On 8/9/2021 at 6:12 AM, Gryphe said:

EDIT: Memory Shaun's a bit confused about the species he wants to be. I'm a deer myself.

Just noticed this--not sure what the issue is--you say you're a deer but in your pic memory Shaun is a deer, so what's the issue?

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Just noticed this--not sure what the issue is--you say you're a deer but in your pic memory Shaun is a deer, so what's the issue?

Oh, I agree fully that the head is a perfect match but something feels odd regarding his skin. Isn't that a cheetah's pattern I'm seeing there, covering his arms?

One of my ideas for the Selachii mod(the FO4 version), is a separate group of Institute scientists with a bit more of a head on their shoulders. Well, mostly. This being because it involves them being more reasonable with their use of technology, and perhaps wanting to hoard it a bit less. 

But more to the point, a possible origin point of these bipedal Night Stalkers, and perhaps with the possible change to Hancock(making him not precisely a ghoul, but damn close), the source of his experimental drug.

Spoiler

2225, Mid-Summer

Intercepted one of the mercenaries the Institute had paid, and took possession of their cargo. They won't miss it, and it is even likely it is something they would invariably take to nothing but an incinerator. While I as of yet do not know what the package contains, I will endeavor to make some scientific use of it, if possible. 

2225, October

Completion of a nearly three month study of the aforementioned package. They are eggs, of an already hybridized creature. Information coming with the package correlates with the scientific and genetically "messy" work of Big Mountain. 

The creature is a hybrid of a Coyote and Rattlesnake, suggested to possess the physicality of a canine, and the ability to ward off potential threats, alongside having the ability to inject venom with it's fangs. Some of this information is limited, or supposition at best - since Big Mountain viewed science more akin to children than adults. But perhaps I can make something of this.

2225, December

I do not know if this is a good idea. As per the scientific method, I will explain. 

For some time, I have known about the existence of Project Helix. Not only that, but I possess cryogenically frozen samples of the serum used in the project - a number of the variants used in each division of the project, alongside 100 samples based upon it all - but these samples lack the genetic pointers that would force the body to physically change. Possibly these samples were intended as a replacement of the FEV - as they would not cause any of the known effects, but it would enforce the body to change in more base ways. Those injected would see increased strength, intelligence, etc. But that never happened, and if more samples exist, I do not know.

But to continue the idea, I have considered attempting the research necessary to force the further hybridization of these creatures. Meaning, bipedal versions. 

God damnit, if this turns out badly, I will curse that bastard's name with my dying breath.

7 hours ago, Kuroyami said:

But more to the point, a possible origin point of these bipedal Night Stalkers

That sounds like an interesting concept that could explain how they came to be in a lore-friendlyish-y way (i.e. based on nighstalkers being created in Big MT indeed as per the original lore) and ties in with the whole "overarching Helix narrative" thing most of our custom races have going on pretty well, but I don't think it works out well with the "Furry Fallout world" and the fact these anthro nightstalkers would be tentatively used to replace ghouls.

Which leads us to another interesting point: the "lore" of the races included here would probably have to be different between "standalone" version (no NPC replacer, humans still exist, only the player and/or some NPCs use the races) and the NPC replacer one (no humans, everybody is anthro, posters and magazines and such are replaced with furry versions). With the standalone races possibly being explained as Helix/Big MT/rogue Institute-created while the latter just... exist.

So... yeah, this might actually work out as the lore for the base/standalone version. ?

As I see it, to the extent that ghouls make sense at all, it's a genetic alteration that works in part by drying up all the soft parts of the body and leaving tough, desiccated skin behind. Winter got access to this mutation through some dodgy medical experiments. The rest of the ghouls either got it from radiation or from a secret medical experiment like Vault 88, maybe put in the water supply and triggered by radiation. 

So whether I replace them with snekdogs or not, I'm thinking that the ghoul replacer works the same way, drying up the soft parts and replacing them with scales. That could be the extent of it and might be enough. Horse and dog skulls are kinda spooky without their noses. Shrinking the skin down to barely cover the skull and adding scales might look okay.

