FYI, I have just found out that the 'EquipItem Fix' mod from Nexus is NOT compatible with Devious Devices currently:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85251/?

I never heard of the mod myself. Looking at it I can tell why it doesn't work with DD anymore, it is for HDT High Heels and the DD items have been converted use NIO Override. Make sure you have NIO Override (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37481/?) or RaceMenu (it comes with it).

It's a fairly new mod, about a month or so old I think.

I might have developed a modding problem (the 'problem' being I can't get the game to work right now i've filled it with cool mods... :blush:) and tend to keep an eye on the nexus and grab anything that looks interesting.

NIO override / Racemenu has been part of my build since pretty much day 1 I think - it keeps coming up as a requirement from other mods.

FYI, I have just found out that the 'EquipItem Fix' mod from Nexus is NOT compatible with Devious Devices currently:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85251/?

I never heard of the mod myself. Looking at it I can tell why it doesn't work with DD anymore, it is for HDT High Heels and the DD items have been converted use NIO Override. Make sure you have NIO Override (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/37481/?) or RaceMenu (it comes with it).

It's a fairly new mod, about a month or so old I think.

I might have developed a modding problem (the 'problem' being I can't get the game to work right now i've filled it with cool mods... :blush:) and tend to keep an eye on the nexus and grab anything that looks interesting.

NIO override / Racemenu has been part of my build since pretty much day 1 I think - it keeps coming up as a requirement from other mods.

Well, the mod you mentioned is unavailable at the moment, the link doesn't go to it anymore.

I did the same thing a long time ago but found a number of mods (some I really liked) caused errors as they were poorly scripted and had to remove them. If you start having random crashes check your log for errors from recently added mods or if mods you have used for some time suddenly start giving errors, both are a good sign that something you added does not agree with everything else.

Well, the mod you mentioned is unavailable at the moment, the link doesn't go to it anymore.

I did the same thing a long time ago but found a number of mods (some I really liked) caused errors as they were poorly scripted and had to remove them. If you start having random crashes check your log for errors from recently added mods or if mods you have used for some time suddenly start giving errors, both are a good sign that something you added does not agree with everything else.

My guess would be it's gone for a reason. I possibly wasn't the only person who discovered 'interesting' interactions with other mods.

I do normally try to keep an eye papyrus logs etc to see if something is throwing errors. In this case it wasn't of course - everything was working as intended, it just wasn't as Devious Devices has originally intended it to work!

I normally try to test mods at least a little after adding them rather than just assuming they work. Not enough in this case it would seem.

Hey, it's an adventure and learning experience.

Heyho,

I have a very weird bug concerning blindfolds. I use Immersive First Person View, with XenoDrakes config file and Vivid Weathers ENB

Normally it works all fine, but whenever there is a blindfold, everything goes black under certain conditions except for some lights/reflections.

I've made a video to show the effect live: Blinfold Bug video

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? I think it's some problem between DD and the ENB settings, but other visual effects like Nighteye work fine ...

I have the same problem, but I only use vivid weather (with ENB) from his 3 mods. Is there any solution to get DD compatible with vivid weather?

Heyho,

I have a very weird bug concerning blindfolds. I use Immersive First Person View, with XenoDrakes config file and Vivid Weathers ENB

Normally it works all fine, but whenever there is a blindfold, everything goes black under certain conditions except for some lights/reflections.

I've made a video to show the effect live: Blinfold Bug video

Does anyone have an idea what this could be? I think it's some problem between DD and the ENB settings, but other visual effects like Nighteye work fine ...

I have the same problem, but I only use vivid weather (with ENB) from his 3 mods. Is there any solution to get DD compatible with vivid weather?

I have no reasonable way to test this particular ENB and never used it before, but most DD developers use some ENB and DD is generally compatible with them. If this particular ENB causes issues, there is probably not too much we could even do on our end.

Did you guys try an alternative blindfold mode?

Normal blindfold mode, at least together with IFP seems to give some kind of inverted "blindfold with leeches effect". It's shown in the video I've provided, too, from 1:57 ongoing.

The blindfold mode works fine, but it's active all the time and I can walk anytime, too. Very weird.

I know the DD team gives permission to use assets for mods, but I put together a PCEA animation pack for the hobbled animations to make them useable for pretty much anything if activated. I also have plans to make them applicable to equips, such as like the DD team does with the hobble dresses.

This would remove the need for DD because all I need is the animations and this is not expressly permitted by the DD permissions.

So, Question: does the DD Team care if I package these animations to use outside of DDi if I give credit and only upload here (I wouldn't care to upload anywhere else).

Also, thanks for all the help either way.

Edit: attaching an example of the animation setup:

https://gfycat.com/LinearInferiorFlee

I know the DD team gives permission to use assets for mods,

That's not -quite- correct. We consider contributed assets to still be the property of whoever created them, so you'd have to ask the artist. An exception is Koffii's stuff, which is published under a CC license. Several DD contributors have given permission in the past, but this does not constitute a "free use" clause. ;)

The person who created the hobble animations is Supertin. Feel free to contact him about it.

