Sorry if this sounds like you've heard it before but for whatever reason the tattoo textures wont show up in game or in Racemenu. I have all of the required mods, and downloaded latest version of Slave Tats, but whenever I try to activate the mod in the setup, nothing happens and when I close it says "SlaveTats requires NiOveride, RaceMenu, or SKEE." (When I try to activate Rape tats via debug mode it says a tattoo was applied but nothing appears).

I have tattoos installed with Rape Tattoos, Verner's Scrawls, and one of tattoo sets in download folder (Joomla slutty tats.7); they appear in the Rape Tats MCM but not in Slave tats

I know I saw somewhere something about editing a INI file but I cant make where it is or how to edit it.

Edited by panzer1701
additional information
6 hours ago, panzer1701 said:

The Race menu you linked does not work, it wouldn't even run Skyrim due to it being incompatible with current runtime version.

I see it is for 1.6.323.  That is the original Racemenu author's patreon page and they only recently released it to the public.  You should have just clicked into the author's front page on Patreon and you'd have found the latest version for 1.6.342 (paywalled at the moment). You have to decide if you want to donate for access now, wait for the public update, or downgrade to 1.6.323 or 1.5.97 (better choice).  I still don't understand why anyone is messing with the AE version of the game EXE's right now.  There's another update about to be released any day.  Probably next week, but who knows at this point.  It's been in beta for about 2 weeks now.

9 hours ago, tomfinfur said:

yeah having the same issue with slavetats it just keeps telling me that 'SlaveTats requires NiOveride, RaceMenu, or SKEE'. I have the latest version of racemenu for SE but it still keeps giving me this.

If you're using the most recent version available from Nexusmods, it is for 1.5.97 of SkyrimSE.exe.  If you're getting errors, that means you're NOT on 1.5.97, but something in the 1.6.x range, most likely 1.6.342.  The post above this one goes to the Racemenu author's patreon site.  Up to you what you do from here (pay, wait, downgrade).

10 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

I see it is for 1.6.323.  That is the original Racemenu author's patreon page and they only recently released it to the public.  You should have just clicked into the author's front page on Patreon and you'd have found the latest version for 1.6.342 (paywalled at the moment). You have to decide if you want to donate for access now, wait for the public update, or downgrade to 1.6.323 or 1.5.97 (better choice).  I still don't understand why anyone is messing with the AE version of the game EXE's right now.  There's another update about to be released any day.  Probably next week, but who knows at this point.  It's been in beta for about 2 weeks now.

Thank you, This explains a lot. I was using AE version of SKEE because it was suggested on the page along with some of my other mods. After I made the changes (starting fresh with my game and mods, getting the downgrade patcher (SKSE wouldn't of worked otherwise) and the right version of JContainers for it) I was able to get Slave tats to work.

16 minutes ago, bnub345 said:

@murfk Is it possible to display a tat without the color from the MCM? If the tat already has a custom color and I don't want it to be overridden.

There is a specific color code which Slave Tats replaces with the chosen color. It's an ugly greenish grey that people rarely use on purpose. Any other color in the tattoo will be unchanged.

13 hours ago, bnub345 said:

In my specific example, I have a tat which is supposed to be a brand. The dds file is clearly a mottled red color to look like like branded skin. After applying it with slavetats, it is black, like the default ink color. I want to know if I can change that.

There may be something odd about the dds or json files. What you're describing isn't normal.

Also, if you change the color to something else, does the tat change color, or remain black.

7 hours ago, murfk said:

There may be something odd about the dds or json files. What you're describing isn't normal.

Also, if you change the color to something else, does the tat change color, or remain black.

The tat changes color to whatever is selected in the MCM. This is the json file

{"name": "Slave Brand 2k",
    "section": "kal",
    "texture": "kal\\kal_brand.dds",
    "area": "Body"}

man, i tried a new game and every single mod that have MCM appear in the MCM EXCEPT this one. how long does this menu takes to load? the thing is, the mod is installed and running (i'm using apropos 2 and slavetats is checked ) but the MCM will not appear. i already tried "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" but it doesn't work.

7 hours ago, xya445 said:

Has anyone got this working in VR? or does the mod need to be configured for SKSEVR to work?

