Yes, the Engage Radius is used to determine how close a creature must be to an actor to begin a pursuit. So if you decide not to use pursuit you may want to use a lower value to avoid excessive teleportation.

I'm honestly not sure how to trigger creature voices other than the limited options for dogs. Most, if not all, are just not supported in the available dialogue voice types - it looks like they have voices but it's not possible to make them say anything. Well, I imagine it is possible I just don't know how to do it. Maybe I can force them to attack nothing at the start of a pursuit since the behaviour usually includes a vocal element of some type. Pretty crude workaround though.

Once the animation starts almost everything is handed over to SL so if there are any syncing issue there it may be a problem with the latest version.

Unfortunately ragdolling is out of the question as triggering an SL animation at any point before the PC recovers causes the camera to glitch out. The characters will still get instantly stood up and their positions zeroed out at the start of the animation anyway which has put me off trying to do any fancy intro sequences. I just don't know enough about the animation system to do anything else really. I may put in an option to disable the stagger animation that plays at the end of the pursuit is some find it annoying.

I think Submit or Defeat has an option for guards reacting to public sex. One thing you could do is uncheck Allow Weapons in the PC options, then, if you know a creature is after you, you can draw your weapons and he'll change his mind when he gets to you.

That's an interesting point about non-consensual options, but it's one of those things that makes me worry about option proliferation and just how complicated this mod might get. As soon as we say there is another state to consider we have to multiply the relevant options for that state and things get crazy very quickly.

I definitely think the extra options are valid - I'm actually interested in the idea of creatures acting differently at night or inside cities, or at the player home, for example - but it escalates so fast that I really start to worry it just isn't used enough to warrant the explosion of toggles and sliders in the MCM (not to mention the opportunity for users to click the wrong thing and have no idea why it's not working any more).

The fiasco with trying to support creature gender has left me second-guessing every potential new option. Maybe someone out there has some idea had to extend the functionality without the MCM turning into an IQ test.

As just another user of your mod, and one with no developer knowledge of scripting:

What concerns me most about future development of SLAC is the potential explosion in script load. SLAC's narrow focus (non-combat initiated creature uh, engagements) means it's best used as part of a more comprehensive SexLab loadout. That makes script load a key consideration, to ensure it plays well with other mods. And SLAC already had an unavoidable detection cloak, with associated script load.

I guess my concern is that elaborate behaviour sequences, such as suggested by Circ, could be really bad for SLAC by making it too demanding of papyrus. I'm open to correction - but everything I've seen, complex sequences come at a cost. (Maria Eden for example uses pretty complex sequences and rather demands it be played almost exclusively with a loadout tailored around it because its such an all-encompassing gameplay mod).

Anyhow, just voicing my concern - I guess I see mod development as tending towards increased complexity (if the authors continue to support it as you have) and I'm just hoping SLAC doesn't end up with stability and script load issues that weren't initially there. Maybe not warranted, but I hope you don't mind me voicing it.

If I may ask, how much extra script load is exerted by SLAC version 4 with its added pursuit option? Part of me wants to stay with version 3 if there is significant added script load, but version 3 also no longer plays well with the current version of defeat and its altered calm cloak.

Finally, I don't think I ever said thank you for making SLAC. Its been a part of my load order since I started with Sexlab mods - thanks for your contribution to my game!

Edit: Again, if I'm overstating the potential problem, do let me know. Unsure how valid the Maria Eden comparison is, so much under the hood I don't understand.

In theory the v4 Alpha should run a little faster than v3 in most cases as the victim condition stack has been pushed out into a separate function that can return sooner (previously the stack was in inside a while loop that had to keep testing every condition no matter what. And now the creatures' victim search is staggered over 900ms based on the distance of the creature from the PC so we don't have everything firing off at once every time the cloak is applied,

The pursuit itself shouldn't cause script lag any more than a regular quest scene. Increasing the complexity of the scene shouldn't cause any more lag as the execution is spread out while the scene runs. Adding additional conditions like creature gender, location and time won't be a problem in that regard when the mod is used normally. Even then it's possible to use configurations that trip early tests for quicker failure and so reduce execution time (like using Both or Creature Only for Required Arousal, turning off the Collar options, etc).

