2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

if you wear any outfits that use the same physics set (like the Courser one) at the same time, both will clash and cause the spazzing

Think it's worth it to add the tail slot to the vanilla coats so they get disappeared by the coat?

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Think it's worth it to add the tail slot to the vanilla coats so they get disappeared by the coat?

It will cause conflicts with anything that edits vanilla items, though, such as AWKCR, Armorsmith, or ACO. Then again the headgear already has those issues and the spazzing is pretty annoying so maybe it's worth the conflict potential. ?

Could try only editing the ArmorAddon data to add the tail slot to them and increase the Priority value so tails are hidden but not "unequipped" when wearing them (like how some Skyrim armors hide amulet to avoid clipping without actually taking up the Amulet slot), as there's less mods that edit the AAs themselves and there'd be no edits to the base ARMO record... but IIRC the last time I tried to do something like that with ArmorAddon slots things bugged out badly so that functionality may be broken in FO4.

1 hour ago, llab314159 said:

Hi. I'm wan't make a giant settelment in wich people of the different races live in diffenrent segments. The problem is that I can't change an random NPCs race(those with ff in thiet id) and those with full IDs I can only change the body, but not the head of. Pls help and thx

NPC race cannot be changed in the game (regardless of whether they're unique or random), and even if it could, settlers are generated randomly and behave differently from unique/static NPCs in how their data and race are stored so editing races for those would be impossible anyway.

You'll have to keep saving and reloading until the game spaws a settler of the race you want, or find a way to get rid of the NPCs you don't want so the game can spawn new ones (maybe send all the "undesirables" to a throwaway settlement away from the main one?).

Edited by Blaze69
41 minutes ago, poblivion said:

Maybe it uses the same slot as the tail?

That would be my guess. The amount of equipment slots in the game is limited and there's no "fixed" guide on what to use them for, so having mods use slots that conflict with tails or other mods' items is common.

There's also the fact that even if there was an official/specific "tail" slot, some people would still use it for other items because "hurr durr beast race bad" and thus they wouldn't care.

22 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

That would be my guess. The amount of equipment slots in the game is limited and there's no "fixed" guide on what to use them for, so having mods use slots that conflict with tails or other mods' items is common.

There's also the fact that even if there was an official/specific "tail" slot, some people would still use it for other items because "hurr durr beast race bad" and thus they wouldn't care.

How difficult would it be to add a tail to a skeleton?  And would it affect previously created clothing and armor?

Just now, NuclearMuffin said:

I have also found that the supermutants no longer ragdoll? They just freeze in place and I cant loot them?

IIRC that's an issue with the AAF Super Mutant skeleton and is unrelated to FF4's models. You can either have animated dongs or working ragdolls, but not both. I don't have any AAF mod installed myself and my furry Super Mutants ragdoll just fine on death.

Okay, 1.2 is up with the synths. I tried to do a little leveling on the JAVELIN armor so the synths would level in difficulty a bit. I tried to get all the right armor on the right synths--let me know if something looks off. AMELIA (gen 1) synths will dismember without meatcaps, which is unfortunate. I'd like to get them working with the system the game uses so you can blow bits off a synth but that will have to come in a cleanup pass.

Supermutants should play in AAF scenes. As I said above that's not working on my machine but is on one of the AAF dev's, so maybe I just need to update my mods.

I doubled or more a  bunch of the leveled lists. Seems like when FO4 wants variety in looks, they create a bunch of "Face" NPCs which are then used as templates and combined with other templates to give different kinds of NPCs. I just added a bunch more of those and put the new ones in the same leveled lists where the old ones appeared. So let me know if that worked.

I had some trouble with Valentine's hat because turns out it's also used by the guards in Goodneighbor. I think I got it fixed, but if you see holes in hats let me know.

I also fixed the funny-looking NPCs, I think. Let me know if I missed any.

Oh--I didn't deal with the DLCs at all. So I still need to go through and update that addon.

