hello im running into an issue with the mod pratically when i click "rape" on a knocked down female enemy (im playing a female character with gender set  to male in sexlab) the npc equip the strapon even if i am the male actor

edit: seems like turning off filter gender tags animations in sexlab fix it

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Aurelia Eclipse said:

How do I remove the Aggrressive tags form the list of removed/supressed animations / tags in general?

Highlight the list of tags in Defeat's MCM.  You'll see a note in the help text explaining how to clear the list.  Press the MCM Default key (your key mapping for this is shown the very bottom left of your screen).  You'll then have to add back any other tags that you want to suppress.

General Request

I use the latest Bane3 version (without Death Alternative!) and as long as you know what you're doing it mostly can be made to work reasonably well.  Especially if making sure that you clean it up occasionally

However, the one thing that really could do with a bit of an update is the code that adds DD devices after robbery/rape events

It's not that it doesn't work.  It's just that the DD devices available have now moved on a lot.  A lot of those in the mod currently, esp the 'hand/arm' DDs, are pretty much cosmetic, rather than properly 'operational'.  The range now available, and their functionality on NPCs, is SO much better ( @Kharos Better DD Support mod is excellent as it applies restrictions to follower NPCs that are appropriate to worn devices) and Defeat misses out on that because it doesn't have options to apply the new items

The code to select and apply the DD devices in the MCM seems to be fairly discreet, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there who might be up to the challenge ( @Monoman1 maybe?) 

I have asked Bane Master himself and, although otherwise engaged himeself, he said he has no problems with anyone else patching his version again to do this.  I also tried another couple of mod authors/patchers but they weren't able to help at the time, either

The basics of what might be done are in the spoiler text that I sent to one of them

Is there anyone who might be up for this?

Spoiler

Crossed my mind you've 'fixed' quite a few mods now and so I wondered if you were up to the challenge of bringing the latest version of Goubo's 'Classic Defeat', ie the Bane v3 one, a bit more up to date?  I'd do it myself if I had the first real clue about how to

Despite all the whingeing, the basic mod is fairly robust, as long as you get to know what you're doing when setting it up in game, apply the anim tags etc properly and can use the extensive debug facilities when necessary to 'unstick' the PC or any other NPC that occasionally gets a bit 'stuck'.  I've been using it since almost forever, and it's still the best version of any combat defeat mod, particularly with its handling of followers and other NPCs (I use it standalone, without DAYMOYL which was just too janky  for even my patience)

The main problem nowadays is that its implementation of DD restraint handling in the post combat options is really limited, both in

- the items applied compared to the range now available in the main DD5x series, and

- their impact on subsequent gameplay

There could still be a bit more 'jeopardy' built into the game for the player if a wider range could be used (although Kharos' FixUp Mod to ensure that they have better functionality on followers and NPCs is really helpful)

Banev3 comes with the psc source code files.  I don't profess to know anything about Papyrus, but looking at the general structure of the code in the source file 'defeatconfig.psc Line 2155 onwards, the part which covers 'Equip Devices', it crossed my mind that a 'simple' (LOL) fix that didn't entail MCM or other major changes etc would just be to modify the items applied so that instead of picking specific items, it provided for a randomised selection of functional 'equivalents'

eg The basic 'gloves' section could add not just cuffs, but a randomised selection for 'hand restraint egs mittens, HDT wrist chains, etc, the 'armbinder' section cover a randomised set of currently available arm restraints, eg the rope harnesses, straightjackets, elbowbinders etc, gags could be expanded to randomise on the current items available etc.  I'm sure I don't need to elaborate more to get the basic idea across

I'm sure that I will have oversimplified that a bit (or maybe a lot!) but if that were practicable, and you felt so inclined to tweak the code to that end,

1 - you'd be a hero

2 - you'd give Defeat a whole new lease of life

3 - you'd boost Defeat into almost a 'Framework' position again, as most of the newer defeat mods being developed are, as far as I can see and with due respect to the developers whose skills I couldn't hope to emulate, basically mods for EDIT their particular styles 

So

4 - Is that a 'fix' that might pique your interest enough to attempt?  Obviously, if it's not, or you were worried it might lead to all sorts of nutters demanding support etc, just say so and I'll pad on by

5 - If it does appeal, is it actually a feasible idea?  Or am I just dreaming of pies, simmering gently in the sky? ?