However, I'm not going to worry too much about the adaptive creature behaviour for now. While it would be fun the project would get bogged down pretty quickly. There is still some additional basic functionality and cleaning up to do for v4 so it may even get a little slimmer in regards to execution time per-creature.

So I came to this thread intending to suggest a pursuit mechanic, and quickly found out that you have already implemented it :D

Made my day. Great minds eh?

So I gave the Alpha a whirl with the new SL1.60 and everything seemed to work as it should exept the pounce mechanic, didnt happen, dunno if thats a 1.60 issue or something else on my end, thought ide mention it though. Will test to see if reverting to 1.59c makes any difference. Apart from that it works great, thank you so much for the excellent work!

I did have a humble suggestion for the pursuit mechanic, so that it could have levels of severity based on the difference between the PC and creatures arousal and some options based around that.

So for example, the engagement level is set at 35 for creature and PC, and in this instance the PC is at 37, and the creature is at 39. Its just above the threshold, but its not a burning desire on either side, so the creature starts to follow the pc and initiates a dialogue when in range, like "creature X gives you a lustful look" and you have the choice to either ignore it and let the creature continue to follow or accept right there and then and get to buisness. So if you want to accept you can have the creature follow you to a place of your choice and then initiate the dialogue again and have sex, rather than just doing it right there in the street, seems to make more sense for a consensual interaction. Now to spice it up, if you choose to ignore the creature, then based on the difference in your arousal levels two things can happen; If your arousal is similar, or the creatures is lower than yours (but still over the threshold for pursuit) then when you ignore the advance it is likely that it will just follow you around until its pursuit timer runs out and it loses interest unless you re-initiate by opening the dialogue, but if the creature is more aroused than you, then the likelihood of it deciding to rape you increases, and then it would become an aggressive pursuit with the pounce mechanic active. Also you could make every successful "ignore" increase said creatures arousal so next time its harder etc....

Possible? Viable?

Either way the mod rocks currently so thanks :D

Hi.  :)

I hope i dont ask any silly questions and if i do then please dont get mad   :-/ , but ..

is this new Alpha with this very cool pursuit/pounce scenario only going to be for the 1.60 sexlab, or will it also be compatible with 1.59? 

Just so i know if i delay going to 1.60 for now. 

I love SLAC and have always had it in my mod list, along with Lovers Victim and SLA and its widget, and Defeat.

In the past i always had it on 'either' to increase possible surprises and it was always odd how i would walk past a animal and it would go from calm and almost looking like it didnt even know i was there to, instant strip and wham bam!.  :blush:

So this build up, follow and pounce seems very exciting , especially with dialogue.

Also, either way is it wise to maybe wait for the finished product before installing? as i have the worst luck with MODS and scared of breaking my fragile Skyrim..hehe..

I love to play and report back and test things but right now anything much less than a safe MOD is killing my skyrim  :(

In theory the v4 Alpha should run a little faster than v3 in most cases as the victim condition stack has been pushed out into a separate function that can return sooner (previously the stack was in inside a while loop that had to keep testing every condition no matter what. And now the creatures' victim search is staggered over 900ms based on the distance of the creature from the PC so we don't have everything firing off at once every time the cloak is applied,

The pursuit itself shouldn't cause script lag any more than a regular quest scene. Increasing the complexity of the scene shouldn't cause any more lag as the execution is spread out while the scene runs. Adding additional conditions like creature gender, location and time won't be a problem in that regard when the mod is used normally. Even then it's possible to use configurations that trip early tests for quicker failure and so reduce execution time (like using Both or Creature Only for Required Arousal, turning off the Collar options, etc).

