19 hours ago, LazyBoot said:
On 18/02/2018 at 4:07 PM, Thegoodman said:

Provided you have Bodyslide installed, it should be a simple thing. go into your game files (or, if you are using NMM, go to supported tools by the search bar), open bodyslide, and hit batch build. DO NOT PANIC if you get a second window titled "Choose output set". this is just for (In my experiance) choosing between HDT or non-HDT support.

This question has been asked by 2 people already on the same page... And keeps getting asked 3-5 times a week. I wonder if there should be a sort of troubleshooting FAQ on this mod even though you would've avoided most of these issues by just following the FAQs on every dependency you installed...

Or like this... That I posted before Xmas...

Here's a list of FAQ like questions and answers I gleaned from my reading:

Perhaps I got some things wrong. Please, everyone feel free to improve this list...

Massive list hidden here.

Original has sub-spoiler sections in, but this version hasn't... I saved it from the original thread, to clean up, and never got around to it.

Also needs some updates, probably, but I'm just posting it to make a point about FAQs.

If you have a question/answer to add, please do.

Spoiler

Q. Why isn't my body, or certain devices appearing?

Q. Why are my devices all clipping into each other?

A1. You need to batch build bodyslide.

A2. You installed a patch instead of the full version.

Q. Why do I have purple textures?

A1. You haven't actually completed the install properly. Did your NMM install actually complete successfully?

Q. Why does DCL frequently fail to install through NMM?

A. There's a dependency on skyrim.esm and often NMM turns skyrim.esm off for some reason. Quit NMM, reopen it, and re-run the install.

Q. How do I turn off "Come here woman" demands?

A. There's a checkbox for Misogyny in the Consequences section of the MCM.

Q. Why can't I drop any bondage devices? My inventory is full of them!

A. There's a checkbox called "Bondage Lover" in the Consequences section of the MCM. Scroll down. Right down.

If it's ticked it may also increase arousal from wearing bondage devices. (I'm not sure, but people say it does).

Q. How can I fix weird messages about "You place the <device> on bound girl" keep popping up?

Q. How can I fix error boxes telling me I have a broken Devious Devices install, trying to add incompatible device to None. Help!

A.  This is caused by "bound girls" that spawn in town centres and inns. Sometimes their aliases do not populate properly.

You may be able to fix this simply by setting the "Number of Slotted NPCs" in Devious Devices MCM (not DCL MCM), then reducing the number of bound girls allowed in the DCL MCM "Miscellaneous" tab (on the left, near the bottom).

If that does not work, you need to repopulate the aliases and restart the management quest from the console. There is a detailed description of how to do this posted repeatedly on the forum. It is fully fixable, and is unlikely to break your game.

Q. Why isn't <insert device> animating properly?

A. You need to re-run FNIS.

Q. Why is my script-lag so bad?

A. It's probably XPMSE, or Estrus for Skyrim, or some other mod; it's probably not DCL.

Q. How can I get arrested for being naked? Having sex? Getting raped?

A. In the MCM Consequences tab, there are options for "Public Indecency".

Q. Is there a prostitution option?

A. Yes. In the MCM "Solicitation" tab.

Q. How can I get into trouble for soliciting?

A. In the MCM "Solicitation" tab, on the right, there are options for failure. You can also set a chance for "critical failures," which are worse.

(Note that the Slut Collar, and Chain Harness, are pretty hardcore, and will cause you a lot of problems).

Q. I can't get into the MCM options while restrained!

A. There is an option in the MCM, at the top of "MIscellaneous" options to "Lock menu while tied". Untick it.

If you can't get into the menu, you can't untick it. You need to untick this before you get stuck in devices.

If you are really stuck, there is way to reset this directly from the console (but I can't remember exactly what it is).

Q.  I'm stuck, how get I get out of <devices> or <quest>?

A.  Use the FREE ME!!! button. If you have a locked menu, it's just about the only option you have. If you have full menu access, it's in "Debug".

Q. I can't get raped. The debug status says I'm not vulnerable to rape. I'm naked and helpless, so why not?

A. In the MCM "Rape" tab, there is an "Arousal Threshold", though it's not obvious, no rapes can occur if your arousal is below that threshold.

You can set it to zero, if you don't think your character's arousal should have any connection to getting raped or not.

Q. How do I remove the tentacle parasite?

A. Ask an alchemist. Do not eat the salve.

Q. I had self bondage on, and use items from inventory on, and I magically conjured an armbinder from nowhere. What gives, is this a bug?

