29 minutes ago, Kohvalii said:

is there an oldrim version of this mod

Had a better look.  The SSE Version Development seems to have moved here from Nexus

In the downloads list, there are two files stated as for LE/Oldrim.  I was using the 0.40.1 version OK in LE before I moved to SSE

17 minutes ago, Kohvalii said:

if i am defeated and i get fucked but i don't have any endings selected (theft, left for dead, rescued) can i just get up and start fighting again?

Depending on your "Player as victim" settings, you might be seriously weakened for a time afterwards, so an immediate attack could be unwise.

2 hours ago, Kohvalii said:

so question if i am defeated and i get fucked but i don't have any endings selected (theft, left for dead, rescued) can i just get up and start fighting again?

Yep.  You get/can set a limited time to move away in which you cannot change your armour or weapons.  In that time your enemy won't attack you.  

So Run!  Just Run!

(It's a bit like Left for Dead but a bit better than having your weary ass dragged all over the place and then having to (waste a lot of time) trying to get back to where you got duffed up in the first place)

On 9/19/2021 at 5:08 AM, donkeywho said:

If you haven't already thought about it, you should maybe update to Bane Masters version found here.  It has the functionality of both of those combined, working, and fixes lots of other stuff.  It's probably the most reliable version available.  See the link below

Only thing that it presently lacks is that the restraints applied after Defeat events, whilst being compatible with the DD5+ range, are by and large the older 'cosmetic' variety from about DD4.3 or so, rather than the range of modern functional equivalents

I've spent months trying to find someone, anyone!, with the skill needed to modify the relevant bits of code to update the available options to the more current, functionally restrictive, restraints and other goodies found in DD5+.  Banemaster hasn't the time, but has stated that he'd be amenable to anyone else doing that 

It doesn't look that difficult either, as the code all seems very modular, and open to just calling replacement items for those included now, but I don't pretend to know if that's complicated by 'keyword changes' and the like. 

Even the generic MCM text could probably be left untouched as long as it was clear that the descriptions now covered a wider range of restraints for the 'PC' slots used than that shown

Hopefully, one day, there will come a knight in shining armour to tilt at this particular windmill ... ?

Sorry but it's there a difference between this version and baka version?

2 hours ago, urbon said:

Yes. 

The rough history is that some random, clever, Russian(?) fella fixed a whole load of issues with Goubo's original mod, and added a few bits too, not least of which was incorporation of some relevant post combat/defeat event handling from Devious Captures (arguably more useful), without the need to use DAYMOYL and its optional outcomes or addon.

@Bane Master further developed that and added some more fixes, and has recently updated both versions of his variant, for both LE and SSE.  They are not on the main download page as they are 'unofficial' user modifications/updates, definitely not inferior in any way, but are understandably unlikely to have the level of support that a 'formal' mod would require

This variant is probably more expansive than others.  At the moment, tho', until some kind soul who knows what they are doing is prepared to update the post event DD item selection, what is available/used in game to restrain a player, in the post defeat handling, are the older generation cosmetic DDs (still available in DD5+) rather than the more up to date functionally restrictive DD items available within DD5+.    

Think that's a fair summary.  Others should feel free to pile in and correct anything where I have got the sequence and credits significantly wrong

5 hours ago, urbon said:

One difference on the Baka version which I hope gets fixed is no NPC vs NPC Defeat.  Also If you have a mod like PC get's necro'd, and you die waiting to get necro'd, your followers won't get assaulted.  

11 minutes ago, WCSC said:

One difference on the Baka version which I hope gets fixed is no NPC vs NPC Defeat.  Also If you have a mod like PC get's necro'd, and you die waiting to get necro'd, your followers won't get assaulted.  

You occasionally also see people moaning that NPC v NPC doesn't work on the @Bane Master  etc fixed versions.  I've had that running perfectly well on those for years. 

