Nothing in the framework keeps a content mod from assigning positive effects to devices. That being said, I never understood the call for restraints that still let players play the game as if they weren't restrained at all. That makes...no sense to me. The very POINT of a restraint is to hamper its subjects and restricting their freedom. But people installing bondage mods and then saying that they don't like to be bound is...odd? That's a bit like installing a shooter and then complaining about the presence of guns.

It is correct that bondage items usually require a quest context to be interesting. If players can't properly fight (which is -the- main gameplay activity in Skyrim), the content mod would need to give players something -else- to do, that can still be done when wearing debilitating restraints. Good bondage quests are therefore quite hard to design, because you often cannot make use of central gameplay aspects of the very game these quests exist in. More often than not, you have to set them in no-combat zones, or specifically designed areas. But this doesn't change the fact that restraints without restraining effects are inherently pointless. Such items are called "jewelry". The vanilla game has them already and they are guaranteed not to slow your progress in the game! ;)

What? Shooters have guns now? What is the world coming to!  :lol:

For me, looks plays an important part with some characters. I use Non-Devious Devices a lot because they look nifty, when accessorized with various other bits and bobs from other mods, without hampering normal play. "Jewelry" is an excellent word for it.

Of course, a full outfit usually doesn't last long before pieces are replaced with real devious devices via SD+ or something. :)

Hmm. Did I have fun?........Yes. Yes I did.

I wasn't upset or even slightly miffed that the Devious Devices Integration mod didn't make my character a sex silly, simpering, panting, sex toy. While the thought is amusing, I really don't care, once I finally got Urag to remove the belt, that my character didn't have any lingering affects. I know I said it would have been nice, but it's hardly a game breaker.

I play to have fun. I had fun............and so did Miraak.........many times with my hapless character.......

I definitely see the appeal of cosmetic "restraints." Blindfolds are perhaps the best example for me. It's not currently possible to have a devious blindfold equipped on your character and not suffer some kind of visual penalty yourself. Taking pleasure at the sight of your blindfolded heroine isn't easy when you can't see her clearly, so I try to use non-devious blindfolds alongside true devious devices.

I do love lots of the real effects of course. Seeing her buzzed to ecstasy or frustration, bunny-hopping along in a hobble dress, or wriggling against an armbinder complete with gag-muffled whimpers is glorious - and the devious mods are wonderful - but in some cases I want the look without the penalty. As someone who identifies as a dominant much more than a submissive I would normally rather have full control over my bound character than be bound alongside her.

If the item is something that would be restrictive or debilitating in some way then yes I would expect some sort of effect from it though some items are subjective. Here are a few examples:

- boots - these can be gotten used to

- hobble skirts/dresses - Traditional Japanese Kimonos are effectively the same thing and they can move their feet only a small distance yet they can move quite fast on flat ground/floors as they don't go heel - toe they glide their feet with no hip movement (proper way to walk in the Japanese Geta (sandals). The only exception would be if it was tight to the point that the lower legs were pinned to each other.

- Ankle chains - same as above but the shorter the chain the slower the movement though the chains would allow for more vertical movement of the feet than the hobble skirts/dresses but limited by the chain length.

I understand a good amount of people like to actually be able to play with the devious devices, so I get why they aren't usually that powerful. However, on top of the fact that not all effects work on NPCs, I feel like there is a distinct lack of devices to reduce my "companions" to an unintelligible, orgasming mess that can't stand up for more than 3 seconds. Ragdolling and twitching would be a nice bonus. If lightning damage could optionally trigger this, it would be even more amazing. I've looked at a lot of mods and other than pet collar, which is really not quite this, I have never found something quite like that. (An older version of CD had some stronger plugs.) Anyone know of something? Maybe a modder has pity/inspiration?

My devices are NEVER removed. They were put by slave masters but even after releasing the items never leave my character, sometimes I see the message: the gag was removed, or the necklace loosened among others but the item is never removed, and for items like blindfold And gag I still have not found a way for npcs to help me.

