3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I like nightstalkers and think they're criminally underrated, and I've also wanted a NS race mod for a long while now; but there's no point in bugging you about it if it's not the kind of thing you had in mind, lol.

You're talking like I know what I'm doing. I don't have anything in mind yet. I had no idea nightstalkers were a thing. The nightstallker images I've seen from games look pretty terrible but I like the image upthread. There is some other art that's kind of reasonable. Doing them as a full race sounds like a PITA, but I might have to do pretty much a full race to do the ghouls anyway. I'd been thinking more to put scales over the basic head shape with the three classes of races giving some variety. But I'd have to make some changes to the head mesh anyway and at that point it might be easier to make them their own thing and do a full set of morphs. I have to do feral ghouls too, but feral nightstalkers could easily be a thing.

Anyway, from my point of view the ghouls are a giant hole in the middle of the game taking up space until a better idea comes along. 

3 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I like nightstalkers and think they're criminally underrated, and I've also wanted a NS race mod for a long while now; but there's no point in bugging you about it if it's not the kind of thing you had in mind, lol.

You're talking like I know what I'm doing. I don't have anything in mind yet. I had no idea nightstalkers were a thing. The nightstallker images I've seen from games look pretty terrible but I like the image upthread. There is some other art that's kind of reasonable. Doing them as a full race sounds like a PITA, but I might have to do pretty much a full race to do the ghouls anyway. I'd been thinking more to put scales over the basic head shape with the three classes of races giving some variety. But I'd have to make some changes to the head mesh anyway and at that point it might be easier to make them their own thing and do a full set of morphs. I have to do feral ghouls too, but feral nightstalkers could easily be a thing.

Anyway, from my point of view the ghouls are a giant hole in the middle of the game taking up space until a better idea comes along. 

Honestly, while I'd love me some snekdogs, I don't think they'd fit the role of ghouls that well, and also would rather not have to slaughter them by the truckload as ferals. I'd prefer basically "furrified" versions of the existing ghouls (or alternatively, ghoulified versions of the existing furry races). Which, BTW, some such examples were brought up on Discord.

In the end, though... sounds like whatever that results in will still take a while to happen and there's stuff to do higher on the list so I guess worst case scenario we can just pull a "we'll get there when we get there" and not make a decision just yet.

Edited by Blaze69

Personally I'm quite a fan of the entire "furries took over" theory I've built up in my head with my latest playthrough - The ghouls being remnants of the former human race, having gone extinct when the bombs dropped.

That and I wouldn't be able to shoot something I'd consider adorable, like those previously mentioned nightstalkers.

You guys. You're shooting lions, foxes, horses, freakin' Bambi, and you fleabags draw the line at snakedogs? 

Ghouls have to be turned into something. They can't just stay human. They're all over the settlements at this point (I think because I agreed with the guy at the Slog) and they freak me out. 

Maybe I'll make them snakedogs and give you one of them as a follower. I'm not sure why Beth didn't.

Srsly, no commitments to anything yet. When I'm ready to gear up for V2 I'll try some different things out and post ideas.

36 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

You guys. You're shooting lions, foxes, horses, freakin' Bambi, and you fleabags draw the line at snakedogs? 

Who says we are? ?

I'm actually running a vanilla game but with furrified versions of Better Settlers and Militarized Minutemen installed, so enemies are human (and I can slaughter them by the truckload without feeling bad) but settlers and Minutemen are anthro. I also can pretend anthros are "taking over the Commonwealth" by clearing and populating settlements as a bonus.

If I'm to ever do a "full furry world" playthrough, it'd have to be either with a patch to re-human-ify Raiders and Gunners or with one of those LL mods that let you capture enemies and use them as slave labor for settlements instead of having to kill them.

Ghouls have to be turned into something. They can't just stay human. They're all over the settlements at this point (I think because I agreed with the guy at the Slog) and they freak me out. 

Agreed, leaving them as-is just... nope.

I think the only real question here is what to turn them into.

Maybe I'll make them snakedogs and give you one of them as a follower. I'm not sure why Beth didn't.

...they did, though. Hancock.

He may not be a "real" ghoul lore-wise in that he wasn't turned by the bombs but basically got irradiated by huffing uranium during a particularly wild drug trip, but it's not lile semantics change the fact he uses GhoulRace and looks like a ghoul, lol.

Srsly, no commitments to anything yet. When I'm ready to gear up for V2 I'll try some different things out and post ideas.

Fair enough. Better to wait and see, then.

Edited by Blaze69

Forgot Hancock. Tell me you don't want a snakedog follower.

(I dunno even why I'm hammering the point, I didn't even know they existed before yesterday and I'm still kinda, wtf? Why snakes and dogs? -But it's a reason to do a thing. Maybe I'll start by putting scales on the Lykaios and if I like it go from there.)

Okay, I'm putting together the kit for V1 now. I want to facegen everybody, just to be sure, and pack it all bsa's or whatever they are, then it goes up. What you get:

• All races have final textures, head shapes, facegen morphs, and expressions, all available through character generation.
  • Deer have the full set of horns. Pick them by choosing a present with the right horns and make changes from there.
  • Kellogg's race is consistent and matches his mother
  • Shaun's race is consistent and matches the player (except the baby)
  • Children have child-appropriate head shapes
  • Tigers have a desaturated base color so you can make white tigers
  • About 10 hairstyles have been implemented for each sex, thx to pOblivion for some. Some don't fit all the races as well as they should (hyenas have stupid wide faces).
  • Horses have manes available for the PC
  • A new set of furry mags available, which give perks, thx to Leono Hisashi. Some in Diamond City, some at Red Rockets.
  • Old people have white or at least lighter muzzles.
  • Horse hooves are black so they don't turn an odd color when the horse isn't black.
  • The "Big Sky" horse mane is weighted to the hair bones. Not sure I did it right--give me feedback on whether it works and whether it's worth it.

