low, you should usually get a straitjacket when a suit gets equipped).

You can however indirectly increase your chances by:

- Increasing "Standard Item" event weight, so more regular items (including suits) get equipped.

- Increasing minimum and maximum items per container amounts, and increasing the worn restraints threshold (more slots filled per trap = more chances of a suit)

- disabling some of the other types of items in the Devices menu.  If you can't be equipped with chastity bras/hoods/blindfolds/gags ect you are more likely to get a suit instead.

- carry around a few of your favorite straitjackets/dresses in your inventory and increase the chance of "Self Bondage Gas Traps" - this trap only equips items from your inventory.

Thank you, I'll try to tweak these a little bit. Those are the settings I was playing with except for the self bondage one, so this is what I was looking for.

16 hours ago, Lupine00 said:
  1. Set up your CK so you can load and build DCL.
  2. Modify code / formlists according to taste.
  3. profit!

As (1) is surprisingly tricky - you need all the soft deps to build, it's probably not worth the bother. 

Instead if you get a pear of anguish, just console whatever you need to remove it (keys for chastity belt, or whatever), then discard it, and put everything back on and console remove the keys too.

For straitjacket, when you find yourself in an armbinder, simply console a straitjacket, console keys for binder, remove, put on jacket. It's a bit bothersome, but much easier than setting up to re-build DCL.

What is a CK? Sounds like this is modding the mod as it were.

39 minutes ago, dyslexicfurby said:

What is a CK? Sounds like this is modding the mod as it were.

CK = Creation Kit.  When talking about things like disabling one item out of hundreds, learning to do some minor personal-use modding with Creation Kit or TES5Edit is your best bet.  Removing "only" the pear of anguish from the mod really does require modding the mod as that is a very specific tiny change.

The only other way of completely disabling the pear would be to disable all the items/events it would attach to.

RP'ing a bondage lover who likes to try stuff on, and settling on the most fantastically hot things that do not block sexlab at all (ever, no-way, nohow)

but still wanting to keep stuff immersive, I'd wish for a key (that can ALWAYS be used, even with hands tied).

so let's see

key

High security key

Head, body, arms, legs,

Jailer's

Law-enforcement's

Sasha's Key

Could be replaced (hopefully) with a non-console cheat called

"skeleton key" or some-such immersive name, that you could buy or find on a very good day, under a tree or in a jar.

Is the pear that bad? who would expand it? I may never know, not having the skeleton key to go with it.

Edit: Whoever made sasha's rubber corset is a genius who should be crowned emperor of the galaxy.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

What makes it so awesome? I never noticed anything very particular about it.

why_special.thumb.jpg.e6a390db62bbd06f3a5610aa5b3ce8ab.jpg

I'm not sure. Maybe it's the color.

Or that it's easy to wear or not wear.

OK I'll admit there's nothing particularly particular about it.

Ever since installing the mod, I've never been able to get random traps to happen - I've had the quests hit but never random chance. Tried everything to get it work, but failed; so just kept it enabled for the extras and ongoing collection of kinmky wear. Just passing through the mcm I thought I'd try setting the enhanced chances mode, exited and then thought "what's the point?" so went back in and unset it.

Next NPC I killed, I decided to search in the middle of a battle, I saw a dialogue screen I'd never witnessed before and I was suddenly dressed head to toe in bondage gear! No keys, no charms because I don't need them and unable to defend myself against the 1/2 dozen attackers left. Ended up in a tavern, naked with every orifice abused. That'll teach me :smiley:

5 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

I'm not sure. Maybe it's the color.

Or that it's easy to wear or not wear.

I don't think it was originally made as a corset, at least, not a rubber one. If you look at the style, it doesn't match a rubber garment.

I suspect the texture you see in "fighters dress", which is basically a showgirl/dancer's costume. I'm guessing that was made first, and the rubber conversion an afterthought, or by another editor.

The texture effect on the "fighters dress" is quite unusual.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't think it was originally made as a corset, at least, not a rubber one. If you look at the style, it doesn't match a rubber garment.

I suspect the texture you see in "fighters dress", which is basically a showgirl/dancer's costume. I'm guessing that was made first, and the rubber conversion an afterthought, or by another editor.

