Furry Fallout 4

View File

Furry Fallout

This mod makes the whole Commonwealth furry. 

What's New

• There's a new furrifier that lets you control how races are assigned and that covers furry races not made by me. 
  • The CTD when running without the NSFW kit is fixed.
  • The plugins have been reorganized. Everything is now in archives (no loose files) and the furry world elements have been separated from the NPC files.
  • Because of this, you'll need to run this with a new game.

Details

• You can play as lykaios (wolves), fox, hyena, cheetah, lion, tiger, horse, deer, snekdogs (nightstalkers), or otters.
  • With the "world" addons, objects in the world (statues, posters, etc.) are furry.
  • With the NPC addon, all NPCs are transformed into one of the above furry races
    • These are independent of each other, so go wild. Furry in a human world, human in a furry world, all furry, whatever floats your boat.
    • Otters can be found in Far Harbor mainly. Ghouls are snekdogs.
  • Races have a range of fur colors and race-appropriate face patterns. 
    • The face morph system can be used to customize head shape. FO4's UI SUCKS but if you know how to do it for people you can do it for the furries. Some face morphs use the "Type" section and others use the "Sculpt" section, so check both.
    • Deer have a full set of horn options. Choose the preset with the horns you want and customize from there.
    • Most races have a full set of face pattern options, which you can find in the "Extras" section. Tigers and cheetah are already over-decorated so they don't. 
    • You'll see some options in the UI that don't seem to do anything. That's because they don't. I suck and didn't remove all the options I'm not using from the races.
  • Bodies are based on BodyTalk for males and CBBE for females. They are anatomically complete (with the NSFW plugin) and fully functional if you install AAF. 
    • All bodies have animal feet and peens
    • All bodies ship with BT or CBBE tri files, containing all the original morphs customized to work with the furry body parts
  • Hair and headgear have been converted to fit, vanilla and DLC. Face scarves use the faceBones system to fit different-length muzzles, but it's only moderately successful.
  • Kids are furry too and have their own child races. 
  • Some artwork has been made furry in the "world" plugins. There's some new magazines in here too. By default it's guys but there is a patch that makes them female for your viewing pleasure.
  • Races generally reflect family relationships. (Kids follow the mother.)
  • The furrifier is packed into a zip and available at github. Instructions in the associated wiki.
  • There's a kit with Bodyslide files for customizing male and female bodies.

Sex

• AAF is not required unless you want sex animations.
  • Best way to get started is go to the AAF Fucking Manual and do everything it says.

-Note that some of the pictures use clothes and gear from other mods, and they're not mine so I don't know where they came from-

Installation

Warning: These are gigantor files. Get a coffee. Also if you get a "quota exceeded" error wait a day or so and try again.

Note the FFO files may have different version numbers. That's okay--the latest will always be at the top-level directory at the link.

CBBE is a prerequisite.

Get detailed installation instructions here.

Compatibility

Any other mods that add NPCs will need a patch if you want them to be furry. (They should work correctly without a patch, but the NPCs they add will stay human.) Use the furrifier.

Any mods that add headgear will need a patch to accommodate muzzles and the slightly altered head position. 

Known Bugs

• When you select one of the face regions to edit in character setup, the head disappears. I have no idea why. It comes back as soon as you're actually editing the face, so it doesn't get in your way but it's a bit startling.

Credits

• TheFuckingQueen, LordFlawn, PenBoozerX, and Leono Hisashi for the fabulous furry art
  • KrittaKitty for the Lykaios, which will never die
  • Blaze69 and ASlySpyDuo for instigating this; extra credit to Blaze for help all along the way.
  • Valehyena for the cool supermutant models
  • Shadowliger, Blaze69, darklynxxx, Petruz3D, Dipanjanc33, ASlySpyDuo for the AMELIA and JAVELIN assets
  • Blaze69 and Sandworm Wrangler for the fancy pics

@Bad Dog congrats on the release! I know it's still early stage and TBH I'm looking forward to later, more advanced releases, but it's good to have this out already.

...I do have some stuff to report, though. Main problem here is female characters of most races (if not all of them) seem to be using the same solid-color shiny-ish specular body texture which doesn't match the head or hands at all and causes very obvious seams. I can try to grab a pic or two later but I'm 99.99% sure it's because of the weird specular. Males seem to share the specular as well but that one does match the rest of the body parts better so I dunno what happened there. I'm assuming those were placeholders and you forgot to replace them with the new ones? Or maybe just missed female body specs when cleaning out seams?

They also all seem to use the same Lykaios normal maps; this isn't ideal but should work alright for now once the specular mismatch is solved, I just thought it was worth pointing out as well in case there had been some file mixup there or whatever.