However, I'm not going to worry too much about the adaptive creature behaviour for now. While it would be fun the project would get bogged down pretty quickly. There is still some additional basic functionality and cleaning up to do for v4 so it may even get a little slimmer in regards to execution time per-creature.

Thanks for the reply and elaboration on potential script load. I'll switch to v4 then.

So I came to this thread intending to suggest a pursuit mechanic, and quickly found out that you have already implemented it :D

Made my day. Great minds eh?

So I gave the Alpha a whirl with the new SL1.60 and everything seemed to work as it should exept the pounce mechanic, didnt happen, dunno if thats a 1.60 issue or something else on my end, thought ide mention it though. Will test to see if reverting to 1.59c makes any difference. Apart from that it works great, thank you so much for the excellent work!

I did have a humble suggestion for the pursuit mechanic, so that it could have levels of severity based on the difference between the PC and creatures arousal and some options based around that.

So for example, the engagement level is set at 35 for creature and PC, and in this instance the PC is at 37, and the creature is at 39. Its just above the threshold, but its not a burning desire on either side, so the creature starts to follow the pc and initiates a dialogue when in range, like "creature X gives you a lustful look" and you have the choice to either ignore it and let the creature continue to follow or accept right there and then and get to buisness. So if you want to accept you can have the creature follow you to a place of your choice and then initiate the dialogue again and have sex, rather than just doing it right there in the street, seems to make more sense for a consensual interaction. Now to spice it up, if you choose to ignore the creature, then based on the difference in your arousal levels two things can happen; If your arousal is similar, or the creatures is lower than yours (but still over the threshold for pursuit) then when you ignore the advance it is likely that it will just follow you around until its pursuit timer runs out and it loses interest unless you re-initiate by opening the dialogue, but if the creature is more aroused than you, then the likelihood of it deciding to rape you increases, and then it would become an aggressive pursuit with the pounce mechanic active. Also you could make every successful "ignore" increase said creatures arousal so next time its harder etc....

Possible? Viable?

Either way the mod rocks currently so thanks :D

The pounce option has to be enabled in the AC MCM. There are separate options for the PC and NPCs.

Just to be clear: the "pounce" is a generic creature attack that does no damage. It is possible that the pounce will not get to play if the creature has trouble targeting the victim before the scene ends and the SL animation starts.

I'm looking at the possibility of dialogue options for consensual engagements but this is new territory for me so no promises. The adaptive creature behaviour is certainly interesting and something I am considering.

Hi.  :)

I hope i dont ask any silly questions and if i do then please dont get mad   :-/ , but ..

is this new Alpha with this very cool pursuit/pounce scenario only going to be for the 1.60 sexlab, or will it also be compatible with 1.59? 

Just so i know if i delay going to 1.60 for now. 

I love SLAC and have always had it in my mod list, along with Lovers Victim and SLA and its widget, and Defeat.

In the past i always had it on 'either' to increase possible surprises and it was always odd how i would walk past a animal and it would go from calm and almost looking like it didnt even know i was there to, instant strip and wham bam!.  :blush:

So this build up, follow and pounce seems very exciting , especially with dialogue.

Also, either way is it wise to maybe wait for the finished product before installing? as i have the worst luck with MODS and scared of breaking my fragile Skyrim..hehe..

I love to play and report back and test things but right now anything much less than a safe MOD is killing my skyrim  :(

SLAC 4v Alpha 02 is compatible with SL 1.59c though there will be no aggressive animation filtering.

If a save is particularly important to you then it is generally a bad idea to risk any mod that is still under development.

Having said that, I'm not planning on removing any forms that are used in the current alpha so in theory later upgrades shouldn't cause any problems if you use a clean save.