The texture effect on the "fighters dress" is quite unusual.

I ran to look. I like the corset better than the fighter's dress, but the dress has its good points.

If this were a contest and they roped me into judging it, I'd defer (it's too early, my glasses are steamed up, something)

fightersdress.jpg

I tried educating myself on the wonders of shiny-wear, and found a wikipedia link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rubber_and_PVC_fetishism

Which linked to this https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/506134/Lady-Gaga-shows-off-her-curves-in-PVC

So im reaching out to you to ask a couple questions regarding some bugs and how to fix them. Most of the device items such as some of the arm binders and corsets and stuff have 0 body texture and make my character invisible.  Im... Not sure how to fix this, i can see everything just fine in my inventory but they make my character invisible, anyone able to help?

Just now, 7thsquadraiders said:

So im reaching out to you to ask a couple questions regarding some bugs and how to fix them. Most of the device items such as some of the arm binders and corsets and stuff have 0 body texture and make my character invisible.  Im... Not sure how to fix this, i can see everything just fine in my inventory but they make my character invisible, anyone able to help?

Did you run a batch process to make the meshes for the devices in bodyslide?

2 hours ago, 7thsquadraiders said:

And as the game would say "... To no avail..." The batch process didnt fix much. Now some of the textures for the items dont render correctly.

Before you run the batch process you need to select the body you used, otherwise you end up batch building to whatever default Bodyslide started with.

There are tutorials on Bodyslide, I suggest you watch at least one of them.

I just updated all the DD mods and started a new save and for some reason, some of the animations stopped working. the armbinder animation just removes the hands and if the arms actually do go into the arbinder, when it gets removed, my character's arms are stuck behind her back when not in combat with a weapon or magic. if it's unarmed combat, it just does the bound combat animations. When I was put in the yoke my hands didn't go in it at first but after a while they did. After removing the yoke my character was stuck in the yoke animation with her arms up. Does anyone know what might be the issue? I've ran FNIS and bodyslide as well as loot and the problem still persists. Any help is appreciated.

On 24/02/2018 at 12:51 PM, WaxenFigure said:

Before you run the batch process you need to select the body you used, otherwise you end up batch building to whatever default Bodyslide started with.

That's not quite true. If you are building a slider-driven body like UUNP or modern CBBE, then it doesn't matter much if you leave it on zero slider when you build, what matters is what meshes you choose to build. If you have the Bodyslide support installed, you can completely reshape the body in racemenu, and the slider settings are all but irrelevant, and you can see for yourself, that if your body is rescaled by node changes, (boob inflation for example) slider-aware armors will reshape with it. Modern bodyslide simply sets your slider choices as defaults, but you can undo them in game if you want. This differs from editing the source Bodyslide nif slider configuration and moving the end-points, which you can do in Outfit Studio, but not the main Bodyslide.

Added this to clarify: sliders are relevant to your base shapes, and NPCs. Building zeroed will give you a playable game where nobody looks weird, but it might not satisfy the purist. If you want your NPCs to have working weight scaling, you need to set up the 0 and 100% weights in bodyslide to be the extremes of fat and thin. Then check that somewhere around the 50% setting is pretty close to how you want your PC to look, and that you can pick a weight scale that looks exactly how you want your PC to be shaped. Not only will this allow the game to render a decent range of fat and thin NPCs, but it will allow you to use weight scaling on the PC, in mods that do it usefully (like Beeing Female [sic], or MME).

But most importantly, if you plan to use UUNP Special, make sure you build the UUNP Special hands and feet, not different ones, otherwise, you might see seams. Your body parts need to match up, and if they don't seams are a result.

If you plan to use a UUNP body, and you build armor (or DD assets)  meshes for CBBE, you will get very obvious seams, and clipping. CBBE also has a special neck system, where as UUNP requires tweaking per mesh to avoid neck seams.

There are also cases where mods that do broken node scaling can make a seam by collapsing or extending a neck bone they shouldn't. If MME gets broken by another mod, sometimes you see this.

What you won't get in cases where you build mismatched parts, is missing textures.

When you run a batch-build in Bodyslide, it generates new meshes from templates that you install into the Bodyslide sub-directories (rather than directly into Data\Meshes\...).

