Gate is pretty good (if you read the Manga and ignore the writer's fetish with japans glorious, "bestest!" yet humanitarian military force in the modern world propaganda.)

It had potential but just too naive and unrealistic if I can even say unrealistic about anime lol :P

It's been a while since I saw but the first loli girl they meet. the one with the big weapon and they just let her wander freely around their base not disarming her or anything and it started to seem more like a slice of life series at that point. So stopped watching.

my current watch list:

Berserk2k16 (I don't care what people say about it I've waited almost 20 years for this to be animated)

Re;Zero kara hajimeru (death death death Rem death death death)

Kuromokuro (like Inuyasha but with giant alien robots)

91 Days ( kinda proper anime about mobsters during the depression era)

Arslan Senki Season 2 (because it is epic to see Edward Elric shout YASASHUIIN!!! and see cg armies clash)

Masou Gakuen HxH (because plot)

my current watch list:

Berserk2k16 (I don't care what people say about it I've waited almost 20 years for this to be animated)

Arslan Senki Season 2 (because it is epic to see Edward Elric shout YASASHUIIN!!! and see cg armies clash)

Well the story is still Berserk, the director cannot mess that up. So I fully understand people still watch it.

I guess... eventually I will be able to get past the horrid generic music, the bad cgi, the bad directing, the "gutts is so cool director tries to rub in your face every chance he gets" and the obnoxious child voice of the elf that only fits into anime for 4 year olds.

The other once I didn't watch yet, will try them :)

my current watch list:

Well the story is still Berserk, the director cannot mess that up. So I fully understand people still watch it.

I guess... eventually I will be able to get past the horrid generic music, the bad cgi, the bad directing, the "gutts is so cool director tries to rub in your face every chance he gets" and the obnoxious child voice of the elf that only fits into anime for 4 year olds.

The other once I didn't watch yet, will try them :)

As someone who have read the Berserk manga from way back when I still don't have my pubes, I can say for certain that the 2k16 version of Berserk is sorely lacking...with the storyline from the golden age arc to lost children arc missing even though they showed the carriage scene with the priest and his daughter...time constraints maybe or just the content from the manga is just too hardcore for the anime adaptation I don't know...but that said, I am still watching it thinking to myself that this is a BRAND NEW edition or just a spin-off series of berserk nothing more nothing else...the 90's animation would be better IMO but is just an OVA and touches up on one story aspect of Gutt's lore...so yeah...I just drink a lot to numb the pain of seeing crappy CG mixed with 2d animation...^^

This should have been a hentai instead of another ecchi-harem.  And I dropped this after the first episode.

it should but it isn't...as long as genitals aren't showed it's still in the relatively safe spot of being "ecchi"...each to its own though...it has been my custom to watch at least one ecchi anime, one mecha one, one slice-of-life type, one realistic type, and one shounen type of anime each season and I know that ecchi anime tends to be shallow...Like I said, I just watch it for the "plot" and the artwork^^

So Bleach ended. Poorly. Shippers are on mass suicide watch because their OTPs didn't become super ultra truth canon and is instead just head canon delusions of people who are mentally 13 years old when it comes to this shit while they hide on their forums talking about how totally true it is anyway because the author doesn't know what they're talking about. Oh, and also Weekly Shonen Jump is totally to blame for everything, including the ships. 'Cause they rushed poor Kubo into making a series that started going down hill about five years ago and only "just now" was its impact felt because he wasn't able to use proper pacing.

KUBO WUZ A KANG HE DINDU NUFFIN!

So Bleach ended. Poorly. Shippers are on mass suicide watch because their OTPs didn't become super ultra truth canon and is instead just head canon delusions of people who are mentally 13 years old when it comes to this shit while they hide on their forums talking about how totally true it is anyway because the author doesn't know what they're talking about. Oh, and also Weekly Shonen Jump is totally to blame for everything, including the ships. 'Cause they rushed poor Kubo into making a series that started going down hill about five years ago and only "just now" was its impact felt because he wasn't able to use proper pacing.

KUBO WUZ A KANG HE DINDU NUFFIN!

shame about that...started watching bleach many years ago and dropped it after the aizen arc when things just went naruto-ish with the damn fillers...and last I read from the manga was the sternritter arc...

I might catch up on it again to see how it went out with a whimper...

Just completed to watch Knights of Sidonia.