I know the DD team gives permission to use assets for mods,

That's not -quite- correct. We consider contributed assets to still be the property of whoever created them, so you'd have to ask the artist. An exception is Koffii's stuff, which is published under a CC license. Several DD contributors have given permission in the past, but this does not constitute a "free use" clause. ;)

The person who created the hobble animations is Supertin. Feel free to contact him about it.

Thanks, will do.

I know the DD team gives permission to use assets for mods, but I put together a PCEA animation pack for the hobbled animations to make them useable for pretty much anything if activated. I also have plans to make them applicable to equips, such as like the DD team does with the hobble dresses.

This would remove the need for DD because all I need is the animations and this is not expressly permitted by the DD permissions.

So, Question: does the DD Team care if I package these animations to use outside of DDi if I give credit and only upload here (I wouldn't care to upload anywhere else).

Also, thanks for all the help either way.

Edit: attaching an example of the animation setup:

https://gfycat.com/LinearInferiorFlee

I like the idea of allowing the user to configure third-party (or vanilla) equipment for devious functionality.

(Edit) Crap. I don't think that's possible without ruining the simplicity of the current DD UI model.

Hello,

I have two questions, and I hope the Integration topic is the right DD topic to ask.

For one, is there documentation on all the different zad_ keywords and where could I find it?

Second, what do I do if I want to create a device, that doesn't fit the existing categories of devices?

As far as I have figured out, there are many keywords that are valid values for the zad_DeviousDevice

property of the scripts that can be attached to a rendered device, e.g: zad_DeviousCollar,

zad_DeviousCorset, zad_DeviousBoots etc.

Now I have a device, that simply doesn't fall into any of these categories. Is it possible to add something

like a zad_GenericDeviousDevice or zad_CustomDeviousDevice? I need to set a value, otherwise I

get errors ingame.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

CursedGor

Hello,

I have two questions, and I hope the Integration topic is the right DD topic to ask.

For one, is there documentation on all the different zad_ keywords and where could I find it?

Second, what do I do if I want to create a device, that doesn't fit the existing categories of devices?

As far as I have figured out, there are many keywords that are valid values for the zad_DeviousDevice

property of the scripts that can be attached to a rendered device, e.g: zad_DeviousCollar,

zad_DeviousCorset, zad_DeviousBoots etc.

Now I have a device, that simply doesn't fall into any of these categories. Is it possible to add something

like a zad_GenericDeviousDevice or zad_CustomDeviousDevice? I need to set a value, otherwise I

get errors ingame.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

CursedGor

May I ask what sort of device that is? We usually just add new keywords if we're adding new device types...

Hi there,

May I ask what sort of device that is? We usually just add new keywords if we're adding new device types...

Sure! Just a little context: to learn a bit of skyrim modding I try to make a little playful devious mod.

It's about when you kill an animal that there is a chance for some "forced pet play": the char gets

equipped with a collar, boots that look like paws, a tail, pet ears, and still trying to find gloves that

look like paws.

The device I have trouble with categorizing is the "ears"-device. It doesn't do anything fancy (yet),

it just attaches to the head in slot 43 and you shouldn't get them off without the proper key item.

Some sort of "generic" keyword would be more than enough, no special functionality. For the

"tail" I can probably use the anal-plug keyword. But no idea what to take for the ears.

Thanks,

CursedGor

Hi there,

Sure! Just a little context: to learn a bit of skyrim modding I try to make a little playful devious mod.

It's about when you kill an animal that there is a chance for some "forced pet play": the char gets

equipped with a collar, boots that look like paws, a tail, pet ears, and still trying to find gloves that

look like paws.

The device I have trouble with categorizing is the "ears"-device. It doesn't do anything fancy (yet),

it just attaches to the head in slot 43 and you shouldn't get them off without the proper key item.

Some sort of "generic" keyword would be more than enough, no special functionality. For the

"tail" I can probably use the anal-plug keyword. But no idea what to take for the ears.

Thanks,

CursedGor

My suggestion is to go with hood.

Hi there,

look like paws.

Thanks,

CursedGor

If it occupies the head slot, use zad_DeviousHood.

Hey, i've just updated Devious devices assets and integration and now most items are invisibles.

Also, i've seen Bodyslides is now a requirement. Is it new ? It worked fine without it (just with UNP Base) until now. Now, even with it, the items are still invisibles.

Any help please ?

Hey, i've just updated Devious devices assets and integration and now most items are invisibles.

Also, i've seen Bodyslides is now a requirement. Is it new ? It worked fine without it (just with UNP Base) until now. Now, even with it, the items are still invisibles.

Any help please ?

Building the items is now a requirement yes, the mod doesn't include a generic set of items anymore.  You'll need to run bodyslide and batch build the devious devices groups of items and they should show up in game.

Any help please ?

Bodyslide is not a mod but a tool like Tes5Edit or Loot. After the installation you also have to use it, to create the meshes of the devices.

Beauty and nudity in my blog also has a section that explains the basics of BodySlide usage and links to an in-depth explanation video if the text was not enough.

Any help please ?