Was wondering if it's possible on the users end too disable particular animations caused by device events? For example, your pc playing with herself due to plug vibration. I want the event but not the animation as it kicks her out of any furniture/ pre assigned idle. Same thing with the 'absent minded wander' of the hands animation.

I cant get the quest to start i open the bookshelf and grab the book and read all the books but nothing happens i talk to urag and i don't get any options that have to do with the quest. anyone have any ideas on whats wrong? i dont get any error messages i dont know whats wrong. 

Did you have the book in your possession when you talked to Urag?  I know that's required.

Were you already wearing any devious devices?  I'm pretty sure that if you already have a chastity belt on, or any other device that prevents sex, it will also prevent the quest from starting.  I'm not sure whether other devices might also prevent the quest from starting.

I cant get the quest to start i open the bookshelf and grab the book and read all the books but nothing happens i talk to urag and i don't get any options that have to do with the quest. anyone have any ideas on whats wrong? i dont get any error messages i dont know whats wrong. 

I'm pretty sure that the availability of unexplored dwemer ruins matters. If I'm not mistaken, the quest looks for unfinished dwemer ruins to place Zed at. I don't think the quest likes to use dwemer ruins that have already been explored.

Could someone help me figure out how to make a custom device? I tried starting by copying the Inventory and _scripInstance versions of a device from DDX, changing the form ID. However somehow whether I add it through the EquipDevice function or by equipping through the MCM, it always seems to equip multiple versions of the device- one with the same name as my custom one, and the generic version I copied.

Could someone help me figure out how to make a custom device? I tried starting by copying the Inventory and _scripInstance versions of a device from DDX, changing the form ID. However somehow whether I add it through the EquipDevice function or by equipping through the MCM, it always seems to equip multiple versions of the device- one with the same name as my custom one, and the generic version I copied.

If you are making a brand new device, you might have better luck asking in the DD Assets or DD Expansion threads, since those are devoted to the design of the devices themselves.  Of course the DD team monitor this thread as well, so maybe I shouldn't have said anything  :dodgy:

If you are making a brand new device, you might have better luck asking in the DD Assets or DD Expansion threads, since those are devoted to the design of the devices themselves.  Of course the DD team monitor this thread as well, so maybe I shouldn't have said anything  :dodgy:

It's cool I figured it out.

Anyone else wondering: You need to edit quest properties in the script attached to the device.

Seriously I've been at this all day and I'm not a complete noob at modding. I have been searching the forums a few hours today, finding people with similar issues, but none of the solutions have helped me.

So I've got this order

Devious Assets esm
Devious Integration esm
Devious Expansion esm

Captured Dreams esp
Cursed Loot esp

SD+
Devious Deviants esp
Sexlab Parasites esp

All are newest versions.

And nothing else relating to DD.

Everything has been freshly reinstalled, every following step repeated afterwards.

I have run Bodyslide (newest version), left control+batch build (build morphs ticked) and sent to proper mod folders (1 batch for Assets and 1 for Expansion+Heretic).

I have run LOOT and FNIS multiple times just to make sure.

I use Mod Organizer.

The Devious Devices Assets are functioning flawlessly.

Devious Devices Expansion, on the other hand, is acting REALLY weird to me. In AddItemMenu and Inventory, objects appear normally; meaning I can see the gags and such on the right side of the screen.

When the gag (for example) is equipped, my character will open her mouth. However, the gag does not appear on the body. Same goes for the armbinders, except that she will not put her arms behind her back as I would expect.

Nothing is "inside" the body I am using a pretty normal CBBE setting and have more experience with Bodyslide than I want.

Now for Kyne's Blessing (aka Parasites) I get buffs (related to the parasite I am using) in my SkyUI magic menu. However the parasites are invisible and I have a feeling this is related to the previous issue but heck I may be wrong. Belly node works fine. No one else on their forum was having the same issue, though some shared similarities. Tried those solutions to no avail.

IN Bodyslide, I checked to see if meshes and textures appeared for most devices; they do and they look great.

