Re: Zero is over.  One less good anime to watch... :(

One less? What else do you watch atm?

Just tried Grimgar of fantasy and ash. Not my cup of tea. No clue what to watch now.

Well, it's not for everyone.  The pacing of Grimgar can put a lot of people off.  Not me, though.  I've also been watching a few other series' this season, but they may not be for you either.

• Kuromukoro - Mecha series
  • Sousei no Onmyouji - Shounen anime about an exorcist couple fighting monsters
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Shounen series that has fighters with superpowers.
  • 91 Days - Mobsters sellling booze in the Prohibition era.

And Alderamin, of course.  That's all I've been watching, so far.

Well pacing isn't really an issue for me but it becomes one when there is only 1 season and nothing more is planned.

The characters are far to weak and unlikable (except the priest and rouge) for my taste. Sure they will grow and probably become really strong and cool characters later on but when it's just 12 episodes it will most likely just stop once it gets interesting for me.

Id consider it if it was around 50 episodes.

91 days look cool and ofc I am already watching Jojo :)

So I've been on a big ol' Touhou manga kick for the past few days...

Eastern and Little Nature Deity, Strange and Bright Nature Deity, Oriental Sacred Place, Visionary Fairies in Shrine

All of which feature the Three Fairies of Light and the last one forcing Clownpiece in for... some reason.

Silent Sinner in Blue

Yukari being Yukari with the plots, magical rocket house powered by gods,

Memorizable Gensokyo

I read Perfect Memento in Strict Sense about a year ago, but I had no idea there was a sorta prequel manga to it released just before.

Currently I'm reading through Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, which is a pretty... meh... 4koma compilation (and it pretty much set in stone the fandom having Reisen being abused by Eirin for petty reasons in fan works after the fact, which irritates the fuck out of me), but it's part of a loosely connected story line with Silent Sinner in Blue and my next read, the novel Cage in Lunatic Runagate, so I can't really skip it. After the novel, I'll move on to Wild and Horned Hermit and Forbidden Scrollery.

Why yes, I am a dork and a Touhoutard.

Re: Zero is over.  One less good anime to watch... :(

One less? What else do you watch atm?

Just tried Grimgar of fantasy and ash. Not my cup of tea. No clue what to watch now.

Well, it's not for everyone.  The pacing of Grimgar can put a lot of people off.  Not me, though.  I've also been watching a few other series' this season, but they may not be for you either.

• Kuromukoro - Mecha series
  • Sousei no Onmyouji - Shounen anime about an exorcist couple fighting monsters
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable - Shounen series that has fighters with superpowers.
  • 91 Days - Mobsters sellling booze in the Prohibition era.

And Alderamin, of course.  That's all I've been watching, so far.

Well pacing isn't really an issue for me but it becomes one when there is only 1 season and nothing more is planned.

The characters are far to weak and unlikable (except the priest and rouge) for my taste. Sure they will grow and probably become really strong and cool characters later on but when it's just 12 episodes it will most likely just stop once it gets interesting for me.

Id consider it if it was around 50 episodes.

91 days look cool and ofc I am already watching Jojo :)

JoJo is deliciously corny and over the top =P

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of the newer Jojo.  Bizarre Adventures was seriously my fav of them so far.

Currently finishing Berserk (despite how much people whine about the cg), Mob Psycho 100 (which is like One Punch man in reverse lol), D-grayman (this season has me lost, probably because of a huge gap between the previous series...need to read the manga..), Super DBZ (seriously bout time we got some darker stuff in dbz), Taboo Tattoo (had alot of potential from like EP 5, but kinda went in all random directions), if you want straight up quality crack anime watch Tales of Zestiria the X, I was dyin for the next season of Seven Deadly Sins...but its meh so far.

If you want something of Studio Gibli quality check out "THE ANCIENT MAGUS' BRIDE", its seriously insane (but I think its only 4 OVA's).  If you want manga, I've been actually reading quite a bit of korean manga.  Tower of God, the Gamer, and Magician (KIM Sarae).  If you want to read an insane cyberpunk like manga, that's not very well known check out Dorohedoro.  It really reminds me of the good ole Masamune Shirow cyperpunk days, like Ghost/Appleseed style.  I warn you though its very violent, has plenty of nudity, and the plot might make your head explode lol.

Like look at its awesome style:

Dorohedoro-cast.jpg

Eh, I'm not much of a fan of the newer Jojo.  Bizarre Adventures was seriously my fav of them so far.