What you don't get (yet):

• Furry ghouls or mutants. 
  • Furry-shaped synths.
  • Full set of hair. Apachii/KS hair styles.
  • Horse manes on NPCs. Need to add that to the furrifier.
  • Fusion Girl body
  • Body overlays, so no giraffe or zebra patterns yet.

My plan for V2 in more-or-less priority order:

• Mutants. I have a great model from Valehyena but the mutant skeleton isn't importing correctly so it makes sense to do it after I've upgraded the import/export tool.
  • Ghouls, whatever we do with them.
  • More/better hair.
  • A few more baby Shauns to match the player.
  • Body overlays.
  • Add a zebra and giraffe or two as one-off NPCs. 
Edited by Bad Dog
2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Forgot Hancock. Tell me you don't want a snakedog follower.

I want one badly, but I don't think I want one with the Ghoul voice which everyone refers to as a ghoul. :classic_unsure:

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

I'm still kinda, wtf? Why snakes and dogs?

Because Doctor Borous, Head of Animalogy, Beastology, and DNA-Scrambling technology and Head Chief First Researcher of Labs Z-9 and Z-14 of Big Mountain Research really liked both rattlesnakes and coyotes, and decided to play Lego Genetics with both for shits and giggles.

Turns out Dr. B is so brilliant he's capable of hybridizing mammals and reptiles in a way that not only works but does it so well they became feetile and started breeding and spreading even though they were supposed to be sterile. And all that after the good doctor had been turned into a literal brain-in-a-jar (whose jar is filled to the brim with drugs). Go science! ?

Snekdog lore sperging aside, I guess I just don't want them to be halfassed or be made ugly because hurr durr ghouls bad; I'd rather they be a full fledged (and good looking) race like the other playable ones.

Edited by Blaze69
18 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Bitch, please. It's me.

Fair point, my bad. :classic_angel:

Still, good to hear confirmation that wouldn't be the case if it was to happen, lol. Snekdogs deserve love too.

Edited by Blaze69

Minor issue - Seems the magazine in Red Rocket doesn't have a graphic attached to it when viewed directly. The world model is fine, but viewing it from your inventory results in a blank screen.

The only other one I came across (at Kellogg's place) worked just fine.

EDIT: Memory Shaun's a bit confused about the species he wants to be. I'm a deer myself.

Spoiler

Shaun.png.e681da79b03f8fdeb2e61a211db870bd.png

Edited by Gryphe
Guest d.b0661

Hi @Bad Dog,i want to ask you a question: I noticed your Furry Fallout 4 mod said that Bodies are based on BodyTalk for males and CBBE for females, if I play at a single furry in humans world, then i install Enhanced Vanilla Bodies (EVB) by Leito86 for humans males and females, will it change furry bodies as well or it still use BodyTalk and CBBE ?

Edited by d.b0661
1 hour ago, d.b0661 said:

if I play at a single furry in humans world, then i install Enhanced Vanilla Bodies (EVB) by Leito86 for humans males and females, will it change furry bodies as well or it still use BodyTalk and CBBE ?

Furry Fallout races use separate body meshes with species-appropriate legs/feet and genitals, so you should be able to install EVB for humans while FF races will still use BT3.

Note that this only applies to males; female EVB meshes are not compatible with CBBE textures, so FF females would get a ton of texture bugs if they try to equip EVB clothes or armors. So you basically need to use CBBE for all female characters in your game, including humans.

Don’t know if anyone has addressed this or not, but if they have I’m sorry. Since the last two new updates that added the headmorphs all the helmets/hats/other facewear clips though the face now where before it worked mostly fine without that issue. Is this something with the new face morphs or could this be something I did wrong? 

12 minutes ago, LexusMan said:

Don’t know if anyone has addressed this or not, but if they have I’m sorry. Since the last two new updates that added the headmorphs all the helmets/hats/other facewear clips though the face now where before it worked mostly fine without that issue. Is this something with the new face morphs or could this be something I did wrong? 

You might want to check the load order of your mods, in that case. That's typical behavior of an armor mod that's loading later then FurryFallout.esp.

It's possible that whatever changes you made to the old version for the load order no longer apply to the latest version. (Since it's a separate file and not a Nexus-hosted mod)

I personally try to load this mod as late as possible to ensure my world stays properly furrified.

10 minutes ago, Gryphe said:

You might want to check the load order of your mods, in that case. That's typical behavior of an armor mod that's loading later then FurryFallout.esp.

It's possible that whatever changes you made to the old version for the load order no longer apply to the latest version. (Since it's a separate file and not a Nexus-hosted mod)

I personally try to load this mod as late as possible to ensure my world stays properly furrified.

Thanks for this, this is exactly what happened, I just forgot to make sure my load order was set correctly.

Hey y'all,

I've made my custom patches available over at https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1KvOHOgU1U8_f5CWWMoMIjuo-iuCPHoQm?usp=sharing in case someone wants to mess around with a couple mods - Currently testing a Tales of the Commonwealth patch so I won't add it until I'm 100% certain everything works.

The following patches are currently available;

FurryFallout - Diamond City Expansion

FurryFallout - Ellen the Cartographer

FurryFallout - Heather Casdin

FurryFallout - I'm Darlene

FurryFallout - Insane Ivy

FurryFallout - Sim Settlements 1 (Legacy)

FurryFallout - Sim Settlements 2

Yes, I like custom companions. xD