However, if I'm doing the work for what will be essentially a new race, having an interesting target like the nightstalkers might be more fun. 

Also, really in this whole conversation I'm thinking about normal ghouls, which are just another race in FO4. Feral ghouls are their own thing and tho they obviously have to be somewhat similar to regular ghouls, they are not (I don't think) getting the same level of attention.

So whether I replace them with snekdogs or not, I'm thinking that the ghoul replacer works the same way, drying up the soft parts and replacing them with scales. That could be the extent of it and might be enough. Horse and dog skulls are kinda spooky without their noses. Shrinking the skin down to barely cover the skull and adding scales might look okay.

I honestly do think this would be the more fitting approach as far as ghouls go. I like that concept, and ghouls looking like mutated/warped versions of (some of) the normal races would match the vanilla ghoul premise (and the corresponding dialogue/writing) much better, even if the specifics of the ghoulification process aren't kept 1:1 with details like the scales instead of just dry or rotten flesh.

Besides, if such race(s) are created and canines are involved indeed (tho horses also sound cool), the assets for hypothetical "bonelike canine head/face" sound like they could be used as a base for a Mal0/SCP-1471-like race or character as well, which is also something I've wanted for quite a while now and I'm not the only one indeed, lol. ?

Again, it's not my call and if having them as ghouls (however not-very-fitting-in-my-particular-opinion that might be) is the price to pay for having anthro nightstalkers then I guess I can't complain much there, but I'm sharing my thoughts.

However, if I'm doing the work for what will be essentially a new race, having an interesting target like the nightstalkers might be more fun. 

I do have to admit you'd effectively have to create two new races if you were to do both the "mutated horse/canine" ghoul thing and a hypothetical separate Nightstalker race (which you seem to be at least interested in, which is nice). Perhaps even "more" considering the two variants of the former, though if body assets and such are shared and only face itself changes, it could go back to being "one". But... maybe you wouldn't need to do all the work on both yourself?

Now, I can't really speak for other people here at all (so take this with a grain of salt), and even if this idea was to happen, group work isn't always guaranteed to work out, but... other existing race modders have shown at least a certain level of interest in working on a hypothetical Nightstalker race mod; these being Beardofsocrates (Vulpine author) and Shadowliger (Lupine author). So perhaps it would be interesting to reach out to them at some point to discuss the potential for a collaboration of sorts somehow?

Like, keeping the "mutated horse/canine" thing as part of Furry Fallout itself, and then have a hypothetical Nightstalker race be standalone but "linked" to FF like for example Ungulates or Selachii are for Yiffy Age, and then distribute the work of such a race between the three (or two) of you as you'd like, or maybe have them (or either of them) work on the race as the "main" dev(s) but help them out with whatever parts they need?

Just throwing random ideas around here, but I feel there's quite some skill "available" here which would be good to put to use to its full potential if possible. ?

....oor I guess you could just do a Nightstalker race for the sake of snekdogs first and foremost and then just use them to replace ghouls in the NPC file for Furry Fallout because they are the least-weird fit for them. Still, if you do nightstalkers at any point, you may want to inquire around those two just in case. :classic_shy:

Also, really in this whole conversation I'm thinking about normal ghouls, which are just another race in FO4. Feral ghouls are their own thing and tho they obviously have to be somewhat similar to regular ghouls, they are not (I don't think) getting the same level of attention.

As far as ferals go, they only exist to be an annoyance and get shot, so as far as I'm concerned probably something like the Skyrim YA draugr would work: edited so they resemble the nonhuman species they're supposed to be, but not a hundreds-of-hours-gone-into-it perfect job or whatever. Just... enough to work out.

Edited by Blaze69

It says the Tools folder contains the Bodyslide files. I downloaded Furry_Fallout 1.0.0.0.7z. All I see in the Tools folder are BDFurryFalloutTransmogrifier.pas and mteFunctions.pas .

Am I missing something? I like having tig ol bitties, and I don't see the bodyslide files here.