A. Oddly enough, this is by design! If you don't like it, either make sure you have some bondage items with you at all times, or turn off self-bondage.

Q. Why can't I remove the <insert chastity belt here>? I have chastity keys.

A. The high security belts use "body restraint" keys, which are rare, non-craftable keys. They drop rate is off the "rare keys" chance.

Q. I'm in the Rubber Doll collar, but I have no quest info.

A. Quest doesn't start until the Rubber Doll collar starts to grow. Sometimes you can break this by doing weird things to your arousal. If you have your arousal rate set to something weird, reload, and set it to something normal before allowing the collar to grow.

Q. Where is the Dollmaker's Shop?

A. Dawnstar, on the edge of the water, almost at the far end from where you usually enter.

Q. Who is Sasha?

A. The Dollmaker's daughter. You can buy her!

Q. I bought Sasha, but she won't wear any devices.

A. She wears the devices that come from her special toy box. You were given it when you bought her. Unpack it. Enjoy.

Q. I can't get Sasha to play dominant.

A. You have to remove all devices off her. Make sure her collar is off.

Q. Can I get Sasha to enslave me properly?

A. 

Hide contents
Sort of. There's a variable you can set from the console so she won't stop being dominant. However, Sasha is a focus for new features, so who knows next version?

Q. I'm doing Damsel in Distress, and I can't figure out how to get out of <bondage item>.

A. The quest is not broken. There is a way out. That said, sometimes it breaks, but very rarely.

Do not accidentally use an SLDialogues chat, or other mod's chat to remove an item from this quest, then it will be broken.

Hide contents
Try struggling to escape arm binders. Search plants and anything else to get keys. Mostly you need keys, and rare keys at that, regular restraint and chastity keys probably aren't going to cut it. It takes time. Sometime an NPC will come along who might help you.

Q. Where are Sasha's plugs? I can't find them in the toy box / my inventory.

A. They exist as dialogue. Put her in a belt and then you can talk them into her. True!

Q. The Captured Dreams shop master took off all my devices, then put them back on? What gives?

A. Captured Dreams is not part of DCL. Removing DCL devices via CD can break your game, best not to try in case you succeed.

Q. Why doesn't Leon/Leah properly remove the obsidian corset when slavery (or Leon's quest) ends? How do I get it off?

A. Corsets seem to require a two pass remove, and even then sometimes get stuck, if you were wearing a belt.

This is due to some DD magic that merges corsets and belts so they render without clipping. To remove them requires unmerging them,

which seems to fail. A lot.  If it's a regular corset, a key should do the job. If it's the obsidian corset, the MCM "Debug" tab's FREE ME!!!

is probably your best course. Failing that, console yourself Leon's master key and remove it that way.

Q. I did a Little Bondage Adventure, but the vendor didn't remove the corset at the end. How do I get it off?

A. See above, but in this case Leon's master key is no use, and you need multiple body restraint keys.

If you can't get it off with FREE ME!!!, it may be bugged.

Q. How can I get SD+ enslaved via DCL combat defeat?

A. Use Simple Slavery to trigger SD+ enslavements from DCL.

Do not set Simple Slavery to give you DCL collars, do that directly via DCL defeat options (hardcore outcomes). SS seems to put the collars on bugged, sometimes.

Q. I got the item off by getting help in a dialogue but now something is broken... What can I do?

A. Reload. You removed a DCL item via an SLDialogues dialogue (or some other mod), and now it's broken.

In practice you can often fix this from the console by deleting the hidden, nameless device. Identify it by the model name. YMMV. Might break your save, but really, it's probably already broken.

Q. I had a DCL hardcore collar on, and then got SD+ enslaved. Things are weird. What can I do?

A. Reload. Definitely reload.

You can try using DCL "FREE ME!!!", probably twice, if you have a corset on, or something tricky.

Then, if there is an SD+ debug/console option to end the slavery (not sure about that), use it, because your SD+ enslavement is bound to be broken.

Q. I'm doing Leon's Party quest, and I can't find the <insert bondage item> here.

A. Check containers. Check ALL the containers. Don't forget to check containers on the entry floor, outside the door to the party that was locked.