If it doesn't work, people either have a problem with their modlist/order , they've borked the install, or they don't know what they're doing.  The latter is a forgiveable sin, TBH, as you do have to take time to understand the way it works, and play around a bit to get the basics set up properly.  Once you really have the hang of it, it's fine.  And 'Debug' really is your friend .. ?

Edited by donkeywho
8 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Yes. 

The rough history is that some random, clever, Russian(?) fella fixed a whole load of issues with Goubo's original mod, and added a few bits too, not least of which was incorporation of some relevant post combat/defeat event handling from Devious Captures (arguably more useful), without the need to use DAYMOYL and its optional outcomes or addon.

@Bane Master further developed that and added some more fixes, and has recently updated both versions of his variant, for both LE and SSE.  They are not on the main download page as they are 'unofficial' user modifications/updates, definitely not inferior in any way, but are understandably unlikely to have the level of support that a 'formal' mod would require

This variant is probably more expansive than others.  At the moment, tho', until some kind soul who knows what they are doing is prepared to update the post event DD item selection, what is available/used in game to restrain a player, in the post defeat handling, are the older generation cosmetic DDs (still available in DD5+) rather than the more up to date functionally restrictive DD items available within DD5+.    

Think that's a fair summary.  Others should feel free to pile in and correct anything where I have got the sequence and credits significantly wrong

Oh god. Sounds really good. I'm using the baka version and I love the animation when the character surrender. It's cool. I will try to give a chance to the cool russian version then ^^ thanks  a lot! 

7 hours ago, donkeywho said:

You occasionally also see people moaning that NPC v NPC doesn't work on the @Bane Master  etc fixed versions.  I've had that running perfectly well on those for years. 

If it doesn't work, people either have a problem with their modlist/order , they've borked the install, or they don't know what they're doing.  The latter is a forgiveable sin, TBH, as you do have to take time to understand the way it works, and play around a bit to get the basics set up properly.  Once you really have the hang of it, it's fine.  And 'Debug' really is your friend .. ?

Wish could experience the Bane version...I can't even get the Bane version to work.  Like so many others I can't get it to install in the MCM

Edited by WCSC
3 hours ago, WCSC said:

Wish could experience the Bane version...I can't even get the Bane version to work.  Like so many others I can't get it to install in the MCM

Not a problem I've ever encountered, TBH, so can't give you any really definite solutions, just some clues as to what you might check.  OTTOTH, tho', trhings to consider are

- If you don't get ANY MCM at all, try shifting it down your load order and/or only installing it on its own, ie not as one of a bunch of other mods

- If you have the MCM, but it won't fire up from the MCM 'install' button, make sure that once you click that, that  you have exited all the way out of the MCMs back to the main game screen and be prepared to wait for a while.  It certainly won't install unless you back out of the MCMs and it does take time to install itself.  Again, shifting it down the load order might help

- Make sure that Sexlab has been installed fully, that you've registered all its animations and you have enabled creatures, for good measure.

- Run FNIS before trying to install it

There will be others who should be able to give you more definite advice from practical experience, and hopefully some of them will respond too

15 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Not a problem I've ever encountered, TBH, so can't give you any really definite solutions, just some clues as to what you might check.  OTTOTH, tho', trhings to consider are

- If you don't get ANY MCM at all, try shifting it down your load order and/or only installing it on its own, ie not as one of a bunch of other mods

- If you have the MCM, but it won't fire up from the MCM 'install' button, make sure that once you click that, that  you have exited all the way out of the MCMs back to the main game screen and be prepared to wait for a while.  It certainly won't install unless you back out of the MCMs and it does take time to install itself.  Again, shifting it down the load order might help

- Make sure that Sexlab has been installed fully, that you've registered all its animations and you have enabled creatures, for good measure.

- Run FNIS before trying to install it

There will be others who should be able to give you more definite advice from practical experience, and hopefully some of them will respond too

Tried all that. 