1 hour ago, Yuni said:

It says the Tools folder contains the Bodyslide files. I downloaded Furry_Fallout 1.0.0.0.7z. All I see in the Tools folder are BDFurryFalloutTransmogrifier.pas and mteFunctions.pas .

Am I missing something? I like having tig ol bitties, and I don't see the bodyslide files here.

B0.8 Bodyslide files are in the "Old Versions" folder in the Drive, I guess BD forgot to pack them with the v1.0 download. There should be no changes to body meshes from B0.8 so you should be able to use those just fine.

Is the Canine Male Body intended to be different from the other bodies? I was playing and noticed that when I stripped, my player's body was different from the outfit built with BT3. I thought I had built the outfit wrong, at first, but I think the Lykaios Body is definitely different from the BT3 body

Spoiler

20210822123157_1.jpg.9460852f57a925c8ad68f9a59ff7e0f0.jpg20210822123149_1.jpg.96fc91c87b488b990904354ed7519a24.jpg

The jeans outfit was built with the BT3 Nevernude model built at zero sliders, and the Canine body is out of the box FFO 1.0.0.0 model, which I'm assuming is at zero sliders. Muscle slider is max, all BT3 sliders are zero.

I looked at the 0.8 bodyslide files, and it looks like the pecs are clearly different on the Canine Male Body vs the other bodies:

Spoiler

1556046189_CaninePecs.png.1e439ebb1d54134637c396cdd5d5e014.pngCanine638654574_DeerPecs.png.4e6b728ce53b9450f97111843f70bea0.pngDeer

Wasn't intentional but I was playing with the sliders and might have ended up exporting the body with one of the sliders set... somehow.

I mean, it's not a huge issue. It hasn't stopped me from enjoying the mod quite a bit.

BTW, You got me to actually play Fallout 4 again, so it's quite nice. I appreciate the work that you put into the mod.

Does anyone know how to fix the issue where when you take off your clothes or an NPC's clothes, if they're male, have their balls kinda stuck. For the player its kinda up and off to the side and for dead npcs its just stretched out.

1 hour ago, Fatey said:

Does anyone know how to fix the issue where when you take off your clothes or an NPC's clothes, if they're male, have their balls kinda stuck. For the player its kinda up and off to the side and for dead npcs its just stretched out.

You need to install the Zaz Extended Skeleton aka ZeX. If you already have it, make sure to place it at the bottom of your mod list so other mods don't overwrite it.

16 hours ago, Fatey said:

I already have it but I'm not sure on how to make sure it's at the bottom.

What Mod Manager do you use? For Vortex, it should be as simple as setting ZeX to overwrite other mods. For Mod Organizer/Mod Organizer 2, you can place ZeX below any mods so that it doesn't have a red '-' next to it and it only has a green '+'. For other mod managers, or no mod manager, don't do that and switch to a real mod manager, then see above.

On 5/22/2021 at 6:20 PM, Bad Dog said:

So CK is too brain damaged

Yes, the CK is retarded. I just make new headgear specific to my characters.

I have a copy of Vulpine Headgear if you want it.

On 8/11/2021 at 12:03 PM, Siigonis said:

I would love playable night stalkers......>.=.>.....<.=.< they are cute Snek coyote's

Don't get your hopes up.

Vulpine headgear-38859-1-0-1557616497.7z

Edited by RussianPrince
18 minutes ago, Kupok said:

I appreciate it, but this version is looking for Vulpine Race which plays funny with Bad Dog's Furry Fallout

It wasn't for you to use, it was for BadDog to look at for ArmorAddon data.

Hi! im having troubles with the instalation of this mod, im currently using Nexus Mod Manager (Vortex) to ensure main game files stay the same when installing mods. the Fallout version im using is 1.9.4. (had to tweak Fallout script extender to use it, but i didn't get any trouble with any of the other mods i have), i tried installing the furry mod in the order it was supposed to, but the game keeps crashing on startup or when starting a new game. i also tried a fresh install but its the same. This also happens with the Vulpine-Lupine race pack mod from nexus.

Can anyone please help me?
Thank you in advance!!