Q. I ended up with Leon/Leah's obsidian piercings/corset stuck on me. How can I get them off?

A. The best way is to use the console to give yourself a copy of Leon's master key, then unlock them properly.

Q. If I finish the Bound Queen, can I wear the items afterwards?

A. Yes, you can. Once you have the key, you can add and remove the items.

Q. I've just about finished the Bound Queen, but Julius won't give me the key.

A.

Hide contents
You have to wait an absurdly long time.

Q. I've messed up the Bound Queen somehow, due to a crash, or another mod, or human error. Can I fix it?

A. If you need to add or remove items, you can give yourself the key via the console. While you have the key, items can be added or removed.

Just destroy the key afterwards.

Q. Leon/Leah/Sasha won't respond to me or offer the proper dialogue options. Is this normal?

A. No. They are broken. You need to reload an older save. This seems to happen less with Sasha, more with Leah.

Q. I finished the party quest, and picked Leah, but Leah is missing. Where can I find her?

A.  Reload an older save. It may be possible to summon her using console tricks. YMMV. Be careful, there are two Leah's.

Leah can bug-out, if you pick to be enslaved to her, while with Leon, and you break the slavery rules (e.g. lots of keys, or money), she breaks if she does a compliance check on you, and you're not actually there. This can happen while you're on the way to see her.

Corollary of this, don't ever wander away from Leah and break the compliance rules, it can make her bug out.

Q. I'm doing Leon's Party quest. The servant just teleported to the mansion but I got left behind. How can I fix it?

A. If you don't know his ID, the easiest way is to reload and try again.

If it fails persistently, reload, open console, select the servant (Claudius?) and find his ID.

Go to an indoor area, preferably a quiet one.

Use moveto player to bring him to you.

Initiate the dialogue and have him port you.

Other tips:

Playing a DCL game with SD+ or CD installed together with it, is very tempting, but the chance of a conflict is high, especially with collars or quests. I have never played a game with these in together and not had it go bad somehow.
There is an option in DCL to "disable all functions" in the "Debug" menu of the MCM. Do this before doing anything serious with CD or SD+. Even then, things can, and do go wrong.
DCL doesn't play as well with Deviously Helpless, Milk Mod Economy, Deviously Enslaved, or SexLab (Devious) Stories, as you might expect or hope. It's probably safer not to co-install these mods together if you can possibly resist the urge.
Death Alternative YMOYL is known for problems, avoid if you can possibly do so. You don' t need it for Live Another Life.
If you use Simple Slavery, you must enable the "patch" in the DCL install FOMOD. If you don't, SS will be broken and you will get wacky auctions, crashes to black screen, and the like.
If you enable hardcore bondage mitts, it can (rarely) cause you to drop quest items and break quests. The fix is to enable the option that stops you dropping items to the ground, so they just go into your inventory.
If you are careful, Devious Equip is safe with DCL, but only because Devious Equip doesn't do things automatically. Make sure you have no DCL items on, and disable DCL before using it, just to be safe. Similarly, get rid of all Devious Equip items before turning DCL back on.

It would be great if people would contribute to improve this list, so it just gets better, more accurate, and more complete over time, and will appear in the forum, repeatedly, where it will be hard for people to miss.

Include a link for how to batch build in bodyslide here?  E.g. here.  
https://www.loverslab.com/topic/71481-tutorial-building-dd-items-in-bodyslide-nmmmo/
Incidentally, I find when I have a problem with items not fitting correctly, it's usually becuase I forgot to tick "build morphs" in Bodyslide.  This setting is non-persistent so you have to tick it each time.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

Q. Why do I have purple textures?

A1. You haven't actually completed the install properly. Did your NMM install actually complete successfully?

Q. Why does DCL frequently fail to install through NMM?

A. There's a dependency on skyrim.esm and often NMM turns skyrim.esm off for some reason. Quit NMM, reopen it, and re-run the install.

Also, use Mod Organizer.

Q. How do I turn off "Come here woman" demands?

A. There's a checkbox for Misogyny in the Consequences section of the MCM.

Q. Why can't I drop any bondage devices? My inventory is full of them!

A. There's a checkbox called "Bondage Lover" in the Consequences section of the MCM. Scroll down. Right down.

If it's ticked it may also increase arousal from wearing bondage devices. (I'm not sure, but people say it does).

Q. How can I fix weird messages about "You place the <device> on bound girl" keep popping up?

Q. How can I fix error boxes telling me I have a broken Devious Devices install, trying to add incompatible device to None. Help!

A.  This is caused by "bound girls" that spawn in town centres and inns. Sometimes their aliases do not populate properly.