7 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Supermutants should play in AAF scenes. As I said above that's not working on my machine but is on one of the AAF dev's, so maybe I just need to update my mods.

If the problem is SMs are not getting erect on your end even though the morphs and such are all properly set up, then you may be experiencing the "LooksMenu Morphs Bug" (aka morphs don't load properly, and since AAF uses morphs to load the erect shape on all dongs, that's a problem). The AAF people say using LooksMenu 1.6.18 instead of the latest version (1.6.20) helps, but in my experience it does not.

If you are having this bug indeed, the only way to fix it is to ask EgoBallistic for the patched LooksMenu DLL the AAF team came up with to fix this issue.

11 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I also fixed the funny-looking NPCs, I think. Let me know if I missed any.

At the very least, you missed Darla (969D9) aka Skinny Malone's broad which Nick was tracking down in Vault 114:

Spoiler

DarlaBug.jpeg

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhow, some other stuff to report:

• You seem to have added a bunch of female NPCs to the Triggermen lists, but they all use male voices (since there's no female TM voice in vanilla). I'd say you should either replace them with males or at least change their voice to the RaiderFemale01 one. (The TM lines will be broken or silent but at least generic/combat ones will work and you won't have females using male voices, lol).

• You don't seem to have touched the Settler lists (LCharWorkshopNPC, LCharWorkshopNPCMale, LCharWorkshopNPCFemale). I think that may be because I'm a dumdum that thought they shared the same list as Minutemen and told you as much even though they actually don't, but still, there's still a limited amount of faces so adding a bunch more for the next update may be a good idea.

• I've seen some weirdness with Gen1 synths (AMELIAs) spawning with Gen2 (JAVELIN) neck head parts for some reason; I'll check to be sure but I'd swear I've spotted a Gen2 with a Gen1 neck as well. That may be worth looking into. I'll report back with more detailed info if I find anything.

• The AMELIA stealth suit doesn't seem to include hands because the hand AAs are missing (only the body/suit one is included). The original stealth suit used the base naked hands as "gloves" so you can either remove the Hand slots from the armor or add the naked hand AAs to the armor's AA list.

• You've got a ton of superfluous textures in the NPC file, and they are all uncompressed, so the file size goes through the roof. Needlessly so.
    • You've got a "_n" texture for each NPC FaceGen texture set, even though those are ignored by the game since only the "_msn" ones are used. That's +4MB of clutter for each NPC. And there's a ton of NPCs.
    • Every single FaceGen texture is uncompressed, which means 4MB/each. Once compressed, the size goes down to 1.33MB, so compressing them properly actually cuts down the final combined size by two thirds. That's a fucking lot.

To recap on this last point, the current total size for the NPC + NPC DLC files is ~6.5GB. The final size once the _n textures are deleted and the others are compressed is ~3.9GB.

What I suggest you do:

1. Extract the NPC textures BA2, and move the FaceGen textures folder (but not the other stuff) to a different folder somewhere.
  2. Delete all *_n textures from the FaceGen files.
  3. Grab the latest version of IceStorm's Texture Tools.
  4. Go to the "Batch" tab on the rightmost corner in the Texture Tools, and make these edits to the settings:
    1. Texture type for Diffuse Maps -> DDS BC3 (Low Quality)
    2. Tick/Enable "Include additional suffixes (_msn, _c, _f, _sk)"
    3. Tick/Enable "Treat all files without known suffix as diffuse".
  5. Run the Batch tool on the FaceGen textures you separated from the rest in Step #1 using the settings above. (Should take a while but be very fast overall).
  6. Move the compressed textures back with the other non-FaceGen ones in the proper paths and stuff.
  7. Use Archive2 to create a new DDS-format Default-Compression BA2 with the textures from Step #6 above, and overwrite the old one with it. (There's no way to delete files from a BA2 so creating a new one and overwriting the old one is the only way to get rid of the useless archived *_n FG textures).
  8. ???
  9. Profit

(...and yes, I've worded this For DummiesTM in case anyone else wants to do that in the meantime so they can get the benefit of less file size and lower VRAM usage on their end until you fix the main download).