Currently finishing Berserk (despite how much people whine about the cg), Mob Psycho 100 (which is like One Punch man in reverse lol), D-grayman (this season has me lost, probably because of a huge gap between the previous series...need to read the manga..), Super DBZ (seriously bout time we got some darker stuff in dbz), Taboo Tattoo (had alot of potential from like EP 5, but kinda went in all random directions), if you want straight up quality crack anime watch Tales of Zestiria the X, I was dyin for the next season of Seven Deadly Sins...but its meh so far.

If you want something of Studio Gibli quality check out "THE ANCIENT MAGUS' BRIDE", its seriously insane (but I think its only 4 OVA's).  If you want manga, I've been actually reading quite a bit of korean manga.  Tower of God, the Gamer, and Magician (KIM Sarae).  If you want to read an insane cyberpunk like manga, that's not very well known check out Dorohedoro.  It really reminds me of the good ole Masamune Shirow cyperpunk days, like Ghost/Appleseed style.  I warn you though its very violent, has plenty of nudity, and the plot might make your head explode lol.

Like look at its awesome style:

Dorohedoro-cast.jpg

Sadly I'm only able to find the first OVA (Those Awaiting a Star) but will give it a go, arrigatou.

Caught up to the last airing of Dragon Ball Super. It's basically all about piling shit on Future Trunks to make him depressed and just showcase how useless he is.

Also reading the Touhou manga Wild and Horned Hermit;

post-23097-0-13554700-1475290655_thumb.png

Gonna get Reimu'd

post-23097-0-40534000-1475290783_thumb.jpg

Bust a move.

post-23097-0-99982900-1475290676_thumb.jpg

Puttin' that 2p miko in her place.

It's... weird...

Okay, Thunderbolt Fantasy went out with a bang! Sho literally stomps the living daylight out of this Demon God. Then, there's the announcement of a sequel in the works... Yeah!

Sho is IMBA, nerf pleaseeee..

that 36 sword collection though, didn't see that one coming.

Okay, Thunderbolt Fantasy went out with a bang! Sho literally stomps the living daylight out of this Demon God. Then, there's the announcement of a sequel in the works... Yeah!

Sho is IMBA, nerf pleaseeee..

that 36 sword collection though, didn't see that one coming.

Nobody saw that coming. We would usually presume that he did something bad or too extravagant to get away from his own country, not what we were shown. He made the "ultimate sword" looks like a toothpick after what he did. Damn, I would have loved to see Betsu's face if he knew about this. Oh, wait... they're dolls and they don't show much emotionally...

Well, Sho did mention that some people are on his trails back home. Maybe those are the idiots that would appear next.

Nobody saw that coming. We would usually presume that he did something bad or too extravagant to get away from his own country, not what we were shown. He made the "ultimate sword" looks like a toothpick after what he did. Damn, I would have loved to see Betsu's face if he knew about this. Oh, wait... they're dolls and they don't show much emotionally...

Well, Sho did mention that some people are on his trails back home. Maybe those are the idiots that would appear next.

It seems the only recurring character is Sho, Rin and Kei Gai.

too bad for dan fei... need another sweetener for the next season..

btw, it's too many badasses in thunderbolt fantasy.

Shang had exhibited insight into both demons and, most notably, legendary swords before. He questioned whether or not the sword was the real deal, that there were numerous fakes and posers out there. Granted, that was such a small thing that nobody at the time would have taken it to mean much. I noticed and asked myself if he might know more than he let on at the time, but I quickly dismissed it as Shang simply being objective.

With how nonchalant he was about curbstomping a demon god, one wonders if he hasn't had to do something similar before. Obviously more than one sword was designed to seal demons away somehow, it's not unreasonable to think others served the same purpose.

Well I'm pretty behind the times these days. My boyfriend and I just watched the second FullMetal Alchemist anime (Brotherhood) a few months ago. Couldn't put it down! It was so good! Though I admit, the finale was a bit disappointing and could see it miles away. I kinda liked some of the story that had been written differently in the first anime compared to the second (even if the second is closer to the manga). But anyway, great animes just the same. :)

Haven't watched much else since then.

so this season is complete trash.

Except drifters obviously.

Anything else is either: cute/moe, Gay/girl service (like 4 of them), and your generic "tries to be edgy but sucks anyway" shows.

Well. I guess its time to go back and catch up with something I missed then.

• 2 weeks later...