You may be able to fix this simply by setting the "Number of Slotted NPCs" in Devious Devices MCM (not DCL MCM), then reducing the number of bound girls allowed in the DCL MCM "Miscellaneous" tab (on the left, near the bottom).

If that does not work, you need to repopulate the aliases and restart the management quest from the console. There is a detailed description of how to do this posted repeatedly on the forum. It is fully fixable, and is unlikely to break your game.

There should be link to the 'detailed description', otherwise it defeats the aim of not having to search through the forum.  I just turn off bound girls myself.

Q. Why isn't <insert device> animating properly?

A. You need to re-run FNIS.

Q. Why is my script-lag so bad?

A. It's probably XPMSE, or Estrus for Skyrim, or some other mod; it's probably not DCL.

SLAR, CF and Sexy Moves all perform regular cell scans, which you can make less frequent or turn off entirely to reduce load.  I'm not sure whether the CF scan actually has any in-game effect, so that be an easy place to start.

Q. How can I get arrested for being naked? Having sex? Getting raped?

A. In the MCM Consequences tab, there are options for "Public Indecency".

NB There's currently a bug which prevents guards arresting you if you get raped or if you have "deferred arrest" selected (although you'll still get reported by civilians).  I provided an amended script here, which works for me.

Q. Is there a prostitution option?

A. Yes. In the MCM "Solicitation" tab.

Q. How can I get into trouble for soliciting?

A. In the MCM "Solicitation" tab, on the right, there are options for failure. You can also set a chance for "critical failures," which are worse.

(Note that the Slut Collar, and Chain Harness, are pretty hardcore, and will cause you a lot of problems).

Q. I can't get into the MCM options while restrained!

A. There is an option in the MCM, at the top of "MIscellaneous" options to "Lock menu while tied". Untick it.

If you can't get into the menu, you can't untick it. You need to untick this before you get stuck in devices.

If you are really stuck, there is way to reset this directly from the console (but I can't remember exactly what it is).

You can also safe-word.

Q.  I'm stuck, how get I get out of <devices> or <quest>?

A.  Use the FREE ME!!! button. If you have a locked menu, it's just about the only option you have. If you have full menu access, it's in "Debug".

It's always in Debug!  Note that this is disabled in hardcore mode, in which case you're stuck (but presumably wanted to be!).

Q. I can't get raped. The debug status says I'm not vulnerable to rape. I'm naked and helpless, so why not?

A. In the MCM "Rape" tab, there is an "Arousal Threshold", though it's not obvious, no rapes can occur if your arousal is below that threshold.

You can set it to zero, if you don't think your character's arousal should have any connection to getting raped or not.

There is also a setting to enable rape, which is off by default.

Q. How do I remove the tentacle parasite?

A. Ask an alchemist. Do not eat the salve.

Q. I had self bondage on, and use items from inventory on, and I magically conjured an armbinder from nowhere. What gives, is this a bug?

A. Oddly enough, this is by design! If you don't like it, either make sure you have some bondage items with you at all times, or turn off self-bondage.

Really?  This has never happened to me.

Q. Why can't I remove the <insert chastity belt here>? I have chastity keys.

A. The high security belts use "body restraint" keys, which are rare, non-craftable keys. They drop rate is off the "rare keys" chance.

The "high security" belt needs to be removed by a blacksmith (for a fee).  The chastity belt of misogyny requires 3 body restraint keys to unlock (which is ridiculous in my view: I just console up two additional keys after finding the first one).  The chastity belt of shame is timed and cannot be removed until the time is up.  The slave chastity belt requires five different keys to unlock.  Have I forgotten any?

Q. I'm in the Rubber Doll collar, but I have no quest info.

A. Quest doesn't start until the Rubber Doll collar starts to grow. Sometimes you can break this by doing weird things to your arousal. If you have your arousal rate set to something weird, reload, and set it to something normal before allowing the collar to grow.

Q. Where is the Dollmaker's Shop?

A. Dawnstar, on the edge of the water, almost at the far end from where you usually enter.

Spoiler!  I'm not sure we should be answering that question at all, but it needs spoiler tags at least.

Q. Who is Sasha?

A. The Dollmaker's daughter. You can buy her!

Q. I bought Sasha, but she won't wear any devices.

A. She wears the devices that come from her special toy box. You were given it when you bought her. Unpack it. Enjoy.

Q. I can't get Sasha to play dominant.

A. You have to remove all devices off her. Make sure her collar is off.

Q. Can I get Sasha to enslave me properly?

A. 

