Oh wow, used to watch a bunch of anime a few years ago. I've been wanting to get back into it again but I'm having trouble finding anything that motivates me to keep watching.

No hate or anything, I know a lot of people like these, but those stereotypical, over the top type of shows that are common in anime are what currently puts me of. I would like to find something that really sucks you in and gives you a reason to care about the show and its characters.

It really irritates me when people who don't watch anime use the word "Weeb" as an insult, without knowing it's definition. It shows extreme ignorance.

Buzzwords don't make you cool.

These people use the word for people who even JUST watch anime.

And Youtubers are NOT helping, such as Robbaz, and Kyr Speedy/speedyw3.

They're only perpetuating the word to be used incorrectly.

Oh wow, used to watch a bunch of anime a few years ago. I've been wanting to get back into it again but I'm having trouble finding anything that motivates me to keep watching.

No hate or anything, I know a lot of people like these, but those stereotypical, over the top type of shows that are common in anime are what currently puts me of. I would like to find something that really sucks you in and gives you a reason to care about the show and its characters.

Made in Abyss starts off a fun cute adventure after episode 10 it will fuck you up.

Bahamut Virgin Soul is a pretty decent fantasy show. Full of action.

Made in Abyss starts off a fun cute adventure after episode 10 it will fuck you up.

Bahamut Virgin Soul is a pretty decent fantasy show. Full of action.

That's all the more reason to watch Made in Abyss. The series has great pacing, too.

It does? It felt like it was progressing a little fast for me. I'm still gonna watch it. Perhaps I just expected a little more struggling from a show about a Lovecraftian death hole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this seasons watch list: Boku no Hero Academia s2, Knights and Magic, Made in Abyss, Fate Apocrypha, Isekai Shokudou, Kakegurui, Re-Creators, Shokoku no Altair and uncensored versions of SIN: Nanatsu no Taizai (The ecchi 7 sins one...not the shounen jump one with Meliodas and co.)

most of them are about to end soon...most surprising was Made in Abyss...if you thought it was a kid's show, hehehe...hold on to your butts...

It does? It felt like it was progressing a little fast for me. I'm still gonna watch it. Perhaps I just expected a little more struggling from a show about a Lovecraftian death hole. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
To each his own. But thankfully, MiA isn't some run-of-the-mill shounen anime with unnecessary filler episodes.

Can't disagree with that.

Episode 13 of Made in Abyss has now been the first anime show to make me, a grown man, cry.

I have not cried this hard for anything in probably half a decade.

What is damn amazing is you could watch this without having any knowledge of the rest of the show and still cry like a little bitch.

Best episode of any show ever 10/10

And the music. My god.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there even bad seasons anymore? it's not like there will always be a breathtaking masterpiece to see but out of 20 or so full shows there's always a handful worth watching.

Follow up to Shokugeki no Souma's if you enjoyed previous season, Mahoutsukai no Yome which has been getting praise the manga was good, melodramatic Dies Irae maybe, follow up to Negima meh, Shoujo Shuumatsu seems the most interesting for now I like picking out details of the world in the mellow slice-of-life like post apocalyptic environment of the show and Kujira no Kora seems similar in that regard.

I just got done rewatching Monster after 10 years since I had first seen it! Still one of the best anime I've ever seen. Unfortunately anime like that seem to be in short order. I've tried looking for other Seinen anime but I haven't found anything that really interests me yet. I'm kind of over the whole "school days" themed anime and that seems to permeate the scene anymore. :/

This "Made in Abyss" you're all talking about sounds interesting, I think I may check it out. :)

Aside from re-adaptions like Kino's Journey and sequels like Food Wars and The Ancient Magus' Bride is there any other anime worth watching these season?

There's Kekkai Sensen's second season as well as Garo: Vanishing Line

This anime culture is quite interesting. Out of the few series I have watched there are still things I am still grasping. I noticed a trend of "chest shots" that scroll up to the characters face are quite common the facial reactions are always a hoot especially exaggerated ones and the other day I found out what "fan service" means... (â—”_â—”) Also discovered "shipping" term. I think I am one of the few people who does not mind filler episodes but I am new to this culture so that may change down the road. :P