@murfk Good news... for you, anyway. I had to go through an ordeal where my body with custom sliders bricked racemenu overlays completely. After deleting my hard work and reinstalling racemenu, slavetats applies the tat with its own texture and not the default black. So the problem was on my end.

Rather it seems to be related to racemenu setting the default overlay color to zero... increasing the color slider shows the texture as it should be.

Edited by bnub345
6 hours ago, Iroha said:

Just in case, do you know that racemenu allows to save all your settings as preset?

It wasn't a racemenu preset. I was modifying the BHUNP body in outfit studio with custom sliders. How this broke body overlays is beyond me. I didn't add or delete any vertices, just moved them around.

8 minutes ago, rastafarid said:

Someone know where i can find the slavetats dirt pack that apply dirty skin to character ? i think in was included into devious Cidhna mod years ago

I may be wrong but I believe the dirt tats are installed together with SlaveTats.

Edited by Lyreal
17 hours ago, bnub345 said:

@murfk Good news... for you, anyway. I had to go through an ordeal where my body with custom sliders bricked racemenu overlays completely. After deleting my hard work and reinstalling racemenu, slavetats applies the tat with its own texture and not the default black. So the problem was on my end.

Rather it seems to be related to racemenu setting the default overlay color to zero... increasing the color slider shows the texture as it should be.

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm having an issue as follows:

1. I open slavetats to apply a tattoo.
  2. I pick the tattoo category.
  3. I select a tattoo from that category.
  4. Slavetats still says [no tattoo], and no tattoo is applied.
  5. However, this only applies to some tattoos. Other tattoos - even from the same tattoo category can be applied.

I have RapeTats and FadeTattoo installed as well, if that matters. I have the number of possible overlays cranked up way high in the .ini file (and can apply some tattoos, so I don't think that's it).

Does anyone have any ideas what to look for to try to debug this?

EDIT: Solved. So I had an older version of slavetats. I needed 1.3.7 from this thread.

Edited by Anunya

I cannot put any tattoo on any character. I can select character, select tattoo and select colour, glow, gloss, but nothing is shown on the body. I tried different tattoos from different packs, tried on different parts of the body.

I use BHUNP, Diamond Skin Texture, Fade Tattoo. The only conflict that MO shows is with Pahe DoM (which patches some SlaveTats script).

I really cannot tell why my tattoos aren't showing. Please help me troubleshoot this issue.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:08 AM, xyzcv5 said:

I cannot put any tattoo on any character. I can select character, select tattoo and select colour, glow, gloss, but nothing is shown on the body. I tried different tattoos from different packs, tried on different parts of the body.

I use BHUNP, Diamond Skin Texture, Fade Tattoo. The only conflict that MO shows is with Pahe DoM (which patches some SlaveTats script).

I really cannot tell why my tattoos aren't showing. Please help me troubleshoot this issue.

Make sure Racemenu is installed and of the correct version for your Game/SKSE.  This mod uses Racemenu's functions to apply the tattoo overlays.

1 hour ago, dasdsdsdadas132d said:

When I use any slavetats stocking packs , after I select the tat in the foot category, the tattoo only applies to the feet and doesn't apply to the leg(cuts off at the ankle).  Is this normal or am I the only one with this issue?

I'm no expert at all... I just successfully applied my first slave tat stocking like 15 minutes ago (from equippable stockings: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3856-equipable-stockings-for-cbbe/)... and I applied them in the body slot. Maybe try that instead of feet?

Edited by Anunya
10 hours ago, dasdsdsdadas132d said:

When I use any slavetats stocking packs , after I select the tat in the foot category, the tattoo only applies to the feet and doesn't apply to the leg(cuts off at the ankle).  Is this normal or am I the only one with this issue?

You have to do both body slot and feet, as the body slot handles the legs above the ankle.

Hi everyone, I recently followed a guide on adding physics to an outfit, opened up outfit studio, then tinkered around and made an outfit fit to my character by dragging the cursor to add meshes across the body. When I opened up skyrim, the physics and outfit looks great, but slavetats would not show. How would I fix this? I've added some pictures.

