1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

See, from my point of view ghouls are just another race. Ya, they have to be clearly distinct from the others and dried out or hardened or something relative to the furry races. But they don't have to be ugly as such--they're full-fledged NPCs, friendlies and neutrals as well as hostiles. So I think scalies make a lot of sense for them. Nightstalkers, to the extent I understand the lore, are a mutation created to handle the post-apocalypse environment and their furry/scaly cross is a representation of that. So I don't know why they aren't a decent base for a FFO ghoul, which have similar origins and similar issues.

That said, I've done nothing about it cuz I'm working on the supermutants right now. Once they're sorted I'll look at the ghouls for real.

can i make a suggestion for ghouls since you said something about scalies?

what about some type of reptillian? like an anthro lizard, snake, croc, gator, kobold, etc? i won't suggest dragons for ghouls, cause that'd be better as a player character and/or companion replacer.

this way, if you so choose, you could use the nightstalker for something like blaze wants as a player race or companion replacer.

10 hours ago, IceBlazeWinters said:

or were you talking about the beast heads part?

I'm talking about the part where you have made overrides of the JAVELIN, AMELIA and FF4 Head Parts FormLists in your plugin when none of those things have anything to do with Just Business. So those should be removed because good modding etiquette says mods and patches should only include the stuff they need to and needless overrides can only cause conflicts.

In this case, the only thing that needs to be edited is the "JBRaceHumanGhoulList" FormList to add the FF4 races + AMELIA + JAVELIN (which you seem to have done already), so the other record overrides are unnecessary and as such should be deleted from your patch (but only from your patch, not from the original mods, duh).

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Nightstalkers, to the extent I understand the lore, are a mutation created to handle the post-apocalypse environment and their furry/scaly cross is a representation of that.

Not really though. They're the pet project of Dr. Borous, Head of Animalogy, Beastology, and DNA-Scrambling technology at Big MT Research.

They were created by intentional genetic engineering, they are not the product of radiation or FEV mutation or anything like that:

BOROUS: -Attention students. This is the pre-recorded voice of your pre-recorded principal. Doctor Principal BOROUS! You may know me as the Head Chief First Researcher of Labs Z-9 and Z-14. There I fought valiantly to preserve rattlesnake DNA, and put it right where it belongs, in the husk of another feared predator.
(...)
COURIER: -So Nightstalkers were created for what purpose, then?
BOROUS: -To preserve coyote... no, no, wait. The snake DNA was important because... the snakes with the rattles were dying out, and...- -Or maybe it was a bet from Calis in X-8? He had some mountain lion... eagle... condor... idea. "Bet you can't breed this," he said. Showed HIM.- -Then it... spliced itself into a coyote...-y, snake thing. Which was eventually successful. Kept that DNA where it belonged - spliced.-

As for why it happened, the dialogue above hints at either rattlesnakes dying out (like seemingly other animals such as horses did as per the lore) and him wanting to preserve them through LEGO Genetics! 'cause that's what he does best, or it just being a crazy dare from another scientist.

Not that any of this matters that much for whatever one may want to do in mods but I thought I'd clarify what the existing lore was for them.

5 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

That said, I've done nothing about it cuz I'm working on the supermutants right now.

Really looking forward to that, the models for them looked pretty good.

16 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I'm talking about the part where you have made overrides of the JAVELIN, AMELIA and FF4 Head Parts FormLists in your plugin when none of those things have anything to do with Just Business. So those should be removed because good modding etiquette says mods and patches should only include the stuff they need to and needless overrides can only cause conflicts.

In this case, the only thing that needs to be edited is the "JBRaceHumanGhoulList" FormList to add the FF4 races + AMELIA + JAVELIN (which you seem to have done already), so the other record overrides are unnecessary and as such should be deleted from your patch (but only from your patch, not from the original mods, duh).

is it possible for a mod or a patch to just completely disable the ability to save?

for the last few hours, i've been trying to figure out why i can not quicksave, manual save, exit save, or why dogmeat and companion nora will not enter buildings

2 hours ago, thunderhoof20 said:

hello there fellow fallouters, im just wondering if theres been updates released lately ?

The last update was on August 11th. It's on the right-side tab on the download page. Why? Is there anything you wanted to see changed or added?

Supermutants!

Still a bunch of work to do on texture seams but the basics are in place.

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Also supermutants are implemented weirdly--the face is part of some of the headgear. So getting them built in properly is gonna be a bit of a chore.

The mesh is from Valehyena. He gave me a high-poly mesh (over a million verts). I made a low-poly from it, baked the high-poly details into the normal map, and did a UV, weights, and textures. I'm not sure whether to leave them gray or make them puke green like vanilla. I started with green and then tweaked until I liked it, and this is what I got.

5 minutes ago, NuclearMuffin said:

I see there are other choices... how do I get them?