Reveal hidden contents

Q. I'm doing Damsel in Distress, and I can't figure out how to get out of <bondage item>.

A. The quest is not broken. There is a way out. That said, sometimes it breaks, but very rarely.

Do not accidentally use an SLDialogues chat, or other mod's chat to remove an item from this quest, then it will be broken.

Reveal hidden contents

Q. Where are Sasha's plugs? I can't find them in the toy box / my inventory.

A. They exist as dialogue. Put her in a belt and then you can talk them into her. True!

Q. The Captured Dreams shop master took off all my devices, then put them back on? What gives?

A. Captured Dreams is not part of DCL. Removing DCL devices via CD can break your game, best not to try in case you succeed.

Q. Why doesn't Leon/Leah properly remove the obsidian corset when slavery (or Leon's quest) ends? How do I get it off?

A. Corsets seem to require a two pass remove, and even then sometimes get stuck, if you were wearing a belt.

This is due to some DD magic that merges corsets and belts so they render without clipping. To remove them requires unmerging them,

which seems to fail. A lot.  If it's a regular corset, a key should do the job. If it's the obsidian corset, the MCM "Debug" tab's FREE ME!!!

is probably your best course. Failing that, console yourself Leon's master key and remove it that way.

Q. I did a Little Bondage Adventure, but the vendor didn't remove the corset at the end. How do I get it off?

A. See above, but in this case Leon's master key is no use, and you need multiple body restraint keys.

If you can't get it off with FREE ME!!!, it may be bugged.

Q. How can I get SD+ enslaved via DCL combat defeat?

A. Use Simple Slavery to trigger SD+ enslavements from DCL.

Do not set Simple Slavery to give you DCL collars, do that directly via DCL defeat options (hardcore outcomes). SS seems to put the collars on bugged, sometimes.

Q. I got the item off by getting help in a dialogue but now something is broken... What can I do?

A. Reload. You removed a DCL item via an SLDialogues dialogue (or some other mod), and now it's broken.

In practice you can often fix this from the console by deleting the hidden, nameless device. Identify it by the model name. YMMV. Might break your save, but really, it's probably already broken.

Q. I had a DCL hardcore collar on, and then got SD+ enslaved. Things are weird. What can I do?

A. Reload. Definitely reload.

You can try using DCL "FREE ME!!!", probably twice, if you have a corset on, or something tricky.

Then, if there is an SD+ debug/console option to end the slavery (not sure about that), use it, because your SD+ enslavement is bound to be broken.

Q. I'm doing Leon's Party quest, and I can't find the <insert bondage item> here.

A. Check containers. Check ALL the containers. Don't forget to check containers on the entry floor, outside the door to the party that was locked.

Q. I ended up with Leon/Leah's obsidian piercings/corset stuck on me. How can I get them off?

A. The best way is to use the console to give yourself a copy of Leon's master key, then unlock them properly.

This is a duplicate question (at least for the corset).

Proposed addition:

Q. I am wearing a blindfold (i.e. it is shown on my face and the blindfold effect is active) but there is no blindfold equipped in inventory and I am unable to remove it by safe-wording.

A. This bug isn't caused by DCL.  There is a solution here. https://www.loverslab.com/topic/59665-devious-devices-blindfold-effect-wont-go-away/?p=1922734

Thanks for the Faq.

I want to ask about some of the loot in DCL, specifically Sasha's stuff that I've learned to acquire in the console.

Her boots,

her corset,

her locket, 

Her ankle chains,

And a few other items I might have missed, well

Would player get some sort of attraction-bonus for wearing them?

If Peaches loaded up on a set of items excluding any chastity-type items, would it help anything?

*I* (user) don't count, although I swear I seem to be getting some virtual fetish.

Bondage-lover: not checked, I want her (player-Peaches) to only have what she's wearing to keep her weight down.

Irresistable urges: I keep her arousal below the trigger level, or she ends up putting on stuff that blocks some sex.

What she'd like is something pretty to really get her partner going.

I was convinced that armbinders do this, but that might have been a bug,

and armbinders are fine in the house but afterwards they kind of stick out and get in the way.

I might delete this, it might not be proper to dispel mysteries...I'll be back later/ 

11 hours ago, 2dk2c said:

Thanks for the Faq.

I want to ask about some of the loot in DCL, specifically Sasha's stuff that I've learned to acquire in the console.