It is really well done. Never read the manga, and the Anime is done really well. Two seasons one more to come soon.

just started watching kara no kyoukai now...so pissed off I didn't watch this back then...how the hell did I miss this?

however I am confused in what order to watch it since I watched Mirai fukuin first and then the extra chorus...

then watched Tsuukaku zanryuu thus giving me some info on that purple haired girl...but I am still confused... any suggestions on how to watch this chronologically? so that I can understand each characters' back story? also, one of the characters there is named Shiki Ryougi...what is her relation with Shingetsutan Tsukihime's Shiki Tohno?

Anyone not watching Thunderbolt Fantasy needs to start now.

Good lord... that show changes my perspective of puppet play...

Thanks for the heads up.

and btw, they are so damn attractive for a doll.

from the show in taiwan, that boob physics though, wtf... (0:42-0:53)

Anyone not watching Thunderbolt Fantasy needs to start now.

Good lord... that show changes my perspective of puppet play...

Thanks for the heads up.

and btw, they are so damn attractive for a doll.

from the show in taiwan, that boob physics though, wtf... (0:42-0:53)

Considering who wrote the plot for Thunderbolt Fantasy... Gen Urobuchi. Yeah, "Urobutcher"!

Wait... that youtube scene isn't from Thunderbolt Fantasy though the dolls look very similar. Must be from the hands of the same craftsmen.

This will give you the idea of the doll's supposed looks before they got hand crafted... Looking at Kei Gai, I would almost say Gen is a fan of Overlord, particularly Albedo.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/ThunderboltFantasy

Please help me guys, I need my anime fix.

I had high hopes for this year but....

Berserk continuation        - I want to strange the director with my bare hands, it's that bad

D Gray man continuation - Just bad

Overlord                           - No season 2

Rokka no yuusha             - No season 2

Tokyo Ghoul                     - No season 2 (The continuation the director cooked up while doing bad drugs don't count. terrible!)

All these shows I really loved first season! Now I'm not able to find anything like. it's all generic fan service.

Does anyone know of anything good to watch?

I like the dark fantasy aspect, no fanservice, generic genki-boy/ onii san girls or stupid animals with annoying kids voice.

Am I asking for too much here?

Thunderbolt fantasy : yeah, It's cool, I like the VA, music (some of the times) and writing but the camera is too wavy for me changing aspect ever 0.5 sec. My eyes bleed. It's not really anime though but at least it's something.

Alderamin on the Sky?  It may not be quite what you're looking for, but I can't think of anything else right now.

This was good stuff man, do you have anything else you can recommend? :D Please, with sugar on top.

I must be getting old or I'm too jaded by anime to watch something like Masou Gakuen HxH.  It's one the most ignorant bullshit ecchi anime's I've seen.  No amount of bare boobs and panty shots can make up for the stupid premise or the recycled stock character types.  Pussy male protagonist, female that's uptight and thinks everything is perverted, female that's so laid back she must be on tranquilizers or Prozac, female with white hair, etc...I wasted 22 minutes of my life.

Considering who wrote the plot for Thunderbolt Fantasy... Gen Urobuchi. Yeah, "Urobutcher"!

Wait... that youtube scene isn't from Thunderbolt Fantasy though the dolls look very similar. Must be from the hands of the same craftsmen.

This will give you the idea of the doll's supposed looks before they got hand crafted... Looking at Kei Gai, I would almost say Gen is a fan of Overlord, particularly Albedo.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/ThunderboltFantasy

yeah, I did a little research before, and considering it's one of urobuchi works, I give it a try.

They are typical classic chinese doll, especially at the face, I think it's from the same company that makes the Thunderbolt Fantasy doll (PILL)

and considering good smile company is one of the producer, we can expect some of the mass produced action figure, maybe it's in Figma line.

I must be getting old or I'm too jaded by anime to watch something like Masou Gakuen HxH.  It's one the most ignorant bullshit ecchi anime's I've seen.  No amount of bare boobs and panty shots can make up for the stupid premise or the recycled stock character types.  Pussy male protagonist, female that's uptight and thinks everything is perverted, female that's so laid back she must be on tranquilizers or Prozac, female with white hair, etc...I wasted 22 minutes of my life.

LOL, yeah so true, but the anime market asked for it.. like hayao miyazaki said "anime suffers because the industry is full of Otaku"

(for me it's too much fan service)

Berserk continuation        - I want to strange the director with my bare hands, it's that bad

Tokyo Ghoul                     - No season 2 (The continuation the director cooked up while doing bad drugs don't count. terrible!)

All these shows I really loved first season! Now I'm not able to find anything like. it's all generic fan service.

I like the dark fantasy aspect, no fanservice, generic genki-boy/ onii san girls or stupid animals with annoying kids voice.