No need to reply if you don't want to.  No offence will be taken.  I'm not like that .....

51 minutes ago, donkeywho said:

General Request

I use the latest Bane3 version (without Death Alternative!) and as long as you know what you're doing it mostly can be made to work reasonably well.  Especially if making sure that you clean it up occasionally

However, the one thing that really could do with a bit of an update is the code that adds DD devices after robbery/rape events

It's not that it doesn't work.  It's just that the DD devices available have now moved on a lot.  A lot of those in the mod currently, esp the 'hand/arm' DDs, are pretty much cosmetic, rather than properly 'operational'.  The range now available, and their functionality on NPCs, is SO much better ( @Kharos Better DD Support mod is excellent as it applies restrictions to follower NPCs that are appropriate to worn devices) and Defeat misses out on that because it doesn't have options to apply the new items

The code to select and apply the DD devices in the MCM seems to be fairly discreet, so I was wondering if there was anyone out there who might be up to the challenge ( @Monoman1 maybe?) 

I have asked Bane Master himself and, although otherwise engaged himeself, he said he has no problems with anyone else patching his version again to do this.  I also tried another couple of mod authors/patchers but they weren't able to help at the time, either

The basics of what might be done are in the spoiler text that I sent to one of them

Is there anyone who might be up for this?

Reveal hidden contents

Crossed my mind you've 'fixed' quite a few mods now and so I wondered if you were up to the challenge of bringing the latest version of Goubo's 'Classic Defeat', ie the Bane v3 one, a bit more up to date?  I'd do it myself if I had the first real clue about how to

Despite all the whingeing, the basic mod is fairly robust, as long as you get to know what you're doing when setting it up in game, apply the anim tags etc properly and can use the extensive debug facilities when necessary to 'unstick' the PC or any other NPC that occasionally gets a bit 'stuck'.  I've been using it since almost forever, and it's still the best version of any combat defeat mod, particularly with its handling of followers and other NPCs (I use it standalone, without DAYMOYL which was just too janky  for even my patience)

The main problem nowadays is that its implementation of DD restraint handling in the post combat options is really limited, both in

- the items applied compared to the range now available in the main DD5x series, and

- their impact on subsequent gameplay

There could still be a bit more 'jeopardy' built into the game for the player if a wider range could be used (although Kharos' FixUp Mod to ensure that they have better functionality on followers and NPCs is really helpful)

Banev3 comes with the psc source code files.  I don't profess to know anything about Papyrus, but looking at the general structure of the code in the source file 'defeatconfig.psc Line 2155 onwards, the part which covers 'Equip Devices', it crossed my mind that a 'simple' (LOL) fix that didn't entail MCM or other major changes etc would just be to modify the items applied so that instead of picking specific items, it provided for a randomised selection of functional 'equivalents'

eg The basic 'gloves' section could add not just cuffs, but a randomised selection for 'hand restraint egs mittens, HDT wrist chains, etc, the 'armbinder' section cover a randomised set of currently available arm restraints, eg the rope harnesses, straightjackets, elbowbinders etc, gags could be expanded to randomise on the current items available etc.  I'm sure I don't need to elaborate more to get the basic idea across

I'm sure that I will have oversimplified that a bit (or maybe a lot!) but if that were practicable, and you felt so inclined to tweak the code to that end,

1 - you'd be a hero

2 - you'd give Defeat a whole new lease of life

3 - you'd boost Defeat into almost a 'Framework' position again, as most of the newer defeat mods being developed are, as far as I can see and with due respect to the developers whose skills I couldn't hope to emulate, basically mods for EDIT their particular styles 

So

4 - Is that a 'fix' that might pique your interest enough to attempt?  Obviously, if it's not, or you were worried it might lead to all sorts of nutters demanding support etc, just say so and I'll pad on by

5 - If it does appeal, is it actually a feasible idea?  Or am I just dreaming of pies, simmering gently in the sky? ?