Her boots,

her corset,

her locket, 

Her ankle chains,

And a few other items I might have missed, well

Would player get some sort of attraction-bonus for wearing them?

If Peaches loaded up on a set of items excluding any chastity-type items, would it help anything?

*I* (user) don't count, although I swear I seem to be getting some virtual fetish.

Bondage-lover: not checked, I want her (player-Peaches) to only have what she's wearing to keep her weight down.

Irresistable urges: I keep her arousal below the trigger level, or she ends up putting on stuff that blocks some sex.

What she'd like is something pretty to really get her partner going.

I was convinced that armbinders do this, but that might have been a bug,

and armbinders are fine in the house but afterwards they kind of stick out and get in the way.

I might delete this, it might not be proper to dispel mysteries...I'll be back later/ 

acquiring stuff thru the console (or add item menu or similar mod) can cause problems if they are quest items,

and last time i checked all of Sasha's items are quest items (so adding a extra copy thru console can cause problems up to breaking the game).

bondage lover - if this acts up (its unchecked but acts like its active) you can try going to a quiet place and then check the box, exit all menus, wait a minute (or 3),

go back into the MCM and uncheck it again, wait again, then check to see if it fixed it.  if all else fails you can use the "free me" button to try to 

reset the mod (this will end all DCL quests and remove DCL and generic items though).

getting the partner going sounds like it was a bug, but this is affected by Devious Devices settings (npc slotted, and what they are wearing affects this), and whether they

are considered "nude", or what is in their sight line (SLA, SLAR affects this). 

the armbinders issue is actually an issue with Devious Devices - specifically how many NPCs it checks - you can try increasing the number of NPCs slotted in it's MCM and

see if that fixes the issue.

I've noticed a few small bugs that I keep encountering: 

• Any catsuit/dress/straightjacket that's equipped on the player is duplicated, ie every time one is equipped, I'll have two inventory items. Looking through the code, it looks like this is because you call libs.equipDevice before calling a.addItem for all dresses and suits. Look around line 2700 in dcur_library.
  • The conditions for the gagged dialogue "Someone forgot to tie your hands..." is backwards, so this line is spoken only when the player's hands are already tied.
  • It seems like the "You dream of bondage..." event doesn't take into consideration the restraints threshold, as my character was dressed head to toe, only missing a gag and blindfold, and then got that event, twice in a row.
  • The rape trigger's seem to be off, as my character had a chastity bra, belt, and a gag, but was still raped while sleeping to recover from her struggling attempts.

One problem I have had since updating is that the character's arms do not pull back into armbinders like they used to. Her hands disappear and her stumpy arms hang at her sides like normal, although they do position as expected during any armbinder animations before going back to hanging at her sides afterward.

4 hours ago, IronDusk33 said:

The rape trigger's seem to be off

I've seen this too. Repeatedly. Also, I'm reasonably convinced that "boots make vulnerable" overrides everything, or at least some things it shouldn't, such as rape entirely disabled, is still enabled if you're in slave boots.

This might be related to disabling DCL events blocking certain updates of state from the MCM though.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:48 AM, donkeywho said:

Thanks!  That could well be the problem!  I'll try that first

After a load of testing, egs waiting 30+ days for respawn to happen, clearing the property and console reset of cells, and going back to old saves, I guess that my problem with not being allowed to wait in my Player House probably has nothing to do with the DCL's Tentacles and Smellies - on old save loads, it actually seems to predate the tentacle wearing

It's more likely to be the base game 'Trespassing Bug'. Can't find any any fix for that anywhere that works.  Not trying to hijack Kimy's thread, but anyone any clue on that?  Send me a PM if you'd rather not post it here 

TIA for any help offered

14 hours ago, IronDusk33 said:

The rape trigger's seem to be off, as my character had a chastity bra, belt, and a gag, but was still raped while sleeping to recover from her struggling attempts.

10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I've seen this too. Repeatedly. Also, I'm reasonably convinced that "boots make vulnerable" overrides everything, or at least some things it shouldn't, such as rape entirely disabled, is still enabled if you're in slave boots.

This might be related to disabling DCL events blocking certain updates of state from the MCM though.

I think that the rape while sleeping is based purely on chance, and doesn't depend on anything else. It also seems like it 'triggers' before actually scanning for rapists, so you'll get the "You're getting pulled out of bed..." line even if there is no one there. I'm also really hoping for Kimy to finally add some morality and relationship conditions, so that my character won't get raped by Priest of Mara, or at least not by Erandur after I saved all of Dawnstar.

