Not actually playing as a member of the beast races per se; actually playing a Dark Elf. Just saying that a method to keep my uh... acquired and under contract... companions who's services I permenantly sell in an entirely legal manner, from crying all night and keeping me awake would be dandy.

I guess actually my Dark Elf's Husband is an argonian, come to think about it.

i like the stile of this poll.
Reminds me of the time, i played my first text adventure.

Ahhh... good old Zork.

But one question: Will the items for the head be compatible for beast races?

Sorry if this question is dumb, but there are alot of items that clip with the face of my Khajiit. Sadly most of zaz items, so only a few look properly when equipped.

Then I'm afraid my honorary statue will have to wait. The chance of adding support for beast races is close to zero and is becoming even less likely with every new item that is added since a lot of the included content would have to be completely reworked, most notably the chastity belts.

Out of curiosity though, I would be interested to know if there are many people here who would prefer to play as a beast character.

i like the stile of this poll.
Reminds me of the time, i played my first text adventure.

Ahhh... good old Zork.

But one question: Will the items for the head be compatible for beast races?

Sorry if this question is dumb, but there are alot of items that clip with the face of my Khajiit. Sadly most of zaz items, so only a few look properly when equipped.

To be honest, beast-race support is pretty low on my list of priorities as well, as it's just something that doesn't interest me. That said, I could probably modify the scripts to use the gags (I remember someone saying that there were a couple that are compatible?) from Zaz's pack dynamically in place of other head-slot items if the wearer's race is detected as being a khajit/etc, as a compromise. They would retain the same mechanical implementation as every other item that we've added, though would obviously use a different mesh / not be the same rendered item.

Ya, thought so. Most 3d artists don't care about beast races, as they are more complicated. So when playing a beast race, face eq clips and tails tend to stick into everything and everyone and lack animation. :(

But ya, the idea for an alternative sound good. The wooden log gag from zaz works like a charm for beast races, inckluding matching facial expression.

Thinking about it, I wonder... how difficult would it be to set it up so that the following happened:

If arousal > 90 and if the target is wearing a plugged belt, target is automatically considered encumbered and the standard walk is replaced with a staggering, stumbling kind of thing.

Thinking about it, I wonder... how difficult would it be to set it up so that the following happened:

If arousal > 90 and if the target is wearing a plugged belt, target is automatically considered encumbered and the standard walk is replaced with a staggering, stumbling kind of thing.

It'd be fairly easy to implement, though I don't intend to do so. The player is likely to spend a significant period of time in the belts, without means of relieving their arousal. That feature would quickly become obnoxious I would think.

Also, that sort of request is best posted over in my Integration thread, as the scope of this thread is Assets (graphical or otherwise), and not mechanics.

Firstly I would automatically vote in the armbinder, but thinking ahead, the nipple clamps have more possibilities (more nice quests, chastity bra hold them locked in and such things), while the armbinder will get boring very quickly (you are stuck and thats it, no gameplay).

Although, i see a big one possibility: the famous Bondage Witch roleplay. There is already a lot of content about it. I will simplify: a sorceress who the more are bound and restrained more powerful.

So the ideia is, the player can not use any attack that is not magic, and obviously, there is no hand animation for doing that.

Ok, now my questions:

How difficult it is to implement this? And, most importantly, how intriguing/interesting this sounds to you all?

Firstly I would automatically vote in the armbinder, but thinking ahead, the nipple clamps have more possibilities (more nice quests, chastity bra hold them locked in and such things), while the armbinder will get boring very quickly (you are stuck and thats it, no gameplay).

Although, i see a big one possibility: the famous Bondage Witch roleplay. There is already a lot of content about it. I will simplify: a sorceress who the more are bound and restrained more powerful.

So the ideia is, the player can not use any attack that is not magic, and obviously, there is no hand animation for doing that.

Ok, now my questions:

How difficult it is to implement this? And, most importantly, how intriguing/interesting this sounds to you all?

Quests and gameplay are not part of this mod's domain (anymore), so here you're purely voting for the actual item. But of course chances are that any additions will find their way into other devious mods at some point, like Min's Integration project.

I've never heard of the Bondage Witch concept that you mentioned though. Is that specific to Skyrim?