No need to reply if you don't want to.  No offence will be taken.  I'm not like that .....

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think this is what you're looking for?

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Oh no. I'm afraid I wouldn't have time for this at all. But you're welcome to use any code from any of my mods if it helps. 

36 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Oh no. I'm afraid I wouldn't have time for this at all. But you're welcome to use any code from any of my mods if it helps. 

It was just a wild punt. ?  

TBH, I hadn't really even expected a reply, but thanks anyway, not least for your being so polite about it as well!  ?

1 hour ago, xAteax said:

Correct me if I'm wrong... but I think this is what you're looking for?

Maybe so, but that's SE, and as an old user of LE- think of that as in old, maybe closer to dying than it would take me to set up an equivalent full working SE setup ? - unless it can be backported to LE, or just run straight on an LE installation, it may not really be a practical solution

Unless you, or maybe someone else, can tell me it runs on LE no bother

Thanks for taking the time to make the suggestion though, and I will have a look anyway

?

8 minutes ago, axz2 said:

That link links to the LE version - https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/804-devious-captures/

Thanks for the pointer.

But that's just as, if not maybe even more, ancient than the version of DC that was incorporated into the subsequent versions of Defeat (incl the latest Banev3), and really only deals with DDs that were available from about DDi/DDe 3.  

The current Bane3 version of Defeat works OK with DDv5 but only uses the much older restraint assets that were in the DD3 generation mods

I couldn't code Papyrus to save my life, but looking at the logic in source files, where Devious Captures has been integrated, the restraints selection seems pretty much contained in modular chunks, and would hopefully need fairly limited tweaks to pick up the newer DD5 assets. 

The sort of simplest changes might be to make minimalist changes to the MCM descriptive text, so  for the Armbinders section text, change it to 'Armbinders/Rope Binders', amend the MCM text for 'Cuffs' to something like 'Arms/Body' and also amend the text for (OTTOMH) 'Gloves' to 'Hands'. 

You could then change the related specific restraint selection code in the script to amended code that instead added a randomised selection from the equivalent assets in DD5 egs

- for 'Armbinders/Rope Binders', change it to the possibility of random selection from armbinders plus the newer elbow binders, straightjackets etc

- for 'arms/body, change it to the possibility of a random selection from the existing cuffs or newer DD rope restraints 

- for 'Hands', change it to the possibility of a random selection from the newer DD mittens and other functional hand restraints

I realise that even in trying to minimise the tweaks needed, that's probably still a bit simplistic, and that whilst increasing the potential assets that might be used, you might not have the same level of fine grain control over which might appear and which not. but it would still be a step up

Given the pool of real talent out there, surely there must be someone up to the challenge? ?

Hi

I'm just here to find out where the voice lines for player surrender topics like ("no more, I yield" or "You win, I submit") are located. Basically I'm trying to make my elf character use the same voice as humans when surrendering, but I can't find any of the sound files that defeat uses, even after checking in xEdit.

31 minutes ago, Sunbro01 said:

I'm just here to find out where the voice lines for player surrender topics like ("no more, I yield" or "You win, I submit") are located.

They're lines from vanilla Skyrim, topic 00013F30.  The topic is referenced by ID in the DefeatConfig script.

On 5/31/2020 at 3:11 AM, Bane Master said:

Changelog Version 3

• Fixed a condition where, if you were knocked down before your followers(s), the scene would hang after follower knock down

Defeat v535 Fixed 310520 Bane Version 3.7z 6.41 MB · 646 downloads

Starting a new game with Defeat v535 Fixed 310520 Bane Version 3, but I cannot toggle essential pc knockdown in the MCM. It kind of toggles together with on wound, and doesn't respond to direct clicks. Tried reconfiguring and reinstalling. Set player essential in the debug menu works, but then on knockdown a scene doesn't start. Surrender works. Any idea how to fix?

Update:  Export/Import settings appears to have corrected this. Still can't toggle essential, but save/load defeat settings on the main page appears to configure things correctly.

Edited by 7osisg4d
1 hour ago, emiya00467 said:

whenever i release an npc from my sack, they dont appear anywhere.

The NPCs that you can capture are typically the kind that despawn after a while.  If an NPC despawns, it's still actually there, just disabled.  That seems to happen more often to me if I save and reload.  If you happen to have the NPC's ID from a previous save, you can still make it reappear with "prid xxxxxxxx" and "enable".  Otherwise, you're out of luck.  When I get cheated out of selling a captive, I often give myself a bit of gold with the console and pretend that the event worked properly.

2 hours ago, fatuglycild said:

Whenever I start any dialogue with the mod I can see their mouth moving but no voice line plays, and it does that for all sexlab mods.

Check that you have the latest version of Fuz Ro D-oh.  You can also try reinstalling it.

I recently installed SL Defeat again after playing Skyrim a bit without and started a new file, but I'm having trouble enabling it ingame. When I click to enable it in the MCM, it gives me the usual dialogue to close the menu and wait until a message pops up, but the message doesn't pop up even after a longer-than-reasonable amount of time. I've found that I can then go back into the MCM, and if I click the install button again it will bring up the dialogue again, but after waiting, nothing will happen. I've played with the mod before and I haven't added any new mods I haven't used with SL Defeat before, so I don't think it's a mod conflict. I've tried playing around with load order and disabling it, enabling it after making a clean save without it. If anyone has run into this problem and has a solution or can guide me in how to start troubleshooting I would appreciate it a lot!

22 hours ago, xElbbubx said:

I recently installed SL Defeat again after playing Skyrim a bit without and started a new file, but I'm having trouble enabling it ingame. When I click to enable it in the MCM, it gives me the usual dialogue to close the menu and wait until a message pops up, but the message doesn't pop up even after a longer-than-reasonable amount of time. I've found that I can then go back into the MCM, and if I click the install button again it will bring up the dialogue again, but after waiting, nothing will happen. I've played with the mod before and I haven't added any new mods I haven't used with SL Defeat before, so I don't think it's a mod conflict. I've tried playing around with load order and disabling it, enabling it after making a clean save without it. If anyone has run into this problem and has a solution or can guide me in how to start troubleshooting I would appreciate it a lot!

Its usually at the very bottom of my LO

Hi, i've been having troubles to find the market values of the NPCs mentioned on Handover/Makert Value Section. I did understand how it works, but I still haven't figured out how to reveal prices of a NPC that I capture. Descriptions says I have to check their pricess under my crossair, but nothing shows up even if I mark them with Action Key.

6 hours ago, HyroSasake said:

I still haven't figured out how to reveal prices of a NPC that I capture.

Go to the Player/follower Aggressor page on the mod's MCM.  Scroll down to Handover/Prostitution.  The first line in that section is "Market value of xxx", where xxx is the name of the actor under the crosshair (if nothing is targeted, the PC is xxx).  You can click that line for price details.

So, like, what does it take to not have to watch my male followers get raped?? 

Follower collateral/surrender is off. 

Threesome chance: 0%

Player/follower aggressor and NPC vs NPC: Off

NPC vs NPC settings are as follows:

NPCs and followers as victims: off

Health, chance on hit, sexual assault chance: 0%

Male vs male, male vs female, female vs male, female vs female are all UNCHECKED under both the NPCs and creatures sections.

Multiple and threesome chance: 0%

ALL RACES DISABLED.

ALL post assault set to 0 seconds and they still lay around shivering for longer than my PC even does.

And after all that, STILL my followers get raped after my PC does. WTF?

I'm getting mad... :/

Edit: Oh, and the icing on the cake? I had a follower for a while that I WANTED to suffer collateral, but turning all the bove settings to high? MULTIPLE Defeat scenarios and no follower assault. But turn everything to as "NEVER LET THIS HAPPEN!" as possible and it happens on the first try.

Edited by ShenGo