Please help I've been at this "all day" and the best I could do is get Assets to finally work. I'm aware the issue is probably on my end but I can't pinpoint it. I have all requirements for all the previously mentioned mods installed.

PS. In a previous save game, when I used UUNP instead of CBBE (got really tired of UUNP but that's just me...), I got everything to work right. I just didn't have Parasites back then. Anyway, after starting a new character and mod list, this happened.

Seriously I've been at this all day and I'm not a complete noob at modding. I have been searching the forums a few hours today, finding people with similar issues, but none of the solutions have helped me.

So I've got this order

Devious Assets esm

Devious Integration esm

Devious Expansion esm

Captured Dreams esp

Cursed Loot esp

SD+

Devious Deviants esp

Sexlab Parasites esp

All are newest versions.

And nothing else relating to DD.

Everything has been freshly reinstalled, every following step repeated afterwards.

I have run Bodyslide (newest version), left control+batch build (build morphs ticked) and sent to proper mod folders (1 batch for Assets and 1 for Expansion+Heretic).

I have run LOOT and FNIS multiple times just to make sure.

I use Mod Organizer.

The Devious Devices Assets are functioning flawlessly.

Devious Devices Expansion, on the other hand, is acting REALLY weird to me. In AddItemMenu and Inventory, objects appear normally; meaning I can see the gags and such on the right side of the screen.

When the gag (for example) is equipped, my character will open her mouth. However, the gag does not appear on the body. Same goes for the armbinders, except that she will not put her arms behind her back as I would expect.

Nothing is "inside" the body I am using a pretty normal CBBE setting and have more experience with Bodyslide than I want.

Now for Kyne's Blessing (aka Parasites) I get buffs (related to the parasite I am using) in my SkyUI magic menu. However the parasites are invisible and I have a feeling this is related to the previous issue but heck I may be wrong. Belly node works fine. No one else on their forum was having the same issue, though some shared similarities. Tried those solutions to no avail.

IN Bodyslide, I checked to see if meshes and textures appeared for most devices; they do and they look great.

Please help I've been at this "all day" and the best I could do is get Assets to finally work. I'm aware the issue is probably on my end but I can't pinpoint it. I have all requirements for all the previously mentioned mods installed.

PS. In a previous save game, when I used UUNP instead of CBBE (got really tired of UUNP but that's just me...), I got everything to work right. I just didn't have Parasites back then. Anyway, after starting a new character and mod list, this happened.

Posting the same question to multiple threads is a bad idea (also considered rude but we allow for that to happen with people new to the forums so don't let it bother you). You are getting help elsewhere so if anyone tries to help you here they will miss the conversation on the other thread(s) and you may end up getting asked the same question multiple times.

I would inform the person and link to the thread. As it turns out, the issue hasn't been resolved and I am keeping both posts in check. Will edit when solved!

Thanks for the information however. I'm just looking for a quick answer and not to cause trouble.

Edit: Questions from the other thread:

First of all, I would suggest looking in MO if nay mod, other than the bodyslide output, is overwriting things from the DD mods.

Also, did you remember to reinstall DDa and DDx with the correct body when you changed bodytype? (Not just the bodyslide files, but the normal meshes too) Items like gags do not use bodyslide and should therefore work anyway, assuming you're not playing a beast race. If you are, you will need a beastrace conversion mod as well.

If nether of those help, I would suggest checking with tes5edit to find the path it's looking for the meshes and seeing if they exist in the propper places.

And lastly, if you're using any equipitem fix mod, that will break the DD mods causing them not to work properly.

Done it all except Tes5 Edit which I have no experience with (edit: I've been playing around in TES5 Edit but I'm not sure what I should be looking for)

When you built with bodyslide, did you make a new folder, or did you set the mod itself as the output folder?

I built it into DDa and DDx

Check to see if the Meshes\devious\expansion folder in DDx has .nif files for the items that don't work. 

There should be either 2 or 3 files per item. One with "_0" and one with "_1" at the end, or just a single one without a number. And all of them should have one end in "_go", thats just for the inventory/ground.