Thankyou for your reply Rebel  :shy:

A couple questions regarding.. :-/

Sorry, what is agressive animation filtering? is that being able to choose what aggressive animations are used by creatures? The only thing i ever do regarding animal animations is turn off some of the sexlab ones, like most of the non-doggy-style dog/wolf ones and also a few horse anims. i also turn off werewolf-gal animations as they to me look silly with a girl player. :P

Or does it mean soemthing else?

As long as the MOD isnt gonna 'CTD - me' endlessly or really mess up my player or animations, i am all game for trying it. i have so many saves that if it goes 'boobies up' i can always un-install it via MO and then load a older save that didnt have that MOD on it. But i am crossing my fingers it will work. :)

I just really want that stalking/following/pouncing scenario and its dialogue thats been mention when an animal or my sophie is aroused XD :lol:

The idea of being stalked and followed by a lusty creature is a huge turn on..hehe  :blush:

The pounce option has to be enabled in the AC MCM. There are separate options for the PC and NPCs.

Just to be clear: the "pounce" is a generic creature attack that does no damage. It is possible that the pounce will not get to play if the creature has trouble targeting the victim before the scene ends and the SL animation starts.

I'm looking at the possibility of dialogue options for consensual engagements but this is new territory for me so no promises. The adaptive creature behaviour is certainly interesting and something I am considering.

Sorry I should have specified that I had activated all the relevant functions in the AC MCM, it made no difference. The effect was absent regardless. As I said that was with SL1.60, since then I had another go with 1.59c and the pounce worked as billed. So I don't know what the specifics might be there, it seems that 1.60 still has a fair amount of kinks to be ironed out, ive had a fair few issues with it myself. It might just be my current setup.

Thanks for the reply :) 

Sorry, what is agressive animation filtering?

This just means that animations considered aggressive will be restricted to non-consensual animations and visa versa. This is a feature made possible for creatures in the new SexLab release.

I've played the latest AC release for several hours doing main quest stuff to be sure it's not doing anything game destroying.

Sorry I should have specified that I had activated all the relevant functions in the AC MCM, it made no difference. The effect was absent regardless. As I said that was with SL1.60, since then I had another go with 1.59c and the pounce worked as billed. So I don't know what the specifics might be there, it seems that 1.60 still has a fair amount of kinks to be ironed out, ive had a fair few issues with it myself. It might just be my current setup.

The pounce is only used in pursuit when it's non-consensual. If you have options that make all engagements consensual such as using the "Adaptive" option for Consent with the PC/NPC threshold set to 0 or just the "Consensual" option.

The behaviour used for the pounce is a vanilla template and not related to SL at all. The only think I can imagine is that 1.6x is executing much faster for some people and not giving the behaviour time to run. I've been testing with both SL versions and have only seen the pounce fail in reasonable circumstances (such as a horse facing the wrong way at the end of a pursuit and not having to time turn around)... and of course those times when the pounce turns into a real fight, which is why pounce is disabled by default.

It works! i have this alpha 4.0 version on my skyrim with 1.59 Sexlab and it seems to work ( touch wood).

Animals sense my arousal and follow me. i had a friggin Werewolf detect me close to Falkreath and he sprinted through the trees and knocked me down, making my Sophia do a stumble animation! followed by a aggressive humping. Was quite spectacular.

The only thing i did notice for a while after installing it, was that creatures seemed fully passive when approached. i was exploring a road and came across 3 wolves. they all just watched me and i even approached close enough to touch them and they acted tame. i even came across a Hentai Troll who had just killed a mage and he turned and stood as i walked towards him, not even a slight sign of aggression. 

Does this mod remove wild animals from seeing you as any kind of threat? It feels as though the follow/pounce new situation has removed their anger and aggression.

I'm not sure I tested the alpha with 1.59c, but animals are still aggro with 1.60 for me.

Anyway, this might be a SL 1.60 bug but you never know.

Devious Devices used have a bug a version or two back where if you saved when on horseback and then reloaded, your horse would start flying sideways, ascending, when you were still on it and tried to move.