Quests and gameplay are not part of this mod's domain (anymore), so here you're purely voting for the actual item. But of course chances are that any additions will find their way into other devious mods at some point, like Min's Integration project.

I've never heard of the Bondage Witch concept that you mentioned though. Is that specific to Skyrim?

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, here's some info on the Bondage Witch - http://grigbertz.com/wiki/Bondage_Witch

If it's the same one I'm thinking of, here's some info on the Bondage Witch - http://grigbertz.com/wiki/Bondage_Witch

Ah, I see. Thanks for the link.

Armbinder, def that one!

Have a nice variety of gags and stuffs already, but arm restraining so far is either cuffs or rope it seems, and armbinders are sexy ^^

Hopefully if it gets made it will blend it really well with the slick armors from turbosnowy and the shiny catsuits, that would be awesome!

And I saw someone mention straight jackets last page, what about this thing?

http://blog.stockroom.com/news-2/the-stockroom-patents-the-bolero-straitjacket/

Armbinder, def that one!

Have a nice variety of gags and stuffs already, but arm restraining so far is either cuffs or rope it seems, and armbinders are sexy ^^

Hopefully if it gets made it will blend it really well with the slick armors from turbosnowy and the shiny catsuits, that would be awesome!

I wonder if a hybrid between the arm binder and the straight jacket could be done. Something similar to the torso of the straight jacket with the sleeves ending in a thumbless mitten. This could have the arms buckled towards the back like a straight jacket or behind the back like an arm binder with straps and buckles in several spots between from the tips of the fingers to the elbows. I think it would probably look good and have minimal differences between the models (probably just the glove portions).

Armbinder, def that one!

I wonder if a hybrid between the arm binder and the straight jacket could be done. Something similar to the torso of the straight jacket with the sleeves ending in a thumbless mitten. This could have the arms buckled towards the back like a straight jacket or behind the back like an arm binder with straps and buckles in several spots between from the tips of the fingers to the elbows. I think it would probably look good and have minimal differences between the models (probably just the glove portions).

The arminder would be based on a pose that Chris has generously provided me with, which is the straight-arms-behind-back position.

Also I'll keep the design fairly traditional at first since that's what most users will expect to see when they think of one, but future variation or straightjackets are not out of the questions if the poses allow for them.

Ok, now my questions:

Any items that Zadil creates, will of course be included in Integration: Likely accessible via the same crafting system as the rest of the items (Though we do have plans for a couple of items that won't be available initially through the crafting system).

Ok, now my questions:

Hmm. Not what I'm interested in developing, though implementation doesn't sound too difficult: If anyone is interested in picking up that idea for a supplemental mod, contact me, and I'll help you learn the API for DD.

@Zadil

After combing through the last few pages of the comments, I feel that the direction where this armbinder is heading will lead to extensive compromises in gameplay.

I understand the appeal of this armbinder, but the allure of *bondage* would die off fairly quickly as boredom kicks in. After all, it's not really fun running around with arms behind you, unable to interact with anything.

Skyrim is, at its core, a game. Yes it's cool to play dress-up from time to time, or to use Skyrim as a character poser to take pretty screenshots. However, I believe that gameplay should be the main focus of this type of mod.

Instead of taking away key gameplay elements, I feel that you should instead focus on enhancing gameplay in ways that remain true to the essence of this mod.

In my opinion, for the past few releases, this, and the integration models, have stayed true to the original concept, while enhancing gameplay in ways that are fun and relatively non-intrusive. Immersion is fun so long as it doesn't cause excessive annoyances - a case best exemplified by the success of mods that maintain a good balance between playability and immersion, such as Frostfall and Realisic Needs and Diseases.

=========================================

Anyways, enough with my ramblings, and here are a few of my suggestions.

Coincidentally, I'm actually working on something very similar to your armbinder concept. However, instead of binding both arms together, mine involves binding both hands in a way that prevents the victims from using their fingers (some WIP shots at the end).

The main concept is to prevent the victim from being able to wield any physical weapons, or use key/lockpicks. However, the victim can still cast spells and use shouts (perhaps even a 20-25% magic/shout intensity boost, while bound).