By enabling whatever "FFO-Player-(Race Name).esp" plugin in particular whose race you want to play as and hiding/disabling the others (including the "FFO-Player-TIGER.esp" one which seems to be the last one on your load order right now).

Finished blending texture seams today. If I never have to blend another set of seams, I won't be sorry.

I think with the mutants, I'll give them real fur patterns. Doberman, german shepherd, great dane. And screw the green-skinned thing. No reason they have to all look the same.

Hey! It's me again, and I apologize profusely for that.

So I've been taking this beauty of a mod for a spin, and so far it works great with most of the things I wanted to do with it. I've run into both human and furry settlers though all of the named characters remain furry. This works out great for me. However, in LooksMenu sometimes when I make alterations, the NPC becomes invisible. The only way I could bring them back was by turning them into a JACKAL unit, though the guy still had a horse head. Even mousing over some options just straight causes a CTD. (Mostly just AMELIA related stuff)

Is this a known issue? The vanishing, I mean. (The guy was still there and went back to working the cooking station he was on, scared the hell out of me because I thought he despawned)

As an aside, though I can change most facial options, I can't seem to change their hair.

I'm thinking I might be missing a plugin or patch.

That or LooksMenu hasn't caught up with the majesty of your overhaul.

4 hours ago, HmnTVI4 said:

Is this a known issue?

Yes, this is a known issue, but it's a vanilla known issue. You CANNOT edit NPCs in LooksMenu unless they have the "Is CharGen Face Preset" flag enabled, which no vanilla NPCs do (certain NPC appearance replacer mods do enable it in case you want to tweak them further, but doing so is a bad idea because having more than 2-3 NPCs using that flag on screen at the same time will kill performance dead).

14 hours ago, HmnTVI4 said:

Hey! It's me again, and I apologize profusely for that.

So I've been taking this beauty of a mod for a spin, and so far it works great with most of the things I wanted to do with it. I've run into both human and furry settlers though all of the named characters remain furry. This works out great for me. However, in LooksMenu sometimes when I make alterations, the NPC becomes invisible. The only way I could bring them back was by turning them into a JACKAL unit, though the guy still had a horse head. Even mousing over some options just straight causes a CTD. (Mostly just AMELIA related stuff)

Is this a known issue? The vanishing, I mean. (The guy was still there and went back to working the cooking station he was on, scared the hell out of me because I thought he despawned)

As an aside, though I can change most facial options, I can't seem to change their hair.

I'm thinking I might be missing a plugin or patch.

That or LooksMenu hasn't caught up with the majesty of your overhaul.

This is most likely another mod you have installed, for myself, I loaded the entire load order up in FO4 edit and checked which entries in FurryFalloutNPCs.esp were being overwritten. You could slap it to the bottom of your load order, which is easiest, but it can screw up your other mods which it was overwriting.

Lots More Settlers and Enemies was the biggest culprit for my issues, added a shitload of faces for NPC's.

OK so I was this close to releasing an update with the new mutants, but then I thought well, I'll just get the meatcaps working and OMG what a shitshow that turned into. 

So first I just exported the meatcaps and they showed up in game which was wrong so I gave them the same names as vanilla and found out they have their own dismember code which had to be added to the exporter. Then they didn't show up on the live mutants but they didn't show up on the dead ones either so I went into the supermutant dismember segments in detail and found out their hands have their own code which I didn't know about so I added that to the exporter and that was fine except (the meatcaps still don't show up) AND the textures are messed up because to get the dismember segments right I combined the hands and back of head into the body but they use different texture files and you CAN'T have one TriShape with multiple texture files. So the only way I can make this work is by changing all the UVs so that the head back and hand textures are in the same files as the body which means re-doing ALL the textures. Which I guess I will do but right now I'm off looking at the skimpy armor mod and crying in my beer.

Hello again! I have a new problem, right now the bodyslide files don't work on any characters unless they are wearing clothes. The body looks as I want when the clothes are on... but as soon as they come off it goes back to default shape!

It seems to only be the furry body because earlier the furry textures broke and the bodies were human with animal heads, but the body looked as it should, now I have the body textures fixed and the shape isn't showing again. 

Any ideas would be helpful.

9 hours ago, NuclearMuffin said:

Hello again! I have a new problem, right now the bodyslide files don't work on any characters unless they are wearing clothes. The body looks as I want when the clothes are on... but as soon as they come off it goes back to default shape!

It seems to only be the furry body because earlier the furry textures broke and the bodies were human with animal heads, but the body looked as it should, now I have the body textures fixed and the shape isn't showing again. 

Any ideas would be helpful.

1) Check load order, FFO4 must always be on the bottom page.

2) FFO4 uses its own bodies (CBBE), if you want to change the shape you have to generate them in BodySlide each time separately (4 basic body types of white-eating and carnivores).

Of course, you must first download and install    Furry_Fallout.B0.8_Bodyslide_Files

If you use FG Body, you can try this:

Edited by poblivion