If you have textures missing after a build, it's probably because you didn't install them in the first place. Or you installed them in the wrong place. That said, certain installations of certain armors have textures missing, or in the wrong place, due to bad packaging.

DD, for example, installs Bodyslide data, which all goes in the Bodyslide ShapeData, SliderGroups and SliderSets directories, and is enough to build all the meshes and morphs. But it also installs pre-built meshes, and of course, the textures.

For reasons I can only speculate on, the pre-built meshes seem to never work and result in missing character body. Building in bodyslide makes new ones fixing the problem.

The puzzle really, is why the pre-built assets don't work - I know the FOMOD isntaller copies them in, so why do they so invariably fail to show up at all, resulting in the infamous "missing body" syndrome?

DCL has a similar problem, the pre-built meshes do not seem to work, but the ones that come out of your own Bodyslide build do.

It can't be put down to "incompatible body", because in practice, I can render a CBBE armor with a UUNP body and all that's wrong is bad seaming and an undesirable shape.

My guess is they are built against a different skeleton, and suffer scaling collapse. Most everyone using a DD mod also has XP32MSE, but perhaps the DD (and DCL) pre-generated assets use some other skeleton, and for whatever reason, the bones can't match up, even though the standard basic Biped part ought to be the same. Perhaps XP32MSE introduces an extra spine node, and that's enough to turn everything into a degenerate zero scaled point on meshes built against some older XP32 generation?

In any case, missing textures is something that is easily investigated and fixed case by case.

Load the mesh into NifSkope or Outfit Studio, and find out what texture it is trying to use. Then find that texture in your data directory. Check it loads in Photoshop or Gimp and is not corrupt. If it's missing entirely, go looking for it in the source mod.

If it's not missing, and not entirely corrupt, but simply "not correct", then it is almost a UUNP - CBBE mismatch between body and texture. Actually the mappings are fairly similar, but sometimes a modder ignores the conventions for a non-full-body item and maps very differently from CBBE to UUNP, and some armors will have the exact same texture for both body types.

Get the texture from the "correct" body type and check that's the one you have. If that is "to no avail" then try using the texture from the "other" body type, or reinstalling your mesh. It's always possible that you have the wrong body-type mesh installed for the item, instead of the wrong texture.

I've had issues with various armor collections sometimes having a missing texture for one or two items, and it was simply because they were MISSING from the Bodyslide build group, and not getting built by the batch operation. Building manually fixed them.

If, like the poster, you run Bodyslide, and your textures go wrong, it's almost certainly the case that your Bodyslide installed body does not match the textures your had in your Data.

If you use NMM, this sort of stuff is such a common error, it's not even funny. NMM is almost built to create this kind of problem, it's awesome at it. One wrong click on an override popup, and there you are, busted. Uninstall and reinstall might give you another shot at it. Or it might fail. Depends if you were very careful with how you used your NMM in other respects, and never sidestepped it and did manual installs (if you did the latter, you're probably screwed).

If you use MO, these sorts of problems result from installing the wrong options in FOMOD, or broken FOMODs, or wrong left-pane order.

If you install by hand, you better be smart enough to sort out your own problems...

I have another suggestion.

How about a collar that tries to trick you into bondage.

When the device is equipped it will have a timer, but that timer is really long. (maybe make it ludicrous to make people want to get it off.)

Periodically the device will remind you that it can give you something you want.

You can then activate it to significantly reduce the timer, but it then equips a special device you can't unequip.

The first things the collar equips on you after you agree to it, could be something harmless like leg and arm cuffs.

You collar halves it's timer, but it is still too long.

The cuffs and collar aren't in your way, but you want them off.

You agree to reduce the timer again and it equips you with a slightly more strict item.

Maybe something like a blindfold or boots.

You're now really starting to get restrained.

You agree to reduce the timer even further.

It equips a gag.

You're now have the collar, a pair of cuffs, blindfold, boots and a gag.

Maybe you're starting to enjoy this.

Maybe you want to reduce it even more.

How bad can it be?

You agree with the collar to equip more devices.

You now find yourself in a straitjacket legbinder combo.

On top of all the things that were already equipped.

