• 1 month later...

Battle Angel Alita has a live action movie now????? ?

She looks like a westernised parody and I find it almost insulting to the genre,

I'll probably watch it anyway but I'm scared for what comes next, I've been waiting for Akira and I hope it doesn't get cheesed out like this looks ?

Just now, Alkpaz said:

I remember watching that series back in the late 90s. Amazing it is still around. 

I only saw one and it was such a great story, it was bundled with Appleseed ? 

It was totally one that gave me a taste for cyber and automaton style stuff, I wish the anime would have got a reboot and not a clumsy translation 

After watching it, I am convinced that Yoshiyuki Tomino is either the Japanese Max Bialystock or Roger De Bris and that Mobile Suit Victory Gundam was an anime adaptation of Springtime for Hitler. 

Never have I enjoyed something meant to intentionally tank a franchise more than nearly any other legitimate installment of that franchise yet it happened here.

Perhaps it should serve as testament to he and his crew's skills that they maintained a sense of professionalism even when trying to ruin everything in secret.

• 3 weeks later...

Akira is about what 12 volumes crammed into 1 hr? Alita: Battle Angel , the original was a 90's epic and now is PG rated Hollywood garbage

Anyway watched RE Zero and enjoyed it...think Groundhog day

Still waiting for the next Neon Genesis Evangelion hope it makes more sense than 3.3 because i didn't get that at all,Tokyo Ghoul Re not bad still prefer the original

30 minutes ago, sikkboy said:

Akira is about what 12 volumes crammed into 1 hr? Alita: Battle Angel , the original was a 90's epic and now is PG rated Hollywood garbage

Anyway watched RE Zero and enjoyed it...think Groundhog day

Still waiting for the next Neon Genesis Evangelion hope it makes more sense than 3.3 because i didn't get that at all,Tokyo Ghoul Re not bad still prefer the original

There is greater chance of successful Human Instrumentality than there is of Evangelion ever making any real sense.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished watching Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei and Overlord all the seasons. I like Shiba Tatsuya and Ainz Ooal Gown, 2 over powered main characters. I've always been a fan of anime where you have the main Protagonist be super op from the start. I also like the anime where the main character gets a harem of girls. I also prefer the ones where the guy who has a harem full of girls isn't afraid to do things with them be it from being intimate to just hanging out with them

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2019 at 4:58 AM, Doctor Cadaver said:

Bye bye, Slime.  And it ends with a recap.  Oh well.

EDIT: I heard that a second season is coming next year.  Well, that brings some hope.

bit disappointing that was,I really hate filler episodes,but the series itself is eclipsed by  Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari which I'm finding very enjoyable anti hero etc

currently going through my Blue ray's of old Robotech,Invid Robotech Masters etc ahh what great days....Zentradi voice is still as epic as it was back in the 80's,shivers up the spine etc

Urotsukidōji: Legend of the Overfiend and Wicked City cost me a girlfriend, fair trade,another anime I'm trying to track down unknown year girl raped murdered bought back to life....not Battle Angel damned if I can find it or even remember the title

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2013 at 2:37 AM, Call me Mark said:

Anybody watches anime around here?

Just spent the whole week watching a bunch of titles HAHA.

Lets see the ones I've watched so far:
Hyouka, Zetsuen no Tempest, Another, Mirrai Nikki, Dead Man Wonderland, Blood C, Sekirei, IS, Code geass, Gundam 00, Death Note hmmm, yeah I think that about all of them.

Any other good titles to watch?

Attack on titan,

Full metal alchemist,

death note,

probably some title you would enjoy,

try netflix or crunchyroll better than a forum for this maybe ?

Just now, Doctor Cadaver said:

The OP hasn't visited LoversLab in almost 4 years, just to let you know.

Netflix and Crunchyroll are okay if someone is looking for mainstream anime.  Something more niche or obscure, not so much.

Didn't checked the date thanks 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

*sigh* Bit of a disappointment here.  The art and animation is no where near as good as season 1.  If only Madhouse along with a collaboration of other animators were at the helm once again instead of JC STAFF...

I'm gonna watch season 1 again.

Madhouse was working at a loss when making season 1. That would be unsustainable for a full series.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

I've seen Beatless.  But I'm sorry to say that it's not one of my favorites.

I expected some of that, 

Reviews were not great, but it kept me guessing and wanting to see where it went, was nice to get a happy ending as opposed to ultimate tragedy or being told to pick up the manga from where it left off lol, 

Needed a pallette refresh after seeing 'She, The Ultimate Weapon' ?

Currently rewatching Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. It's one of the best I've seen, certainly one of my favourite in the horror genre. Another one that caught my attention is Aggressive Retsuko on Netflix. It's really nice though I admit a lot of the stuff happening can hit close to home for me.

On 7/2/2019 at 11:49 PM, Doctor Cadaver said:

Currently watching Mobile Suit Gundam The Origin, amongst other things.  When it comes to mecha anime, no one does it like Sunrise.

Thus far, no one has done a prequel series as well as Sunrise, either.

On 6/28/2019 at 3:58 PM, XpertWolf said:

You guys should really watch Kimetsu no Yaiba its REALLY good, i mean AoT level good

Screaming every line at the absolute top of your lungs and invincible plot armor is not exactly a ringing endorsement.