The above bug is gone, and either way I'm not using any DD mods at the moment, but a similar bug has shown up. Not sure how it's triggered other than it occurs after SL animations randomly, but not after every one, and obviously only with horses. It's possible it occurs with any animation but it's only demonstrable with a horse. So the following scenario happened: Horse handjob animation triggered, followed by doggystyle a little later (a few seconds). I get on my horse to ride away after it's done, horse starts flying sideways and ascending, when moving. And of course getting off your horse at a height of 30 feet is bad for your health.

Didn't notice this until upgrading SL to 1.60 and AC to alpha 4.

The only thing i did notice for a while after installing it, was that creatures seemed fully passive when approached. i was exploring a road and came across 3 wolves. they all just watched me and i even approached close enough to touch them and they acted tame. i even came across a Hentai Troll who had just killed a mage and he turned and stood as i walked towards him, not even a slight sign of aggression. 

Does this mod remove wild animals from seeing you as any kind of threat? It feels as though the follow/pounce new situation has removed their anger and aggression.

This sounds like a problem that used to crop up with Defeat and/or Death Alternate where every enemy would become non-hostile.

Aroused Creatures doesn't use any calm spells or factions that change behaviour so it shouldn't be causing this problem. It specifically intended to screen out hostile creatures and temporarily stops working while in combat.

If you have mfg console installed you can open the console click on one of the non-hostile enemies and view their active magic effects which might give you a clue as to what's going on. You can expand the mfgc menus by hovering over them and hitting shift.

ok thankyou. :)

I shall investigate it further. 

I did suddenly find this afternoon some wolves that did get mad at me and act as normal so might be some weird random thing. Very strange. I also found hostile bandits that defeated me yet walked away when usually they would initiate a sexual encounter :-/ . so i think it may be defeat. i will re-install defeat and see if its soemthing there.

Thanks  :shy:

My problem is, that the sex-attack dosen't  count as a rape.

My Pc/NPc Settings:

Required Arousal: Creature only

Consent:  Non-Consensual

I dont know what i am doing wrong.

Which version of SexLab and Aroused Creatures are you using?

What are you seeing that indicates the animations is not considered non-consensual?

SexLab 1.6 / with the hot fix.

Aroused Creatures 0.31 (tried also the 4.0  Alpha 02 same results)

I dont get the message in the left upper corner XXX raped you and in the sexlab stats Times Victim the number isnt growing.

I have to tell u that in the first 8 hours it works well but suddenly not more. Should i reinstall also sexlab and more other mods ?

SexLab 1.6 / with the hot fix.

Aroused Creatures 0.31 (tried also the 4.0  Alpha 02 same results)

I dont get the message in the left upper corner XXX raped you and in the sexlab stats Times Victim the number isnt growing.

I have to tell u that in the first 8 hours it works well but suddenly not more. Should i reinstall also sexlab and more other mods ?

Generally you won't see a notification at the start of a SexLab animation involving the player as the HUD is disabled at that point (you might see one if there is some script lag). If you are using AC v4 with the animation restriction options selected then you can turn on debugging and see the animation filtering for aggression in the console when it's considered non-consensual.

The Victim stat not incrementing sounds like and SL issue, it's proven unreliable in the past.

Got these Information for

Creature only/Non-Consensual

GetCreaturesAnimationsByRaceTags returned 1 aggressive animation for Dog

Playing Animation:(Dog) Doggystyle

Consensual:

GetCreatureAnimationByRaceTags returned 6 non-aggressive animation for Tame Wolf

Playing Animation: (Wolf) Missionary

Looks that right?

Got a sound problem too. The sex-sounds of the femal doesen't fit in the aggressive animation(it's the pleasure sounds) but i think it's a SL problem for this.

