hi im searching for a solution for a problem : my idle animations make my devices clip into my character or its just floating in the air i have the cbbe body curvey mesh

DD no longer supports the CBBE Curvy body mod. You need to use Bodyslide these days and build the outfits in there. You can -still- use the Curvy preset in Bodyslide if you want to look the same.

i did use bodyslide with cbbe curvy i also tried cbbe slim now its the same problem i tried it with the nipple clamps and those were just stuck in the air not moving with the character either the chastity belt and bra also dont fit onto the body. although the slim body doesnt move as much while idle so it wasnt as bad still annoying.

Make sure you also build the body itself and make sure you select the CBBE HDT body as there are differences between the HDT body and TBBP bodies due to the difference in the skeleton rigging especially with the breasts.

i used the normal cbbe body so i tried using the hdt body and thats the funniest one that came out :D

I have had that issue before the only way I was able to fix it was to reinstall XPMS, rerun FNIS and then run bodyslide

thats what i did too it seems like its fixed now luckily although it was fun to look at :) .

also from what ive read its not possible to make the npcs put their arms into an armbinder ?

hi im searching for a solution for a problem : my idle animations make my devices clip into my character or its just floating in the air i have the cbbe body curvey mesh

DD no longer supports the CBBE Curvy body mod. You need to use Bodyslide these days and build the outfits in there. You can -still- use the Curvy preset in Bodyslide if you want to look the same.

i did use bodyslide with cbbe curvy i also tried cbbe slim now its the same problem i tried it with the nipple clamps and those were just stuck in the air not moving with the character either the chastity belt and bra also dont fit onto the body. although the slim body doesnt move as much while idle so it wasnt as bad still annoying.

Make sure you also build the body itself and make sure you select the CBBE HDT body as there are differences between the HDT body and TBBP bodies due to the difference in the skeleton rigging especially with the breasts.

i used the normal cbbe body so i tried using the hdt body and thats the funniest one that came out :D

I have had that issue before the only way I was able to fix it was to reinstall XPMS, rerun FNIS and then run bodyslide

thats what i did too it seems like its fixed now luckily although it was fun to look at :) .

also from what ive read its not possible to make the npcs put their arms into an armbinder ?

it's kinda weird when to comes to armbinders and NPCs as all of the animations for NPCs are scripted so the armbinder animations will override their idle animation but as soon as they do anything it will reset and treat the armbinder as a piece of clothing, there is not much that can be done to get around this.

I have a question about the armor slots. If I remember correctly this mod automatically adds slot #52 to some armor parts. How does it decide if it should be used or not? I have problems with one armor I'm modifying and two different parts get this #52, which means I cannot wear those parts simultaneously.

npcs can sometimes be a bit unreliable with devices, but if you set the number of "slotted" npcs to greater than the default zero in the devious devices MCM it should mostly work. I usually don't have much problem getting armbinders to work on them if they're slotted.

I have a question about the armor slots. If I remember correctly this mod automatically adds slot #52 to some armor parts. How does it decide if it should be used or not? I have problems with one armor I'm modifying and two different parts get this #52, which means I cannot wear those parts simultaneously.

Schlongs of Skyrim is the mod that adds slot 52 to things. It adds it to all body armour and clothing for men, as well as for any women with sos add-ons. If you don't want a body item occupying slot 52, equip it then go into the sos MCM and set it as revealing.

Schlongs of Skyrim is the mod that adds slot 52 to things. It adds it to all body armour and clothing for men, as well as for any women with sos add-ons. If you don't want a body item occupying slot 52, equip it then go into the sos MCM and set it as revealing.

I tested this but this is something else. The armor piece that gets that extra #52 uses slot #54 and afaik SoS can only make the piece in slot #32 revealing. 

I also have another similar modified armor set that uses the same slots and there the slot #54 is ok without that extra #52. I have double checked everything inside the esp and meshes but I just cannot find out how that slot #54 in this case gets that extra #52.

EDIT: Actually I can bypass this with SoS. If I make the slot #32 revealing it removes #52 from that one and then I can also wear the item in slot #54.

EDIT 2: I think this problem might have something to do with the slot #32 because the item in slot #54 also use slot #32 (in meshes).

Sorry, I quickly read the post to get a grasp of what he wanted. But yeah there is no recipe to make them, or to be more accurate, no workbench assigned. It is a WIP on the side of the DD mods. The current and only way to craft base devious item is to go through the different quests introduced by the mod and available in the college.