CBBE and UUNP Bodyslide has been the official supported system for bodies for about 2 years now.

It got to be a real hassle on mod content developers to find conversions that supported every persons preferred body type as between Unp and CBBE you have almost 100 different bodies.

So when I created a UUNP slider set that got real popular basically the developers ditched the old method in favor of Bodyslide.

Also I think you will find that not only is the UUNP slider really solid for Devious Device play but you will also find that between myself and Diablo you have a whole lot of outfits that damn sure will work with your Devious Device gameplay,

such as Remodeled Armor UUNP and Book of UUNP.

Diablos got a Bikini Replacer for all Vanilla Gear and a whole website chuck full of one off conversions of many popular outfits in gaming as well.

Pretty much making this change ensured that when gamers play with Devious Device's they have a really solid gaming experience that was never experienced with the outfits before, meaning that all the parts now actually fit the characters really well whereas before stuff just never really fit right and the use of "Device Hider" system was in fact put in place due to stuff just not looking right most of the time.

What Im saying is that since all the items and outfits in the vanilla game experience as well as a huge amount of new additional not vanilla game outfits are all available for the UUNP body system you have basically a very solid gaming experience ahead of you when playing your character with those outfits on, you wont experience the god aweful clipping that was often an unfortunate part of the core experience from 2+ years ago when using this selection of mods.

So what to look for when making the change to UUNP?

Book of UUNP.

That by itself just put about 500 new outfits into your game that darn sure work with Devious Devices.

Want other stuff?

Google up Diablo Skyrim Shitty UUNP HDT tumbler.

Blam another couple hundred new outfits.

All that stuff will fit way better than the outfit experience players had 2+ years ago.

1. I finally got my system fixed, ( am once again able to play Skyrim ), but I have and inflatable Plug that just does not want to come out.

2. I remember there are problems with this inflatable plug, but not exactly what they were.

3. what do I need to do to get the thing removed ??, it has become rather annoying

4. I think Devious Captures is the Mod that equipped it, while I was testing my favorite Mod Defeat :shy: .

5.  A little help with this would be nice, I do hate having to return to a really early save, if it is not absolutely necessary

Note : the showinventory, and get ID number, and removeitem has not worked for this, which is a shame to have the Helping console commands over written,  I think.

EDIT>>>  I may have solved it with Unequipall, hated to use that

1. this seemed to make it to where I could pull it out, but I had to open a chest somewhere to be rid of it, seems that, I could not drop it.

1. I finally got my system fixed, ( am once again able to play Skyrim ), but I have and inflatable Plug that just does not want to come out.

2. I remember there are problems with this inflatable plug, but not exactly what they were.

3. what do I need to do to get the thing removed ??, it has become rather annoying

4. I think Devious Captures is the Mod that equipped it, while I was testing my favorite Mod Defeat :shy: .

5.  A little help with this would be nice, I do hate having to return to a really early save, if it is not absolutely necessary

Note : the showinventory, and get ID number, and removeitem has not worked for this, which is a shame to have the Helping console commands over written,  I think.

1. this seemed to make it to where I could pull it out, but I had to open a chest somewhere to be rid of it, seems that, I could not drop it.

I have reported the same issue and even if you do remove it using the console the effects will not stop.

I have reported the same issue and even if you do remove it using the console the effects will not stop.

Well I hope some enthusiastic. Person is working on it, Maybe it can be just a simple patch fix, and not require a full update at this time.

I found it rather annoying, to have and Itch that you could not reach to scratch. 

I am not complaining per-say ( Or not in a way, meant to be bad ), just nudging the responsible persons a little I hope, in a friendly way.

I fully understand not having time to do something.

EDIT, OH by the way, what do you mean by the effect is still in actionThat would be bad :-/

Pretty much making this change ensured that when gamers play with Devious Device's they have a really solid gaming experience that was never experienced with the outfits before, meaning that all the parts now actually fit the characters really well whereas before stuff just never really fit right and the use of "Device Hider" system was in fact put in place due to stuff just not looking right most of the time.

What Im saying is that since all the items and outfits in the vanilla game experience as well as a huge amount of new additional not vanilla game outfits are all available for the UUNP body system you have basically a very solid gaming experience ahead of you when playing your character with those outfits on, you wont experience the god aweful clipping that was often an unfortunate part of the core experience from 2+ years ago when using this selection of mods.

So what to look for when making the change to UUNP?

Book of UUNP.

That by itself just put about 500 new outfits into your game that darn sure work with Devious Devices.

Want other stuff?

Google up Diablo Skyrim Shitty UUNP HDT tumbler.

Blam another couple hundred new outfits.

All that stuff will fit way better than the outfit experience players had 2+ years ago.

I want to say That your stuff, is for me what has made, DDI finally come of age, and look the way it should..

Thank you Gameplayer,  It is your Body slide work that makes DDI function properly, and I want you to know I appreciate that you allowed DDI Administrators to use them in DDI.

Before they copied you work to there DDI it was nip, and tuck as to if the armor clipped. After you work was used, it started looking Great, on most any UUNP body I threw it at.

Thank YOu :shy: