14 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

No, I don't think so.  In public, townspeople will often refuse your offer of sex, responding "Yeah right, in front of everyone".  I'd just thought that possibly you weren't seeing that reply if you didn't have Fuz Ro D-oh.

13 hours ago, WCSC said:

Not sure if it matters but, did you pick a fight then hit the surrender key?

Here's an example of what shows up in the console after an attempt:

image.thumb.png.6fa1e51629d4c1bfdb78f558c9ecd0ec.png

Maybe it has already been asked. This thing happened to me:

After the defeat in battle ( and yes, with the giants there is :mrgreen: ) my witch got fucked by everyone , after that, everyone left and remained on the ground without being able to perform any action except the quick menu and the game menu

Fixed this with Racemenu

1) Is there any kind of bug?

2) While the mod is running, the status bar appears and remains empty. Should something happen? I assume you have to fill and then empty (or reverse), but this is not the case

Does anyone have an SSE conversion of the version below?

'Defeat v535 Fixed 310520 Bane Version 3'

It incorporated a whole heap of fixes and is by far the best available for LE

If you have, would you mind posting it here?  If you have any doubts about perms from Bane, pls PM me and I think can help you to see that that's probably not a real problem

I have been having an issue where my "surrender" hotkey does not work. I can hear an audible "click" so I think it is activated, but my character never says the lines and the enemy attacks me until I bleed out. Is this something that happens when Papyrus is overloaded or is there another reason that this happens? The strange thing is that everything else seems to work just fine.

1 hour ago, Gordle said:

I have been having an issue where my "surrender" hotkey does not work. I can hear an audible "click" so I think it is activated, but my character never says the lines and the enemy attacks me until I bleed out.

I've never noticed any kind of click (other than the from the keyboard, of course) but the hotkey works okay for me.  An important point that others have mentioned is that loading a saved configuration into Defeat doesn't seem to work for key mappings.  I've noticed this too.  Definitely try setting the hotkey again.  An easy way to test it without the stress of combat is to use it on a townsperson, where its function is to offer sex.

16 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

I've never noticed any kind of click (other than the from the keyboard, of course) but the hotkey works okay for me.  An important point that others have mentioned is that loading a saved configuration into Defeat doesn't seem to work for key mappings.  I've noticed this too.  Definitely try setting the hotkey again.  An easy way to test it without the stress of combat is to use it on a townsperson, where its function is to offer sex.

Ha! That sounds simple enough that I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I will check it out tomorrow and let the thread know if that solves the issue.

EDIT: I removed a few mods that were buggy and that I didn't like. While I was doing that I messed around with Defeat in the MCM. Somehow I ended up with two different ones. The one on the top was the one I was messing with while ignoring the one on the bottom. I changed to the one on the bottom and it works fine when approaching random non-hostile NPCs.

Edited by Gordle
On 7/31/2021 at 9:19 AM, HexBolt8 said:

If the NPC has moved to another location and you have its ID, you can move it to you with "moveto player".  If that plus enable isn't working, your captive must have escaped.  ?  It's tricky working with respawning actors.

Scuse late reply, but... they do move to me, but they somehow just do not exist when placed in front of me, as there would've been an error or something if it didnt work. and the enable does work,... just mysteriously not for the npc being let out of the bag.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:31 PM, Violence6884 said:

Did that actually work? And did you try the bridge between Defeat and SD+ too? The latter is available on a previous page, I can link it if you wish.

Oof it has been a while since I actually played skyrim, if memory servers it worked. SD+ I did not try. Time is a bit scarce at the moment so I probably will not be able to test it soon.

I wanted to ask if this is the right place to try and get help with crash logs or if I should go somewhere else before posting. To me, it seems like Defeat is causing the issues, but I am not terribly smart when it comes to reading Papyrus logs and such.

Can someone please remind me, do the follower commands work on creature followers and/or summons? In particular the deathhounds you get when you side with the Volkihar? I'm nearly at my plugin limit and I'm trying to decide if I should flick on the creature mods for a particular playthrough and I don't really have a profile I can quickly test it on atm. Can I have my creature followers be agressive? Thanks!

Edited by whatrobyndidnext

So I have Skyrim Special Edition. I downloaded the latest SSE version of defeat (didn't have any previous versions) when I update FNIS it gives me one warning saying  \character\behaviors\FNIS_Defeat_Behavior.hkx if I try running the game while defeat is active it causes everyone to T pose. Any recommendations? 

On 5/31/2020 at 11:11 AM, Bane Master said:

So - as I'm sure many of you know there are multiple patched versions of Defeat in circulation and all of them work to some degree but have various issues.

I am (hopefully not surprisingly) still using the version I built back in September 2018 with strings restored by Tkc - the elegantly named "Defeat v535 Fixed 030918 (+Bane fixes v2) (+ restored all rest eng strings 24.09.2018).zip"

During my current play through I have identified and (I believe) fixed a major issue remaining in this version - a condition where, if you were knocked down before your followers(s), the scene would hang after follower knock down with the aggressors just standing looking at you. Since this is a major improvement (in my game at least) I am releasing an update and also taking the chance to simplify the file versioning :)

In summary - this won't make Defeat perfect but it should be an improvement if you are using Version 2 of my patch (with or without eng strings restored.)

If you are using my version 2 patch this should be OK to update in a running game (no guarantees - feedback welcome).

If you are using any other version you will need a new game to use it. 

Good luck!

Changelog Version 3

• Fixed a condition where, if you were knocked down before your followers(s), the scene would hang after follower knock down

Defeat v535 Fixed 310520 Bane Version 3.7z 6.41 MB · 709 downloads

I have now converted this patched version of Defeat to SE - whilst converting I also fixed a couple of animation issues so there is an updated LE version as well. 

The LE update should not need new game but I would advise running FNIS when updating.

The SE version will require a new game.

Defeat v535 Bane v3.2 Updated 250821 LE.7z Defeat v535 Bane v3.2 Updated 250821 SE.7z

20 hours ago, Bane Master said:

I have now converted this patched version of Defeat to SE

That's awesome! Hmmmm, would it be too crazy to ask you for a bridge to SD+ for this? LRG's version only works for base Defeat, according to him. Please save us from having to rely on Death Alternative? **Huge Pleading Kitty Eyes**

On 8/25/2021 at 10:56 AM, Bane Master said:

I have now converted this patched version of Defeat to SE - whilst converting I also fixed a couple of animation issues so there is an updated LE version as well. 

The LE update should not need new game but I would advise running FNIS when updating.

The SE version will require a new game.

Another minor bugfix - the creature animation tags menus will now show the creature tags by default rather than the human ones.

Edit: Please note Defeat requires SkyUILib - the LE version is SE Compatible.

Defeat v535 LE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z Defeat v535 SE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z

Edited by Bane Master
Added link to SkyUILib