On 8/27/2021 at 11:11 AM, Bane Master said:

Another minor bugfix - the creature animation tags menus will now show the creature tags by default rather than the human ones.

Defeat v535 LE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z 6.34 MB · 4 downloads Defeat v535 SE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z 6.32 MB · 6 downloads

I can't seem to activate DEfeat in the MCM (new game). I'm getting the following error in the log file:

[08/28/2021 - 12:23:50PM] Error: defeatconfig.Install() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
    [DefeatMCMQst (3F06D3D4)].defeatmcmscr.OnOptionSelect() - "defeatmcmscr.psc" Line 4377
    [DefeatMCMQst (3F06D3D4)].defeatmcmscr.SelectOption() - "SKI_ConfigBase.psc" Line 1177
    [SKI_ConfigManagerInstance (1C000802)].SKI_ConfigManager.OnOptionSelect() - "SKI_ConfigManager.psc" Line 159

Hello, I'm totally new here but have some experience with modding, but not with SE.

I downloaded the SE version of defeat and the 1.63 version of SexLab for SE but I'm having the following problems:

- Human NPCs will strip me when defeated/surrendering, but will not initiate sex and will instead go back to their attack mode after sensing that the sex isn't going to happen.

- Can't surrender or have sex with the creature category, when opening the menu to allow creatures nothing will show up.

This is my modlist and mod order:

Untitled.png

6 minutes ago, Arcnod said:

Hello, I'm totally new here but have some experience with modding, but not with SE...

In the Sexlab MCM menu, make sure that you have Creature animations turned on. You may also need some additional animation files as I do not even know how many animations involving creatures are included with Sexlab. I have always used Sexlab Animation Loader (SLAL) and additional SLAL animation packs. You may want to do some more research. I think Sexlab has the basic protagonists covered but I do not remember. If everything works until the animation call then there is likely a missing animation or the calls are not going anywhere and the game resumes with the combat. I am thinking you need to check the Sexlab MCM menu to make sure the creature animations are turned on and installed.

On 8/27/2021 at 5:11 AM, Bane Master said:

Another minor bugfix - the creature animation tags menus will now show the creature tags by default rather than the human ones.

Defeat v535 LE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z 6.34 MB · 6 downloads Defeat v535 SE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z 6.32 MB · 7 downloads

Bane master,

Why does the SE version need a new save?  Could we not just use a clean save?

Also could you make a version where wrist or ankle cuffs equipped after sex are the restrictive type ie bind the hands or ankles or are the yokes so that you cant use weapons and are left defenceless?

29 minutes ago, no_way said:

Bane master,

Why does the SE version need a new save?  Could we not just use a clean save?

Also could you make a version where wrist or ankle cuffs equipped after sex are the restrictive type ie bind the hands or ankles or are the yokes so that you cant use weapons and are left defenceless?

Simply because I cannot guarantee that the changes in this version will work if copied over an old version and cleaning a save without corrupting it is not straightforward or for the faint hearted!?

If you are confident that you can clean your save without causing any problems then go ahead and give it a try.

1 hour ago, netruss1964 said:

In the Sexlab MCM menu, make sure that you have Creature animations turned on. You may also need some additional animation files as I do not even know how many animations involving creatures are included with Sexlab. I have always used Sexlab Animation Loader (SLAL) and additional SLAL animation packs. You may want to do some more research. I think Sexlab has the basic protagonists covered but I do not remember. If everything works until the animation call then there is likely a missing animation or the calls are not going anywhere and the game resumes with the combat. I am thinking you need to check the Sexlab MCM menu to make sure the creature animations are turned on and installed.

I think I figured out the problem... I don't seem to have ANY animations registered. At all. I installed the recommended animations from Defeat but can't seem to install them?

20210828133847_1.jpg

@Arcnod Nailed it. Hit reset animation registry, if you have even the base Sexlab animations then something should show on the right there in the animations counts. Do you/did you by chance have MoreNastyCritters installed? I believe that mod removes all the stock creature animations and requires that they be put back in using SLAL. It used to at least. I have used SLAL for a long time so I have not paid much attention to that.

Edited by netruss1964
7 minutes ago, netruss1964 said:

@Arcnod Nailed it. Hit reset animation registry, if you have even the base Sexlab animations then something should show on the right there in the animations counts. Do you/did you by chance have MoreNastyCritters installed? I believe that mod removes all the stock creature animations and requires that they be put back in using SLAL. It used to at least. I have used SLAL for a long time so I have not paid much attention to that.

Didn't seem to do anything. Game world displays "Installing animations" as usual but once it's done the animation count remains at zero. I do have MNC installed but regardless of whether or not it's installed I should at least be seeing something in the animation count, right?

43 minutes ago, Arcnod said:

Didn't seem to do anything. Game world displays "Installing animations" as usual but once it's done the animation count remains at zero. I do have MNC installed but regardless of whether or not it's installed I should at least be seeing something in the animation count, right?

Then you should probably have SLAL And the Animation pack requested by MNC installed, Yes? I will go look at the requirements again but I am thinking you now need SLAL to add back in the animations. Are you in LE or SE? I assume LE but, I wanted to make sure.

Edit: According to the MNC SLAL page ( if that is what you are using...make sure) SLAL is a required mod.