3 hours ago, IronDusk33 said:

I think that the rape while sleeping is based purely on chance, and doesn't depend on anything else. It also seems like it 'triggers' before actually scanning for rapists, so you'll get the "You're getting pulled out of bed..." line even if there is no one there. I'm also really hoping for Kimy to finally add some morality and relationship conditions, so that my character won't get raped by Priest of Mara, or at least not by Erandur after I saved all of Dawnstar.

I think you are exactly right. But other than the top-level rape enable, the MCM gives the impression that's how it works.

Maybe it would be less MCM items overall if there were one consistent way to configure rape and its modifiers, and being asleep was simply one more of those modifiers.

As for the identity of rapists, and morality, misogyny suffers from this too. It's quite odd who will force themselves on you, and when.

Personally, I think it would make more sense if shop keepers didn't do this, unless specifically enabled, because it's really odd when they practically rape you, then you invest in their shop, and they buy a load of random junk from you. I could see it if it were a bit more realistically oppressive - if they hinted that if you oblige them you'll get better prices, but if you don't, they might tell the guard you stole a sweet roll, and then you choose, and then there's a morality based chance they'll do something good if you were enthusiastic, or bad if you rejected the advance. Unless you're bound of course, then they just do as they like. Obviously, in that case, you were asking for it! At least that's what my sexist guard told me.

In this new, more rational world, only guards would inflict the misogyny refusal punishments on you, in response to a citizen complaint. It hardly makes sense that a shopkeeper or random townsperson would chance trying to overpower a heavily armed and armored woman, with a history of violence, just to slap a time-locked chastity belt on her.

Also, for rape, I'd rather have some shifty looking men hanging around taverns and town squares (e.g. with names like Storm Cloak Glory Seeker, and Imperial Volunteer, depending on location), people from out of town, travelling because of the war ... and they would be the only ones to actually rape you (apart from specifically listed NPCs that Kimy judged liable to rape). That would give Riften a very different feel, to say Solitude. In Riften, the whole town square, or anyone in a tavern might jump on you, even the women, but in Solitude, not so much.

I'd rather NPCs like that, than the bound girls, who are more a Skyrim equivalent a slot machine for gamblers.

It also looks like the Bondage Adventure quest is also bugged. My character was locked up by the Dollmaker, but the quest for some reason told me to go to Adrianne in Whiterun?

Actually no...

Upon looking closer, it looks like the person you have to return to is completely random, and I have no idea why that is.

50 minutes ago, Higurashika said:

I dont understand why, but  sex initiated by Cursed Loot always break game >.< Prev version works well for me. New is somehow bugged.

upd ok, it happens because of body scaling... still dont understand why

What do you mean by "break game", is that a Crash To Desktop (CTD) or some other sort of problem?

You can turn off scaling in the Sexlab MCM menu by turning off the "Potential CTD Fix" option first (it didn't really work so...).

I seem to remember that Cursed Loot has something to prevent the mod from working with children (which is good), but some mods that modify children can create issues.  Will this mod cause a similar issue: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/88790?tab=files.  I only ask because I would prefer the packed version to minimize plugins, as opposed to the individual mods that would allow for Babette to be excluded and remain unmodified.

11 hours ago, Higurashika said:

This

I did it and it works for now.

But now i get some broken textures.. obsidian and some other exotic materials. And Leon has a blue skin =\

You are using DCL 6.3 with the new Devious Devices mods?  I think they may have a few broken textures in the new DD mods but none of those items should be used in DCL yet.

hi and thanx for this mod....

i have an idea to upgrade it a little...

how about a block for the "lucky charm" if one(or maybe three) is already carried.

i often forget to disable the luckycharm drops if i already carry too many too even remotely run out of charms in a dungeon...

and just pushing up the trap chances is taking away the speciality and tension if that container is trapped when the charms run out...

just a thought....

maybe you consider it...

anyway, thanx for all the work with the mod so far...

First of all I just want to say I love this mod and I'm loving the changes in the December update. I've only got one real question so far: I'm a huge straitjacket fan and even though I turned up the drop chance for straitjackets and dresses up high, cursed loot still seems to 'favor' things like cuffs, gags and armbinders. So far I've only seen one jacket in several hours of casual messing around, and it wasn't even cursed, it was a regular drop.

