Devious devices blindfold effect won't go away?

Zor2k13

I have the devious devices mods and zaz animation pack installed and under the devious devices mcm menu for slots I changed the default slot 41 long hair to slot 57 and then the blindfold effect happened even though I am not wearing one or have any in my inventory. I tried changing it to other slots that don't appear to be used like slot 60 and even the tail slot 40 since I never play a character that has a tail. The effect is still there can't get rid of it. I changed it in the first place because it was interfering with some helmets from other mods showing while worn. How do I fix this effect problem?

If I use the console command teofis then ALL dof effects just go away and everything works but there is no default blur effects like before this blindfold bug. I am using enb boost but can't bring up the dam menu for it no matter what the key bindings in my enblocal.ini file say it still won't work.

Had the same problem a long time ago.  I didnt change any armor slots but had a phantom blindfold on that wasn't in my inventory.  I had to completely uninstall all Sexlab and Devious Devices mods and dependencies, run Save tool script cleaner, http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/52363/? and it was finally gone.  

Another option could be to install Kimy's Deviously Cursed loot and use the "SAFE WORD" function that removes all devious devices and terminates all devious quests etc.  (definitely the easier option)

Soooooooooo glad I had an earlier save and didn't have to mutilate my save game:-) I think what caused the error was trying to equip the helmet I wanted my pc to wear several times and then going into the devious devices menu and changing the slot to 57 and then 60 etc which caused the bug. Best thing to do is not be wearing any head hear at all then change it to a compatible slot number. I am sticking with slot 40 since my pc will never be a tail wearing race.

• 1 year later...

For anyone encountering this, I seem to have found a fix:

So I had the exact same problem and didn't realize it, as I somehow had managed to deactivate the effect. Problem was, the blindfold was still there and the next time I equipped one, the phantom blindfold reappeared. I didn't want to go back to a previous save because I realized, the bug was present in all saves for the previous 12h of gameplay.. So after trying Master at the CD shop, cheats in the MCM menu and many other things, this is what helped:

By looking at it I managed to identify the type of blindfold (it was a white custom). Then I moved all my stuff into a chest and only left a white custom blindfold in my inventory (plus some quest items, but you can ignore these). Through rapid clicking on the item in the inventory I even got to a "valid" state, as in equipped in inventory and on player model and blindfold effect present..

After that I selected my PC in the console and ran the "removeallitems" command, which seemed to fix the problem.  :cool: (Don't worry, it doesn't remove quest items)

• 3 months later...

For anyone encountering this, I seem to have found a fix:

So I had the exact same problem and didn't realize it, as I somehow had managed to deactivate the effect. Problem was, the blindfold was still there and the next time I equipped one, the phantom blindfold reappeared. I didn't want to go back to a previous save because I realized, the bug was present in all saves for the previous 12h of gameplay.. So after trying Master at the CD shop, cheats in the MCM menu and many other things, this is what helped:

By looking at it I managed to identify the type of blindfold (it was a white custom). Then I moved all my stuff into a chest and only left a white custom blindfold in my inventory (plus some quest items, but you can ignore these). Through rapid clicking on the item in the inventory I even got to a "valid" state, as in equipped in inventory and on player model and blindfold effect present..

After that I selected my PC in the console and ran the "removeallitems" command, which seemed to fix the problem.  :cool: (Don't worry, it doesn't remove quest items)

thanks for your help, i just had this problem and your solution worked :)

Archived