Skyrim SexLab - Sex Animation Framework v1.62 - UPDATED Jun 3rd 2016

I have a problem, the line that should say "Reading SexLab..." on FNIS does not appear at all. I uninstalled everything from the base game then reinstalled everything but this keeps happening. What am I doing wrong? I'm running everything as admin and the problem is still there.

Compare where FNIS says it is finding the game to where you just reinstalled the game. Do they match?

Are you using Mod Organizer but not starting FNIS under Mod Organizer?

Yes, the folders match as I own the game via Steam.

Besides that, how do I start FNIS under Mod Organizer? That might be the solution I'm overlooking.

Besides that, how do I start FNIS under Mod Organizer? That might be the solution I'm overlooking.

Ok, you are using Mod Organizer then. First off delete the FNIS icon on the desktop, you never want to use it so eliminate it.

Open MO and in the right hand panel select the "Data" tab.

Scroll to the bottom, not far up you should see a "> tools", click on the ">" to expand it and you'll see two programs.

Ignore the one for "modders", you don't need that one at all.

Expand the "users" one and then you'll see the "GenerateFNISForUsers.exe" program in among a lot of files, right click on the exe and you'll get a pop up menu.

Select "Add as executable" and you can add spaces to make the suggested name read easier then click OK.

Now in the dropdown list of programs next to the "Run" button you'll have the FNIS program in the list so you can select it and press the run button.

Remember to change it back to SKSE when you want to play the game though.

Additional notes: Have an EMPTY "overwrite" folder in MO before you run FNIS. Once FNIS is done right click on the overflow folder and select "Create Mod", I suggest you name it "FNIS OUTPUT". That will put all the generated FNIS files into a mod.

If you run FNIS again delete the old output mod before creating a new one.

Ok, you are using Mod Organizer then. First off delete the FNIS icon on the desktop, you never want to use it so eliminate it.

Open MO and in the right hand panel select the "Data" tab.

Scroll to the bottom, not far up you should see a "> tools", click on the ">" to expand it and you'll see two programs.

Ignore the one for "modders", you don't need that one at all.

Expand the "users" one and then you'll see the "GenerateFNISForUsers.exe" program in among a lot of files, right click on the exe and you'll get a pop up menu.

Select "Add as executable" and you can add spaces to make the suggested name read easier then click OK.

Now in the dropdown list of programs next to the "Run" button you'll have the FNIS program in the list so you can select it and press the run button.

Remember to change it back to SKSE when you want to play the game though.

Additional notes: Have an EMPTY "overwrite" folder in MO before you run FNIS. Once FNIS is done right click on the overflow folder and select "Create Mod", I suggest you name it "FNIS OUTPUT". That will put all the generated FNIS files into a mod.

If you run FNIS again delete the old output mod before creating a new one.

Thank you, that solved all the issues. Now I can finally proceed to have a jolly old wank.

Is there a way to force a Foreplay animation to play? To override the User MCM setting and make one play? (Bonus if there is a way to choose a specific Foreplay animation)

I know I can use a hook to play them back to back, but that has the issue where the orgasm stage would play in the foreplay animation. Plus the redress, etc

Use the Thread model method, I used this line of code

AnimationObject.DisableLeadIn(false)

To no avail. Thoughts?

Is there a way to force a Foreplay animation to play? To override the User MCM setting and make one play? (Bonus if there is a way to choose a specific Foreplay animation)

I know I can use a hook to play them back to back, but that has the issue where the orgasm stage would play in the foreplay animation. Plus the redress, etc

To no avail. Thoughts?

Yes, of course you can call a specific animation. The API provides a way to get animations by name so use the full name of the animation and you should get only one animation returned and the act will then use that animation.

To no avail. Thoughts?

Yes, of course you can call a specific animation. The API provides a way to get animations by name so use the full name of the animation and you should get only one animation returned and the act will then use that animation.

It provides a way to select the regular sex scene animation by name. But I was asking about Foreplay. When you use GetAnimationByName, that refers to the regular animation, not the Foreplay (or LeadIn as the code calls it). The code checks if Foreplay is toggled on in the MCM and then if so, it randomly selects from animations tagged "foreplay."

What I need is a way to override that MCM setting. So that when I tell it to play, as an example, Arrok Missionary, it will play a Foreplay animation before it plays Arrok Missionary, even if the user has toggled off Foreplay animations in the MCM.

The only way to do what I want to do from what I can tell, is to use hooks to play a Foreplay animation and then a regular animation like Arrok Missionary. The issue there is that it's clunky because Sexlab builds the scene for the Foreplay, strips them, moves them into position and then plays the animation, ending with an orgasm and then redresses them and then pauses for a few seconds as it builds the next scene.

When Sexlab knows it's adding Foreplay animation (When the LeadIn setting is set to True) it builds the Foreplay and the regular animation together in one scene. So, either I need a way to override the user's MCM setting or I need some major help in using hooks where I can play the Foreplay animation and stop it before the orgasm stage, block redress (pretty sure I know how to do that one) and then start the next animation. That would still be a less elegant solution, but this is Skyrim and we take what we can get.

To no avail. Thoughts?

It provides a way to select the regular sex scene animation by name. But I was asking about Foreplay. When you use GetAnimationByName, that refers to the regular animation, not the Foreplay (or LeadIn as the code calls it). The code checks if Foreplay is toggled on in the MCM and then if so, it randomly selects from animations tagged "foreplay."