This mod is just a control interface between Racemenu and some textures.  Probably should run as-is as long as SKSEVR has the same script functions available as the non-VR versions and you have valid SKSEVR DLLs for Racemenu and Jcontainers.  Not sure about SkyUI and VR?  Is there a special version for VR?

38 minutes ago, ismiismi said:

man, i tried a new game and every single mod that have MCM appear in the MCM EXCEPT this one. how long does this menu takes to load? the thing is, the mod is installed and running (i'm using apropos 2 and slavetats is checked ) but the MCM will not appear. i already tried "setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" but it doesn't work.

Check to make sure the plugin is active and its scripts are in the game's scripts folder.  Never had to do anything special for it to show up in the MCM.  Perhaps you're too overloaded on scripted mods already or using any mods that alter or extend SkyUI's features...like something that allows you to hide MCM menus?  If so, get rid of or disable those and see if the MCM appears.

19 hours ago, bnub345 said:

The tat changes color to whatever is selected in the MCM. This is the json file

{"name": "Slave Brand 2k",
    "section": "kal",
    "texture": "kal\\kal_brand.dds",
    "area": "Body"}

That looks fine. You're sure that that specific DDS file has colors? You're not accidentally looking at a different file? If not, maybe try loading it up in Paint.NET and saving it with a different DDS encoding.

Also hi again so I saw it request slave tats, at first i didnt want to install it because i just dont like that to be frank but well it (i was trying to use S.L.U.T mod) didn't work so I installed it (slave tats) but when done so even with the latest Jcontainer it says in the slavetats menu that i need Jcontainer 3.0, but if you go on Jcontainer there is no 3.0

4 hours ago, murfk said:

That looks fine. You're sure that that specific DDS file has colors? You're not accidentally looking at a different file? If not, maybe try loading it up in Paint.NET and saving it with a different DDS encoding.

I resaved it and made sure it was DXT5, same result.

This is what the dds looks like (it's a bit cut off due to the UV mapping):

Spoiler

1320358172_Screenshot(7).png.0b3471293f605fa3e7b146e0b2e7e0f8.png

This is what it looks like by default:

Spoiler

ScreenShot16.png.aa150ec81e35b81898dccbaf4cc23a0c.png

And this is what happens if I change the MCM color to red:

Spoiler

ScreenShot17.png.866752ef23ec7228a4a666374677d98a.png

As you can see, the default texture is being overridden with the black ink.

44 minutes ago, alexsl said:

Also hi again so I saw it request slave tats, at first i didnt want to install it because i just dont like that to be frank but well it (i was trying to use S.L.U.T mod) didn't work so I installed it (slave tats) but when done so even with the latest Jcontainer it says in the slavetats menu that i need Jcontainer 3.0, but if you go on Jcontainer there is no 3.0

Again, make sure the version of JContainers is intended for the version of Skyrim you're playing. If they don't match, SKSE won't detect it and mods will think it's not installed.

12 minutes ago, The Man in Black said:

How does the color parameter work? I know black is 0. Is there a list somewhere for the others?

If you're talking about in the papyrus scripts, it should just be a hexadecimal value in the format of 0xRRGGBB, where the letters reflect their respective colors

21 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

This mod is just a control interface between Racemenu and some textures.  Probably should run as-is as long as SKSEVR has the same script functions available as the non-VR versions and you have valid SKSEVR DLLs for Racemenu and Jcontainers.  Not sure about SkyUI and VR?  Is there a special version for VR?

I was missing the racemenu patch, thank you. 

Hey @murfk all the Androol packs saved with .js config files instead of .json. Took me an hour to figure out why they weren't showing up in game, I don't know if it's new in SE that slavetats is looking specifically for .json extension, but they all load fine if I manually change the extension.

To all those newly installing after december 2021, and wondering why Slavetats says that Jcontainers is not installed or up to date, and are using Special Edition Skyrim, I spent 4 hours of my life on this so you don't have to:

Jcontainers 4.2.1 is an Anniversairy Edition update for Jcontainers and is not compatible with regular special edition. If you, like me, chose not to update to Anniversairy edition, you need to download Jcontainers 4.1.13 that was posted on the nexus in 2020. Then it will all work perfectly.