Another way would be to open the console and type "help nameofitem". Doing this will list everything that had nameofitem in its name. Each item has an unique baseid that are indexed on your load order. Basically the two first alphanumeric character are related to the mod.

Finally if you want to troubleshoot your game state and verify that all devices are properly installed, you have to get the proper tools. AddItemMenu is a good tool for that purpose. Not using it will just make your life harder.

Just so you know, do you ever actually reply to posts in ways that people receive notifications for them? I never received one from your posts here even though you answered my last post twice (thanks for the replies btw) & I never received notifications for the posts you answered for me back on SD+'s mod page months ago (didn't bring it up back then cuz I didn't think anything of it then). I wouldn't even have noticed them if I forgot I made another post here in the first place.

In regards to my problem, that other guy I mentioned earlier explained that the Ebonite gear is only visible & craftable in the tanning rack when I have the ingredients needed a few hours ago. His response reminded me I made a post here too, which is how I found yours now. But yeah, I'm still trying to avoid commands & new mods so I can actually learn the proper way they're intended to be acquired by the native mod. DDi's readme & mod page didn't help much but I'm checking them out more thoroughly in case I missed something.

Sorry, I quickly read the post to get a grasp of what he wanted. But yeah there is no recipe to make them, or to be more accurate, no workbench assigned. It is a WIP on the side of the DD mods. The current and only way to craft base devious item is to go through the different quests introduced by the mod and available in the college.

Another way would be to open the console and type "help nameofitem". Doing this will list everything that had nameofitem in its name. Each item has an unique baseid that are indexed on your load order. Basically the two first alphanumeric character are related to the mod.

Finally if you want to troubleshoot your game state and verify that all devices are properly installed, you have to get the proper tools. AddItemMenu is a good tool for that purpose. Not using it will just make your life harder.

Just so you know, do you ever actually reply to posts in ways that people receive notifications for them? I never received one from your posts here even though you answered my last post twice (thanks for the replies btw) & I never received notifications for the posts you answered for me back on SD+'s mod page months ago (didn't bring it up back then cuz I didn't think anything of it then). I wouldn't even have noticed them if I forgot I made another post here in the first place.

In regards to my problem, that other guy I mentioned earlier explained that the Ebonite gear is only visible & craftable in the tanning rack when I have the ingredients needed a few hours ago. His response reminded me I made a post here too, which is how I found yours now. But yeah, I'm still trying to avoid commands & new mods so I can actually learn the proper way they're intended to be acquired by the native mod. DDi's readme & mod page didn't help much but I'm checking them out more thoroughly in case I missed something.

1) No idea how the notifications works for this forum.

2) Suit yourself, but the original way to acquire standard items is somewhat flawed. It was never really the point of the framework anyway. You can enable crafting through the quests, but if I recall correctly not all new devices have been added to the crafting list. I can't be sure nor do I have time to check TES5Edit right now. You could do it yourself though, launch tes5edit and see if every item added by DDi has a recipe.

(...)

(...)

2) Suit yourself, but the original way to acquire standard items is somewhat flawed. It was never really the point of the framework anyway. You can enable crafting through the quests, but if I recall correctly not all new devices have been added to the crafting list. I can't be sure nor do I have time to check TES5Edit right now. You could do it yourself though, launch tes5edit and see if every item added by DDi has a recipe.

I can confirm that. The current official release is already missing crafting recipes for many or all of its newly added items (Haeretic's iron restraints etc.) and with the upcoming release of DD 4.0 (see the public beta thread for more info) this is going to get a lot worse. None of the new items in DD4 has crafting recipes.

Relying other mods that spawn the models into your game like Cursed Loot or Captured Dreams is then the only way to ever get these models but you'll miss out on several that way or never see some because of how they're randomly picked from the framework mods. There's really no alternative to using the console or AddItemMenu to conjure them up for yourself if you want to have "full access". BTW, if you feel that's cheaty, just invent a story around it. Walk to the Captured Dreams shop or the Dollmaker, add the items you want to your inventory from AddItemMenu and then reduce your gold amount by what you feel these things should have been worth. So maybe "player.removeitem f 3000" if you bought a dress, boots, gloves, collar and a corset.

Something I have noticed and am pretty sure I have brought it up before but why is there no locking strap panel gag?

I guess because nobody made a model? That and I can't see how a strap panel gag would even prevent its wearer from just pulling it off. Unlike ball and ring gags, nothing is wedged inside your mouth.

About crafting: We stopped working on the current crafting system a while ago, so, yes, no newer item can be crafted. We will very likely remove it from DDI entirely and transfer it into an add-on mod. Most players acquire DD devices from content mods like DCL or CD these days, so the crafting system isn't warranting the workload it's creating for us.