Got these Information for

Creature only/Non-Consensual

GetCreaturesAnimationsByRaceTags returned 1 aggressive animation for Dog

Playing Animation:(Dog) Doggystyle

Consensual:

GetCreatureAnimationByRaceTags returned 6 non-aggressive animation for Tame Wolf

Playing Animation: (Wolf) Missionary

Looks that right?

Got a sound problem too. The sex-sounds of the femal doesen't fit in the aggressive animation(it's the pleasure sounds) but i think it's a SL problem for this.

So AC is correctly starting an aggressive animation and it just seems that SL is not always recognising it as such.

AC doesn't do anything with the sounds in SL so, again, this is likely an issue with the Framework itself. It may be worth searching the framework support thread for solutions. It's possible these are bugs that are being worked on.

I'm about to do a female playthrough with Aroused Creatures + More Creatures (adds more dogs & horses in the world). I have it working but I was wondering if someone could recommend what settings to use to get an immersive experience. I don't want my character to constantly be getting humped, but I do want the threat to be there. Any advice for me?

@@Sailing Rebel I had a similar problem to that @orexius encountered. Namely the creatures beeing ... well uninterested in N/PC.

I am using SkyUI 5.0 as well and tried the same stuff as said in his bug hunt. Setting all tresholds to 0, reinstalling SLAC using a clean save where the cleaning was done with save cleaner help, modifiying the load order despite was LOOT said ... With no conclusion.

Last thing I tried was uninstalling Bestial Essence which has done the trick. Weird because that mod has no interaction with creatures at all, as all semen donors are custom NPC and no creatures.

Bottom line is: the current version of Bestial Essence is conflicting with Aroused Creatures.

You're right, it shouldn't be conflicting. I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

If you see anything like this again I would recommend turning on the debugging option in the Aroused Creatures MCM so we can see what's happening in detail in the papyrus log (and remember to turn it off again when you're done as it can spam your log).

Did a run without Bestial Essence for a while now. In fact I have a different MO profile from last time.

Mods involved:

Sexlab Arroused

Arroused Creatures

Untamed

Bestial Essence

Sexlab More Creatures

I have caught two Frost Trolls and am standing with them in Riften. Arrousal was built up and spent as usual. After that I installed Bestial Essence once more and now Creatures do not get arroused at all.

Both Frost Trolls have 100 Time Rate and 10 Exposure Rate via Sexlab Arroused and are standing right next to a completely nude Nord (Lydia) and a completely nude Khajiit (me).

post-496684-0-22156400-1441111702_thumb.jpg

I had the debug running for several minutes now doing nothing.

Papyrus.0.log

As can be seen on Humans Sexlab Arroused works how it should.

Did a run without Bestial Essence for a while now. In fact I have a different MO profile from last time.

Mods involved:

Sexlab Arroused

Arroused Creatures

Untamed

Bestial Essence

Sexlab More Creatures

I have caught two Frost Trolls and am standing with them in Riften. Arrousal was built up and spent as usual. After that I installed Bestial Essence once more and now Creatures do not get arroused at all.

Both Frost Trolls have 100 Time Rate and 10 Exposure Rate via Sexlab Arroused and are standing right next to a completely nude Nord (Lydia) and a completely nude Khajiit (me).

There are several stack dumps in that log that suggest the system is overloaded or there may be a problem with the installation.

Most of the dumped data appears to focus on something called Gopher's hunter Vision which I'm not familiar with.

Hmmm. I love the idea of this mod but I really only want to use this to initiate sex between my PC and Female giantess. Is there a way to assign this mods functionality to a specific creature? Say ready a power or spell then cast it on a specific NPC creature to have only that creature behave this way instead of every creature?

Scenario: I'm wandering Skyrim and stop at a giant camp. I don't want the male giants to start trying to rape my character but if a female giantess is aroused enough she might come to play. I can pick the female Giantess I want to activate and enable her arousal to possibly trigger a sex scene. No other creatures are effected by the mod unless I want them to be.

THank you for making this!