Frankly doing this FO4 texture stuff is still confusing me so the for-dummies version is just fine.

I remember the thing about _msn files that are really tangent normals, but what, facegen is generating _n files too? Freakin' a. And it's generating them as uncompressed files. Freakin' a again. 

Is that all you meant by superfluous textures? There may be some Amelia/Javelin ones I didn't use but I don't think *that* many.

I wasn't sure what the Amelia stealth suit was for, and I thought I didn't use it in the end--just let unarmored synths go bare-assed because they are synths after all. I should have done more to put their armor on them when the base synth is armored but I was still in shock from the totally different mechanism synths use. 

I just don't get what's going on with the warped NPCs. They look fine in CK and they seem to generate fine when I facegen them individually. I'll go look at whats-her-name.

I'll deal with the settlers. I knew I was running a risk with the Triggermen, but wasn't sure what the problem might be. I guess I'll just return them all to male.

@IceBlazeWinters sorry, should have been explicit--just get the latest version of each and it will be fine. I didn't update the base mod so it's at 1.1 and the NPCs are at 1.2. The supermutants file was  where I was giving them to the AAF folks and is irrelevant--I'll take it down.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I remember the thing about _msn files that are really tangent normals, but what, facegen is generating _n files too? Freakin' a.

Whoever at Beth made the FO4 CK (or at least the bit of code that handles FaceGen data export) is a lazy retard that didn't bother editing the file export code from the Skyrim version, so normal maps in FaceGen texture sets are exported with a _msn suffix (leftover from the Skyrim FaceGen code which does use Model Space Normals) instead of _n even though they're Tangent Normals like every other normal in FO4. The texture paths baked into the FaceGen nifs accordingly point to the "_msn" suffix as well, so that's what the game will look for.

This just means FaceGen normals will have the _msn suffix instead of _n but otherwise behave exactly like any other normal map.

The issue is your FurryFalloutNPC - Textures.ba2 seemed to have two copies of each FaceGen normal: one with the proper _msn suffix, and one with the _n suffix which was thus 100% ignored by the game but still counted for the download/archive size because it was in there. Deleting all those superfluous _n-suffix duplicates gets rid of a ton of file size.

And it's generating them as uncompressed files. Freakin' a again. 

It always has, the thing is back in Skyrim the FaceGen texture was a single 256x256 tintmask so the uncompressed-ness wasn't noticeable due to the tiny size. FO4 uses 3 different 1024 textures for each FG set now so those extra unneeded 2.6MB for each texture that remains uncompressed do stack up real quick.

Is that all you meant by superfluous textures? There may be some Amelia/Javelin ones I didn't use but I don't think *that* many.

Nah, I was only talking about the _n FaceGen textures there.

So yes, facegen produces both _n and _msn files. BUT the _msn file has the green channel inverted, which I am told is a directx thing--except that since facegen starts with a presumably correct-for-directx normal, so why is it inverting the green channel? Did they decide to be smart and do it in facegen--but not for any of the normals that *don't* go through facegen, thereby bollixing everybody up? Also some of the left/right mirroring seems messed up between the two.

And what about face layers that have normal maps, e.g. scars? Which way do they want the green channel? This is a freaking mess.

I found Darla, and ya, the furrifier wasn't handling some extreme numbers well, so that will be fixed next rev.

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

So yes, facegen produces both _n and _msn files.

It... most definitely does not. It only generates _msn files. And the green channel is untouched from the originals.

...at least on my PC. I do have CK Fixes installed but AFAIK they haven't touched the FaceGen code yet (next update may add the option to disable the TGA export so it's only DDS, but that's it). And I've never been able to export FaceGen without CK Fixes since the Actor window would automatically crash when trying to load the 3D data of any non-HumanRace NPC, so there's that.

What the hell is up with your CK, then? :classic_huh: