Zaz Animation Pack V7.0 [2017-05-16]

I've found one thing in my game and I just to see on hyd_slavegirls thread people with the same problem, the MCM menu issue who doesn't want appear can come from of this mod, I've also looked if that problem can come from Xaz Prison Overhault, zaz resources or zariaz restraints that I've seen quoted on a other thread, but for me all work correctly with this 3 mods.

So, for me ZAZ MCM menu will not appear with hyd_slavegirls.esp checked, if I uncheck hyd_slavegirls.esp and I start a new game, the ZAZ MCM menu comes.
My sollution is of desactivate my hyd_slavegirls.esp before of created my game and after my start, reactivate my hyd_slavegirls.esp and the MCM menu of ZAZ Animation remains.

;)

I've identified the problem with the missing MCM menu.

The problem is that at startup, Zap will restart all it's quests except the configuration quest, in order to make sure that properties and so on are reset to the CK values. Those are otherwised stored with your save, and can lead to lots of "funny" bugs (as usual, by "funny", I mean "horrible to debug").

There is a quirk in the engine though, and quests can't start when the menu is open. Such as the character creation screen. Scripts will otherwise continue to run, though (I'm sure there are more exceptions, but this is the relevant one).

So it all boils down to a race condition. If Zap manages to initialize itself before LAL or Zaira's mod (the one I could reproduce the problem with), then all is fine and you won't notice the problem. If, on the other hand, Zap is starting up when the menu pops up, then quests won't start up and Zap will fail to initialize.

So to fix this, I just moved the actual setup of Zap to a mod event that's called async from the MCM registration. MCM registers fine, and Zap has plenty of time to run it's start up scripts. (Quests do start up, it's just that they wait until after the menu has closed.)

tl;dr

It's fixed. Will post an update tomorrow or so.

thanks for the hard work xaz! T_T

I've identified the problem with the missing MCM menu.

The problem is that at startup, Zap will restart all it's quests except the configuration quest, in order to make sure that properties and so on are reset to the CK values. Those are otherwised stored with your save, and can lead to lots of "funny" bugs (as usual, by "funny", I mean "horrible to debug").

There is a quirk in the engine though, and quests can't start when the menu is open. Such as the character creation screen. Scripts will otherwise continue to run, though (I'm sure there are more exceptions, but this is the relevant one).

Are you really sure? I have remove the CharGen Menu from startup and ZAZ MCM still not comes up...

Yes, and no. I think the time out that is the central problem (I believe) can happen anyway. Checking the log, though, it's quite obvious where the log initialization stalled consistently.

Removing the startup/shutdown part of Zap did not completely solve it for me using your mod (but made it a bit random).

Making the initialization sequence asynchronous to the MCM setup seems to have eliminated the problem.

Was this the real problem? I have no way of knowing. It solved it on my set up, where the problem was present before.

I was testing some stuffs with ZAP restraints and I noticed yokes and armbinder have their "zbfAnimHands" keywords but normal wrist bindings don't. So it's a little difficult to detect them by keyword. Is that an oversight? ^^

There is a function to return the type of animation equipped on the character ::GetBindTypeFromKeywords which will return the right bind type for the actor. The bind type can in turn be used to get keywords, idles and so on.

I recommend using that function primarily.

That said, my thinking, and you're right, this is an oversight, was that if I specify a keyword on those items you would not be able to through MCM select your desired offset animation (because it would be forced by the zbfAnim keyword).

This is right, but the problem is, why would anyone want to? I can still add a "override wrist binding animations" selector and problem solved.

So it's an oversight, and will be fixed in the coming version. I still recommend you to use the api from zbf though. There's a lot of useful stuff in there, and the functions handle these kind of corner cases (although this one will go away in the next version).

What's worse is that what I did back there also broke ::HasBindType which will not return correct results for wrist bindings due to the missing keyword.

Thanks for catching this!

Awsome! The new animations are really Awsome!

Is there a list with all current animations? 

I reckon the availabe list is quite out of date...

The list is there. Look in your data folder

Data/meshes/actors/character/animations/ZaZAnimationPack/FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt

This is the unfiltered list of animations, but it covers everything. There's a lot of stuff in there so be prepared to read for a while. :)

I was testing some stuffs with ZAP restraints and I noticed yokes and armbinder have their "zbfAnimHands" keywords but normal wrist bindings don't. So it's a little difficult to detect them by keyword. Is that an oversight? ^^

There is a function to return the type of animation equipped on the character ::GetBindTypeFromKeywords which will return the right bind type for the actor. The bind type can in turn be used to get keywords, idles and so on.

That said, my thinking, and you're right, this is an oversight, was that if I specify a keyword on those items you would not be able to through MCM select your desired offset animation (because it would be forced by the zbfAnim keyword).

This is right, but the problem is, why would anyone want to? I can still add a "override wrist binding animations" selector and problem solved.

So it's an oversight, and will be fixed in the coming version. I still recommend you to use the api from zbf though. There's a lot of useful stuff in there, and the functions handle these kind of corner cases (although this one will go away in the next version).

What's worse is that what I did back there also broke ::HasBindType which will not return correct results for wrist bindings due to the missing keyword.

I would use the API but I can't because I'm trying to help Goubo make Defeat's animated scenes more compatible with ZAP and DD without forcing any hard dependencies so I came up with a way to detect worn restraints like this:

Function DefeatPlayAnimation(actor akActor, string AnimType)

If AnimType == "Bleedout"
if akActor.WornHasKeyword(Keyword.GetKeyword("zbfAnimHandsArmbinder"))
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "ZapArmbPose08")
elseif akActor.WornHasKeyword(Keyword.GetKeyword("zbfAnimHandsWrists"))
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "ZapWriPose08")
elseif akActor.WornHasKeyword(Keyword.GetKeyword("zbfAnimHandsYoke"))
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "ZapYokePose08")
else
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "BleedoutStart")
endif
ElseIf AnimType == "Surrender"
It works with yoke and armbinder (and should work with DD armbinder once the current dev build goes public) but I was surprised it wasn't detecting normal cuffs n_n

I would use the API but I can't because I'm trying to help Goubo make Defeat's animated scenes more compatible with ZAP and DD without forcing any hard dependencies so I came up with a way to detect worn restraints like this:

Function DefeatPlayAnimation(actor akActor, string AnimType)

If AnimType == "Bleedout"
if akActor.WornHasKeyword(Keyword.GetKeyword("zbfAnimHandsArmbinder"))
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "ZapArmbPose08")
elseif akActor.WornHasKeyword(Keyword.GetKeyword("zbfAnimHandsWrists"))
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "ZapWriPose08")
elseif akActor.WornHasKeyword(Keyword.GetKeyword("zbfAnimHandsYoke"))
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "ZapYokePose08")
else
Debug.SendAnimationEvent(akActor, "BleedoutStart")
endif
ElseIf AnimType == "Surrender"
It works with yoke and armbinder (and should work with DD armbinder once the current dev build goes public) but I was surprised it wasn't detecting normal cuffs n_n

True. You could work around this by fetching the main quest, and if it fetches correctly, then retrieve an idle to play. In any case, from 5.62+ this should work fine. (Not released yet, but coming today.)

Zaz AP works with all Bodymods...your clipping is a mesh-problem

well yeah, i wouldn't be able to see the clipping if the animations didn't work....hence why i was asking which body the animations were made for.

I use a custom body based on CBBE, and XPMS skeleton. There is clipping in some poses, in particular around the knees when bent.

It seems like the Skyrim set up is fairly limited in what poses it can handle without clipping. Some is unavoidable in practice I think.

Thanks!

Awsome! The new animations are really Awsome!
Is there a list with all current animations? 
I reckon the availabe list is quite out of date...

The list is there. Look in your data folder

Data/meshes/actors/character/animations/ZaZAnimationPack/FNIS_ZaZAnimationPack_List.txt

This is the unfiltered list of animations, but it covers everything. There's a lot of stuff in there so be prepared to read for a while. :)

hi,

download the latest version. no  worry, mod work good. no problem.

just wondering. in your readme.txt, there is this "zbfEffectNoSneak".

try console command, set zbfEffectNoSneak to 1 but command cannot find variable.

Then, in mcm, sneaking set to yes but cannot change anything.

is this for the fnis modder for testing?

no worry. just curious. mod working good.

hi,

try console command, set zbfEffectNoSneak to 1 but command cannot find variable.

That is a keyword that modders can use to block sneaking for an actor in the game. It's not usable from the console.

hi,

That is a keyword that modders can use to block sneaking for an actor in the game. It's not usable from the console.

understand now. thank.

Hey, I was wondering... is there any specific step to follow to update this from v555? I'm using Mod Organizer and not quite sure how I would go about upgrading this D: Just install and see if the thing comes up anything saying "replace" or? Any clues?

Hey, I was wondering... is there any specific step to follow to update this from v555? I'm using Mod Organizer and not quite sure how I would go about upgrading this D: Just install and see if the thing comes up anything saying "replace" or? Any clues?

Mona:

I find the following sequence works best with Mod Organizer

make a save with existing mod

In left hand side, uncheck mod to be upgraded

"Refresh" Listings

check right-hand panel for red symbols in Plugins tab, make a list of those mods (dependent mods)

uncheck those mods in right-hand panel

Refresh Listings again

Run Wrye Bash for Bashed patch, FNIS, Any ReProccer apps, cleaning overwrite as required

Run game, last save - make new save, exit

Run SaveCleaner on newest Save, save with backup

enable mod to be upgraded, and list of "dependent" mods

Run LOOT, Wrye Bash for bashed patch, FNIS, ReProccer apps, cleaning overwrite as required

Run TES5Edit to check for missed dependencies and load order issues

Run game, loading cleaned save, wait til all finish loading.

Run through MCM to reconfigure as required

Hope that helps.

@ZazChris - Could you please re-upload all of the screenshots which are no-longer available (out of bandwidth on Photobucket)?

I will Soon'ish , Need a new place to link , images I was thinking to link my images to Deviant art , but if someone has a better suggestion for easy free image uploads let me know cheers