What do you play now?

I'm about 95% through Baldur's Gate 3 EA but I'm struggling to find the motivation to get over the finish line. Been like this since before the weekend. ?‍♂️

I'm looking forward more to the release of the dlc for Solasta than I am to the full release of BG 3.

Been itching for something new but not having any luck.

I like a little of everything and used to have some solid preferences for RPGs and strategy games but have lost interest. So I branched out into more "action" oriented games like Guild Wars 2 and just a few days ago I uninstalled Destiny 2 after 18 hours.  I liked the gun play but didn't like how much was free vs how much you had to pay for and reading the reviews for the xpacs made me wonder who'd want to buy that crap. Played through and beat Borderlands 2 and 3 but didn't find it appealing enough to try different characters or builds. Thought about installing Mass Effect again then I realized my games are on disc and this PC doesn't have a drive..... Don't really want to play it anyway.

So back to Rimworld and Stellaris. Gaming is starting to be unfun, I think it's time I go and build models again for a few months and get recharged.

Nothin' sounds like fun to play atm.

• 2 weeks later...

recently found out there was an X/S update for GTA V so after a great deal of confusion, I got it installed and started a new play through of the story mode.  Overall enjoyable but damn are the player controls (3rd person) awful at times.  Trying to get the character to go where you want with any kind of accuracy is really frustrating and often the driving is similarly frustrating because of either understeer or oversteer.  The vehicles seem like they have no weight to them and traction is like driving on wet snow even when it's sunny.

I know it's a 10 year old game and Rockstar has clunky controls but damn....

• 3 weeks later...

I've funneled myself into World of Warcraft: Dragonflight on the past few months. While distrustful at the start, due to many things related to ABK, it became fun as the time passed. The new dragon stuff was really amazing, although the evoker class a bit lackluster.

Got 7 characters at maximum level, did professions, some hardcore dungeon content and had a lot of fun. The best part is that there's no longer the need to keep farming some awkward type of currency/power that the game had since the 2010s.

But now I'm done with WoW, at least for a few weeks. Any online game tends to be overwhelming as the time passes, so taking breaks is always good.

6 hours ago, Decèdere said:

Finally got Skyrim modded to my satisfaction once again, and once again I'm bored already so I'm playing something else now. Currently playing Dredge, and thinking about doing another run of Elden Ring.

?

yeah...skyrim..is..skyrim..

I love Syrim, but never finished it and damn its a pain everytime to make the "tournée" of the new mods etc..it became an annual event lol

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've been playing Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It is such a damn shame it doesn't have the same kind of mod support as Bethesda games because it's the perfect game for that. Absolutely gorgeous and authentic depiction of middle ages and very immersive. Can't even get a nude mod that doesn't have weird clipping because apparently the only way to change body is to make it a clothing item.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077. After a month of building a new character and completing recommended quests, I've started the expansion Phantom Liberty. The new region Dogtown is more demanding than the base game. In some areas the fps will drop by a lot. Other than that, the expansion is good so far.

Sort of on a break from the Sims 4, just tired of my game breaking every time a new update drops. (Idk, I'm just more exhausted trying to keep everything up to date and I don't even end up enjoying the game anymore.) Anyway, I've been having more fun playing older games on the Gamecube and PS2 whenever I can. 

• 2 weeks later...

got Game Pass Ultimate for $1 and started playing Starfield.  It's very conflicting because I get big time "Mass Effect" vibes which makes me happy but Jesus... the maps (or lack of), the UI, the city layouts, inventory management are all fucking brutal.  Combat feels decent, space combat doesn't and I haven't figured out outpost building yet.  There's a lot of shit to learn and the game seems unrefined to me.  It's amazing that anyone would pay full price for a supposed "AAA" game that feels like this.

I think I'll wait until some major patches and DLC have come out before I consider buying it, which is probably gonna mean 2024.

• 3 weeks later...

Got 'Jedi: Survivor' on sale for $35 and I'm enjoying it so far.  I set it on easy difficulty as I just want to enjoy the story and not be frustrated all the time.  It's a really beautiful game but Kal is such a boring protagonist and I don't like the fact that you are constantly murdering innocent animals/creatures which seems very antithetical to the Jedi philosophy.

If they made an open world RPG like Starfield but set in Star Wars where you get to build ships and fly around and explore the galaxy.... I'd be in heaven.