Thunderbolt fantasy : yeah, It's cool, I like the VA, music (some of the times) and writing but the camera is too wavy for me changing aspect ever 0.5 sec. My eyes bleed. It's not really anime though but at least it's something.

Alderamin on the Sky?  It may not be quite what you're looking for, but I can't think of anything else right now.

This was good stuff man, do you have anything else you can recommend? :D Please, with sugar on top.

Glad you like it.  Have you seen Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash yet?  It debuted this past winter.  The series has been completed, too.

Grimgar is good, it's nice watching a series where the protagonists are trapped in a fantasy world (that behaves a lot like an RPG) but aren't like Kirito or Momonga.

Glad you like it.  Have you seen Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash yet?  It debuted this past winter.  The series has been completed, too.

Excellent! Didn't even hear about this one. I'm wondering how I could have missed shows like this. Hmph,

Thanks again. Will binge watch it soon :)

Gonna list down the best anime's i've watched all year in hopes it guides people to the righteous path

#1 Re:zero obviously, i mean. Rem is life.

#2 GATE, because i just love how they made the characters how they are in a world they're in. its pretty much what i would be like if it ever happened to me

#3 Overlord. This. this. I'm obsessed. grace me with more seasons oh powerful ainz ooal gown!

#4 Kiseijuu: Sei No Kukaritsu, This..its like Tokyo ghoul, but the protagonist isnt a bitch-boy and the main villain is just so fucking cool looking

4804557-2613341127-r6hrb.jpg

#5 Aijin, Its like a mixture of Kiseijuu and SAO, it kinda makes sense when you watch it. Animation style is unique, but dont let that throw you off its really good. (The old man is a complete badass)

#6 Deadman wonderland, only reason this isnt higher-up because i dislike it alot when protganist has some cool ass power but then be's a bitch throughout the entire anime.

#7 Dimension W, a Story about a man in the future who hates the future. Loves Cars and beats the shit out of everyone.

#8 Ao No Excorcist, eh. eh. i guess you could say its fairy tale with demons. but. Demons make everything better. 

#9 Boku No hero academia, main guy's a bitch. his hero is a bitch in a suit. Everyone around him isnt. Pretty much every anime this year.

#10 Planetarian, if you watch the sub, its like reading a manga where the pages move for you. I'm not kidding. You'll spend most of the time reading the subtitles rather then watching the anime because the second character repeats the phrase "Yes" and "Mr customer" if it wasent for all the reading, i say its better then #8 and #9

Also plan on watching Sesien Cerberus fully, looks good so far. i'd recommend it. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching Dragon Ball Super... and it's been an amazing trainwreck. It is just so fucking awful.

I thought people were saying it is getting better? especially in the later episodes...

P.S. I also like Henshin-ing

In all honesty, the only reason I can see for anybody to claim the series is getting better is due to the fact that Future Trunks is back, because people seem to love him and maybe also because Goku pulled out the Kaio-Ken again for like two episodes during the god awful boring tournament (which was just a prelude to what seems like a planned even bigger and more dull mutliverse tournament). The animation quality may be a little better, but the quality of the story and all that pesky character stuff is just as bad as it ever was.

Being a Vegeta fan is still suffering. Gohan fans are getting it worse, though, as are Piccolo fans.

Anybody watching Mob Psycho 100?  It's from the makers of One-Punch Man.  The art style is unique, but action and comedy fans should at least give it a chance.

watching that...the art style is nothing to write home about but the animation especially on the action scenes is really epic...and if you have been watching upto the latest episode, (episode 10) you will see the mother of all plot twists...

I've been watching Dragon Ball Super... and it's been an amazing trainwreck. It is just so fucking awful.

I thought people were saying it is getting better? especially in the later episodes...

P.S. I also like Henshin-ing

In all honesty, the only reason I can see for anybody to claim the series is getting better is due to the fact that Future Trunks is back, because people seem to love him and maybe also because Goku pulled out the Kaio-Ken again for like two episodes during the god awful boring tournament (which was just a prelude to what seems like a planned even bigger and more dull mutliverse tournament). The animation quality may be a little better, but the quality of the story and all that pesky character stuff is just as bad as it ever was.

Being a Vegeta fan is still suffering. Gohan fans are getting it worse, though, as are Piccolo fans.

well haven't watched it after the Beerus arc to have a say...and I think that's what happens especially for a series taking up many episodes so far...I guess the story makers are running out of ideas to put into each episode and I'm not surprised if it ends prematurely...