19 minutes ago, Blaze69 said:

@Bad Dog congrats on the release! I know it's still early stage and TBH I'm looking forward to later, more advanced releases, but it's good to have this out already.

...I do have some stuff to report, though. Main problem here is female characters of most races (if not all of them) seem to be using the same solid-color shiny-ish specular body texture which doesn't match the head or hands at all and causes very obvious seams. I can try to grab a pic or two later but I'm 99.99% sure it's because of the weird specular. Males seem to share the specular as well but that one does match the rest of the body parts better so I dunno what happened there. I'm assuming those were placeholders and you forgot to replace them with the new ones? Or maybe just missed female body specs when cleaning out seams?

They also all seem to use the same Lykaios normal maps; this isn't ideal but should work alright for now once the specular mismatch is solved, I just thought it was worth pointing out as well in case there had been some file mixup there or whatever.

I noticed that too. I use the texture from the Hyena folder (HyenaFemaleBody_s) for all females. This fixes the problem with shiny body.

55 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

do you know more exactly?

The speculars for FO4 go like this:
Red channel = shine (aka the Skyrim specs you are familiar with).

Green channel = gloss.

Blue channel is discarded.

Don't know what program you are using to save as DDS but the Intel Texture Works plugin for Photoshop can save them as special Normal Map format which is also used for speculars, like this.

image.png.bd5e9995a84caeb9f4e451051384c3ba.png

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

do you know more exactly?

Sly already explained the important bits. The only thing I have to add is that you may want to check out the standard CBBE human specular to see what "standard" Spec and Gloss channels can look like and what the end result is ingame. Or maybe find something with the specular effect you want and see what its corresponding specular texture looks like.

Other than that, on the topic of textures I think it may be worth pointing out that there is a (community-made) texture export preset for Substance Painter that generates FO4-compatible textures. The end result won't be 1:1 since SP uses mainly PBR Metal/Rough while FO4 is non-PBR Spec/Gloss, but in my experience it's still reasonably close and SP allows you to do some fancy stuff if you grab custom materials and such. So if it turns out SP is something you'd be interested in (for this project in particular or otherwise), it should at least be an option to work on this project indeed, methinks.

Okay, I hadn't understood red and green are doing different things. I was exporting using that Intel tools normal setting (except for the Hyenas, apparently). Photoshop lets you edit red and green separately conveniently so I'm good there.

2 hours ago, maddadicusrex said:

Will these bodies interact with AAF sex functions? Some mods that change bodies will revert to vanilla or human with AAF. 

Most mods work, so far I only had a problem with AAF Violate. If the aggressor is one of the furry races, a note appears stating that it is an unsupported race.

I think AAF needs a "patch" to be able to recognize mod-added playable/humanoid races. Yhe main AAF download should have a patch for Vulpines so it would probably just be a matter of reverse-engineering the XML and replicating it for all of FF's races, but I haven't done so myself because I don't use AAF.

7 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I think AAF needs a "patch" to be able to recognize mod-added playable/humanoid races. Yhe main AAF download should have a patch for Vulpines so it would probably just be a matter of reverse-engineering the XML and replicating it for all of FF's races, but I haven't done so myself because I don't use AAF.

Will you be adding Skyrim type beast feet to your characters? I have been trying out the Furry stuff from Nexus and my Looksmenu added beast feet disappears using AAF. Seems we would need them as part of the body. Looking forward to your success with this.

3 hours ago, madeforjames said:

Will you be adding Selachii, Anthro Deathclaws, and Amelia Race? Great mod btw!

BD would be the one to reply here but I doubt so, considering he already has his own races lined up and everything. If there's ever any mod adding any of those races as new NPCs to the world, chances are I'll eventually make a patch for it to be compatible with FF, but i don't think they'll be included in the base mod itself.

8 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Yeah, my feeling is that those mods can be added to a furry world as easily as to a human world, so no need to usurp their thing.

I am no modder, but a humble suggestion. If you apply beast feet, please make them an actual part of the body. The mods on Nexus apply them via Looksmenu skin option to your character, but AAF (A sex framework will remove them) and revert to human feet during its operation.

24 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Weird. The bodies I looked at (the ones with dongs) had the feet attached, and that was my plan.

Lupine Race gives you multiple body/feet ( the 2 in Skyrim?) options which you can create in bodyslide. But when you make your character, you must apply your beast feet choice through Looksmenu skin selection and that will be removed during sex but reapplied after. I only tried out the Lupine and not any others. NPCS have no such issue.