Something I have noticed and am pretty sure I have brought it up before but why is there no locking strap panel gag?

I guess because nobody made a model? That and I can't see how a strap panel gag would even prevent its wearer from just pulling it off. Unlike ball and ring gags, nothing is wedged inside your mouth.

There is a version of it in Assets so the model is there it was just never made in DDi or DDx

gagStrapPanelClosed.nif

If you load the mesh in NifSkope and check the backside of the panel there is short tube that goes inside the mouth. I imagine it would be just as difficult if not impossible to remove just like ball/rings gags if the strap was tight enough.

Learn something new every day. I never knew we had a model for it.

Sure, I'll integrate it!

The script instance parts are there as well, no Inventory item was ever made. I know that the panel gags have some special enchantments and such that go along with them to open and close it from working with Skullered on the beast race gags so there may have been a flaw with them of some sort, I don't know.

I've run into a weird bug that's not stopping play but it does seem to stop questing in the mod Trapped In Rubber (TIR). I was playing TIR and got to a part about half way through where all your items are taken from you as part of the quest. You talk to a statue to get one piece of gear and as expected I chose what I was supposed to select. The weird bug became noticeable when I tried to put on the rubber suit. The game told me I couldn't because of the bindings I was wearing. I looked in my inventory and had nothing at all there. So, I went to the command line and typed player.showinventory and sure enough I had exactly one item in my inventory that had no name, just the mod number and code (worn) as well as a different code with the line bad reference id. The mod number showed it was Devious Device Integration. I tried player.drop and it made a sound but didn't drop the item. I tried player.removeitem and that changed nothing. 

Not to be stymied, I uninstalled Skyrim and ALL Mods and Nexus Mod Manager and reloaded everything from scratch. That was Saturday. Started the game and before I left the first dungeon there it was an oddly equipped DDI item for no reason.

Today I did that again. Removed Skyrim and went back to NMM (different directory) and installed everything from scratch again, omitting quite a few mods, just enough to make the game deviously playable, this time using the new version at the repository (4.0 I think instead of 3.3). As soon as I looked, about 10 minutes after leaving the Mara statue, there it was, that unknown item with the DD-Integration code showing itself as worn and a bad reference ID number as well. 

So, my question is... how do I get rid of the mystery item?  Any ideas? I know it's DD-I and I know it's there on both the old version and the forthcoming one. 

Thanks in advance!

On the chastity belt quest it states, "Remove the belt before you lose your mind". Can you actually fail this quest and lose your mind? Sort of end up a panting, tongue lolling, nymphomaniac with stat deficiencies and such?

I've kept the belt on that Urag gave me all through the Dragonborn & Dawnguard DLC's just to see if I could somehow fail the chastity belt quest. It made the fight with Miraak a royal bitch!  :)

On the chastity belt quest it states, "Remove the belt before you lose your mind". Can you actually fail this quest and lose your mind? Sort of end up a panting, tongue lolling, nymphomaniac with stat deficiencies and such?

I've kept the belt on that Urag gave me all through the Dragonborn & Dawnguard DLC's just to see if I could somehow fail the chastity belt quest. It made the fight Miraak a royal bitch!  :)

As I remember the only thing arousal affected was your chances to escape without a key, especially trying to pick the lock. Not sure if it is still in it or not.

No, it's just flavor around the locking mechanic. Arousal do not impede your ability to play the game unless you add a mod for that purpose.

Yeah, I forgot to mention in my original post that I had Defeat by Goubo installed as well as Aroused Redux. So being really turned on did already affect my stats (due to Aroused Redux), but they would return to normal once my character finally found relief. Defeat made the fight with Miraak hard cuz he kept taking advantage of my character whenever he brought her health down to a low enough level.

Regarding my original question, it would have been kind of cool to have some lingering affects after having worn the belt that long. As Neloth would say, "Incipient madness, loss of self awareness, black spots in the whites of the eyes" :)

Sure, but that's not the role of the framework to do so. It is the role of a content mod or quest mod which will monitor your status as defeat or aroused redux does. It's kind of difficult to do without giving the feeling of boredom because of the main game mechanic of Skyrim is Door, Monster, Treasure. If you put a loop back from monster to door, the player never gets to the reward and feel like he's being stonewalled by always doing the same thing.

