25 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

That's the hyena I was talking about, I've seen a clip of her scene (but that's all I've seen from the series outside of memes). And yes, I'm fine with that but AFAIK she's the only one in the entire series that is an actual anthro or otherwise truly non-human instead of just a monstergirl.

As I said, if I wanted monstergirls I'd check out the other anime about them instead (which AFAIK runs for longer or something? There seems to be a row about this one being cancelled after a single season or something like that).

That's a monstergirl, though. This is exactly the thing I said I didn't like about this trend in manga/anime/hentai. You want humans, fine, go for them. You like your girls doing the "kitty" RP thing and wearing a cat ears headband, suit yourself. But you can't just put a normal human in a Felicia costume knockoff and pretend it's "exotic" and "non-human". Or at least IMO.

Seeing how the only example that has come up was the one I already knew of and mentioned (the hyena), guess that means I should pass on this. I'll go watch Beastars again and hope the second season doesn't take too long to be done or I can get my hands on the manga before the hype wrecks me, lol :classic_wacko:.

Thanks for the info anyway.

Funimation dropped it after 3 episodes on moral grounds. As for the beast girls, they are a lot rarer than the kemonomimi types so one should not go into it expecting Doctor Comet's Kemono Island. It is all well and good to skip it if the other aspects of the show are not enough to tickle your fancy.

I've recentely watched Dororo (the new evrsion of 2019), and I felt in love with Hyakkimaru. Love the character, his story...

SPOILER ALLERT

Spoiler

Love how he learn to speak, to interact to people, to know his own body, like a baby. cause he never felt nothing. Like when he returns to feel, and he spends hours under the rain.

And he's so adorable! xD

• 2 weeks later...

i watch Plunderer, Hachi-nan tte, Sore wa Nai deshou!, Shironeko Project, Shokugeki no Souma Gou no Sara, The Millionaire Detective Balance Unlimited and other stuff.

watch a lot of anime's. hope this corona thing is over soon.

So pls stay safe and watch Anime or Hentai or something else what you like!

• 2 months later...

Upon learning of the existence of shows like Brand New Animal gradually popping up under the radar (if these shows bankrolled by NetFlix can truly be said to fly under the radar), I may finally have an idea of one of the reasons why there seems to be slight uptick of heterosexual Rule 34 beast person/Furry art work over the last few years.

If this keeps up, things in the Furry Fandom will almost look positively mainstream before long(and not just because of identity politics seeping into everything the way that it suffused that fandom first).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/18/2020 at 1:38 AM, FauxFurry said:

Upon learning of the existence of shows like Brand New Animal gradually popping up under the radar (if these shows bankrolled by NetFlix can truly be said to fly under the radar), I may finally have an idea of one of the reasons why there seems to be slight uptick of heterosexual Rule 34 beast person/Furry art work over the last few years.

If this keeps up, things in the Furry Fandom will almost look positively mainstream before long(and not just because of identity politics seeping into everything the way that it suffused that fandom first).

Eh. With an overpowered protagonist and meh story you'd think I would avoid this series but there is something about the main character kept me through the series.

__kagemori_michiru_and_hiwatashi_nazuna_

I just discovered Monster Girl Doctor on youtube and its on its 3rd episode right now and i'm enjoying especially since i'm a fan of monster musume and I've been watching Doctor Stone.

Waiting for Date A Live Season 4 that has been announced 

Waiting for mahouka koukou no rettousei season 2 has been announced along with the official trailer for season 2.

Rising of the Shield Hero, season 2 and 3 has been confirmed

Bleach is getting a new season on the Thousand-Year Blood War Story with the Quincy, the official trailer for the new season has been released

I've been enjoying Plunderer as well

12 minutes ago, Doctor Cadaver said:

Bleach!?  I thought that series was done years ago.

I thought so too but its getting a new series dealing with the Quincy, the 17th season will come out in 2021. Their is a lot of articles that talk about Bleach returning for its final season and a lot of youtubers that are covering this. 

Spoiler

@Doctor Cadaver same here I feel old to, just wow 20 years later

surprised after all of this time that the author is willing to continue, wait is he involved with this? I don't know.

I'm just surprised that after 20 years I see articles saying Bleach is coming back and an official trailer for season 17 for 2021.

I see manga/anime youtubers big and small talking about this.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Does Spongebob count?

What? You thought I was joking? Look it up.

Edit: Oh sorry. Suponjibobu

Any and every form of animation is called Anime in Japan regardless of its place of origin. Yes, that means that the title of this thread could just be Cartoons as far as they are concerned.

After watching a bit of the Dragon's Dogma adaptation, I am left a bit confused.

Why did Netflix bother picking up a series with a redheaded light skinned protagonists when they are just going to have to turn around and turn him black, anyway? The game allowed one to make dark skinned characters and most of the characters in the game are some shade of brown so it would not be out of the ordinary to start him off black to begin with.

Do they actively enjoy the process of Gingerasure so much that they continually need fresh targets to undergo mega melanin metamorphosis?

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have good suggestions for a more adult related anime? Where the sex is an organic side detail in the story plot, and not the main attraction to the story. The only one that I've really come across like this so far is Crying Freeman, an action/drama anime made in 1988. It had nudity and sex interwoven as details of a story of assassination, love, betrayal, obsession, envy, and even a little bit of old school supernatural events. Could there be any more out there like this?

53 minutes ago, dgbl18 said:

Check out Fencer of Minerva, has a large emphasis on sex, but not straight storyless hentai.