This, combined with, say, the soulgem plugs that vibrate on magic/shout cast, should lead to some quite interesting gameplay, while not being excessively restrictive.

Oh and here are a few WIP shots (still highly preliminary, and yes, that belt is yours):

ea7Pz8z.jpg

X35Ao3r.jpg

KgcMSU9.jpg

rbWu9rw.jpg

========================================

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take.

@Zadil

After combing through the last few pages of the comments, I feel that the direction where this armbinder is heading will lead to extensive compromises in gameplay.

I understand the appeal of this armbinder, but the allure of *bondage* would die off fairly quickly as boredom kicks in. After all, it's not really fun running around with arms behind you, unable to interact with anything.

Skyrim is, at its core, a game. Yes it's cool to play dress-up from time to time, or to use Skyrim as a character poser to take pretty screenshots. However, I believe that gameplay should be the main focus of this type of mod.

Instead of taking away key gameplay elements, I feel that you should instead focus on enhancing gameplay in ways that remain true to the essence of this mod.

In my opinion, for the past few releases, this, and the integration models, have stayed true to the original concept, while enhancing gameplay in ways that are fun and relatively non-intrusive. Immersion is fun so long as it doesn't cause excessive annoyances - a case best exemplified by the success of mods that maintain a good balance between playability and immersion, such as Frostfall and Realisic Needs and Diseases.

=========================================

Anyways, enough with my ramblings, and here are a few of my suggestions.

Coincidentally, I'm actually working on something very similar to your armbinder concept. However, instead of binding both arms together, mine involves binding both hands in a way that prevents the victims from using their fingers (some WIP shots at the end).

The main concept is to prevent the victim from being able to wield any physical weapons, or use key/lockpicks. However, the victim can still cast spells and use shouts (perhaps even a 20-25% magic/shout intensity boost, while bound).

This, combined with, say, the soulgem plugs that vibrate on magic/shout cast, should lead to some quite interesting gameplay, while not being excessively restrictive.

Oh and here are a few WIP shots (still highly preliminary, and yes, that belt is yours):

ea7Pz8z.jpg

X35Ao3r.jpg

KgcMSU9.jpg

rbWu9rw.jpg

========================================

Good luck with whichever path you decide to take.

Interesting post, Aegis.

Yes, it's true that something like an armbinder would affect player interaction more notably than a chastity belt or collar, but keep in mind that Skyrim's native gameplay was never meant to cater to these kinds of additions in the first place, so that the possibilities for completely unobstrusive fetish items are quite limited by design of the game.

I assume that people who visit this site and chose to install a mod like this are aware of that and even have come to expect some reasonable changes/restrictions in terms of gameplay for the sake of experience (no doubt that to some this is even what makes a mod dealing with bondage and restraints so appealing) though of course these expectations will always vary from user to user, as previous posts - including yours - demonstrate.

As to how exactly an armbinder would restrict the player in interacting with the game world would depend on the integration modlue, but I think it would be safe to assume that certain actions like shouts or conversations would still be possible, resembling your current project in that regard (which by the way looks pretty nice already), except maybe for magic - I'm not quite sure how reliant TES magic is supposed to be on arm/hand/finger movements.

Furthermore, while Min and I value immersion, we also try to accomodate for the different tastes of players (as we deem practical) and the existing MCM options reflect that by making it possible to customize the SM/bondage experience and offer more accessible ways to find release if the player so desires.

In current and upcoming releases no one will find themselves stuck in bondage situations if they didn't put themselves in that position in the first place, and there is usually a way out, although it may not always be very obvious or immediate.

Having said all that, I look forward to when/if you decide to release your new outfit to the public (I'm still looking for a more effective way to make straps and buckles myself) and hope that you'll continue to share your opinion in the future.

@Zadil

I would disagree; I think instead something that fully restricts you would simply quest differently.

For example instead of getting sent into dungeons/ruins/etc, unable to defend yourself, to loot something (As with the first quest in DD, the dwemer ruins) maybe you have to run around town and talk to someone to retrieve whatever the person who put you in the armbinder wants; you would have to rely on your persuasion to get you free instead of just over powering everything.