I have the original defeat here and at one time the Baka installed.  It's just the Bane like I read so many here (and recently stated here by others in just the last few pages) that can't get it to install.  If it is conflicting with one of my mods which I can't imagine it is, but IF it is.... I couldn't see trading up or losing of the mods I commonly use.  Defeat I usually have at the bottom, but tried moving around and no avail.   For some reason I've always had problems with Banes install even in years past....which the the "russian" modded one?  Or maybe I'm thinking of another

Don't think I've even seen him reply to the install issue to others on the same issue of the mod not installing from the mcm other than needing those files that "Violens" uses, but have those installed and tried disabling violens.  so...idk

aus irgendeinem grund läuft bei mir nur einvernehmlich, ich muss es also selbst auslösen mit dem illusionszauber. bisher wurde ich nur immer getötet. hab ich einen mod vergessen oder hab ich was falsch gemacht? hab die mods sexlab rape, sexlab, creaturen, MCM, den animationsloader, brawling rape drin und auch die animationen sind da aber es geschieht eben nur alles in 1 gegen 1 einvernehmlich und nur EIN einvernehmlich. muss man irgendwas erreichen oder tun damit sowas geschieht oder brauch ich noch einen mod dazu? es läuft aber auch einvernehmlich kein doppel oder treehsome. zum teil sind auch creaturen etwas verstellt wie zum beispiel spinnen die dann den hinterkopf bearbeiten so das ich eigendlich schon hinter der spinne liege. wäre schön wenn da jemand weiß was bei mir fehlt oder was da falsch läuft das ich nicht vergewaltigt werde, es auch keine dialoge gibt usw. Ist

8 hours ago, WCSC said:

Tried all that. 

I have the original defeat here and at one time the Baka installed.  It's just the Bane like I read so many here (and recently stated here by others in just the last few pages) that can't get it to install.  If it is conflicting with one of my mods which I can't imagine it is, but IF it is.... I couldn't see trading up or losing of the mods I commonly use.  Defeat I usually have at the bottom, but tried moving around and no avail.   For some reason I've always had problems with Banes install even in years past....which the the "russian" modded one?  Or maybe I'm thinking of another

Don't think I've even seen him reply to the install issue to others on the same issue of the mod not installing from the mcm other than needing those files that "Violens" uses, but have those installed and tried disabling violens.  so...idk

I don't really know then, I'm afraid

He did post this with the latest update, so I presume you do have this installed?

===================================

And yet another  minor bugfix - the last two strip item selectors on the "Player as Victim" MCM page now work as intended.

Please note Defeat requires SkyUILib - the LE version is SE Compatible.

4 hours ago, donkeywho said:

He did post this with the latest update, so I presume you do have this installed?

And yet another  minor bugfix - the last two strip item selectors on the "Player as Victim" MCM page now work as intended.

Yeah, that was the file he mentioned was used by Violens too, which I have insatlled

@WCSC

I have had issues with ALL versions of Defeat, including Bane's, at one time or another. In fact I have had issues with many mods. You sometimes have to "hide" scripts, textures or items to get some mods to play nice with other mods. Some mods do NOT play nice with other mods no matter what you try. You may have to do some triage on your mod list at times to make some mods work. Defeat is a bit touchy, I commonly use other mods to approximate the functions. Sometimes we have to settle. Especially if you have no clue how the mod or mods actually do what they do. Defeat is one of those that need to be built around. Add it early to the list to test function, then add mods till you find something that breaks it. If you cannot get it fixed through editing or load order you have to determine which is more important to your game. Just my opinion in an attempt to help if possible.

Edit: I would focus on mods that "touch" vanilla "bleed-out" events, that is usually the problem. Mods that affect bleed-out mode clash with Defeat every time and are notorious for causing script fail or engine fail and sometimes save game issues if you are not careful about your fix attempts. Just a thought.

Also, last time I used "The Bane Version" it took an extended time ( like possibly 30 minutes, but it did work. ) before the thing installed and I was notified of a new MCM menu. If you are playing on Grandma's Compaq Presario, if your system has limited ram or you are running a lot of scripts in your game you may have to wait for the MCM menu to show up if at all.