Oh shit, that's the anime spiritual successor to the Gor fantasy/sci-fi pulp series! I totally forgot about that. Thanks man!

41 minutes ago, Captain Cobra said:

Bible Black :^)

Yeah... seen them all. Story could have used a bit more work, IMO.

Er. Berserk is good. At least the manga is anyway. I heard the first anime adaptation was alright but the rest were bland.

I only really read the first 700 pages and thought it was good. Does it have sex? It certainly doesn't shy away from it as sex was on the very first page. It isn't the whole point of Berserk but I would still suggest it as an overall good manga.

Golgo-13, not that the sex is shot in a way as to make it particularly stimulating to those so inclined. It is clear from Duke's expression (or lack thereof) that it is a compulsion for him but not something that he enjoys very much. That series is about the world's foremost assassin, not the world's foremost ass man, after all.

Rin: Daughters of Mnemnosyne would also be recommended as it is just something that the immortal protagonist indulges in but it does not occupy much time in the plot at length. 

2 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Er. Berserk is good. At least the manga is anyway. I heard the first anime adaptation was alright but the rest were bland.

I only really read the first 700 pages and thought it was good. Does it have sex? It certainly doesn't shy away from it as sex was on the very first page. It isn't the whole point of Berserk but I would still suggest it as an overall good manga.

Agreed. The manga was better.

1 hour ago, FauxFurry said:

Golgo-13, not that the sex is shot in a way as to make it particularly stimulating to those so inclined. It is clear from Duke's expression (or lack thereof) that it is a compulsion for him but not something that he enjoys very much. That series is about the world's foremost assassin, not the world's foremost ass man, after all.

Rin: Daughters of Mnemnosyne would also be recommended as it is just something that the immortal protagonist indulges in but it does not occupy much time in the plot at length. 

Golgo 13 looks interesting. Looks to be in the same theme and animation era as Crying Freeman. I'll have to give it a go.

• 4 months later...

Despite my knowing that it would not be saddled with the cultural baggage that comes with stories on the topic from the United States of America, I have still found myself pleasantly surprised that the Beastars series seems to be written by those who approach the concept with some degree of thoughtfulness rather than limiting it all by making it into yet another tiresome analogy for some modern cultural issue or another.

It is genuine Speculative Fiction but for Convergent Evolution or the long term after effects of wide scale genetic engineering rather than, say, robotics (the issue which many Japanese writers treat in a similar fashion to Americans' handling of works inspired by Beast Fables, amusingly enough, which is to say as the subject of humor or childrens' fare).

The primary author as well as those doing the adaptation perhaps already knew just how unsuitable such subject matter is for simple allegory about things such as race relations or international relations so no attempt is made to restrict it to directly applicable situations. For example, human 'races' are merely their equivalent of breeds so Hybrid Vigor is not a factor during any 'mixing' yet it can be explored where analogues are not considered. For that matter, an herbivore stripper being more popular than her carnivore counterparts because the customers see her as a literal piece of meat also has no clean human-to-human analogue (if surface level details were bought into play, then it would be something along the lines of black jaguar people  versus snowy mountain cat people). 

The CGI is not even too bad (partly due to it being cel-shaded) though I still would prefer the hand drawn art seen in limited spurts in flashbacks and the like. It is not quite as jarring as the jump from cel-animation to CGI in the Ghost in the Shell franchise (also on Netflix). Then again...

If it keeps on the trajectory that it is, it might end up a new classic (even if the CGI eventually comes to look horribly dated).

46 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

Despite my knowing that it would not be saddled with the cultural baggage that comes with stories on the topic from the United States of America, I have still found myself pleasantly surprised that the Beastars series seems to be written by those who approach the concept with some degree of thoughtfulness rather than limiting it all by making it into yet another tiresome analogy for some modern cultural issue or another.

It is genuine Speculative Fiction but for Convergent Evolution or the long term after effects of wide scale genetic engineering rather than, say, robotics (the issue which many Japanese writers treat in a similar fashion to Americans' handling of works inspired by Beast Fables, amusingly enough, which is to say as the subject of humor or childrens' fare).

The primary author as well as those doing the adaptation perhaps already knew just how unsuitable such subject matter is for simple allegory about things such as race relations or international relations so no attempt is made to restrict it to directly applicable situations. For example, human 'races' are merely their equivalent of breeds so Hybrid Vigor is not a factor during any 'mixing' yet it can be explored where analogues are not considered. For that matter, an herbivore stripper being more popular than her carnivore counterparts because the customers see her as a literal piece of meat also has no clean human-to-human analogue (if surface level details were bought into play, then it would be something along the lines of black jaguar people  versus snowy mountain cat people). 

The CGI is not even too bad (partly due to it being cel-shaded) though I still would prefer the hand drawn art seen in limited spurts in flashbacks and the like. It is not quite as jarring as the jump from cel-animation to CGI in the Ghost in the Shell franchise (also on Netflix). Then again...

If it keeps on the trajectory that it is, it might end up a new classic (even if the CGI eventually comes to look horribly dated).

Computer generated content already is used in several popular anime not counting the recent Attack on Titan adaptation though I have heard from the manga fans that it still has better art than the manga. I'm more talking about something like certain scenes in the fate franchise. Anyway good CGI is really only good when you don't notice it. Given how much I love Land of the Lustrous I may end up watching Beaststars. Who knows. One day we may not be able to tell the difference at all but until then this looks pretty good for CGI.