UNP is my vote, and the reason why is that most assets amde for it work with Sevenbase too!

UNP for the sole reason that UNP stuff works with a lot of bodies, like DG, UNPB, and to an extent 7B, while CBBE only works with CBBE.

Those are good arguments for continuing support of UNP. However I assume that the meshes would still show clipping in some parts with these other bodies (if only less obvious than the cbbe counterpart), would they not?

Has anybody tried using the existing assets on one of them?

I'd say create for whatever body-type you are using.

Modding should, first and foremost, be for one's own enjoyment, and end users can always modify the mesh to fit their custom body types.

You can't possibly cater to all the different variations of the 2 main body types. Hardly anyone uses the default UNP body these days; as for CBBE, I'm fairly certain most people use bodyslide to customize their body meshes, and even if your assets are created explicitly for bodyslide, clipplings/distortions are still fairly common.

I have not experimented with CBBE before, so I have no idea how this bodyslide tool handles weight maps, but I assume the extrapolated version is never going to be nearly as good as hand painted maps.

UNPB is better, more natural btw. The CBBE is a great production but it seems too much to a body that only some brazilian teens have.

The unp fits better the common idea about nordic / skyrimish woman.

Not counting that, after all, there are more stuffs available into a easy way (armours and so on) without the need of strange and complicated "tools" to adapt everything.

I was able, btw, to wear some remodeled armours (CBBE only) on my UNPB body, without noticeable clippings and issue.

Trying the reverse, there is the absolute need to change at least the body texture because there are tremendous stretching of breast and butt, instead.

So, I'm for UNPB-BBP, forever.

As a side note, most body types are very similar around the arm/pelvis/leg regions, so you can usually get away without too much clipping.

However, modeling becomes fairly tricky when you work with the face/chest/thigh regions for different body types. This is especially true for the head mesh, as almost everyone uses a different preset, thus making standardization nearly impossible.

Added the choice to specify a different body type to find out if a large fraction of you would like to use this mod with a completely different body instead.

I'd say create for whatever body-type you are using.

Modding should, first and foremost, be for one's own enjoyment, and end users can always modify the mesh to fit their custom body types.

You can't possibly cater to all the different variations of the 2 main body types. Hardly anyone uses the default UNP body these days; as for CBBE, I'm fairly certain most people use bodyslide to customize their body meshes, and even if your assets are created explicitly for bodyslide, clipplings/distortions are still fairly common.

I have not experimented with CBBE before, so I have no idea how this bodyslide tool handles weight maps, but I assume the extrapolated version is never going to be nearly as good as hand painted maps.

In my case I spend much more time creating for Skyrim than actually playing it, therefore I have no personal bias towards a specific body type myself. Instead I want to focus on a body type that appeals to the majority of players who use this mod, (which happened to be UNP and CBBE when it started out). But of course you're right - it will be impossible to cater to everyone.

Is the default UNP really that rarely used? Interesting...

I used the UNPB body for quite a while and then changed to a modified version of the standard UNP body. (UNPBB) (http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/43083//?)

Didn't like to see that many npc's with big breasts. Bigger is not always better. ;)

Apart from the breasts size they seem to be identical.

Although I like the cbbe body too, my vote goes to unp.

edit: Some mods I like (Barbarian Skin, various armors, some jewelry, art of magicka, etc.) are made for unp only, so the choice was rather easy.

Support for unp seems to be better. Though that's just my subjective perception.

While I like both I am voting UNP. I have had better luck with armor/clothing that looks good with belts and such on UNP but the killer for CBBE is the variation on the breasts between different mods. On most of the CBBE BBP armor/clothes I have found the breasts don't fit with the bra what so ever and a number of them clip on the belts.

I switched to UNP variants for the same reason as Veladarius. There's simply not as many mods based on CBBE that are both mashable and don't clip. That, along with UNP bodyslide for nude BBP pretty much trumps CBBE for me. 

Oh, and I do use a lot of UNP armors, with UNP sexy replacers as the base. I just can't get my head around steel armor with chest bounce :)

CBBE's variations do make it a much less appealing choice as base for future items if they're gonna end up causing clipping for a lot of users anyways - even though I notice that there are a lot of people voting for it.

CBBE's variations do make it a much less appealing choice as base for future items if they're gonna end up causing clipping for a lot of users anyways - even though I notice that there are a lot of people voting for it.

I like it a lot as well and I have more armors for it than I do UNP but as I continued to use this mod more and more I found most of them didn't work well with the belts and especially the bra. Most of the CBBE BBP/TBBP armors change the shape of the breasts too much.