Edited by netruss1964

Yeah, MNC removes the animations to have them added back in through SLAL. This clears up some issue with the animations not getting played randomly if I remember correctly you would see mostly the same animations repeating. Pulled the "stock" animations out and then adding them back in with SLAL fixed that IIRC. If you are adding mods that add/ remove / replace animations do not forget to run ExecuteFNISforUsers after any changes. If you are using Nemesis then I have no advice to offer, I have not touched that yet. 

Edited by netruss1964
2 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Simply because I cannot guarantee that the changes in this version will work if copied over an old version and cleaning a save without corrupting it is not straightforward or for the faint hearted!?

If you are confident that you can clean your save without causing any problems then go ahead and give it a try.

Awesome will give it a go, thanks for the quick reply.

As of the cuffs, are they supposed to be applying just cosmetic cuffs or can it be changed to apply the restrictive ones?  or have i set it up wrong?

On 8/27/2021 at 2:11 AM, Bane Master said:

Hi @Bane Master and sorry for the naive questions:

Is your Sexlab Defeat patch self-contained, meaning it is an alternative to Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 ?

Or does your Sexlab Defeat patch require Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 and your Sexlab Defeat patch must be installed on top of Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 ?

Thanks!

51 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Is your Sexlab Defeat patch self-contained, meaning it is an alternative to Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 ?

Or does your Sexlab Defeat patch require Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 and your Sexlab Defeat patch must be installed on top of Sexlab Defeat 5.3.5 ?

Thanks!

No  problem - it's a sensible question!

Because there are so many patches and versions of Defeat in circulation (and I'm as much to blame for that as anyone!) I have made this an all-in-one standalone version - nothing else is required.

On 8/27/2021 at 2:11 AM, Bane Master said:

Defeat v535 LE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z 6.34 MB · 11 downloads Defeat v535 SE Bane v3.3 Updated 270821.7z 6.32 MB · 13 downloads

Hi Bane,

When you say I don't need to start a new game.  Do I just Delete the old version, install yours and fun FNIS and done?

Thanks

7 hours ago, Bane Master said:

They are cosmetic - I haven't tried using restrictive so can't comment as to the outcome

Could be a nice addon, to use the restrictive ones.  Would work really well with Deviously Helpless, having to escape and get help after being bound, or be used by everyone between you and rescue.

3 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Assuming the old version was also mine. You can't upgrade from any other defeat version.

Okay, so a game it is as I've only been using the original.

Is there a link or anything with how your version differs from the original?  Any certain load order?  I usually had Defeat on the bottom even though Loot would push it up more and it ended up causing some conflicts with mods

1 hour ago, WCSC said:

Is there a link or anything with how your version differs from the original?  Any certain load order?  I usually had Defeat on the bottom even though Loot would push it up more and it ended up causing some conflicts with mods

Afraid not - basically this has just grown informally out of trying to bugfix the many versions of defeat that have been attempted over the years. All I can say is this is the one that works most reliably for me - it's not perfect but I think the game braking bugs have been addressed.

Getting a weird bug now, when I surrender to humans all is good but when I try and surrender to creatures she does the standing back up animation but can never surrender.

I don’t get the “you cannot surrender to this enemy” warning.

any idea what’s going on?

5 minutes ago, no_way said:

Getting a weird bug now, when I surrender to humans all is good but when I try and surrender to creatures she does the standing back up animation but can never surrender.

I don’t get the “you cannot surrender to this enemy” warning.

any idea what’s going on?

all creatures or a particular one?

21 hours ago, Herowynne said:

Thanks!

FWIW, it looks like the whole thing.  I've attached the original LE version - NB it's the LE VERSION - if you want to compare them  SORRY, missed his reply and have deleted the file so as to avoid confusiing ppl more!

BUT, someone up-thread asked if there was any chance of modifying Bane's version to add the current DD5 restrictive restraints, as opposed to just the old cosmetic ones, which I presume are still in use in the SE conversion. 

Here's some more info on the same topic. 

I've used your 'fixes' for a few things.  Is this something else you could maybe 'fix' too?  Bane has already said that he hasn't the time to do it himself, but that he would have no issues with anyone else doing that .... ?

Rats! The link doesn't seem to go directly to the correct posts but they are

Edited by donkeywho
15 hours ago, WCSC said:

FWIW, the changes up to and incl Bane's version not only fixed lots of bugs to give what is really the most stable LE version out there and now hopefully the same in SE, but it integrated some of the functionality from what were previously separate add-ons, incl Roggvirs Deviously Helpless (something he has converted to SE to add on to the basic mod SE conversion) which added various, selectable type and chance, DD restraints after Robbery and Rape events.  The Bane version NPC vs NPC stuff works well, with follower functionality working as intended.  I've used almost every version of Defeat ever, and the Bane version is the best available

The only quirk now is that it is a little behind the times wrt the DD restraints added, as those are primarily cosmetic cuffs, armbinder etc, only, still available through DD5 (on the LE version at least - haven't yet tried this SE conversion).  It doesn't add/use the current crop of properly restrictive, locking, items available in DD5, eg Straitjackets, Dresses, Chains. etc which would make for a complete upgrade on post player and NPC defeat playability   

I have no idea how to change the code myself.  The source code is included and the changes could be made by someone with the time, inclination and competence, (Bane has said he's OK with anyone doing that) so I'm just trying to see if I can find some hero to make it happen  ? 

Hope that helps