Yep and they aren't dummy files either. I thought it might be a problem with my DDi (hence my first post over there)

Have to tried disabling all hiding in the devicehider section of the dd menu?

Yes

Will update this.

Need a bit of help with the bound combat (armbinder) animation. I use the cbbe curvy body and every time my pc does the bound kick the arms clip horrendously

through the armbinder. This has only started to happen after reinstalling some of the mods. Not sure if it's the skeleton, xpmse tells me everything is ok.

Tried everything to fix it but it's still happening.

Need a bit of help with the bound combat (armbinder) animation. I use the cbbe curvy body and every time my pc does the bound kick the arms clip horrendously

through the armbinder. This has only started to happen after reinstalling some of the mods. Not sure if it's the skeleton, xpmse tells me everything is ok.

Did you rebuild the items in Bodyslide after you changed bodies?

Yes of course, many times with still the same result. I think the answer lies with bodyslide but I can't figure it out yet.

The items display normally it is only with the bound combat animation that there is clipping.

Yes of course, many times with still the same result. I think the answer lies with bodyslide but I can't figure it out yet.

The items display normally it is only with the bound combat animation that there is clipping.

Maybe a screenshot would help me understand. It could be conflicting animations, a rare slider setting, a bugged save...

Have you tried, in the main menu before loading anything, typing in the console: coc qasmoke

And then equipping an armbinder and kicking?

Maybe a screenshot would help me understand. It could be conflicting animations, a rare slider setting, a bugged save...

Have you tried, in the main menu before loading anything, typing in the console: coc qasmoke

Is the body itself bade using bodyslide or a standard CBBE Curvy body mesh? If you are using the non bodyslide body mesh then build the body using the same settings as the devices as the body presets in are not identical to the original non bodyslide meshes. If you did build them make sure you used the same base body (CBBE HDT is preferred) when making the CBBE Curvy (or any other CBBE body) as the HDT and TBBP bodies don't come out the same.

Is the body itself bade using bodyslide or a standard CBBE Curvy body mesh? If you are using the non bodyslide body mesh then build the body using the same settings as the devices as the body presets in are not identical to the original non bodyslide meshes. If you did build them make sure you used the same base body (CBBE HDT is preferred) when making the CBBE Curvy (or any other CBBE body) as the HDT and TBBP bodies don't come out the same.

Thanks guys for the assistance. The problem could well be down to a bugged save since nothing has worked no matter how many times and how many ways I had to go back into bodyslide and try a different body. I guess I will jus have to wipe the lot and reinstall the whole shebang from scratch.

But before I do there is one more thing I want to ask and it's about the racemenu morphs/sliders.

Until recently if I wanted to make adjustments in showracemenu I would use the cbbe morphs to do it but these don't do anything now and I have to do it under body scales further down the menu to the right. I don't know how that came about and I'm stuck with it no matter how I install the mods.

I want to be able to use the cbbe morph sliders and not the bodyscale ones, what am I doing wrong?

Thanks guys for the assistance. The problem could well be down to a bugged save since nothing has worked no matter how many times and how many ways I had to go back into bodyslide and try a different body. I guess I will jus have to wipe the lot and reinstall the whole shebang from scratch.

But before I do there is one more thing I want to ask and it's about the racemenu morphs/sliders.

Until recently if I wanted to make adjustments in showracemenu I would use the cbbe morphs to do it but these don't do anything now and I have to do it under body scales further down the menu to the right. I don't know how that came about and I'm stuck with it no matter how I install the mods.

I want to be able to use the cbbe morph sliders and not the bodyscale ones, what am I doing wrong?

I think you need to have the "build morphs" box checked when building in bodyslide for those to work.

I think you need to have the "build morphs" box checked when building in bodyslide for those to work.

Yes, I do that but I think it may conflict with something.

Update: Here's some screenshots showing the problem. I get the same thing in DCL when left hogtied in the wilderness game but I have always assumed that was normal. This however, is not normal for me as it is only happening now. It only happens when you press the kick button, NOT in ready mode.

post-1568584-0-62238200-1504470159_thumb.jpg