Idealy CBBE but only because CBBE has been the most supported body type in Bodyslide but I think what is more important creating various body types for body slide so that people can have more customization and so that in end result it will be less conflicting to make carious bodytypes and armors with the same body type. Also I think personally that Bodyslide needs TBBP pregnant armors featured in it. so that the hentai pregancy mod will go hand in hand with that. It would also make sense to because then it would go hand in hand better with your mod if it can be featured as armor in bodyslide.

another very important Idea is to make sure it will be compatible with HDT physics, that is the new thing and they have breast and butt bounce animations already working. I think they are in the progress of making hair have physics now too.

I vote for the 7base tbbp .. mostly for selfish reasons of course, because I use it. :lol:  But.. honestly? UNP.. since it does seem to apply to quite a few different body shapes. But I think to keep the masses happy, both seems to work as well. 

-C

EDIT: I forgot to mention, after the recent update, I get NO clipping with my 7base TBBP body. And my girl has a BIG BUTT. So .. yea there's that too :)

Though I certainly do see the appeal in switching to supporting only one bodytype, I don't think it's going to be viable, without alienating 50% of the existing userbase. The numbers seem to support this. Hmm.

I doubt it's an even split in the middle, but yeah, I'm aware that such a decision would inevitably affect a good part of existing users if the current poll numbers are at least somewhat representative of the userbase as a whole.

The question is though whether it would be any more viable to continue supporting multiple bodies based on the additional workload it causes and the amount of time I'm able to put into it. Right now I have my doubts since it's becoming an increasingly uneven balance, which is the reason I started this poll - to gauge whether users would prefer more content for a single body or continued support for both at a notably slower rate.

I'll leave it going for a while longer and wait for more opinions before making a decision.

Hey Zadil, are you planning to add some chastity belts for male characters?

There are no plans regarding male devices of any kind at this point. Whether or not that will change depends on whether there is enough demand for it.

Unfortunately, I haven't played lately. When I do, I'll post some screenshots of my animeish goth-makeup redhead wearing your devices... though in 1280 x 720. Excuse my graphics card. ^^

Great, looking forward to dedicating you a spot in the mod description,

I vote for the 7base tbbp .. mostly for selfish reasons of course, because I use it. :lol:  But.. honestly? UNP.. since it does seem to apply to quite a few different body shapes. But I think to keep the masses happy, both seems to work as well. 

-C

EDIT: I forgot to mention, after the recent update, I get NO clipping with my 7base TBBP body. And my girl has a BIG BUTT. So .. yea there's that too :)

Glad to hear that the updated fixed the clipping. I was aware that UNP and 7B shared similarities, but I didn't know they were that similar. That's good to hear and I'd be interested to know if there are more people here using it.

You probably have a contingency bias in your poll, where people who would normally vote for "both" instead select their preferred body type to stave off the possibility that voting "both" splits their vote and incorrectly suggests the rival bodytype is more popular.

Your mod is still awesome, you're still awesome!

Hm, I see no reason to assume that people who would want to vote for both would feel discouraged to do so. Yes, choosing that option would imply that they favor both bodies equally, but that's also the purpose. There's no point for people who have a preferred body type instead to even pick that option to begin with.

But thanks for the kind words.

I have BBP ( Bombshell ) body slade, any future chance to have this mode compatible for this type of body ?

Highly unlikely, unless done by someone else. The idea is to reduce the workload required for new items, not add to it.

Suggestion :

I miss a proper exposed chastity key that is attached to a necklet or even better an anklet

Currently it is only visible who is restricted - but who restricts should be visible as well.

An interesting suggestion. I'll think about it.

Not to seem all brown noisy or anything else, but ultimately work with whatever you prefer, and keeps you motivated to want to create, cause while i have no proof of my this, i can't help but think with time someone else who's able to do more then lurk would wind up converting things as long as they has permission, and assuming converting is possible as i only know how to download and lurk myself

key necklaces, mitts, head harness's and spreader bars, so many interesting ideas that leaves one ooohing and checking for updates every few days and i'd hate to see it slow to a halt from trying to please every one or getting tired from pouting "why isn't it converted to X yet, convert it to X!" so i have to vote do you, not sure i saw that option above.

Any way, amazing work seriously thank you for sharing it and mostly just wanted to ask if you still had plans to do the belts and the like in different materials, steam powered dwemer belts, daedric unlocked with sigil stones?

thanks again