Or as an enslavement tool; someone puts it on you and you have to pleasure them enough to get out of it. Or even like Sanguine's Debauchery that if health drops you get captured with it; although in that case I think that would be more of a crossover/compatibility thing, maybe with SD2.

I agree that restricting combat in the long term is not good but I would see the armbinder as maybe a short talk/fetch quest rather than something sending you to fight enemies with no way of killing them.

Obviously that also from a quest perspective; if you craft the item and equip it yourself then you know what you're getting in for.

I also think that having more restrictive devices such as the armbinder as part of a quest would be a great idea, I was merely remarking on the impracticality of deploying such devices for extended use.

My main argument against the armbinder actually came from my experience with SD. Being bound/gagged and unable to interact with weapons/spells/inventory/etc was interesting at first, but became monotonous and annoying fairly quickly, since for me, it's just not much fun standing around unable to do anything.

I'm in no way suggesting that the armbinder is a bad idea; judging by the current poll, people seem to really want it, and I look forward to seeing what you and Min decide to do with it.

I also think that having more restrictive devices such as the armbinder as part of a quest would be a great idea, I was merely remarking on the impracticality of deploying such devices for extended use.

My main argument against the armbinder actually came from my experience with SD. Being bound/gagged and unable to interact with weapons/spells/inventory/etc was interesting at first, but became monotonous and annoying fairly quickly, since for me, it's just not much fun standing around unable to do anything.

I'm in no way suggesting that the armbinder is a bad idea; judging by the current poll, people seem to really want it, and I look forward to seeing what you and Min decide to do with it.

Love it 

When Your Done Send me the Suit , I will make Some poses if you like , 

Cheers

Exactly!!! I would not be able to say it better myself. I am very happy to have started this discussion and have seen that there are people who think exactly like me.

@ Zadil: Sorry, I know that here is not the exact place to discuss such future implementations and mechanical. But you are somehow the beginning of everything. And I really really wish that all this results in amazing gameplay experience. It has all the potential to be.

I really Don't Know what the big Deal is  , modelers make stuff for the game and its up to the Scripters/coders to enhance the gameplay , and yes the Modeler and Coder work in Tandem . Sometimes the animator butts in .....

Yes there is Stuff definitely lacking enhancing gameplay wise , to be fair the the only REAL minigame in Skyrim is lock picking game . 

I blame the Game Engine, there is Limited things we can actually do . Other than your Basic Treasure hunts , and escape and use dialogue ,fights , alchemy and so forth  .

Modders do add restrictions , and try to enhance the game play .

Animations are basically just Visuals and Nothing more , Combined with the Code they work well enough as a mod .

Thats where story/writing Kicks in ........

As for the Armbinder , well there is the visual appeal and some modded combined yes . But yes this is a Devious Device .

and you never know , someone might use your stuff to make their own mod here .

Cheers

@Zaz Chris

I'm not quite sure what you mean by poses. I assume Zadil's version will require some special run/walk/sneak/etc animations due to the nature of the armbinder, but mine isn't nearly as restrictive and should work (at least during my tests) with vanilla animations.

For the restraining gloves, I simply rigged the hand mesh so that the fingers can't move independent of the palm, which gets the job done imo.

Some early in game renders - still need to fix portions of the weight map, and the env map for the hood is still pretty weird:

Warning - Fairly large (1440p) images

7hwfiHm.jpg

NoXqfD2.jpg

7aghwDO.jpg

nElhArR.jpg

SrRayWV.jpg

nej6Cso.jpg

Since the custom body I'm using is somewhat based on UNP, if I were to release it the set will be for UNP only. Unlike Zadil, I'm extremely lazy, and don't really want to bother with multiple conversions.

Yep , I recommend you Make your own thread , unless you want merge your creations with DD . I wouldn't recommend it for now , Im sure in time someone will make it CBBE Compatible with your permission . 

Here is  What I suggest , Start your own thread  and Mod , Your Stuff is Awesome too , And Kink is always Welcome at LL , anything mostly is welcome at LL :P.

Yea , I  the animations are just for Visuals , for eg I can make a Straight Jacket pose for your Catsuit , by connecting the mitten rings with something 

Or Reverse Prayer , Who Knows :P

Cheers And Good Luck and Keep up the Awesome Work