But, the timer isn't that long anymore.

Maybe it was worth it.

@Kimy

BUG REPORT

• When a DCL event is triggered (NPC or Trap), I often get a message about "you cannot wear multiple armbinders".  This usually happens because an Armbinder has been applied to the Player but then DCL tries to fit a straightjacket as well which obviously causes the error - I think a check is required to selected either an Armbinder or SJ, not both.

• Dominant Follower, when removing restraints from the Player, sometimes the restraints don't always remove completely.  Sometimes the item is removed from inventory but the animation (hands bound) continues as if the Player is still wearing the restraint.  Last time this happened to my Player she was wearing the new DD4 Prisoner chains which were visually removed and from inventory but the game continued as if she was still wearing them in terms of animation, locked menus, abilities and fast travel etc.

• Ankle Fetters are sometimes applied to the Player whist she is already wearing Prisoner Chains.  If you try to equip both of these items manually it will not allow multiple ankle chains to be worn but if they are added by a DCL event, they can both be applied to the Player.

As always, apologies if these have already been reported, this thread is so large I cannot keep up with what has and hasn't been reported.

thanks,

I am currently in the Cursed Loot quest where you speak to a guy called Leon and he asks for some help with a debt and to speak to some guy. The guys name is Claudius and at one point he is meant to teleport you to some mansion for a party... I think, haven't got that far. However the 2 times I've tried this I have had just full game freezes.  Claudius says to find him at the party, disappears and in that instance the game freezes. Alt tabbing is unresponsive and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get task manager and close hard stop Skyrim.

Is this a common bug on this mod and if so whats the work around? If not does someone know the name/ cell of the mansion so I can try coc to the place myself?

3 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I have another suggestion.

How about a collar that tries to trick you into bondage.

When the device is equipped it will have a timer, but that timer is really long. (maybe make it ludicrous to make people want to get it off.)

Periodically the device will remind you that it can give you something you want.

You can then activate it to significantly reduce the timer, but it then equips a special device you can't unequip.

The first things the collar equips on you after you agree to it, could be something harmless like leg and arm cuffs.

You collar halves it's timer, but it is still too long.

The cuffs and collar aren't in your way, but you want them off.

You agree to reduce the timer again and it equips you with a slightly more strict item.

Maybe something like a blindfold or boots.

You're now really starting to get restrained.

You agree to reduce the timer even further.

It equips a gag.

You're now have the collar, a pair of cuffs, blindfold, boott and a gag.

Maybe you're starting to enjoy this.

Maybe you want to reduce it even more.

How bad can it be?

You agree with the collar to equip more devices.

You now find yourself in a straitjacket legbinder combo.

On top of all the things that were already equipped.

But, the timer isn't that long anymore.

Maybe it was worth it.

This sounds awesome! Makes me think of the cursed collar interaction that bound you tighter and tighter when you tinkered with it.

12 minutes ago, Alissa Kane said:

I am currently in the Cursed Loot quest where you speak to a guy called Leon and he asks for some help with a debt and to speak to some guy. The guys name is Claudius and at one point he is meant to teleport you to some mansion for a party... I think, haven't got that far. However the 2 times I've tried this I have had just full game freezes.  Claudius says to find him at the party, disappears and in that instance the game freezes. Alt tabbing is unresponsive and I have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get task manager and close hard stop Skyrim.

Is this a common bug on this mod and if so whats the work around? If not does someone know the name/ cell of the mansion so I can try coc to the place myself?

Is your fast travel disabled? I had the same problem with every quest that tp'ed me somewhere until i reactivated it. May not be that though.

1 hour ago, Alissa Kane said:

Yeah, this is a common bug. I haven't run into it myself, but based on other reports, the best way around it is to lure Claudius into a quiet interior space before arranging to travel to the party (use console commands, if necessary). That is supposed to eliminate the freeze/CTD.

59 minutes ago, JuliusXX said:

Small bug report (v63 with DD4.0). Just played through the Leon/Leah quest and noticed that after the party, when getting rid of all the devices, the corset is still left on. I have to use the MCM's free me option to get rid of it.

I don't think it is specific to that quest, DCL tends to have problems removing corsets when full chastity gear is equipped in multiple scenarios