Edited by netruss1964
Added content, again.
41 minutes ago, netruss1964 said:

@WCSC

I have had issues with ALL versions of Defeat, including Bane's, at one time or another. In fact I have had issues with many mods. You sometimes have to "hide" scripts, textures or items to get some mods to play nice with other mods. Some mods do NOT play nice with other mods no matter what you try. You may have to do some triage on your mod list at times to make some mods work. Defeat is a bit touchy, I commonly use other mods to approximate the functions. Sometimes we have to settle. Especially if you have no clue how the mod or mods actually do what they do. Defeat is one of those that need to be built around. Add it early to the list to test function, then add mods till you find something that breaks it. If you cannot get it fixed through editing or load order you have to determine which is more important to your game. Just my opinion in an attempt to help if possible.

Edit: I would focus on mods that "touch" vanilla "bleed-out" events, that is usually the problem. Mods that affect bleed-out mode clash with Defeat every time and are notorious for causing script fail or engine fail and sometimes save game issues if you are not careful about your fix attempts. Just a thought.

Also, last time I used "The Bane Version" it took an extended time ( like possibly 30 minutes ) before the thing installed and I was notified of a new MCM menu. If you are playing on Grandma's Compaq Presario, if your system has limited ram or you are running a lot of scripts in your game you may have to wait for the MCM menu to show up if at all.

The OG Defeat (LE) I currently have is at near bottom, i think an enb and alternative start is below.   The mods that I have that I know can have issues working and touchy on load order is Baka's SLHH, Approach, SL Adventures...but not sure if those might affect Defeat.  An older mod I use Beastess, not so common Player Get's Necro'd.  I don't have a whole lot of mods installed (looking at my list), just a lot of armors and followers.  I'd like to try Banes, it's just frustrating trying , lol.  Maybe I will try and install in the mcm and come back an hour later :) 

6 hours ago, donkeywho said:

Thanks for your help though

Edited by WCSC
2 minutes ago, WCSC said:

The OG Defeat (LE) I currently have is at near bottom, i think an enb and alternative start is below.   The mods that I have that I know can have issues working and touchy on load order is Baka's SLHH, Approach, SL Adventures...but not sure if those might affect Defeat.  An older mod I use Beastess, not so common Player Get's Necro'd.  I don't have a whole lot of mods installed (looking at my list), just a lot of armors and followers.  I'd like to try Banes, it's just frustrating trying , lol.  Maybe I will try and install in the mcm and come back an hour later :) 

Thanks for your help though

Given what @netruss1964 just wrote, if you are saying you use 'Player get's Necro'd' in most games, I'd start there.  Try Necro'ing that mod first, and then see if Defeat will come to life

@WCSC

Beastess possibly. It touches player bleed-out obviously to have player get necroed (OR...is that another mod...player gets Necroed...yeah, I remember that sounds likely.) ...that could be part of this. Is the MCM menu showing up and is the mod seemingly installing? I use SexLab Leveling to approximate the functions of Defeat because I commonly use Paradise Halls Enhanced which affects NPC bleed-out so they do not play nice together...

Edited by netruss1964
1 minute ago, netruss1964 said:

@WCSC

Beastess possibly. It touches player bleed-out obviously to have player get necroed...that could be part of this. Is the MCM menu showing up and is the mod seemingly installing? I use SexLab Leveling to approximate the functions of Defeat because I commonly use Paradise Halls Enhanced which affects NPC bleed-out so they do not play nice together...

PAHE/NPC bleedout issues?  That's interesting.  Years ago, I asked Goubo to incorporate the option to enslave enemies who had been downed by paralysis and, lo and behold, he did!

That's still there and functions quite well, although you do (now?) have to hit the paralysed NPC and inflict some health damage, before the enslavement option appears

I hope no-one ever changes that.  It would really cramp my playing style  :P