@Arpaschad - Yea, Drifters is really bad ass.  Though, at the point in the manga I'm at it gets a little odd in terms of the constant humor.  I keep seeing people talk about how out of place the humor is, but its in the manga.  I'm still waiting for Oba Nobunaga to start with his crazy breast fetish lol.

In terms of One punch man...that's seriously one of my top 10 anime now.  The manga is killing me, due to how slow its being released.  In fact we just got spoiled last release with like 20+ pages, instead of the usual 10 panels @_@.  I'm dying to see the next part animated, I'm expecting it to be better than the first season (due to how the story ramps up).

Berserk 2016 started off with some really odd animation.  Throughout the show you could see notable improvements.  Its still crap compared to the manga, and the original that I'm a huge fan of.  

Before the show even launched I was confused why that animation studio picked it up.  If you check the animes they tend to do, they mainly do like slice of life high school stories @_@  So not only is the animation out of place, the main thing that studio does has nothing to do with a dark fantasy series.  So, go figure why they picked it up.  At least they did the story justice.

The preview at the end of the current season showed some teaser of more promising animation (teasing the armor of the berserker).  But, I'm with everyone else on the fact that the CG looked really bad.  I'd have been happier even if they cell shaded it lol.  

@Wight Zombi - You talking about the Overlord anime with the Lich guy?  That series felt like it went under the radar.  I found it by accident and at first was like "Oh noes...not another SAO/.Hack rip off".  But, they actually pulled it off.  I really hope they do a season 2 >.<

@l1ttled1ck - There's actually alot of good scifi anime's out there that don't include mech.  Heck, some of the most renown ones are.  Like Akira, Ghost in the Shell, and etc.  The only recent one that comes to mind for me was World Trigger.  The first season is amazing, despite the fact the main character is pretty weak.

Honestly besides Drifters, and DBS; I've yet to find any other anime that really grabs my interest.  I was really disappointed when I watched the second season of Seven Deadly Sins.  They doing filler like crazy. 

Normally the way I find new anime is by looking up the companies that did my favorites, and seeing if they have created anything new.  That's normally a good way to start.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Winter season is upon us, youjo senki looks interesting, more cycling anime for some reason meh may check them out, little witch seems like a cuter version of Harry potter will give it a go, konosoba was alright, gintama is here again never got into it, tales of zestiria looked good but rather dull, will see if there's any surprises.

Here's a few (don't know how good the dubs are):

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor

Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Hakairoku-hen

Touhai Densetsu Akagi: Yami ni Maiorita Tensai

Uchuu Kyoudai

Mushishi

Mushishi Zoku Shou 2nd Season

Chihayafuru

Chihayafuru 2

Usagi Drop

Juuni Kokuki

One Punch Man

• 2 weeks later...

Good surprises this season: ACCA, may still fuck up but it seems to be building up the mystery for what could be an interesting twist or it will turn into a sorta slice of life boring show. Onihei is a cop show in the (edo?) period episodes have loosely connected plot between them but so far so good.

Youjo senki is what I expected weird plot with ww1/2 setting better than the Red witch in the previous season if you like artillery barrages with some political intrigue. Konosoba is still fun.

I really appreciated Umineko no naku koro ni, same author of Higurashi no naku koro ni,

but this story in many steps is adapted from an Agatha Christie novel and a bit of  '80s japanese black chronicles.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really an anime fan like I used to be back in the 90's. But I love the fuck out of Gundam 0079 and Zeta Gundam, fantastic shows - really can't pick a favorite. Akira is one of my favorite movies, def in the top 10. I need to read the manga someday. Let's see...watched some of the show Monster but got bored, hear the manga is better. Oh Ghost In The Shell, the live action movie coming out looks wack though.

Ah also Evangelion, especially the movie. I love the themes in the show and the story is superb but I honestly loathe the characters. And the robots are sweet.

It took me a long time to get into anime at all. I've never been a fan of the art style and avoided it because of that, but after I watched the first season of GoT back then, I was left with an unsatisfied hunger for fantasy series. So I started looking for fantasy animes and the first one I ever saw was Berserk, which I found absolutely fantastic. Since then I've watched a few other series, but wouldn't call myself an anime nerd. The ones I've watched so far are:

Berserk (fantastic!)

Claymore (after Berserk this was rather mediocre)

Death Note (absolutely brilliant)

Samurai Champloo (really good and funny, recommendable)

Attack on Titan (impressive and very suspenseful)

Gintama (outright brilliant humor, I love it)

Hunter x Hunter (probably my biggest anime addiction so far, I'm amazed at the profoundness of the story, characters etc.)

There were some other series I started but didn't continue, but I won't list them here.

• 2 weeks later...

In your list there are only "cults" somehow, good list but,

I'd like some advices for recent anime 2015/1017 and not ongoing if possible. Lately I can't find anything interesting.

In my mood now I'd like to see something very funny or very horror  :D  but if the story is exciting, also other genres are fine. Anyone?

In your list there are only "cults" somehow, good list but,

I'd like some advices for recent anime 2015/1017 and not ongoing if possible. Lately I can't find anything interesting.

In my mood now I'd like to see something very funny or very horror  :D  but if the story is exciting, also other genres are fine. Anyone?

What are cults?

As for recent anime. Personally my favorites of last year were Uchuu Patrol Luluco, Shouwa Genroku Rakugo and Mob Psycho 100 and Flip Flappers. Luluco and Mob definitely fall in the line of funny and all besides Rakugo are exciting and rather fast paced. They're all really well directed and Flappers and Mob are amazingly animated. Luluco though I wouldn't really recommend to watch unless you've seen all the original stuff Trigger has done. But then again you are asking for recommendations of new stuff so I might as well recommend those, especially since they're all rather exciting and funny as well.

Those would be: Inferno Cop, Little Witch Academia (tv series is starting now, but watch the shorts first), Kill la Kill and Violence & Sex with Matchspeed.