In addition a chastity belt isn't easy to take advantage off in a game mechanic, as it is a tool to stimulate the user's senses. As a player you don't get to be aroused because of the belt, so to you it's just another piece of equipment. To use the arousal as game mechanic, it could be a reservoir like magika the player character could use to power specific attack or spell. Those don't need to be destructive, you can vanquish your enemies without killing them and nothing keeps you from robbing a passed out bandit. Sadly the overwhelming trend on LL is to lock the player character up and keep the player from doing anything.

Sadly the overwhelming trend on LL is to lock the player character up and keep the player from doing anything.

Nothing in the framework keeps a content mod from assigning positive effects to devices. That being said, I never understood the call for restraints that still let players play the game as if they weren't restrained at all. That makes...no sense to me. The very POINT of a restraint is to hamper its subjects and restricting their freedom. But people installing bondage mods and then saying that they don't like to be bound is...odd? That's a bit like installing a shooter and then complaining about the presence of guns.

It is correct that bondage items usually require a quest context to be interesting. If players can't properly fight (which is -the- main gameplay activity in Skyrim), the content mod would need to give players something -else- to do, that can still be done when wearing debilitating restraints. Good bondage quests are therefore quite hard to design, because you often cannot make use of central gameplay aspects of the very game these quests exist in. More often than not, you have to set them in no-combat zones, or specifically designed areas. But this doesn't change the fact that restraints without restraining effects are inherently pointless. Such items are called "jewelry". The vanilla game has them already and they are guaranteed not to slow your progress in the game! ;)

Sadly the overwhelming trend on LL is to lock the player character up and keep the player from doing anything.

Nothing in the framework keeps a content mod from assigning positive effects to devices. That being said, I never understood the call for restraints that still let players play the game as if they weren't restrained at all. That makes...no sense to me. The very POINT of a restraint is to hamper its subjects and restricting their freedom. But people installing bondage mods and then saying that they don't like to be bound is...odd? That's a bit like installing a shooter and then complaining about the presence of guns.

I was speaking of LL as a whole though. Anyhow, I tend to see thing beyond their primary purpose and the different devices are quite appealing to the eye. For instance I sometimes wished, and still do, to have a gimp as character. All clad in skin-tight leather, from head to toes, she would enter a dungeon and yell: "What's up bitches?". At the end of the run, as she get the reward hidden in the depths of the bandit fort, if she were to look back her sight would be greeted with a bunch of bandits face on the ground, with their pants down, and giant etheral dildoes shoved in their asses. That would be the tales of the Gimp o'War.

I do agree that the point of restrictions are to restrict. But doing nothing isn't a good game mechanic, it's actually pretty boring. In a sense it's like waiting your turn to buy your ticket at an airport: you can't really get out of the line, but while in the line you have absolutely nothing to do but wait. Therefore bondage can have a spin to it, to have a proper game mechanic and involve the player in whatever deviant task is needed by the game. Sensory deprivation isn't transmissible through a screen, so the game developer needs to find another thing to tell a story and keep the player entertained. You do have great ideas in your DCL mod with the mini game in the manor (leon's quest), or the mini quests to get the player free sending the character to the nearest town all bound up.

It is correct that bondage items usually require a quest context to be interesting. If players can't properly fight (which is -the- main gameplay activity in Skyrim), the content mod would need to give players something -else- to do, that can still be done when wearing debilitating restraints. Good bondage quests are therefore quite hard to design, because you often cannot make use of central gameplay aspects of the very game these quests exist in. More often than not, you have to set them in no-combat zones, or specifically designed areas. But this doesn't change the fact that restraints without restraining effects are inherently pointless. Such items are called "jewelry". The vanilla game has them already and they are guaranteed not to slow your progress in the game! ;)

An exemple of good mechanic would be Shout like a virgin, where the mod replace the weapons by sexual congress regardless of the state the player character is in. My main complaint from the previous message is that the trend is to bind and limits the player freedom. As I explained with the Gimp o'War, it is not a necessity. You can have different types of Gimps like the Pony Gimp o'Swiftness, fast and agile to deliver mails between towns. The main quests would involve the player character as a pony running between town to deliver packages. Get paid and advance in ranks in the pony guild. The devices would provide enhancement in speed, jump height to help the player avoid enemies. And at a high guild rank, could even be a Pony Gimp o'War equipped with deadly modifications (giant horse dick as a cudgel to knock out evil doers) to escort sensitive packages.

Point is, this is a fantasy world and it doesn't matter wether it makes sense or not. A Gimp o'War is hot, funny and entertaining to me.

Anyhow, check this webcomic out as it may give some ideas: I Roved Out in Search of Truth and Love.