• How can I increase the drop rate of straitjackets and dresses in both trapped and non trapped containers? I would love to open a cursed container and get wrapped up in a jacket.
  • How can I disable the pear of anguish?

Love the rest of the mod, keep up the great work!

7 hours ago, dyslexicfurby said:
  • How can I increase the drop rate of straitjackets and dresses in both trapped and non trapped containers? I would love to open a cursed container and get wrapped up in a jacket.
  • How can I disable the pear of anguish?
  1. Set up your CK so you can load and build DCL.
  2. Modify code / formlists according to taste.
  3. profit!

As (1) is surprisingly tricky - you need all the soft deps to build, it's probably not worth the bother. 

Instead if you get a pear of anguish, just console whatever you need to remove it (keys for chastity belt, or whatever), then discard it, and put everything back on and console remove the keys too.

For straitjacket, when you find yourself in an armbinder, simply console a straitjacket, console keys for binder, remove, put on jacket. It's a bit bothersome, but much easier than setting up to re-build DCL.

On 2/22/2018 at 12:34 AM, MetZwerg said:

hi and thanx for this mod....

i have an idea to upgrade it a little...

how about a block for the "lucky charm" if one(or maybe three) is already carried.

i often forget to disable the luckycharm drops if i already carry too many too even remotely run out of charms in a dungeon...

and just pushing up the trap chances is taking away the speciality and tension if that container is trapped when the charms run out...

just a thought....

maybe you consider it...

anyway, thanx for all the work with the mod so far...

@Kimy

If you were ever to consider this seriously, could you please make any such 'block' optional?  I hear what is being said, and have no objection to the idea in principle, but a fixed 'block' set at a small number could be a big step backwards to some types of gameplay.  I shall now go off to see if I can find a cool down spot.. LOL

TIA 

29 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

@Kimy

If you were ever to consider this seriously, could you please make any such 'block' optional?  I hear what is being said, and have no objection to the idea in principle, but a fixed 'block' set at a small number could be a big step backwards to some types of gameplay.  I shall now go off to see if I can find a cool down spot.. LOL

TIA 

Word... especially because you can just not loot them if you don't want any more, or decrease the drop rate to 1%.  Or even better not chain equip them and instead save them for after a trap has gone off to keep the situation from getting any worse while you scrounge for keys.

23 hours ago, dyslexicfurby said:

First of all I just want to say I love this mod and I'm loving the changes in the December update. I've only got one real question so far: I'm a huge straitjacket fan and even though I turned up the drop chance for straitjackets and dresses up high, cursed loot still seems to 'favor' things like cuffs, gags and armbinders. So far I've only seen one jacket in several hours of casual messing around, and it wasn't even cursed, it was a regular drop.

There isn't a super easy way to directly increase the drop rate of a specific item AFAIK.  The "weights" for straitjacket/hobble dress/catsuits I believe only effect what type of suit you will get when DCUL picks a suit to be equipped (so if straitjacket was high and catsuit+hobble are low, you should usually get a straitjacket when a suit gets equipped).

You can however indirectly increase your chances by:

- Increasing "Standard Item" event weight, so more regular items (including suits) get equipped.

- Increasing minimum and maximum items per container amounts, and increasing the worn restraints threshold (more slots filled per trap = more chances of a suit)

- disabling some of the other types of items in the Devices menu.  If you can't be equipped with chastity bras/hoods/blindfolds/gags ect you are more likely to get a suit instead.

- carry around a few of your favorite straitjackets/dresses in your inventory and increase the chance of "Self Bondage Gas Traps" - this trap only equips items from your inventory.

31 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Word... especially because you can just not loot them if you don't want any more, or decrease the drop rate to 1%.  Or even better not chain equip them and instead save them for after a trap has gone off to keep the situation from getting any worse while you scrounge for keys.

LOL....

you don´t loot plants often don´t you ?

i play with a 1% dropchance if i have less then 3 lucky charms and with 0.5% when i have up to 5, and over that point i usually disable it....

the point is, that i often tend to forget do adust/disable it.

and inside a dungeon i usually try to avoid going to menus for doing that too much kills the mood...

so i just asked for an option to set it automatically..

if you prefer menu hopping to aadjust droprates, it´s your choice, but i prefer undisturbed skyrimplay....

and judged by the mod so far, amy is more than clever enough to just use a number slider like in all her other choices in this mod.

or did you never look at the cursed loot menus ?