What I need is a way to override that MCM setting. So that when I tell it to play, as an example, Arrok Missionary, it will play a Foreplay animation before it plays Arrok Missionary, even if the user has toggled off Foreplay animations in the MCM.

The only way to do what I want to do from what I can tell, is to use hooks to play a Foreplay animation and then a regular animation like Arrok Missionary. The issue there is that it's clunky because Sexlab builds the scene for the Foreplay, strips them, moves them into position and then plays the animation, ending with an orgasm and then redresses them and then pauses for a few seconds as it builds the next scene.

When Sexlab knows it's adding Foreplay animation (When the LeadIn setting is set to True) it builds the Foreplay and the regular animation together in one scene. So, either I need a way to override the user's MCM setting or I need some major help in using hooks where I can play the Foreplay animation and stop it before the orgasm stage, block redress (pretty sure I know how to do that one) and then start the next animation. That would still be a less elegant solution, but this is Skyrim and we take what we can get.

Thiks should do it.

sslThreadModel Thread = SexLab.NewThread()
Thread.DisableLeadIn(false)

; // Make animation array of whatever animation you want.
sslBaseAnimation[] Foreplay = new sslBaseAnimation[1]
Foreplay[0] = SexLab.GetAnimationByName("Name of Foreplay Animation")

; // SetLeadAnimations(array) will force foreplay regardless of MCM settings 
Thread.SetLeadAnimations(Foreplay)

; // Whatever other configuration you want to make on the thread

; // Start the thread animation
Thread.StartThread();

Ashal, I bow at your feet. Thank you so MUCH!!!

Seriously, you have no idea how happy I am. Tested it and it worked PERFECTLY.

You're awesome.

:D :D :D

remember to show your appreciation to Bethesda by purchasing some user made mods from us-i mean them on their new Bethesda Creation Club!

I want to remove some animations (not all of them!) already included by another mod, like MoreNastyCritters, to replace with better ones. Is there a file I have to edit to remove these animations from the Sexlab animations list? I need to remove them because I am now at my limit for animations.

I would also like to mention the devious Loot and devious devices for the bondage cause the character model to freak out as if it isnt allowing a proper animation for that as well.

That's not a sexlab problem, what you should do is to report it to the according mods so their authors are able to see it.

Is there any way to force the English language? The translation in my language really sucks and I can't even understand certain options due to this

Not entirely sure if that works so better make a backup, but i think making a copy of the sexlab_ENGLISH.txt and name it sexlab_YOURLANGUAGE.txt (overwriting the original) should work.

I know this is a stupid question quite possibly (couldn't find an answer through searching) is there a specific reason that the animation limit for sexlab is set to 500 for characters because I recently hit this limit?

I am having trouble getting Sex Lab to work.  Skyrim loads to the menu and I can select a new game or load an existing game.  Once that game is loaded, if SexLab Framework tries to "load" automatically or via the MCM menu option I will get a CTD right after "Loading Sexlab Voices" appears in the upper left hand corner.  

In troubleshooting this issue, I have pared down my load order to the following:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
SexLab.esm
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp
dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

I have blown away my Skyrim Install and my Mod Manager so many times I'm not even sure how many times I've done it.  I've done my best to work through the troubleshooting steps but nothing has helped.  I am using the latest version of Skyrim from Steam, FNIS, SKSE, and SkyUI are all the current versions.  I've tried messing with the load order, made sure to re-download sexlab, but nothing helps.  Once SexLab tries to install itself in game, I will always get a CTD.  

Any Ideas?

I am having trouble getting Sex Lab to work.  Skyrim loads to the menu and I can select a new game or load an existing game.  Once that game is loaded, if SexLab Framework tries to "load" automatically or via the MCM menu option I will get a CTD right after "Loading Sexlab Voices" appears in the upper left hand corner.  

In troubleshooting this issue, I have pared down my load order to the following:

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SexLab.esm
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp

I have blown away my Skyrim Install and my Mod Manager so many times I'm not even sure how many times I've done it.  I've done my best to work through the troubleshooting steps but nothing has helped.  I am using the latest version of Skyrim from Steam, FNIS, SKSE, and SkyUI are all the current versions.  I've tried messing with the load order, made sure to re-download sexlab, but nothing helps.  Once SexLab tries to install itself in game, I will always get a CTD.  

Any Ideas?

Looking at the logs, I still can't figure out what's going on.  The last entry in all my papyrus logs is "[07/20/2017 - 12:45:32PM] SEXLAB - Expressions[12] Custom5 - Custom 5" which I assume is where Skyrim then crashes.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SexLab.esm
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Any Ideas?

Looking at the logs, I still can't figure out what's going on.  The last entry in all my papyrus logs is "[07/20/2017 - 12:45:32PM] SEXLAB - Expressions[12] Custom5 - Custom 5" which I assume is where Skyrim then crashes.

Long story short, it appears there is something with the newer version of MO.  I've cleaned out my MO profiles before and reinstalled it but it wasn't until I went to an older version of MO that things started working correctly.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Dawnguard.esm
HearthFires.esm
Dragonborn.esm
SexLab.esm
SOSRaceMenu.esp
XPMSE.esp
SkyUI.esp
RaceMenu.esp
RaceMenuPlugin.esp

Any Ideas?

Long story short, it appears there is something with the newer version of MO.  I've cleaned out my MO profiles before and reinstalled it but it wasn't until I went to an older version of MO that things started working correctly.

Just wanted to stop in and say thanks for posting this.  I've had this issue the last 3 days and have been going crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

What version of MO did you go back to where its working?