This is when equipping the outfit:

20220112155154_1.thumb.jpg.2ac41c4586828559bd3dd6f1906db85b.jpg

When taking off the outfit:

20220112155204_1.thumb.jpg.bb5e2695c21a8c16a139f7498f71259b.jpg

Was it because I added extra meshes which is why the default skin texture is covering up my slavetats?

Any help is appreciated thanks. 

Hi people, I have the latest version of Slavetats, Rapetats, Fadetats and several tattoo packs from here and as parts from other mods (e.g. Apropos2, Naked Defeat). Even though I am sure I have installed everything correctly, I am having a weird problem with the tattoos in the MCM.

When I select a pack all the tattoo options are available, but when I select one to be added on my character, it just says "no tattoo". It only seems to affect the optional Tattoo packs, as the tattoos from the "General" pack and Naked Defeat work, but none from the packs.

1 hour ago, magodanie said:

so, here is the problem im having:

Recently i switched from vortex to MO, and i re-installed all the mods with no problem. I had no trouble using Slavetats through vortex, but now have a issue as you can see below in the pic: The pattern session is blank. Does anyone know how to solve it?

Did you rebuild the tattoo cache?

Is it possible to select individual tattoos from each pack to implement with this mod? I’m looking for more lore-friendly tattoos (so no modern designs, not overly detailed, no sharpie-looking bodywriting, etc.), and so I was wondering if it was possible to comb through all of the packs featured on the download page and only include the ones which fit my criteria.

Alternatively, is there a way for me to visualize the tattoos included in each pack outside of the game to determine which ones I’d like to implement?

35 minutes ago, Muschi said:

Is it possible to select individual tattoos from each pack to implement with this mod? I’m looking for more lore-friendly tattoos (so no modern designs, not overly detailed, no sharpie-looking bodywriting, etc.), and so I was wondering if it was possible to comb through all of the packs featured on the download page and only include the ones which fit my criteria.

Alternatively, is there a way for me to visualize the tattoos included in each pack outside of the game to determine which ones I’d like to implement?

Yes, it is possible. I've done it for myself.

1. Create a master folder, like Slave_Tattoo_Group. Inside, create the folder structure you need:  Data\textures\actors\character\SlaveTats
  2. Select your first tattoo pack, let's call it 'SlaverSymbols'. SlaverSymbols breaks the tattoos into 3 subfolders in SlaveTats: Symbols01, Symbols02, and Symbols03. For this example, we're going to say you want all of Symbols01, none of Symbols02, and some of Symbols03.
    • Copy Symbols01 and paste it into the SlaveTats folder from Step 1.
    • Make a new folder, Symbols03, in the SlaveTats folder from Step 1. Copy the tattoos you want from SlaverSymbols' Symbols03 into your new Slave_Tattoo_Group...Symbols03 folder.
  3. Now you have to edit the .json file(s) that come with SlaverSymbols. Use Notepad++. If there is one .json for each group, then copy Symbols01.json and Symbols03.json to Slave_Tattoo_Group...SlaveTats. Open SlaveTats\Symbols03.json with Notepad++. Delete the tats you don't want, but make sure you don't delete the tats you copied into your new directory.
    • If there is one .json for all 3 groups, then you have a bigger editing job to do.
    • If you want to make sure you still have a good .json file, you can run it through a checker such as jsonlint (do a search). It'll tell you if you have any errors.
  4. Select another tattoo pack and repeat steps 2 and 3. Eventually your Slave_Tattoo_group might have 10 subfolders and 7 .json files.
  5. Zip Slave_Tattoo_Group to create an archive, and install like any other.

If you're comfortable with .json files, you could make one large Slave_Tattoo_Group.json instead of having 7 individual ones. Don't combine the subfolders though.

You could instead make a lite version of each tattoo pack you want to cull. Follow the steps above except instead of a master Slave_Tattoo_Group you would have 7 lite folders (SlaverSymbols-lite, Pack2-lite, etc.). And you would install the lite archives instead of the original versions.

1. Select your first tattoo pack, if you want most of those tattoos
1 hour ago, Muschi said:

Paint.net works if you just want to quickly view dds files (which all skyrim textures are, including slavetats). It's a program, not a website.

Edited by bnub345